• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

cackhyena

They aren't infinite, though, right? Like if i already get the guy for that area, I'm not gonna see someone similar later, right? I swear it feels like I've taken down a million of them and they keep popping up.

LiK

cackhyena said:
They aren't infinite, though, right? Like if i already get the guy for that area, I'm not gonna see someone similar later, right? I swear it feels like I've taken down a million of them and they keep popping up.

they will keep popping up until no more Riddles exist on the map.

Xater

I am super disappointed by all the DLC, by that I mean Robin and Nightwing. While it looks like they did their best to implement them and make them cool, I would rather have story content with them. Just playing around with them in challenge room is significantly less exciting. Making Robin or Nightwing episodic content would have been so awesome...

.GqueB.

Banned
Solo said:
I had a similar weird glitch when I got the grapnel upgrade. The "press X and then hold X after hitting R1" instruction was stuck on my screen for like 2 hours.
Howd you turn it off? It takes up so much real estate. The
mad hatter
fight was damn near impossible because of it.
Xater said:
I am super disappointed by all the DLC, by that I mean Robin and Nightwing. While it looks like they did their best to implement them and make them cool, I would rather have story content with them. Just playing around with them in challenge room is significantly less exciting. Making Robin or Nightwing episodic content would have been so awesome...
I kind of thought they would show us what Robin was doing in Gotham when Batman told him to fuck off. Seems like a given.

bubnbob

Banned
RPGCrazied said:
Some of these trophies make my brain hurt. How in the hell did you guys get 440/440 so fast?

Do it a section at a time. Beat up all the informants. Save Wonder Tower for last. Do an epic dive bomb in victory.

LiK

Xater said:

i see it happening judging from Conroy's comments. I hope so.

RPGCrazied

Finding them is the easy part. Doing some of them.. I'm like whut?

The one I'm on now is,
In the ocean is a platform with 4 green pressure plates. Its surrounded by a fence. Just how are you suppose to get on those without touching the ground?

Solo

RPGCrazied said:
The one I'm on now is,
In the ocean is a platform with 4 green pressure plates. Its surrounded by a fence. Just how are you suppose to get on those without touching the ground?

Land on the first one. Use grapnel boost to glide out of there. Turn around while gliding and land on the next plate. Rinse and repeat twice more.

Doomrider

RPGCrazied said:
Thanks. I'm at 251, long way to go. :p
It'll be faster than you think!

cackhyena said:
Maybe most will think this is the dumbest/smallest of wishes, but I keep wanting the cape to completely drape around his body like in the comics and animated series. At least give me the Ezio shrug to make it happen after I'm idle for a few seconds. I just don't think it's very Batman like to always have the cape sitting on his shoulders like Superman. He's supposed to be shrouded and looking spectre-like. Wish that was in.
Know that I wish for the same. It doesn't look bad as it is, but what you described is some of the most classic imagery when it comes to Batman, so... Yeah, I want it too.

cackhyena

Maybe most will think this is the dumbest/smallest of wishes, but I keep wanting the cape to completely drape around his body like in the comics and animated series. At least give me the Ezio shrug to make it happen after I'm idle for a few seconds. I just don't think it's very Batman like to always have the cape sitting on his shoulders like Superman. He's supposed to be shrouded and looking spectre-like. Wish that was in.

Is
Hush
a popular character in the Batverse? I don't think I'd heard of him until I finished the
Identity Theft
missions.

The concept of his character is great, and I gotta admit, when I finally got to his hiding place, I was quite creeped out.

Doomrider

The English Conquistador said:
Is
Hush
a popular character in the Batverse? I don't think I'd heard of him until I finished the
Identity Theft
missions.

The concept of his character is great, and I gotta admit, when I finally got to his hiding place, I was quite creeped out.

I swear, his
tape recording was ripped straight out of Steinman's audio diaries, from Bioshock. Instantly reminded me of him.
I say this as a positive thing, mind you.

Yen

Pressure plates, how do they work? Seriously, I don't understand. It seems like I'd have to stand on four consecutively.

RPGCrazied

LiK said:
trophies required

spoilered for people who wanna be surprised

Thanks. I might just stop there. There isn't a trophy/achievement to get all 440 is there? I just see the hostage ones.

Solo

Yenrot said:
Pressure plates, how do they work? Seriously, I don't understand. It seems like I'd have to stand on four consecutively.

You can't touch any ground between them. So you have to grappel, glide, line launch, whatever between them.

Its quite easy actually.

Doomrider

Yenrot said:

Use the line launcher. Stand on one of the pads, use the line launcher to get to the next one and so on. Touch the ground before getting to the next and you have to start over. You cannot step on the red ones. Also, there are a couple of them that you have to dive bomb into. That's it.

Edit: Beaten

Doomrider said:
I swear, his
tape recording was ripped straight out of Steinman's audio diaries, from Bioshock. Instantly reminded me of him.
I say this as a positive thing, mind you.

Aha, same here. Tbh though, I think audiodiaries will always be associated with Bioshock, even if it wasn't the first to do them. :)

Doomrider

Aha, same here. Tbh though, I think audiodiaries will always be associated with Bioshock, even if it wasn't the first to do them. :)
I was more referring to the contents of the recording, actually, but I suppose it helps I associate Bioshock with lots of audiodiaries, yes =P

Gotta say, one thing I'm not so hot on is Nolan North seemingly voicing every other character in the game. Okay, that's an exagerration, but it's not too far off. :/
Yeah, the fact that his voice is so easily recognizable kinda takes me out of the game every now and then. It should be a minor thing, really, but it actually bothers me.

Xater

Is
Hush
Identity Theft
missions.

I guess not many people know of him because he is a relatively new Batman villain. He first appeared in 2003 in the Batman: Hush storyline.

Luigi87

Gotta say, one thing I'm not so hot on is Nolan North seemingly voicing every other character in the game. Okay, that's an exagerration, but it's not too far off. :/

For me, I particularly heard Steven Jay Blum a lot in the game (specifically using the voice he used with the character Jamie in the show Megas XLR).

Carbonox

I swear the political prisoner sidequest is completely random. I fly around everywhere and still can't find the one or two incidents I need to finish the entire thing. So ridiculous.

Also need to find all the Riddler rooms. I've only done the first one.

What's the deal with the Catwoman segments? I had the first 2 early on in the game, but I'm near the end of the game as Batman and I still haven't played as her again. As Batman do I need to go to where Catwoman "ends up" at the end of her second chapter?

cackhyena

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I swear the political prisoner sidequest is completely random. I fly around everywhere and still can't find the one or two incidents I need to finish the entire thing. So ridiculous.

Shouldn't that be how it works? If it's a thing where the guy is about to get his ass beat by some thug on the fly, it doesn't make sense to have it be a designated spot on your map.

Carbonox

Valkyr Junkie said:
What's the deal with the Catwoman segments? I had the first 2 early on in the game, but I'm near the end of the game as Batman and I still haven't played as her again. As Batman do I need to go to where Catwoman "ends up" at the end of her second chapter?

Where abouts are you as Batman? Who have you fought so far? Spoiler tag for those who have yet to get to where you are. I've finished the game so I'm fine.

cackhyena said:
Shouldn't that be how it works? If it's a thing where the guy is about to get his ass beat by some thug on the fly, it doesn't make sense to have it be a designated spot on your map.

I don't mean for it to be designated on your map (though it is when it's in process, going by the first few I saved, as they appeared on my map) but for it to occur in specific spots that you have to seek out. I've been flying around for ages trying to see if anyone is getting attacked and it just isn't happening.

LiK

Carbonox_Ratchet said:

Yea, pretty random. I didn't get the last few much later post-game.

cackhyena

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
I don't mean for it to be designated on your map (though it is when it's in process, going by the first few I saved, as they appeared on my map) but for it to occur in specific spots that you have to seek out. I've been flying around for ages trying to see if anyone is getting attacked and it just isn't happening.

Yeah, specific spots would be a good plan.

Carbonox

Prophet Steve said:
How do you do the Identity Theft sidemissions? I only found one body but have done almost everything now.

This was a massive pain. Search every alley on the left half of Arkham City. That's what I did and came across the final ones. There are even alleys in the middle of buildings (courtyards I guess? :lol) so look on your map and just mark an alley each time as a destination.

LiK

Prophet Steve said:
How do you do the Identity Theft sidemissions? I only found one body but have done almost everything now.
You have to find the victims on your own. I used a guide.

Xater

Prophet Steve said:

You have to find more bodies. There will be hint as to where they are.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Where abouts are you as Batman? Who have you fought so far? Spoiler tag for those who have yet to get to where you are. I've finished the game so I'm fine.

Beat Freeze and recovered Nora. I'm about to return to the steel mill. The first 2 segments were almost back to back, and its been quite a while since then now.

Carbonox

Valkyr Junkie said:
Beat Freeze and recovered Nora. I'm about to return to the steel mill. The first 2 segments were almost back to back, and its been quite a while since then now.

Yeah, the next one is after you finish the
steel mill

Top Bottom