• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

MG310

Thanks Vire - had to run around between the church/courthouse with a trail of guys behind me until one finally pulled out a fire extinguisher and didn't keep picking up the same green box over and over. All 400 Batman and 40 Catwoman trophies accounted for.

Just need to figure out the Calendar Man trophy, Challenge Rooms, and New Game + now

Vice

MG310 said:
Thanks Vire - had to run around between the church/courthouse with a trail of guys behind me until one finally pulled out a fire extinguisher and didn't keep picking up the same green box over and over. All 400 Batman and 40 Catwoman trophies accounted for.

Just need to figure out the Calendar Man trophy, Challenge Rooms, and New Game + now

Calendar Man
You can change your games internal clock to the right days

Sean

Banned
Have about 20 Riddler secrets left (half trophies, half physical challenges), so close but so frustrating. Seems like they put all the really tough/well-hidden trophies in Industrial District.

edit: on 382/400 Oracle is now telling me Riddlers location, so I guess you don't need to collect every single one (unless you want the 100% achievements).

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Awesome custom soundtrack is awesome.

Some epic timing moments from last night:
- just as a I jump off a roof to paraglide through the city towards Freeze
's wife
, Chris Rea's Driving Home For Christmas kicks in
- locked in combat, Metallica's "...and Justice for all" is playing. As James Hetfield sings "justice is done", Batman uppercuts the final thug right on "done".
- I sat on a roof, spotted a thug, started a dive-bomb-glide-kick. My Bat-signal was filled, and as Bats grabbed the thug and thugs start swarming at me, "Blackened" starts playing

I know these are all just coincidences, but they are SO awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Freeflow focus makes these challenges rooms a breeeeze. Just got 52655 on one round just with normal strikes, batcape stuns, and ground takedowns.

DatBreh

Banned
Einbroch said:
But the fact that he doesn't get rattled makes him not relatable. Maybe I expected him to be more human and not so superhero-y.

Especially in a game where you actually control the character and in a way put yourself in his place.

You are playing as Batman, not Batman portraying you. Batman doesnt get rattled.

SuperAndroid17 said:
btw Harley's voice is the same right?

I thought they replaced the original VA. Sounds the same one as TAS/AA.

Nah, they had Arleene Sorkin voicing Harley in AA - who voiced Harley throughout the various 90s-00s TV series. That was one of the things I loved about AA (Quinn is probably my favourite Batman lady), the voice acting brought everybody to life and was perfect.

According to IMDB some chick Tara Quinn(?) is voicing her in AC. I haven't played a lot of the game yet but from watching my buddy do a quick run through the opening her voice is nasal to the EXTREME. Kinda sad that they didn't get Arleene back in for AA but eh... I'm not one to bitch about the *little details* on Gaf ;)

neorej said:

's wife
- locked in combat, Metallica's "...and Justice for all" is playing. As James Hetfield sings "justice is done", Batman uppercuts the final thug right on "done".
- I sat on a roof, spotted a thug, started a dive-bomb-glide-kick. My Bat-signal was filled, and as Bats grabbed the thug and thugs start swarming at me, "Blackened" starts playing

Life is funny.

If you allow opportunities for serendipity to arise, very often it will do just that.

Especially when you're stoned. Not sure why that works, but it does.

KungFuBill said:
According to IMDB some chick Tara Quinn(?) is voicing her in AC. I haven't played a lot of the game yet but from watching my buddy do a quick run through the opening her voice is nasal to the EXTREME. Kinda sad that they didn't get Arleene back in for AA but eh... I'm not one to bitch about the *little details* on Gaf ;)
Tara Strong. She's a fantastic voice actress but she definitely doesn't nail the Harley voice.

My problems with Harley in the Arkham games extend far further than just her voice actress, though. From the moment she turns up in Arkham Asylum and says "How do you like my new outfit? Pretty hot, huh?" I knew this wasn't TAS Harley I was watching.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm 8% on my new playthrough. Honestly, I was so mad that my save was corrupt, but there are worse games to replay. I'm enjoying it. Especially knowing what to do and how to approach missions.

How do you get the Enigma machine to come up to give you a new conundrum?

I'm 60% of the way complete so have another 2 left to do but is it just random when he gives you another or do I need to collect more Riddler trophies?

Edit: The latter seems the case, ah well can't be bothered getting more trophies :(

LiK

matrix-cat said:
Tara Strong. She's a fantastic voice actress but she definitely doesn't nail the Harley voice.

My problems with Harley in the Arkham games extend far further than just her voice actress, though. From the moment she turns up in Arkham Asylum and says "How do you like my new outfit? Pretty hot, huh?" I knew this wasn't TAS Harley I was watching.
Yea, too bad Sorkin's voice is not the same as it was. I remember she sounded old already in AA so I guess they had to get someone else for Harley. Sucks that we may never hear the original VA for Harley again.

So I'm still torn on the riddler stuff. I'm a sucker for completion but some of these riddles I just don't want to deal with. Like there's one over by the steel mill, where there are two pressure plates on the side of two different walls, that are over water. The third is on the roof. I don't even know how to begin when it comes to those.

Then there's another with like 8 riddler question marks behind a fence.

Urgh.

hamchan

RoninChaos said:
So I'm still torn on the riddler stuff. I'm a sucker for completion but some of these riddles I just don't want to deal with. Like there's one over by the steel mill, where there are two pressure plates on the side of two different walls, that are over water. The third is on the roof. I don't even know how to begin when it comes to those.

Then there's another with like 8 riddler question marks behind a fence.

Urgh.

Stand on pressure plate on roof. Glide to 2nd pressure plate on wall. Push off wall and glide to last pressure plate.

6 riddler mark one? Explosive gel on bottom 3. Go to roof, quick batarang top 3 then explode bottom 3.

RPGCrazied

RPGCrazied said:
Thanks for all the help with the trophies guys, I have a couple more.

Looks like a big garage. You step on the plate it opens and slowly closes. You have 3 questions marks inside. I'm sure the remote batarang is what you use? Still though it doesn't stay open hardly long enough. A little platform on the ocean with four plates and fence around them.

I only have 251/440 too. :(

Anyone?

RPGCrazied

I hope this game has more DLC, besides new skins and maps. How about another side mission or 2? I did the
Hush one last night, was epic.

.GqueB.

Banned
neorej said:

's wife

I use the Dark Knight soundtrack for the most part. Whenever Im doing a stealth area I play last laugh. For those who dont know, thats the song that plays when batman infiltrates the construction site toward the end of the movie. Its glorious.

And Im sure many of you are unaware so I'll mention it. The infamous soundtrack works really well for this game. Such an underrated score.

RPGCrazied

That's how AA did it too. Damaging the suit as the story went on. Though I thought the suit was suppose to be resistant to any kind of damage. How can get it get slices and rips?

LiK

RPGCrazied said:
That's how AA did it too. Damaging the suit as the story went on. Though I thought the suit was suppose to be resistant to any kind of damage. How can get it get slices and rips?
Batman also gets a 5 o'clock shadow just like in first game. Love the details.

Enjoying the game more on my new game plus playthrough, and I enjoyed it a lot the first time through. It's a really great game. Plus I managed to finally meet
Hush
, who I never even heard of until playing this. Great character, and his story arc was interesting to playthrough. Like I mentioned many pages back, he's another character that wasn't in the game long enough. Along with Catwoman and
Robin.

overcast

RPGCrazied said:
Hmm.. IDK. It looks really cool though lol.

SykoTech

Solo said:

:(

AA was the perfect length too.

So, no spoilers or anything, but what's the general opinion on the boss fights. Meh like the original? A lot better? Worse (don't know if that's possible)?

Lakitu

st5fu
Question about side-quests after completing the main game. Will they randomly appear even though you've completed the main story? Because I've noticed a trend where
quests appear after you do a story mission.

Also,
who plans to visit Calendar Man on Halloween? :)

SykoTech said:

So, no spoilers or anything, but what's the general opinion on the boss fights. Meh like the original? A lot better? Worse (don't know if that's possible)?

A lot better imo.

LiK

SykoTech said:

100x better. Aside from Poison Ivy, all the other boss fights in AA were just Titan fights or variants. AC actually has real fights with the main villains.

Top Bottom