• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Grisby

SoulPlaya said:
Is the catwoman dlc worth it, or should I just save my money for the batman skins? Does anyone know how many hours the catwoman dlc adds?
Worth it because you can mess around in the city with her as opposed to Robin/Nightwing DLC. Probably adds about an hour and a half or so.

I've had a ton of fun with her. She feels so much more different then the batman.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Amir0x said:
I thought Nightwing had a story mode in the game?

I love the way Catwoman controls and wish there was more of her gameplay parts in the game. Even the way she got around the city was fucking fun to me.

Nah, Nightwing adds two(?) Freeflow combat maps? Maybe one is a combat map and one is a predator map, I don't know for sure. And he can be used in any of the other maps as well, but can't be used in story mode.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Damn, 3 starred all the combat challenges already. Funhouse Brawl Extreme was pretty fun, the only that that took me more than one try was Survival of the Fittest Extreme. Freeflow Focus made these all crazy easy to get a giant combo and string together a bunch of ground takedowns.

Mr. Sam said:
There's a lot more of that sort of thing in New Game+ with the new enemy configurations.

That's good, seemed like a waste.

Amir0x

Banned
LAUGHTREY said:
Nah, Nightwing adds two(?) Freeflow combat maps? Maybe one is a combat map and one is a predator map, I don't know for sure. And he can be used in any of the other maps as well, but can't be used in story mode.

lame. i hope it only costs 200ms points

Fuck that ending, why carry Joker and make a martyr out of him but leave Talia behind.

Also, I never got the fourth Catwoman Mission, I only got the suitcase choice (third) mission and then played through till the end

Just finished this and kind of feel unfulfilled, which is strange considering how much fun I was having up until not realizing the endgame was approaching. Still, best game I've played in a long time

Nemesis_

Does anyone know if there are Jammer enemies in the post game world? One of the Riddle challenges involves them but I'm scared I have missed it =/

abundant

Nemesis556 said:
Does anyone know if there are Jammer enemies in the post game world? One of the Riddle challenges involves them but I'm scared I have missed it =/
Yes, they're still in the game after you beat it. Try the Subway areas.

Raxus

Vire said:
Yay, just beat all the challenge maps.

Now to do all the campaigns... @_@
The Campaign with Top of the World extreme will make you break things. Not in a good way either.

The rest really aren't so bad. I am great at combat challenges so I breezed past 90% of them with the twin titan challenge being the only one that gave me trouble.

Vire

Raxus said:
The Campaign with Top of the World extreme will make you break things. Not in a good way either.

The rest really aren't so bad. I am great at combat challenges so I breezed past 90% of them with the twin titan challenge being the only one that gave me trouble.
Yeah same, I have zero problem with the combat challenges so I think I'll put on the negative modifiers during those. It's those darn predator challenges that give me so much trouble hah!

Much harder than AA's predator rooms.

JJBro One

Don't mean to be a beggar but does anyone have any spare animated series skins? I don't want to pay 10 bucks for one on eBay and with uncharted, skyrim, TOR, SuperMario 3d land, and Mario kart coming out I don't know of I'll have time or interest to do a new game plus when the skins are available for download.

Amir0x

Banned
kodecraft said:
Like a certain spider......man.

yeah! Catwoman was just really amazing. I hope in the next Batman game she has a lot more central role.

hayejin said:
Where is
Freeze's stolen tech?

I entered the steel mall but the icon is blinking on a space you can't get to.

In that big room where you first fight the armless guy, there is a door in the right side of the room from where you enter. You can open the door, then once inside the new room hack a console and you'll know what to do from there.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Raxus said:

I'm slowly working my way through the campaigns I have 3 left, both have top of the world. Top of the world extreme is hard enough to 3 star, let alone with any modifiers. Really have to do the two before it with 3 and 2 negative modifiers.

I'd love a whole Catwoman game if she played like she does in this, but yeah, I wouldn't want the whole BITCH!!!! YOU BITCH!!! DIE BITCH!!!!! stuff going on 24/7 like it is in this game.

Doomrider said:
Using the REC on him can provide some funny moments, assuming he's surrounded by lots of other goons. I usually beat him down (Batman's animation is lightning fast, which helps) and whenever he's about to attack, I just vault over him, and continue the beatdown. It's fun. You could also try freezing him, or something.
Thanks again.

Freeze was immensely helpful.

