• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

DrBo42

spidye said:
ok, this is really frustating. my batman earth one skin code worked just fine but the catwoman code still gives me an error.
is it because I got the game 2 days earlier than the official release date here in germany/austria
Jealous. That skin is probably the best.

Nose Master

Maybe I should check out the bell tower. Maybe I should check out the bell tower. Maybe I should check out the bell tower.

Fuck yourself, Batman! I know!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Square Triangle said:
The Beyond skin would be so much better if he didn't have the mouth.

and have a cartoon-ish look like the TAS skins.

zlatko

Banned
zlatko said:
I just saw the launch trailer and was super impressed. Very well done, BUT when Penguin talks in it it automatically showed how poor the lip syncing can be. Up to that point in the trailer the close ups with faces moving and what is being said is on point, but Penguin and after is some super shitty syncing.

Someone in here mentioned it's an Unreal Engine issue. Is that really the case?

Also, I know I asked before, but I don't think an answer came, but what happened with that PC version contest ? I'll be nabbing the game either tomorrow or the day after, and could hold off if there was a possibility I'd win the PC version. :p

Anyone ?

DrBo42

Square Triangle said:
The Beyond skin would be so much better if he didn't have the mouth.
Doesn't the comic version have the mouth? Ah yes, here it is:

batman_beyond-1.jpg

there is known issue with catwoman dlc's for some people and rocksteady is aware of this. some reports that they don't even have the card and the code. i think rocksteady is going to update soon.

http://twitter.com/#!/arkhamcitynews/statuses/126407818927542272

"@arkhamcitynews
Batman: Arkham City
We are aware that some people did not receive the Catwoman code in their game.You will get to play as the sexy thief,stay tuned for update"

TheExodu5 said:
Heh, I kind of wish I bought it on console just so I could get the Futureshop Steelbook:

originalfh.jpg
Why woild they have Batman all vulnarable, busted lip and beat down looking like that? Is he crying? They could have gone with a better cover for the steelbook than that.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
macfoshizzle said:
there is known issue with catwoman dlc's for some people and rocksteady is aware of this. some reports that they don't even have the card and the code. i think rocksteady is going to update soon.

"@arkhamcitynews
We are aware that some people did not receive the Catwoman code in their game.You will get to play as the sexy thief,stay tuned for update"
that's 6 hours ago.

spidye

macfoshizzle said:

"@arkhamcitynews
ridiculous.
stay tuned? screw you wb/ rocksteady

DrBo42

Dark Octave said:
Why woild they have Batman all vulnarable, busted lip and beat down looking like that? Is he crying? They could have gone with a better cover for the steelbook than that.
I think it reflects more of a "fighting for his life" vibe than crying and vulnerable. That art is awesome.

Sn4ke_911

spidye said:
ridiculous.
stay tuned? screw you wb/ rocksteady

Well problems can happen.

At least they respond when something is wrong, not like Crytek they doesn't give a shit.

Nose Master said:
Maybe I should check out the bell tower. Maybe I should check out the bell tower. Maybe I should check out the bell tower.

Fuck yourself, Batman! I know!
Yeah that's the only annoying thing when I feel like exploring or I'm trying to solve a puzzle he will constantly say the same thing over and over again, non-stop.

Dyno

I played the the first few hours last night with a friend. We played on Hard which was quite unforgiving but a worthy challenge.

The start of the game was amazing and quite brutal. Also there seems to be a lot of goon-bashing combat. More so than Arkham Asylum. Getting around Arkham City was quite fun and Catwoman's ass is some serious future-gen shit.

Looks like Rocksteady made big improvements across the board on this one. It's got the quality like Infamous but with a darker atmosphere.

DrBo42

Lord_Byron28 said:
Yeah that's the only annoying thing when I feel like exploring or I'm trying to solve a puzzle he will constantly say the same thing over and over again, non-stop.
I have never had this happen. I disabled hints when selecting new game, maybe that's tied to it?

