• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

th3dude

I won't be home for another 8 hours so I don't mind the wait...

But seriously, EA? You want to push your Origin service, but you can't even handle Beta distribution with it? You still have to e-mail keys? You know that I preordered BF3 because I did it through Origin. Simply add the beta to my account and be done with it.

/rant

Oozinator

Banned
This "early access" thing is fucking FIASCO! First, early access for 48 hours only is NOT real early access, and I still didn't get my key for MOH 360 so it's even less than 48 hours of "early access", why the hell did these morons decide to start sending the keys at the last minute ?!!

sn1pes said:

But seriously, EA? You want to push your Origin service, but you can't even handle Beta distribution with it? You still have to e-mail keys? You know that I preordered BF3 because I did it through Origin. Simply add the beta to my account and be done with it.

/rant

Honestly for people that preordered via Origin it should have been as easy as flipping a switch to make it appear, they are incompetent.

panda21

anyone know if it works with the 360 controller on PC?

(note I am not asking what is your opinion on playing with a 360 controller on the PC)

alba

Little is the new Big
Hey Corky, you still looking for a key? I just received my origin one and since we're both not getting in the Diablo 3 Beta, figured I'd get you in this one if you're up for it ;D

goodfella

alba said:
Hey Corky, you still looking for a key? I just received my origin one and since we're both not getting in the Diablo 3 Beta, figured I'd get you in this one if you're up for it ;D

Hey, so err...

If he is not interested...

heh...

PLEASE!

sk3tch said:
You can right click and grab the key prior to the download completing. Then you can stop the download and delete the game (if you don't want MoH installed). You just need to have installed (or started to install) MoH once via Steam in order to see the key.

Awesome thanks for that, I have my steam key for it. Will be back later with origin key if it shows its face in my inbox...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
alba said:

Wow, thank you very much mate but another sweet gaffer already helped me out, so spread that love to someone who needs it ;)

Will keep you in mind for thinking of me :D

Emily Chu

Banned
Corky said:
Wow, thank you very much mate but another sweet gaffer already helped me out, so spread that love to someone who needs it ;)

Will keep you in mind for thinking of me :D

PLEASEEEE!!!! pretty please ? PM ?

6SjzT.gif

Woo-Fu

Banned
They're throwing Origin under the bus with this key delay for people who pre-ordered on Origin. "Anywhere but Origin" will become a mantra.

Kibbles

Ugh why does all the good stuff happen while I'm gone. :( Hopefully someone who got a extra key off the reddit trick or whatever is uploading it so we can use it on usb sticks.

Oozinator said:
This "early access" thing is fucking FIASCO! First, early access for 48 hours only is NOT real early access, and I still didn't get my key for MOH 360 so it's even less than 48 hours of "early access", why the hell did these morons decide to start sending the keys at the last minute ?!!

Yeah, that totally gets me as well. It looks like the 48 hour period has already begun and I did not get my key yet. So, I actually did not get what I paid for. Usually, I would not care about a few hours, but in this case, it's just so god damn infuriating. Why did they get themselves into this position? They could not send them one or two days ago? Really? Like, did they just generate a database two hours ago?

I hope they are drowning in complains right now. They absolutely deserve it.

derFeef

Woo-Fu said:
They're throwing Origin under the bus with this key delay for people who pre-ordered on Origin. "Anywhere but Origin" will become a mantra.
Battlefield will only be on Origin... but the Beta is Steam exclusive!

Where is my pre-order key, dammit

TheExodu5

Banned
Dinosaur Tamer said:
Yeah, that totally gets me as well. It looks like the 48 hour period has already begun and I did not get my key yet. So, I actually did not get what I paid for. Usually, I would not care about a few hours, but in this case, it's just so god damn infuriating. Why did they get themselves into this position? They could not send them one or two days ago? Really? Like, did they just generate a database two hours ago?

I hope they are drowning in complains right now. They absolutely deserve it.

It's infuriating for me because I basically paid $10 more to have this early 2 day access.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I seriously can't help but lol at how much we're all complaining. This thread takes the cake for "first world problems."

Bazhard

Banned
Oozinator said:
Agree completely and since we are being real.. can we stop calling it beta? it's not a fucking beta the game comes out in less then a month this is nothing but a glorified demo, to make people feel special, there is 0 "beta testing" going on in this demo.

MrOogieBoogie said:
I seriously can't help but lol at how much we're all complaining. This thread takes the cake for "first world problems."
We aren't allowed to get pissed because some starving children in africa are dying? i got 99 problems and africa aint one.

Z_Y

I hate to be that guy but I'm on my phone and navigating this gif heavy thread is not working out for me.

I have MoH on 360...how do I get in on the beta today? Am I waiting on an email? Do I put the disc in and get prompted. Sorry for the lame ass question but I'm at work right now and I can't find any good info on how to get the beta.

fin

sn1pes said:

/rant

Qft! Still no codes here. Preordered on origin and own MoH. To bad I never got it on steam...
This is total incompetence, if I did such a shitty job like this I'd be fired.

Z_Y said:
I hate to be that guy but I'm on my phone and navigating this gif heavy thread is not working out for me.

I have MoH on 360...how do I get in on the beta today? Am I waiting on an email? Do I put the disc in and get prompted. Sorry for the lame ass question but I'm at work right now and I can't find any good info on how to get the beta.
Really?

1000+ posts and no good info? Good God. You will get an email with a code. You do not need MOH disc.

Top Bottom