• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

The Antitype said:
I can't imagine collecting all 440 Riddles.

I did it obsessively in the first game and loved it, but there's just so damn many this time and most of them aren't actually any fun.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Getting all of the riddles was probably my fave part about AA, but finishing off everything in AC is turning out to be a real slog. Outside the buidlings, inside the buildings, go back as Catwoman, ugh.

Jarmel

Banned
So just finished
Ra's part
and I can't imagine being Batman being much different than playing this game. This is also very much a hardcore fan's game, so many references that a casual person would not pick up. Honestly this is almost certainly the best game I've played in the past year.

njean777

Umm is there any way I can get back into the steel mill? I did the main story part there, but forgot about the barrel I needed to blow up...

I'm disappointed that the Batman Beyond skin doesn't have claws:

bmbv3_cv1_ds-copy.jpg

Snipes424

Anyone else run into this bug?

When you return to the steel mill you cannot go in the way you went in last time. So when I got to that part, I was redirected to another area. Once I got there I died and respawn at the other part. But now I am no longer being redirected and so my main story mission is stuck.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
After finishing the game earlier tonight it makes me want a Batman Beyond game all the more. All the ingredients are there; the combat is in place and the fact that this one is open world demonstrates that the Batman Beyond world would be faithfully recreated. However the problems that exist for Batman Beyond are these obvious ones; lack of real notable prominent enemies and from a financial perspective there'd likely be less sales as this takes place in a less loved universe. But damn honestly think of it, every physical attribute augmented by 10, an active cloak, ability to cling to surfaces, microphones mounted in the finger tips for eavesdropping, a flying batmobile that can be used to survey and patrol the airways and streets and jet assisted flight. Bring Batman Beyond Rocksteady!

Jintor

The main deal with a Batman Beyond game is that his villains aren't nearly as memorable as the classic Rogue's Gallery.

Hah, i just remembered an old planned Batman Beyond gag where Mr. Freeze's head was just chilling in Batman's fridge. They didn't use it, but still, lol.

hlhbk

WOW! I just beat the main story and all I can say is wow! I am 30 years old and have been a Batman fan since I was 6 years old. This is honestly not only the greatest Batman game ever it is one of the greatest Batman stories ever told including in the comics!

This game now replaces The Dark Knight for favorite portrayal of Batman outside of the comics!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Square Triangle said:
Just did
Hush's side mission
WHY MUST WE wait for the sequel?!
This is the
identify thief side mission, right? Do I have to do anything specific to unlock more of this or do I just wander around until somebody calls me with where to go next?

SpeedingUptoStop said:
This is the
identify thief side mission, right? Do I have to do anything specific to unlock more of this or do I just wander around until somebody calls me with where to go next?

You just have to find the bodies, but they spawn in a specific order.

hlhbk said:
This game now replaces The Dark Knight for favorite portrayal of Batman outside of the comics!

If you're talking about portrayal of Batman, then Batman Begins would be the better movie. TDK was a portrayal of what new one liner will the Joker say next?

/saltyBatmanfan

ThirstyFly said:
Yeah, I feel the same way. Getting all of the riddles was probably my fave part about AA, but finishing off everything in AC is turning out to be a real slog. Outside the buidlings, inside the buildings, go back as Catwoman, ugh.

I dunno, I'm having a great time. Mark trophy/riddle/breakable on map, beat some guys up on the way, interrogate to get more secrets. Repeat. It's really addictive.

Square Triangle said:
If you're talking about portrayal of Batman, then Batman Begins would be the better movie. TDK was a portrayal of what new one liner will the Joker say next?

/saltyBatmanfan

AndHereWeGo.gif

Sorry lol

Square Triangle said:

/saltyBatmanfan

I thought The Dark Knight did a great job of exploring the psychology of Batman by comparing and contrasting him to his foil in The Joker.

It did a pretty good job of exploring the psychology of the Joker as well - his dependence on Batman to give his chaos-driven life meaning, even if only by acting in conflict with him.

Playing the game, loving it.

I hate that you're forced to level the character though, or you lose the compass. I don't want to upgrade my armor. I'm Batman. Batman doesn't get shot, he avoids them entirely.

Vire

Don't read if you haven't beaten the game:

Super cool easter egg.