Done with all of the Combat Challenges. Only 2 more Predator Extremes. >_>

Amir0x

Banned
badcrumble said:
I'd love a whole Catwoman game if she played like she does in this, but yeah, I wouldn't want the whole BITCH!!!! YOU BITCH!!! DIE BITCH!!!!! stuff going on 24/7 like it is in this game.

If a Catwoman game came out, presumably they'd have a lot better variety of voice samples. Although in a place like Arkham City with thugs and criminals, I imagine the phrase "cunt" and "bitch" would be thrown around an awful lot. Too bad "cunt" would make it rated M :p

Also, did anyone else lol at that short conversation by the thugs

"Did you hear about Harley Quinn?"
"What, that she's really a dude?"

Just beat it. I don't know if I want to go back and do all the riddler stuff. Hrm.

The bs with the catwoman dlc and the bullshit dlc has really not sat well with me. Enjoyable game but I can't place my finger on why I'm underwhelmed. It's still goty for me but I truly feel like the narative didn't match with the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Amir0x said:
If a Catwoman game came out, presumably they'd have a lot better variety of voice samples. Although in a place like Arkham City with thugs and criminals, I imagine the phrase "cunt" and "bitch" would be thrown around an awful lot. Too bad "cunt" would make it rated M :p

Also, did anyone else lol at that short conversation by the thugs

"Did you hear about Harley Quinn?"
"What, that she's really a dude?"

I think the main thing is that they dont have similar curses for the batman cause most would turn up the rating (which would be fine by me. Batman's rogues gallery works better when they can be more violent and disturbing). I mean they do call him bastard.

Also I'd agree this game does a really good job with story and pacing while juggling so many characters. The thug conversations were the surprise highlight. Much better than in AA.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
LeonSKennedy90 said:
BITCH BITCH IMPLIED RAPE YOU BITCHBITCH

Paul Dini, everybody
Right, because psychopaths and hardened criminals known how to treat a woman with respect.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Amir0x said:
yeah! Catwoman was just really amazing. I hope in the next Batman game she has a lot more central role.

Ick, I seriously hope not. I hope she's replaced by Robin, Nightwing, and hopefully Black Bat. I found Catwoman totally unfun to play in this game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
thetrin said:
Ick, I seriously hope not. I hope she's replaced by Robin, Nightwing, and hopefully Black Bat. I found Catwoman totally unfun to play in this game.

Yes I too hope she is replaced by people who would have much more overlap with batman and thus be even more boring.

Oh and to that guy who said he was having issues with double counters and still getting hit, I see what he's talking about. I had no issue with the combat in aa and the combat in ac is even easier but there have been quite a few times where two guys have been about to hit me (they even have the signals above their heads) and I hit counter but batman/catwoman would only counter one and I'd get smacked in the face. Pretty fucking annoying.

Papercuts

It'd be nice if catwoman gets a bigger role, and hopefully more gadgets. For being so stealth based I don't find her very well suited for it.

RoninChaos said:
Oh and to that guy who said he was having issues with double counters and still getting hit, I see what he's talking about. I had no issue with the combat in aa and the combat in ac is even easier but there have been quite a few times where two guys have been about to hit me (they even have the signals above their heads) and I hit counter but batman/catwoman would only counter one and I'd get smacked in the face. Pretty fucking annoying.

Hit the button for as many people as you want to counter. I've been coutnering 3 people at once all day in challenge rooms and it hasn't failed me ever, so I don't think there's anything wrong/glitchy with it.. The knife guys are the ones I have troubles countering, so I just avoid them.

george_us

Just finished the game, good stuff overall. All of the new additions to the game were pretty damn cool and really added to the game imo. I do like the change to a more open world setting, as flying, swooping in, and beating dudes up was pretty cool. The story was pretty terrible since it felt like two completely different plot lines awkwardly rolled together as one. They should stuck with one plot and focused on that, as I found both of the main conflicts extremely interesting.

Luthos

I hate Catwoman's predator missions. My go-to escape with Batman is to grapple to gargoyles and whatnot. I find it SO hard to get the "green" gargoyle jump. And it's especially hard on expert, when you have a few seconds before you get killed.

Papercuts

Luthos said:
I hate Catwoman's predator missions. My go-to escape with Batman is to grapple to gargoyles and whatnot. I find it SO hard to get the "green" gargoyle jump. And it's especially hard on expert, when you have a few seconds before you get killed.

Not to mention she has no smoke for a freebie escape.

Top Bottom