• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman vs Superman: World's Finest Three-Year Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally a bit of a reach by Cinema Blend but Jena Malone (Hunger Games) as Carrie Kelley/Robin? More Jena Malone isn't a bad thing I feel but doubt this myself but it's an interesting thought.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-V-Superman-Might-Give-Us-Female-Robin-Here-Evidence-67626.html

nope nope nope nope. dick grayson or bust.

and, hopefully he only took design inspiration from TDKR. like i know snyder loves frank miller but do we really need to shit on superman already when he's only had one movie as an introduction.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Naturally a bit of a reach by Cinema Blend but Jena Malone (Hunger Games) as Carrie Kelley/Robin? More Jena Malone isn't a bad thing I feel but doubt this myself but it's an interesting thought.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Batman-V-Superman-Might-Give-Us-Female-Robin-Here-Evidence-67626.html

if they're basing this off of her having red hair, assuming she's in the movie at all, couldn't she be Barbara?

I'd have to imagine if they're going to have a Robin, they're going to use Dick or Tim, with maybe an allusion to a dead Jason.

Did Bruce end up adopting everyone? I know Dick did in a legal sense but Tim said thanks but no thanks because he was still mourning his biological father. Is his dad still dead in the nu52?

ryan299

If you guys don't want to watch the clips, El Mayimbe, take it with a grain of salt, said that Chris Terrio just turned in a draft of JL.

It is said that at the end of BvS the villain for JL will be set up and that villain is
Brainiac. The set up for him coming to Earth is the beacon that Supes set off on Earth, that attracted Zod also was heard by Brainiac.

Make it happen

tumblr_n3paz2N56W1txezlvo6_500.gif

Raptor

If you guys don't want to watch the clips, El Mayimbe, take it with a grain of salt, said that Chris Terrio just turned in a draft of JL.

It is said that at the end of BvS the villain for JL will be set up and that villain is
Brainiac. The set up for him coming to Earth is the beacon that Supes set off on Earth, that attracted Zod also was heard by Brainiac.

Sounds plausible.

Did Bruce end up adopting everyone? I know Dick did in a legal sense but Tim said thanks but no thanks because he was still mourning his biological father. Is his dad still dead in the nu52?

You know im not sure, New52 really shit on Tim though.

I know in pre New52 he even said he was going to adopt Cass as well but then he "died"
And it wasn't referenced for the short time she appeared before New52 wiped her out.

DeathyBoy

Banned
You know im not sure, New52 really shit on Tim though.

I know in pre New52 he even said he was going to adopt Cass as well but then he "died"
And it wasn't referenced for the short time she appeared before New52 wiped her out.

Tim's parents are in witness protection and his name isn't Tim Drake.

I'm guessing Bruce has adopted him. But Tim stole from Lex Luthor and (used to) use one of his penthouses as his living quarters. Then The Titans used Danny The Street as a homebase for the team.

Tim's parents are in witness protection and his name isn't Tim Drake.

I'm guessing Bruce has adopted him. But Tim stole from Lex Luthor and (used to) use one of his penthouses as his living quarters. Then The Titans used Danny The Street as a homebase for the team.

Hmmm, I was hoping you were joking, prayed you were kidding, but I know enough to know better. I looked it up. Oh man, oh god oh boy. what are they doing with my favorite characters?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Hmmm, I was hoping you were joking, prayed you were kidding, but I know enough to know better. I looked it up. Oh man, oh god oh boy. what are they doing with my favorite characters?

Teen Titans was actually pretty good for a while. Then got bad. And is picking up slightly. Not as good as the Johns stuff, but still.

It's too bad they have to keep turning black characters into white ones. Why not just make a new character?

when J'Onn J'Onnz came to Earth he took on the identity of John Jones a police detective from Colorado(also white) he's also a shape-shifter so it doesn't matter.
I assume you are referring to the J'Onn from Smallville?

yeah he adopted Tim after a while. pre Nu-52.

DeathyBoy

Banned
when J'Onn J'Onnz came to Earth he took on the identity of John Jones a police detective from Colorado(also white) he's also a shape-shifter so it doesn't matter.
I assume you are referring to the J'Onn from Smallville?

Pre-52 J'onn had dozens of identities. In the 52 comic he was a white guy for six months. He's even been a cat. He's like Mystique, just poses as whatever's best for the situation at hand. Which makes it colour-blind casting - you can cast anyone as J'onn, and have him shapeshift a good five or six times per film.

yeah he adopted Tim after a while. pre Nu-52.

I always loved the paradoxical idea of the loner Batman forming a family for himself, pre-Dan Didio editorial days.

Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Alfred. Then came Damian Wayne and Jason Todd came back, and much later on maybe Carrie Kelley and Terry McGinnis would come into Bruce's life.

Plenty of books were Batman could be the loner. We could have our cake and eat it too. I wonder how good are the Batbooks now, anyone have an opinion?

karasu

It's always strange how they portray Batman as a loner. He's had more sidekicks then anybody. Boys, girls, old men.

Vice

I always loved the paradoxical idea of the loner Batman forming a family for himself, pre-Dan Didio editorial days.

Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown, Alfred. Then came Damian Wayne and Jason Todd came back, and much later on maybe Carrie Kelley and Terry McGinnis would come into Bruce's life.

Plenty of books were Batman could be the loner. We could have our cake and eat it too. I wonder how good are the Batbooks now, anyone have an opinion?

A lot of them are good. Batman, Batgirl,Grayson, B&Robin, Eternal and Batwoman are all good different takes on the current Batfamily.

DeathyBoy

Banned
It's always strange how they portray Batman as a loner. He's had more sidekicks then anybody. Boys, girls, old men.

I think Bruce Wayne/Batman is portrayed as someone who fears getting close to people because he doesn't want to lose them, but at the same time knows those people are stopping him from becoming a monster. Not that he's a bad man, but the whole point of Robin is to remind him there's good in the world. Alfred and Bruce are these two men broken by tragedy, but they keep raising these lost teenagers and making them into people who aren't defined by tragedy.

The best thing the New 52 has done, IMO, is make Jason Todd a genuinely heroic character again. Sure he does morally ambiguous stuff, but all the scenes with him and Bruce/Alfred/Tim are beyond perfection - the idea that they'll never give up on him, no matter what. Same with Damien Wayne. I hope the film explores that, that Bruce Wayne died in the alley, but the second he teamed up with Robin Bruce Wayne was born again.

karasu

I think Bruce Wayne/Batman is portrayed as someone who fears getting close to people because he doesn't want to lose them, but at the same time knows those people are stopping him from becoming a monster. Not that he's a bad man, but the whole point of Robin is to remind him there's good in the world. Alfred and Bruce are these two men broken by tragedy, but they keep raising these lost teenagers and making them into people who aren't defined by tragedy.

The best thing the New 52 has done, IMO, is make Jason Todd a genuinely heroic character again. Sure he does morally ambiguous stuff, but all the scenes with him and Bruce/Alfred/Tim are beyond perfection - the idea that they'll never give up on him, no matter what. Same with Damien Wayne. I hope the film explores that, that Bruce Wayne died in the alley, but the second he teamed up with Robin Bruce Wayne was born again.

Well put.

Batman proper is god tier. Detective started crap and got better, having occasional moments of greatness. Dark Knight was meh, Batgirl was too grimdark (this new arc starting at 35 is good so far), Batman and... Is great, Nightwing was meh. Avoid event tie ins like the plague.

IconGrist

Unknown at this point. They may just throw up that Comic Con 14 teaser clip to a big holiday movie. I wouldn't expect a real trailer until at least next year's Comic Con. Think they're done filming around that time.

I watched that teaser again just a few minutes ago. So good. Hypes me up every time.

Oh man am I not a fan of that, can't even stand the new costume.

Whaaa? I love the more lighthearted tone of it all. Gail Simone is such a great writer, but her arc was nothing but month after month of torturing Babs. Hated every issue (especially the event tie ins). This arc should be kinda nuts
imposter Batgirl? ghost in the machine?
so I'm excited.

And the new costume is fantastic. I love the diy look. Plus, no boob cups! But to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom