• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Dina said:
I'm not liking the outside lens flare at all. Seeing as I play a lot of Anti-Air, there are matches and sides (like Kharg, US side) where I'm looking at a giant lens flare for 80% of the match.

That kind of seems to be the point, especially given how stupidly effective AA options are. Gotta be some downside.

jambo

Dina said:
I'm not liking the outside lens flare at all. Seeing as I play a lot of Anti-Air, there are matches and sides (like Kharg, US side) where I'm looking at a giant lens flare for 80% of the match.

VISCERAL!

wwm0nkey

Holy Shit! Guys play the Co-Op mission Hit and Run. That mission alone beats the entire Campaign, kind of feels like Rainbow Six as well which is a plus.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Another problem I got with singleplayer: I dislike the fact that I can't judge if it's safe to peak my head up where my teammate is. I mean, he's standing there going guns blazing but as soon as I peak my head up, boom 10000000 bullets hits me. And my buddy is perfectly fine.

LordCanti

Spoo said:
Almost all of my issues with being kicked came from not having the latest Punkbuster. I believe it's a known issue.

Download the latest and see if it goes away.

"Battlefield 3 - Server Update
Oct 27 2011 01:41:55 by Killing
DICE have just released a server update which addresses:

Crashes
Player slot issues with map rotation
PB issues
Invalid Player kick problems
We will be testing this update and will roll it out if we're happy it doesn't cause any significant issues.
In the mean time we've rolled out a PB update to all servers which should reduce player kicks for missing files. In order to pickup this change, first stop your server and then start it (don't use the restart option as this may not install this update correctly)."

I don't know if it's a punkbuster issue, a server issue, or some combination of the two. The bottom line is that some servers will auto-kick people for having missing files, while giving the message "You have been kicked by an administrator" (or something along those lines). There's currently nothing we can do about it (I've done the "stop the server, and then start it" steps, no luck).

This is incredibly frustrating. Since we can't turn punkbuster off (thanks DICE/EA!) we can't fix it ourselves.

Until further notice, the community server is down.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Oh wow. TDM I think is going to be a regular thing for me now. While it doesn't really provide all that much in the way of points, it's a damn good place to unlock your weapon parts. I just got the few kills I needed to get the laser sight on the SCAR and just shorted getting the laser for the AK-74u and only because I jumped in late in the match.

Good thing the update started, cause I probably wouldn't have slept otherwise. :p

outsida

En-ou said:
414X2Z0A7TL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

using this, works amazing with the jets and choppers.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Extreme-Joystick-Silver-Black/dp/B00009OY9U
How are you using this ingame? I have one and BF3 doesn't even recognize it.

Arment

doomed1 said:
Oh wow. TDM I think is going to be a regular thing for me now. While it doesn't really provide all that much in the way of points, it's a damn good place to unlock your weapon parts. I just got the few kills I needed to get the laser sight on the SCAR and just shorted getting the laser for the AK-74u and only because I jumped in late in the match.

Good thing the update started, cause I probably wouldn't have slept otherwise. :p

That's what I've been doing the past few days, nothing but 64 man TDM. It's fast for unlocks but I get bored of it easily.

outsida said:
How are you using this ingame? I have one and BF3 doesn't even recognize it.

I'm curious as well. I was going to buy a Joystick but everywhere I read said that they don't work with BF3 at all.

Raide

While I do love Day 1 fun, I am usually glad I wait a while for things to settle down a bit. EA/DICE usually have pretty poor servers on Day 1 and it takes a few patches for them to work out the issues.

scoobs

I am going batshit insane over the disappearing crosshairs... HOW is this an issue? The crosshairs like one of the most important things to get right in a shooter and yet mine disappears every 20 seconds for no reason

2 hours on support with 3 different people about my internal server error issue on battlelog

2 HOURS.

Last agent says "it's not on our end, it's your ISP", even though my brother across from me can get in just fine. Tried my friends account on my computer, NO PROBLEM. Reinstall, killed cookies and cache, NOT LOCAL, NOT MY ISP.

Those stupid idiots at EA trying to pass off their problems on someone else. I hate EA so much.

I haven't been revived once. I only die a couple times per match, but you'd think with all the assault classes that are running around, ONE OF THEM would have the intelligence to revive a teammate so we don't lose those tickets in rush !

Arment

Raide said:
While I do love Day 1 fun, I am usually glad I wait a while for things to settle down a bit. EA/DICE usually have pretty poor servers on Day 1 and it takes a few patches for them to work out the issues.

Honestly I've been playing for 3 days and I've experienced little to no problems. A few servers had rubber-band lag on opening night. I've had a few client crashes but those stopped when I updated to the new nvidia driver.

So far this launch has been pretty smooth. Almost 18 hours played.

Holy shit at the amount of camping going on on this game-and not just my enemies. I'll join a conquest game where the enemy has all 3 flags and everyone on my team is just camped up and not moving. Not going for objectives or anything. It sucks playing solo.

zlatko

Banned
I got misty eyed just now when I got a headshot from 2 bases away in Rush. It was the oil rig map and I was at the top of the oil rig. I got to the very top and found a sniper laying there and I knifed him. Took his sniper, and was doing work on the bases right in front a good ways off, then it swapped to the next set. Super far, and I had to aim up to try and get a shot to curve down to hit.

I only got 2 kills during that last sequence, but got plenty of hits, and spots as well as supressions. But the glory of all glory shots made me just turn to jelly at the awesomeness of barely seeing someone across a map, calculating how far up it needs to be, it's a tiny area so it's a 1 in a million shot, and it turns into a head shot.

Sooooooo gooooooood.

wwm0nkey

MDavis360 said:
Holy shit at the amount of camping going on on this game-and not just my enemies. I'll join a conquest game where the enemy has all 3 flags and everyone on my team is just camped up and not moving. Not going for objectives or anything. It sucks playing solo.
Play TDM until you have people to play with or else you will get pissed.

bishoptl said:
I shot a guy in the buttocks, then was immediately kicked. This is me

5tilR.jpg

at my keyboard. Goddamn, it's hard enough trying to find MP time when you've got other responsibilities.

Anyways, I applied to the GAF West platoon. Somebody let me in or hoora or whatever it is you do, please.
To everyone that has been getting kicked from our serer (or any other) aftter 1 minute or 2:

I just updated my client-side Punkbuster and it worked for me. I did not get kicked for any reason and could stay in the server as long as i desired.

-Go here to update your PB Manually, takes about 3 minutes
-Follow instruction on the page and you should be golden.
-DO NOT use your old version of pbSetup, as it will not have BF3 added as a Game, go get the new version from the link above.
-Also make sure your BF3 Alpha/Beta files are all deleted (My Documents, and in the EA Games Folder)

ss-2011-10-27_03.37.11qj8o.png

Dina

Ysiadmihi said:
That kind of seems to be the point, especially given how stupidly effective AA options are. Gotta be some downside.

But it's not a constant. Iraqi side Kharg looks away from the sun and has no problems. I kinda disagree with AA being too strong, now that everyone has flares, most stinger missiles just miss and you have to lead your shots pretty strong with the main AA gun.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Damn! VOIP is very choppy for me and my squadmates for some reason. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Playing on PS3.

Reviews are pretty much on 80s-90s. Kinda expected but the game is being marked down for the SP, which I haven't played yet. Kinda strange though, some people like the SP and/or the Co-op and some are pretty against it.

MP is where it's at, but there are still bugs. I'm liking it and overall is an improvement to their last BF game, but the game needs a patch or two for bugs.

Anyone know how the sales are for the game? I know some countries don't have it yet, but early numbers should be good, I think.

What are some of the big bugs people have been encountering?

Seems like the game has BC2 problems...which are people-related.

Too many snipers, people not helping out, no one giving ammo/med packs and no one playing for the objective. Yeesh! Had a round of Rush last night with two friends, we all scored 7,000 and up but the rest of the "team" didn't even try to help out. We managed to get to the third set of MCOMS on Kharg before we lost.

Can't believe how friggin' stupid some people are - or they just don't give a damn. Either way, they should piss off.

spk

Updated Battlelog mods

http://www.coderah.com/?p=486

Added overall support for retail release of Battlelog. (BF3)
Auto Join now queries for player count and compares it to the max players, creating less join requests also gets around the newly added too many requests error.

Auto Join now works with retail release of Battlelog. (BF3)

Removed Password Bypass, it is no longer implementable.

Removed Show All Game Mode Filters, it is no longer required since retail release.

Removed Show Game On Load, it appears DICE has implemented their own setting for this.

DrBo42

I'm having a lot of trouble picking people out from some of the environments. The whole thing is so daunting to learn/get used to.

zlatko

Banned
I can't find the BF3 alpha at all to uninstall, but it shows up in Origin. It's not in games, documents, EA folder, etc. I want to get rid of it, but does anyone know how I can find it? I try to type in BF3 alpha and the likes into search command on computer to find it, but it only links to something I can't uninstall or delete.

Edit: Well figured out punk buster at least.

spk

zlatko said:
I can't find the BF3 alpha at all to uninstall, but it shows up in Origin. It's not in games, documents, EA folder, etc. I want to get rid of it, but does anyone know how I can find it? I try to type in BF3 alpha and the likes into search command on computer to find it, but it only links to something I can't uninstall or delete.

Edit: Well figured out punk buster at least.

locate C:\ProgramData\installedgames.xml

edit the following line to hidden="1"
<Game gameID="71171" lastPlayed="1317935514" hidden="0" favorite="0"/>

Symphonic

Still getting the god damn login server error about 9/10 times.

If I don't play for a while, I can usually connect to the first game I try. But then if I quit that and go to another I get the login server error constantly.

Could this be a clue for what could be causing the problem?

Fuck... ever since I updated Punkbuster, I keep getting kicked from servers after 20 seconds. Are the servers not all updated or something? What the fuck.

LordCanti

BoobPhysics101 said:
Fuck... ever since I updated Punkbuster, I keep getting kicked from servers after 20 seconds. Are the servers not all updated or something? What the fuck.

Half updated, half not I'd say. Forcing the PB update brings you to a version that other servers don't like, thus the kick. The updated servers see the correct (new) version, and don't kick you. That's my theory anyway.

...Yeah, it's a clusterfuck.

This is the log output we get when a kick happens:

PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (AUTO-UPDATE FAILURE) #141: *REDACTED* (slot #4) This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.279) - Error loading pbag [764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab(-) *IP ADDRESS REDACTED*]
PunkBuster Server: Kick Command Issued (This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.279) - Error loading pbag) for (slot#4) *IP REDACTED* 764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab *REDACTED*
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #4) *IP ADDRESS REDACTED* 764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab(-) *REDACTED*

(redactions made by me)

It's clearly a PB issue. Absolutely nothing we can do about it on our end, except manually force PB to update like Cuban mentioned.

I've been running a server since launch day and when I updated it to the latest PB it would kick me when I joined even though my PB client was up to date. I don't think Even Balance and DICE are on the same page right now.

kitch9

Banned
Holy shit, I whined about starting off in air vehicles with nothing unlocked, but now I've got flares, Air to air missiles and stealth I'm WRECKING peoples shit...... 360 pad on the PC FTW.

I love this game, strafing a tank full of people to destruction with the cannon on the A10 will never get old....

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
spk said:
locate C:\ProgramData\installedgames.xml

edit the following line to hidden="1"
<Game gameID="71171" lastPlayed="1317935514" hidden="0" favorite="0"/>

Oddly enough, that got rid of the beta for me, but not the alpha.

kitch9

Banned
-ImaginaryInsider said:
What's the chances of the tactical flashlight getting nerfed or removed completely?

It doesn't need either, its only effective up close, the rest of the time you might as well have a big arrow pointing at you saying shoot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom