• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Solo said:
How do you get to
Nora
?

That Warehouse you tried to enter, the one where they asked you for the password? See if you can find another way into the building... by sea.

Carbonox

Edit: Beaten, haha.

Here's something someone could answer for me: How do you access that switch in the room where you find
Calendar Man
?

Mr. Sam

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
Edit: Beaten, haha.

Here's something someone could answer for me: How do you access that switch in the room where you find
Calendar Man
?

There's an electric current upstairs. Throw a remote control batarang through that, then guide it downstairs and to the switch. It won't
free Calendar Man
, but it will let you access a Riddler trophy.

Carbonox

Mr. Sam said:
There's an electric current upstairs. Throw a remote control batarang through that, then guide it downstairs and to the switch. It won't
free Calendar Man
, but it will let you access a Riddler trophy.

Ah, thanks. I'll leave it then as I am not collecting those trophies atm.

Doomrider said:
Yeah, the fact that his voice is so easily recognizable kinda takes me out of the game every now and then. It should be a minor thing, really, but it actually bothers me.

Absolutely, he's a great voice actor, but too recognizable more often than not. Though, if it was Steve Blum who was in the game as much as Nolan North, I think I'd refund the game lol. :/

Xater said:
I guess not many people know of him because he is a relatively new Batman villain. He first appeared in 2003 in the Batman: Hush storyline.

Ah, that would explain why then. That's cool though, I hope he's in the next game more prominently. He's a creepy, but interesting character.

Luigi87 said:
For me, I particularly heard Steven Jay Blum a lot in the game (specifically using the voice he used with the character Jamie in the show Megas XLR).

Oh gawd, yes! I remember when the Catwoman gameplay was being first show some months back, and one of the first voices I heard was Steve Blum. -_- Luckily, I haven't played the Catwoman stuff, due to the fact that I no longer have xbox live. I did hear him though as one of the one armed boss' I think? Either way, I know who I'd rather have out of Nolan North and Steve Blum, as tedious as Nolans voice can be.

Steve Blums voice drives me nuts. -_-

DatBreh

Banned
Man i liked playing as Catwoman but sometimes her climb move does not work at all. It really pissed me off during the last fight. Sometimes you can be looking directly at a gargoyle and it wont give you the prompt to climb to it and other times you can reach it from across the room. That got me killed more than i should.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For those who missed it.

Arkham City: Episodic Content Will Expand Story

It has been revealed that Rocksteady Studios Arkham City will be supported by story based DLC after the games release.

The voice of Batman Kevin Conroy has spilled the beans about ongoing DLC for Arkham City during an interview with ComicBooked.com. The voice actor as well as confirmed that there will be ongoing story based DLC after the main game goes to retail.

“The gaming now is a big, new thing. The thing about Arkham City is that it’s going to be an ongoing game. You’re going to be able to download future episodes of it, so it’s going to be going on for quite a while. I’ve been recording it for a while. So that will continue.”

No official news has been announced, but stay tuned for possible San Diego Comicon news on the subject. I would like to see mision based DLC instead of heavy story based content for the title as I am still one gamer who is reluctant to spend money on a product I have already paid for. Either way expect to see The bat fighting off even more slippery DLC villains sometime after the games release in October.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!!!!!

I really tore through the game last night. Played for hours. Ended up getting all of the Riddler trophies and challenges, and destroying all the breakable objects.
Took down the Riddler, and got all of Catwoman's loot.
I just need to get all of the Catwoman trophies and then I'll move on to the challenge rooms and New Game +.

This game is great. My original plan was to play it to death and trade it in for Uncharted, but I don't think I can do it. I want to hold on to this one, especially with DLC on the way.

Just finished the game, I'm doing some of the ending side missions now and I have to say this is better than AA. The focused feel of the first was nice and AC is very overwhelming at first but once it settles in it's a blast.

+The combat is fantastic, fluid animations and can be as varied as you want it to be.

+Boss battles are improved ten fold. They are all unique and has the theme of the villain your fighting instead of fighting a variation of the same person repeatedly like in AA. My favorite was the
Freeze
fight.

+Great soundtrack, I still need to find the theme that played during the room in the museum.

-Should have gradually opened the world up instead of having nearly all activities available from the start.

Doomrider

upJTboogie said:
+Great soundtrack, I still need to find the theme that played during the room in the museum.
This cannot be stated enough times. The OST was a real surprise for me. So many amazing tracks.

Is this the one you wanted?

Sickle dude is really grinding my gears.

Guess I should just enact my Titan guy strategy of knockin him out da club ASAP and then go for err body else.

Doomrider

Buckethead said:
Sickle dude is really grinding my gears.

Guess I should just enact my Titan guy strategy of knockin him out da club ASAP and then go for err body else.
Using the REC on him can provide some funny moments, assuming he's surrounded by lots of other goons. I usually beat him down (Batman's animation is lightning fast, which helps) and whenever he's about to attack, I just vault over him, and continue the beatdown. It's fun. You could also try freezing him, or something.

