• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Was really down on the
Solomon Grundy and Ra's
"boss" fights.
Just way too gimmick driven and barely representative of the core gameplay.
But the
Mr. Freeze fight
was a great example of utilizing Batman's abilities and prowess in the context of a true boss fight. Loved it.

The Antitype said:
For sure.

You seem like a Batman fan. Did you ever watch the animated show? There was an episode where
Mad Hatter trapped Bruce Wayne in his own subsconscious, an alternate 'perfect' reality where his parents never died, and he was happy. But Batman was there, and he couldn't shake the feeling something was wrong. He was obsessively drawn to Batman, and eventually had to fight him, as Bruce Wayne, to break out.

Now cool would THAT have been as a side-mission?

Am I a Batman fan? Nope not at all.

Poison Ivy is also photographed there, it was taken when it was done so of course it's red from the blood.

Noriega said:
Is there a list of what riddler trophy/riddle unlocks what yet?

Just character trophies and concept art. Completing a row in the riddles menu usually unlocks an interview tape of the character related to that environment.

Just collected all the Riddler trophies and completed his side mission. Wow....that took awhile, but was so worth it. Now i am really getting into all the challenges. Blazed through all the predator ones first and got all 3 star ratings. That last two (extreme) ones were kind of tricky. The combat ones are awesome and the (extreme) version are fun and challenging as hell.

I cannot stop playing this game!!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I loved the costume and the style of
Mad Hatter
, but the fact that it is one single thing was underwhelming. I was so juiced for more stuff in that style, easily the shortest sidemission.

Weenerz

Banned
Square Triangle said:
Am I a Batman fan? Nope not at all.

Poison Ivy is also photographed there, it was taken when it was done so of course it's red from the blood.

Sorry for going offtopic, but where did you get this case for your iphone from?

gMNcG.jpg

Maybe it's in the game and I just haven't seen it yet, but it does seem like a waste to have this whole city to glide through and no battle with
Man-Bat.

Chasing him down, grappling onto him, avoiding shit as he tries to shake you off, and climbing up the rope to try and force him down.

Weenerz said:
Sorry for going offtopic, but where did you get this case for your iphone from?

http://i.imgur.com/gMNcG.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The only man who owns that is Kojima. =(

Custom made for that bastard, I linked it to show someone lol.

Need help on two side missions

For the Identity Theft Killer, is it true that after the 1st victim/witness I need to find the next victim on my own? Meaning, there won't be any cues about the next victim?

Also, for the Riddler hostages. I have saved the first two, and now have run around gathering clues before I can move on. How long do I have to do this until I can proceed? Is there a quota or specific areas I need to visit? I feel like I have gone through just pretty much everywhere

LiK said:
damn man, hardcore.

After the wedding in January I'm adding Catwoman to the two ladies. Kind of a sirens of Gotham theme.

BeautifulMemory said:
Need help on two side missions

For the Identity Theft Killer, is it true that after the 1st victim/witness I need to find the next victim on my own? Meaning, there won't be any cues about the next victim?

I ran into all three bodies as I'm always using detective mode so I spotted the bodies in the alley ways. Oracle might notify you of a body being seen but I couldn't tell you for sure.

Cheska

Besides the gliding and overall atmosphere the game offers, I absolutely love the cutscenes each time you beat a boss. Proves how freakin badass Batman really is.

EDIT:
Square Triangle said:
After the wedding in January I'm adding Catwoman to the two ladies. Kind of a sirens of Gotham theme.

I approve of this :D

Cheska said:
Besides the gliding and overall atmosphere the game offers, I absolutely love the cutscenes each time you beat a boss. Proves how freakin badass Batman really is.

Are the cut scenes on the PS3 compressed? The 360 version's cut scenes are compressed to all hell, it's annoying.

cackhyena

Holy shit,
just got to the Mad Hatter sequence which outdoes the Scarecrow bits from the first one for me.

This game...I personally have Uncharted 2 sitting higher ranked than AA from that year. I loved Uncharted 2 so much. Uncharted 3 will have to fucking blow me away to top this game, though. Unreal.

LEGGZZZZ

Holy Shit. The improved combat system in this game is incredible. It's like the best fighting system in a third person game period. WOW. Just wish this game had a little motion blur like Gears 3, would make the fighting look even smoother than it does currently.

When do the
Hush
missions come up? Do they just appear on the map a la police calls or something, or do I actually have to stumble upon the starting point myself?

The Antitype said:
When do the
Hush
missions come up? Do they just appear on the map a la police calls or something, or do I actually have to stumble upon the starting point myself?

After you leave the Subway for the first time, you learn of a victim being cut to pieces over the radio by the helicopter.

Square Triangle said:
After you leave the Subway for the first time, you learn of a victim being cut to pieces over the radio by the helicopter.

I'm an idiot. It was right there, flashing on the map, I just never noticed it.

Someone in Michigan come to my place and do these Ar Training missions for me before I kill myself. If Batman perches his fat ass on a lamp or hits a brick one more time..

I can't take this.
mAgk5.gif

Square Triangle said:
Someone in Michigan come to my place and do these Ar Training missions for me before I kill myself. If Batman perches his fat ass on a lamp or hits a brick one more time..

You can do it mang. I just completed them all a second time in new game+

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
There's so much stuff to do in this game. I'm like 8% in because all I've been doing is side missions. So good. :D

Also completed the AR missions. Some were frustrating, but I managed to do them! Woohoo!

The Broken Ska Record said:
I need help with the
Nora Fries
side-mission. I can't find shit.

Where those cranes are with the original AR training? Make an ice block on the water below and while in detective mode you'll see a breakable wall. She is underground, so it's confusing at first.

LiK

The Broken Ska Record said:
I need help with the
Nora Fries
side-mission. I can't find shit.

yea. didn't like this mission cuz of the location. had to use a guide cuz i was wasting so much time running back and forth.

btw, anyone else hate the Subway levels? always hard for me to find the exit :|

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So let me get this straight, for the
Storyteller achievement/trophy, you need to visit Calendar Man on those selected dates he has posted in his cell? The first time I visited him, he told me to visit when it's Halloween.

If so, that is FUCKING AWESOME.

Rewrite said:
Storyteller achievement/trophy, you need to visit Calendar Man on those selected dates he has posted in his cell? The first time I visited him, he told me to visit when it's Halloween.

yep

LiK

Rewrite said:

yup, if you do it legit, it will take a long time.

Completed it tonight. Absolutely loved it. I couldn't put it down over the past three days and just binged on it like a mad man.

I'm currently sitting at 77% overall completion. My Riddler challenge count sits at 432/440. I need to finish up some of the Batman skill challenges and find three straggler trophies in Park Row but I'll get there over the week. All side missions were completed and I got all of the upgrades available for Batman/Catwoman.

I want to finish getting 440/440 then I'll start up the New Game + to finish up during the next week and into the weekend.

Top Bottom