• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

hamchan said:
I think Batman doesn't know Jason Todd is alive yet, since this is set pre-Hush.
Ah, I didn't know this was set at a specific point within the series canon instead of sort of being in its own universe like TAS.

hamchan

badcrumble said:
Ah, I didn't know this was set at a specific point within the series canon instead of sort of being in its own universe like TAS.
Hmm, actually I don't know if this is set in a separate universe or not. They've never said anything about it think.

anyone else having difficulties activating the big green question marks? I have found 3 so far and made everything line up properly then activated the detective mode...or am I doing it wrong?

quickwhips

lbcyalater said:
anyone else having difficulties activating the big green question marks? I have found 3 so far and made everything line up properly then activated the detective mode...or am I doing it wrong?

i glided over one and snapped a left bumper while gliding over it at the right angle.

quickwhips said:
i glided over one and snapped a left bumper while gliding over it at the right angle.
that was one of the ones I found and I tried gliding over as well...I dunno if I am doing it wrong or my game is jacked

I bought 2 GTX560 ti's so I got 2 codes for the batman arkham city game on steam.
Before I put it on ebay I figured I might as well post here.

Who wants to buy it?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
darkjedi187 said:
Wow I fee like an idiot

Had that same issue. Kept looking around the environment to see where the trophy was stashed after getting ball to the end. Had NO IDEA the trophy is in ball itself.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
cackhyena said:
The question marks that hide behind a fence when I hit a pressure plate are baffling me. Maybe I need an upgrade?

Need to think about using a certain gadget to use ;)

Brandon F

spidye said:
how is the frame rate for you guys? I am noticing some framdrops while gliding (ps3)

Pretty damn smooth on 360. I've been going for the 250km glide trophy scaling the entire city with my upgraded zipline for infinite floating. Never have noticed a hitch from the 30fps(?). I imagine it will be a nice 60 on PC.

vg260

For anyone with the 360 version installed on their HD:

Does the disc continue to spin a looooong time after the game starts?

This is the first time I've seen this happen.

lucius

2&2 said:

Yeah out of all my games installed I think this is the only one that cranks up the loudest for maybe a minute or when it reaches a certain point in the game and stops spinning.

Does anyone know where I can find videogame box-art for sale? I have the collector's edition, but I don't want to keep the disc in the art book. I'd like to just put it in a regular Xbox360 case.

kaskade

I'm trying to get used to the combat again. When I was trying to beat the challenge rooms in the original I was a damn ninja. Now I'm back at square one. I did some random flip somehow and threw down explosive gel. I still don't know how to detonate it lol.

i put in over 6 hours in and only at 5%.

sometime i just like to sit on a ledge above city and look like a fucking bad ass with batman's crowl foreshadowing the moonlight.

Marco1

2&2 said:

Yes, I think it's a by product of the new discs with more space.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
AEREC said:
I posted a while back but this happens to me sometimes too. Im not sure what it is but Tomb Raider Underworld does this as well sometimes.

Happened to me as well. It stopped when I uninstalled the game.

See, Im not going to worry about any of the Riddler's stuff until after I beat the atory and do all the side missions. That way by then, i should have all the needed upgrades to get everything.

Same approach I did with AA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I can say what to try, if you want. There's nothing in the game that "teaches you" that this thing would work. Figured out by just trying out various things on riddles that are impossible by just using batarangs.

Grisby

spidye said:
how is the frame rate for you guys? I am noticing some framdrops while gliding (ps3)
It can get a little dicey outside (360 here). Kinda disappointing since AA was so smooth. Inside places though its usually pretty good.

cackhyena

Nah, that's cool. Only so many to subtract, right? I'll figure it out. Thanks, though. I didn't spend more than a minute on the ones stumping me. So much other stuff to do. I'd just mark it and move on.

LosDaddie

Banned
So what am I missing out on if I pick-up the game today, and (obviously) didn't pre-order? A batman skin? I think I can deal with not having the TAS Batman skin, if I can find a NOS can with the Batman Beyond skin code.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to use my Uncharted 3 pre-order and just get Batman instead.

For New Game + can you swap out your Batman skin how you want? Or are you locked into your skin choice that you make at the very beginning of the game.

Also, in NG+, can you pick Robin?

Brandon F

Epyon MX said:
For New Game + can you swap out your Batman skin how you want? Or are you locked into your skin choice that you make at the very beginning of the game.

Also, in NG+, can you pick Robin?
I hear ng+ let's you switch batman. Robin is only for combat challenges.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
kaskade said:
I'm trying to get used to the combat again. When I was trying to beat the challenge rooms in the original I was a damn ninja. Now I'm back at square one. I did some random flip somehow and threw down explosive gel. I still don't know how to detonate it lol.
Yea, I dunno if they changed the controls or what, but I accidentally use the explosive gel all the time. One time, on the level 4 of a challenge room, I went through most of the entire thing just using explosive gel shit without getting hit and I got disoriented as fuck. :lol

how do you do the continuous glide? i've seen in videos batman glides and then uses batclaw to pull himself towards a ledge but just before landing on it he uses it as a boost to keep gliding. how do u do that? (ps3)

vg260

Marco1 said:
Yes, I think it's a by product of the new discs with more space.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thought maybe I had a bad disc initially. Still spins more than I'd like it to. Don't trust 360 disc drives. Have barely heard my disc drive that much in a long time.

bigboss370 said:
how do you do the continuous glide? i've seen in videos batman glides and then uses batclaw to pull himself towards a ledge but just before landing on it he uses it as a boost to keep gliding. how do u do that? (ps3)
You can unlock it by doing the first 4 AR challenges.

kaskade said:
LT + X to plant and detonate. 360 version.

backflip10019 said:
You can unlock it by doing the first 4 AR challenges.

I practiced for like 10 minutes and I only got it to work like three times. I don't know if I'm just terrible at the game but pulling off this move seems unnecessarily difficult.

CyReN

I'm getting to the part of Batman looking for the cure at Ra's al Ghul and Joker is trying to kill me with his goons, I understand he's crazy but I'm sure he would like to live to continue his crazy antics, so why attack Batman with is goons?

About the story.

Anabuhabkuss said:
Same.

I didn't get the hang of it until I stopped story mode for a bit and did the first challenge combat map over a few times. That will brush your skills pretty quick.

How in the name of christ are people getting scores of like 65,000 on the first challenge map? First time I did it I got 7,000 and that was with mostly perfects on each round, although the perfects hardly made a difference since they're only 500 bonus points per round.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
cpp_is_king said:
I practiced for like 10 minutes and I only got it to work like three times. I don't know if I'm just terrible at the game but pulling off this move seems unnecessarily difficult.
It's actually really easy. I couldn't figure it out at first, but it's poorly explained.

You're probably doing it at the height of the jump, which you're not supposed to do (it's also what I thought you had to do when I first got the grapnel boost). You do X, X (HOLD) while you're zip lining up. It then speeds your zip, and you get launched. Holding X brings up your glide, and you fly.

It's really easy, they just do a piss poor job of explaining it.

cpp_is_king said:
You have to be a certain distance away from where you're batclawing. Then you can just tap A twice (hold the second time) and it usually works.

Top Bottom