Doomrider said:
Using the REC on him can provide some funny moments, assuming he's surrounded by lots of other goons. I usually beat him down (Batman's animation is lightning fast, which helps) and whenever he's about to attack, I just vault over him, and continue the beatdown. It's fun. You could also try freezing him, or something.
Good tips thanks.

That's the only map I've been having trouble on (as of now).

GQman2121

Banned
Wait a minute....you need to be a member of Xbox Live just to download offline or single player DLC? I thought Live was to play online?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I was actually surprised how good the OST was. I found AA's totally forgettable, but AC was really memorable to me. Reminded me a lot of TDK's soundtrack in places.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Trin3785 said:
got a xbox code for batman beyond skin, first to quote gets it *and ill pm it this time ;)*

oh

Edit: Awesome! Thanks a lot man.

Really REALLY impressed by how good the writing is... its intense how much effort Rocksteady has put into this story... and how well directed it is!

Thus far into this gen, I need to say its probably wipeing the floor with about 95% of all the games out there on the market.

Oh and the gameplay is super neato :D

Buckethead said:
Hmmm...

I'll just let this post be.

Personal opinion... also I edited my post kind of. But it does appeal to me.

Its not a novel or a deep avantgarde movie, but for videogames, it holds to the top imo.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
God damn, I'm rank 15 on the Prison Riot (Extreme) map on my first shot...got 148,000. Is there any like shock and awe in AC? I'm still missing 4, but this is the "last" one, and was surprisingly easy to get 3 stars on, let alone getting over triple the amount I needed.

Combat is still fun as hell of course, but I remember it being a lot harder to meet the points in AA. Predator challenges should be good though, haven't done them yet but they had a lot of variation before, and AC had more enemy types that weren't used much in campaign(
looking at you signal jammer guy, who was in one room!
)

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I really dug the story on the whole. No one's gonna argue its high art, but as far as Batman art goes, it's pretty lovable IMO.

overcast

Sn4ke_911 said:
For those who missed it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!!!!!!!!
Fantastic. What I was hoping for.

How many of you guys are picking up Nightwing? Are there achievements coming with him?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I really dug the story on the whole. No one's gonna argue its high art, but as far as Batman art goes, it's pretty lovable IMO.

I feel the same way, I kept having this feeling like I was playing a 2 part episode of Batman TAS. I think the game has the feeling of the show to it and that also made me really enjoy the game and story. Though I did feel that AA had a better cohesive story, I thought this game was great and the sense of being batman was greater. Can't wait for Nightwing pack, is there any other playable characters other than him and robin coming in DLC?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
overcast said:
Fantastic. What I was hoping for.

How many of you guys are picking up Nightwing? Are there achievements coming with him?
I am. I love Nightwing.

Trophies are already in the game for Nightwing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Is the catwoman dlc worth it, or should I just save my money for the batman skins? Does anyone know how many hours the catwoman dlc adds?

SoulPlaya said:
Is the catwoman dlc worth it, or should I just save my money for the batman skins? Does anyone know how many hours the catwoman dlc adds?

Well... the campaign content seems about maybe an hour or 2 depending on how fast you work your way through each part, but there are catwoman specific trophies to collect too which will likely add a few hours. I thought the content was decent personally... There is a familiarity to catwoman's moves, but also she feels unique.

Doomrider said:
I didn't know it was possible to use US DLC on a non-US game, even if it is with a US account. My bad!
Me neither until The force unleashed 2, I bought a "maul Killer" skin from ebay and it needed a US account since it was US only. So i made one, the DLC gets locked to my console and hey presto it worked.

thetrin

SoulPlaya said:
It's not BAD, but it's not worth paying money for. I was happy to play it as a little aside, but I personally would not have paid money to play as her. Personally, I would save my money and get the Nightwing DLC when it comes out.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
SketchTheArtist said:
Do you know if and when they'll release for the general public all the skins and the Robin DLC?

They will most likely charge for it, cuz people will pay for it.... but you never know!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
thetrin said:
It's not BAD, but it's not worth paying money for. I was happy to play it as a little aside, but I personally would not have paid money to play as her. Personally, I would save my money and get the Nightwing DLC when it comes out.

Nope. Catwoman gives you the missions and combat rooms, Nightwing is only the combat challenges.

Catwoman is definitely a better value, and it adds a lot to the story.

Amir0x

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
Nope. Catwoman gives you the missions and combat rooms, Nightwing is only the combat challenges.

Catwoman is definitely a better value, and it adds a lot to the story.

I thought Nightwing had a story mode in the game?

I love the way Catwoman controls and wish there was more of her gameplay parts in the game. Even the way she got around the city was fucking fun to me.

Top Bottom