• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Ephemeris said:
Still undecided between PS3 and 360 :(

Got two preorders for the ps3 version for the DLC but hmmmmm >_<

why did you get more than one preorder? you know they will release the other preorder content via dlc which will certainly cost less than the $60 you are paying for a second copy of the game.

scoobs

Calavera520 said:
why did you get more than one preorder? you know they will release the other preorder content via dlc which will certainly cost less than the $60 you are paying for a second copy of the game.
people don't think these things through

MrMephistoX

Calavera520 said:

Selling the DLC on ebay? I sold my MK codes for a profit.

OG Kush

Will watching the launch trailer spoil anything if I've only seen the first real trailer (the one with gameplay) and few city stuff. Or will it just get me more hyped?

MrMephistoX said:
Selling the DLC on ebay? I sold my MK codes for a profit.

Really, people are actually stupid enough to pay $30 or $40 per skin, knowing that they will be released (all 7 or 8) for $5 a few weeks from now?

abundant

OG Kush said:
Will watching the launch trailer spoil anything if I've only seen the first real trailer (the one with gameplay) and few city stuff. Or will it just get me more hyped?
If you haven't been following the RS updates on what villains will be in the game, then don't watch the trailer.

IronRinn

Really considering picking this up for 360 at K-Mart. I have it on pre-order for PC but...man, I'm not sure I can wait until 11/15. There's just so much coming out that week. I mean, I wasted money by double dipping on Arkham Asylum, I can do it again, right? RIGHT?

Christ, I think I have a problem...

Really considering picking this up for 360 at K-Mart. I have it on pre-order for PC but...man, I'm not sure I can wait until 11/15. There's just so much coming out that week. I mean, I wasted money by double dipping on Arkham Asylum, I can do it again, right? RIGHT?

Christ, I think I have a problem...
Yes, you do.

Ephemeris

Calavera520 said:
scoobs said:
people don't think these things through

Actually I'm not selling the DLC at all lol

Step 1: Preorder at Gamestop for Joker challenge and Batman TAS outfit.
Step 2: take a short drive down the road to best buy for BB's goodies.
Step 3: Order personal copy somewhere else / keep ether #1 or #2

After it launches, get DLC. Return items for full refund.

Or I could wait until when... December?

Only one outfit I really give a damn over anyways.

41606_223332425855_7032737_n.jpg

That's the one I want to troll Crime in and it's not even in my region.

I have the best girlfriend ever. Not only is she dressing up as Harley Quinn for Halloween just for me (she's a much bigger Superman fan than Batman fan but she knows how much I hate Supes), she's also taking me to the midnight launch of Arkham City and promising to watch me play it all until I beat it

And on a semi-unrelated note she's getting a Triforce tattoo on my birthday :D

Three cheers for having permission to prioritize saving Gotham above spending time with your significant other!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
yeah the "deinsentives" to try to get you to buy the game brand new don't really work for me like 99% of the time.

I can still just gamefly the game, pay for catwoman, nightwing, robin, and even if the skins for Batman are all 10 dollars each I'm still net positive instead of buying it.

Has anyone figured out what performance differences (if any) between the 360 and PS3 versions? I have both, but PS3 is more convenient at the moment.

LProtag

FantasticMrFoxdie said:
Call those bastards up. Or pick up a copy on day one and return your Amazon copy. :D

Well the 10 dollars is nice because there's no K-Mart around me for their 30 dollar deal. I doubt calling them would remedy the situation. Did everyone's Amazon orders ship already? I always preorder games too close to the release date, haha.

GazzaScotland said:
Really don't know where to pre-order this from (UK by the way). What's everyone suggestion on the best option?

I ordered from Shopto, they guarantee release day delivery. Although I've never used them before, so fingers crossed. I'm not really fussed about the Neal Adams Batman skin, I'm really rather prefer the Frank Miller one, but I'm not paying for the special edition just to get it.

GazzaScotland said:
Really don't know where to pre-order this from (UK by the way). What's everyone suggestion on the best option?

If you don't care about the dlc get it on thehut with the dark knight and batman begins blurays as a freebie.

LProtag

Well they bumped me up to 1 day shipping but I still have an estimate of Thursday. Oh well.

I must learn patience.

Noriega said:
You didn't choose release day shipping?

Wasn't offered. Must have missed it. Usually they still have it around now though.

DrBo42

InsertNameHere said:
Well the 10 dollars is nice because there's no K-Mart around me for their 30 dollar deal. I doubt calling them would remedy the situation. Did everyone's Amazon orders ship already? I always preorder games too close to the release date, haha.

If you chose release date shipping you should get it Tuesday. And no, orders will not ship until Monday.

Edit: Wow, people are on it today. Beaten badly.

Massive Nights said:
I ordered from Shopto, they guarantee release day delivery. Although I've never used them before, so fingers crossed. I'm not really fussed about the Neal Adams Batman skin, I'm really rather prefer the Frank Miller one, but I'm not paying for the special edition just to get it.

You'll be fine getting it from ShopTo on the day, more than likely the Thursday. Just trying to work what pre-order DLC I want the most.

Is anyone intending on buying a console version, and then buying a steam download code for the game in preparation for the PC release?

I've just seen a code for £18 on ebay. Tempted to enter a bid. :/

On another note, I'm sure it's already been stated but, I really can't stand all of this DLC/Exclusive content shit that's going on. Especially with the fact that this has probably the most amount of incentives/deals/whatever in gaming right now.

Can't do anything about it I guess, but I thought I'd chime my thoughts anyways.

I'm about two hours in and while it's great, the game might be too open world for me. I think I preferred the smaller setting of the original more.

Solo

DoctorWho said:
I'm about two hours in and while it's great, the game might be too open world for me. I think I preferred the smaller setting of the original more.

You're probably just going through the initial "jesus fuck its too big" open world game feeling that I ALWAYS get with an open-world game when I start playing. Once you learn the geography and whatnot, these games always get a lot smaller.

I expect to have a similar feeling as you straight away, but it will dissapate after a few hours.

Quick

Banned
What the...some of you already have the game?!

I just pre-ordered mine today at my local EB Games. There's a midnight launch for it there, so I'll probably swing by and get it next week.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
DoctorWho said:

I guess I could just read some reviews to find out but I'll ask you anyway. Is the game still kind of Metroid-y in that you gain powers and those powers allow you access to new areas?

GrayFoxPL

GT review was pretty good.

I'm not that big on Batman but they said you should get it regardless of interest in the source material. Intriguing.

Top Bottom