Did you guys find Killer Croc, really neat little easter egg! If you go for the shortcut exit after beating Ra's Al Ghul, Croc will come busting through the fucking wall. I nearly shit my pants.

Clegg

So how do you pronounce Ra's Al Ghul?

Whenever I read the name I pronounced it like it was in Batman Begins. But Arkham City pronounces it differently.

It's a silly question but I've been curious about it for the last few days.

woodchuck

I'm stuck on the Zsasz hideout:

There's a point where I have to turn the corner but I have no way to do it. I see a bunch of the rings to pull a platform, but there's no platform.

woodchuck said:
I'm stuck on the Zsasz hideout:

There's a point where I have to turn the corner but I have no way to do it. I see a bunch of the rings to pull a platform, but there's no platform.

You need the ice grenades to create floating platforms for you.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Vire said:
Don't read if you haven't beaten the game:

Super cool easter egg.

Did you guys find Killer Croc, really neat little easter egg! If you go for the shortcut exit after beating Ra's Al Ghul, Croc will come busting through the fucking wall. I nearly shit my pants.

I need to go back there then.

Cutwolf said:
How do I get the riddler trophies when there are like 3 floor buttons (spaced apart) to walk on to open the thing?

Depending on how far apart they are, you can either hit A to dive-roll, or you can use the line launcher to drop on them.

This game is like the good Batman Begins / Dark Knight that we never got. It's like Rocksteady created their own universe but incorporated the movies and BTAS

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have no idea how to trigger the riddler panels that are on the sides of buildings (
too high for exploding gel
)... just clueless.

Vire

Evolved1 said:
I have no idea how to trigger the riddler panels that are on the sides of buildings... just clueless.
Glide into the first one then kick off the wall and glide into the next. The only thing is that you can't touch the floor. So you can grapple boost off a ledge to turn around if you miss one.

Good luck.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Vire said:
Glide into the first one then kick off the wall and glide into the next. The only thing is that you can't touch the floor. So you can grapple boost off a ledge to turn around if you miss one.

Good luck.

OK thanks. Surprised I didn't think of that.

Jintor

BeautifulMemory said:
This game is like the good Batman Begins / Dark Knight that we never got. It's like Rocksteady created their own universe but incorporated the movies and BTAS

Yeah, the Arkhamverse is total adaption distilation. I mean, it still has some elements I don't like, but there ain't never going to be a completely perfect Batman universe.

ElyrionX

Hw hard is it to level up and unlock all upgrades? Will someone who runs through the main story only be able to unlock everything by the end of it?

Jintor

ElyrionX said:
Hw hard is it to level up and unlock all upgrades? Will someone who runs through the main story only be able to unlock everything by the end of it?

Some upgrades are tied to sidequests, so a main story run won't unlock everything. I missed out on the grapple upgrade until NG+, for instance.

Cutwolf

Beat the main game, but there's so much stuff unfinished and bosses the crooks keep messing that I haven't fought yet.

So much stuff to collect as well.

ElyrionX

Jintor said:
Some upgrades are tied to sidequests, so a main story run won't unlock everything. I missed out on the grapple upgrade until NG+, for instance.

Ok, apart from the sidequest upgrades, is it possible to get everything else with the xp the main story gives you?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ElyrionX said:
Ok, apart from the sidequest upgrades, is it possible to get everything else with the xp the main story gives you?
You can always get more XP from fights. I've leveled significantly beyond the point of getting upgrades just in getting more riddles and whatnot.

Er, misread the question. No, you definitely won't get everything only doing the main story.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Anyone use the alt skins yet? The Batman Beyond one is awesome in motion, especially for flying. I want to see TAS one...

How do you change the costumes after you beat the game??

SpeedingUptoStop

Man, I wish there were more phone booth type speed runs across the city. I STILL get such a rush traveling across the city somewhere super fast.

FStop7

Banned
I can't believe I feel this way, but Jesus Christ I can't wait until I beat this game so I can start a NG+ with all of my bat powers. Now that I've gotten almost all of the combat upgrades I am a machine. A machine of dark justice.

SpeedingUptoStop

So bummed I'm almost done with all the story bits. I particularly wish there was a way to replay just the boss battles with cut scens and all (a sort of "chapter" thing). This game has so many great moments, I don't wanna play through big levels just to get ot them. :(

Top Bottom