• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Rainy Dog said:
I think the PS3 version looks smashing. Miles nicer on your own set-up than those dodgy screens a few pages back suggest. There's some tearing, mostly noticeable on the first, open part of the map. But I recall the first BFBC2 beta having worse tearing than the final game, so hopefully they optimise it out as much as possible for the retail release of this as well.

General IQ is good to great by todays console game standards. There's some shimmering and alaising here and there, but I'll take that that plus the sharper IQ that MLAA affords. The tiny black borders aren't noticeable when playing and are a non-issue.

Framerate is perfectly fine, neither here nor there from BFBC2. General art direction and details make it look much nicer than BFBC2 though. Smoke, explosions and general effects are improved tenfold. Gun and character models are far superior, and DICE have finally learned how to do usable iron sights :p Ok, BFBC2 Vietnam and MOH had those in order anyway. Audio is incredible as expected and raises the bar once again.

Gunplay feels weightier than BFBC2, there's now a sense of feedback and connection when your shots hit. Really liking that. I'd say that it feels closer to MOH single player than anything else, which is is good thing in my opinion. I felt Danger Close got that spot on. The animation and general feel is fantastic. Even just going in and out of prone is so well done. Very, very polished stuff.

Spotting doesn't feel as pronounced as BFBC2. The orange triangles aren't half as big and easy to blindly fire at and score random kills. And it does seem that they disappear when the player is out of direct view. Good. Anyone know what the bleep sound means when you press select but don't actually spot someone?

Still not sure about the map itself. Been on the winning team 3 times in 4 matches as an attacker, but I think that's just down the defending teams not knowing where to watch and cover in the underground station area.

Good stuff overall, and pleased how it's turned out.
Awesome to hear. What region are you in that you were able to get it already?

Smokey said:
Can check when I get home from work :(

I'll say a mic is needed in this game. It's really too much to stop in the action, press k, type, then pick up again. Stuff is intense. That can be costly.
I bought a headset a week ago and have been pimping it at Canada/PC thread! Buy headset, people!!

Dr Prob

Banned
Ok. Done obsessing over this code.

Just pulled that "I'm going to check one more time!" move, and of course there was one new piece of mail. Some spam.

Fuck it. Going to play some BC2 and use my imagination.

Emily Chu

Banned
thanks to alba for the beta code

will test on
PHII x4 955
8800GT

Framerate pretty decent in the alpha @ 1080p even o_O

M1S9r.gif

Spl1nter

Foliorum Viridum said:
Looks like the keys are pretty much taken now so I've accepted I'm waiting til Wednesday.

Someone please post in the BF3 PC Community thread about server hosts. I want to know how they are etc. :) I've got more money ready to donate if they're decent!

lol relax man. Based on the complete anecdotal evidence of me and my friend no one has received a key yet in Canada. I should get both the origin pre-order key and MOH LE key.

Smokey

shagg_187 said:
I bought a headset a week ago and have been pimping it at Canada/PC thread! Buy headset, people!!

Can't wait for GAF action.

When you guys get in send a FR to dboythagr9. Supposed to be thagr8, but in my excitement during the Alpha I pressed the wrong damn key when registering...

Spl1nter said:
lol relax man. Based on the complete anecdotal evidence of me and my friend no one has received a key yet in Canada. I should get both the origin pre-order key and MOH LE key.
I just meant I'm not going to be sat here refreshing the thread for the key and anyone who got one in the exploit has got rid of it :p

Jibbed

Anyone know how I can update my laptop's AMD drivers to 11.7+? I'm on 11.5 at the moment and it won't let me install the latest drivers from the site because they're 'incompatible'.... :|

sk3tch

I can't launch any games from the Battlelog. Says my browser isn't supported (Chrome) - but I use IE and I get the same message and can't launch any games. :-/

TheExodu5

Banned
Spl1nter said:

I'm in Canada. No key yet, either.

I'm so glad I took the day off work. =\
I'm sick.

Hideo Kuze

Neo Member
Oh, and one more thing. If anyone does happen to have a spare 360 beta key laying around by any chance I would glady take it off your hands and it would be tremendously appreciated.

Z_Y

shagg_187 said:
Really?

1000+ posts and no good info? Good God. You will get an email with a code. You do not need MOH disc.
I said outside of this thread... every page has 10 gifs that bring my mobile browser to a crawl.

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy morning and answering me.

Bollocks

So I have the MoH LE PS3 Edition, I never payed attention to the early access thing but since there's nothing worth to play atm, I figured why not check it out, is there something I need to do to get the code? Or is it too late to gain access?

I figured that the key would be sent via email but my inbox is empty, common or too little too late?

sk3tch said:
I can't launch any games from the Battlelog. Says my browser isn't supported (Chrome) - but I use IE and I get the same message and can't launch any games. :-/
And this is why it shouldn't be browser based. If it requires Origin, it should use Origin's browser!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
sk3tch said:

hahhahaha hold the fuck up... Chrome not supported?!

TheExodu5 said:
I'm in Canada. No key yet, either.

I'm so glad I took the day off work. =\
I'm sick.

Canada here too and no key to speak off, i guess they might be going by regions closest to end of business day. so USA/Canada will be the last. Sound logic...

Smokey

sk3tch said:

Did you DL the browser plug-in update? It should prompt you in the lower left hand corner. I used Chrome last night and in the Alpha, no issues.

alba

Little is the new Big
Emily Chu said:
thanks to alba for the beta code

will test on
PHII x4 955
8800GT

Framerate pretty decent in the alpha @ 1080p even o_O

M1S9r.gif

Ohh, I'm on Q6600 & 8800GT will be nice to compare :D (going to play at 1680x1050)

I just played one match on 360.

The sound is amazing, better than BC2.

The graphics... It looks ok I guess. The framerate is solid, and the tearing isn't nearly as bad as it was in that PS3 stream last night.

Top Bottom