Dyno said:
It's got the quality like Infamous but with a darker atmosphere.
The game shits all over Infamous 1/2 and I loved Infamous 1. I'm sorry.

Asked this earlier, but do the random thugs throughout the streets respawn?

I cleaned out the part near Joker's headquarters, but when I came back 10 minutes later from another side of the map it was still empty. Just wait it out or should I pace myself with random encounters.

DrBo42

Epyon MX said:
Asked this earlier, but do the random thugs throughout the streets respawn?

I cleaned out the part near Joker's headquarters, but when I came back 10 minutes later from another side of the map it was still empty. Just wait it out or should I pace myself with random encounters.
Specific events don't exactly reoccur but a large group of thugs you dispatch will be replaced with goons under a different villain's banner somewhere else it seems. Not 100% sure if this is continuous or a set number.

spidye said:
I would like to play the game properly on day one. is this really too much to ask?
The world isn't perfect. Business isn't perfect and mistakes are made. Someone is in deep trouble somewhere and the company is responding and acting quickly. I'll never understand the "you owe me the world yesterday" attitude. This isn't the first or last time a consumer product wasn't exactly perfect.

Dark Octave said:
The world isn't perfect. Business isn't perfect and mistakes are made. Someone is in deep trouble somewhere and the company is responding and acting quickly. I'll never understand the "you owe me the world yesterday" attitude. This isn't the first or last time a consumer product wasn't exactly perfect.
We buy a game full priced and because Warner Bros. doesn't seem to trust his customers we are stuck with content we cannot play. I know there is a attitude for a lot of things, especially on NeoGAF, but I do have to agree with that this really terrible from Warner Bros.

Interfectum

Dark Octave said:

I'll never understand defending mega-corporations for idiotic blunders such as this. Especially since this specific incident could have been avoided if not for their greed.

Arkham City has more content.

Arkham Asylum is the better game (better and a longer storyline, better villains, better dialogue).

Sidequests in Arkham City are also disappointing. Very simple and boring (in GTA you would ignore them). Destroy that, follow this ..it's always the same. And: they are short. The quests itself can be completed in 1-2 minutes. The overall quests last longer but they consist of the same (1-2 minute-) missions again and again.

Arkham city is a very good game. I liked it....but Arkham Asylum was the better experience imo.

LProtag

Huh, I've been seriously slowing down my main quest progress and working on sidequests/finding riddles because I thought I was going to blow through the game.

Turns out I'm only 56% done with the main quest according to the statistics. I thought things were starting to hit a fever pitch too.

Sn4ke_911

The perfect Dark said:
Arkham City has more content.

Arkham Asylum is the better game (better and a longer storyline, better villains, better dialogue).

Sidequests in Arkham City are also disappointing. Very simple and boring (in GTA you would ignore them). Destroy that, follow this ..it's always the same. And: they are short. The quests itself can be completed in 1-2 minutes. The overall quests last longer but they consist of the same (1-2 minute-) missions again and again.

Arkham city is a very good game. I liked it....but Arkham Asylum was the better experience imo.

wtf?

I mean i haven't played it yet but im sure many will disagree with you.

benzy

Square Triangle said:
I honestly do not remember that, I'm going to have to watch the series again. I thought his mouth was covered.

You can see his teeth when he speaks with the mask on. :p When his mouth is closed it looks like he has an underbite with a protruding lower jaw.

180e787b4869983761fe3dd5e644d48e.jpg

500full.jpg

spidye

Dark Octave said:
sorry, I can't accept this. business was made last gen too and we never had to face such bs.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can I create a spoiler thread for the game, please?

Spoilers don't need to be spoiler tagged in those, right?

Sn4ke_911

BY2K said:
Can I create a spoiler thread for the game, please?

Spoilers don't need to be spoiler tagged in those, right?

Please do it!

Top Bottom