• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's day fucking 3. Why is the 360 online still fucked up??? "You have lost connection to the session."

Blow me, EA and DICE. Your game is shit.

My god, MW3 can't come soon enough.

BigNastyCurve said:
It's day fucking 3. Why is the 360 online still fucked up??? "You have lost connection to the session."

LOL!

Deadly Cyclone said:
so i take it i have to unlock rockets on the jets?

Yes, and while you work your arse off trying for kills with the Jets to get them you can be cannon fodder for others with Missiles to unlock other shit :D

Jets are DAMN hard to start unless you jumped on and tried to level them as soon as the game released. I haven't been playing enough :/

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
BigNastyCurve said:

just a heads up each bad company and the last two cods did the same thing for the first week at least.

doesnt make it right, but its not just bf3.

Deadly Cyclone said:
just a heads up each bad company and the last two cods did the same thing for the first week at least.

doesnt make it right, but its not just bf3.

I remember Black Ops was fucked for me for about a month, it made me not end up playing the game at all.

Keasar

There, finally completed the campaign and it was a big "Eeeeeh". There where some cool moments, like
the takeoff on the hangar ship (though the rest of the mission didnt live up to it much) or the spetznas mission in paris
. The rest was honestly kinda lame, the ending didnt really write it off well.

The Stealth Fox

bluerei said:
Anyone else getting these problems? This is the only game I have that this does it on. Rage, TF2, Deus Ex, Crysis, BFBC2, SC2, SF4AE, Alice works all fine.

Specs, gtx 460 2Win (2x460 GPUs on one card) Not in SLI mode Latest Drivers
6-core i7 980X
24gb RAM

Anyone know a fix?

1o8BU.jpg

PqRsI.jpg

Blt48.jpg

I get these visual glitches too. Report them to DICE via twitter and let them know!

Dipswitch

Fuck me, just had the SP campaign lock up my 360 again - hard reset required both times. Two nights in a row now.

Congrats DICE - BF3 is the first 360 game I've played to achieve that dubious honor. Suppose I can't blame them too much. Their EA overlords clearly mandated the game come out before MW3 no matter what, and it shows. Way to piss off your new converts guys - I won't be buying a DICE game day one again.

Arment

Jack Scofield said:
Holy shit. Three hitmarkers with a sniper rifle and the dude still doesn't go down. What the fuck.

I hate the semi auto snipers for this reason alone. Takes 4 shots sometimes. Getting to the second bolt action is a nightmare.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh man, I just had the most long drawn out "dog fight" ever. It pretty much went the entire game and the guy kept dodging all over the damn place. Me and my team mate managed to shoot him down once, but that guy was wile as fuck. He never got any kills on us, but we never killed him again either =\

When I'm flying jets it's like... a different game. I feel totally disconnected from everything below and sometimes forget about flags and shit completely. I like it, but I'm sure my team mates probably don't :p

Once I unlock those air to surface missiles though...

Ghost23

Dipswitch said:
Fuck me, just had the SP campaign lock up my 360 again - hard reset required both times. Two nights in a row now.

Congrats DICE - BF3 is the first 360 game I've played to achieve that dubious honor. Suppose I can't blame them too much. Their EA overlords clearly mandated the game come out before MW3 no matter what, and it shows. Way to piss off your new converts guys - I won't be buying a DICE game day one again.

That was the first time that's ever happened to on the 360? Heck the last time it happened to me was the last game I played, Dark Souls. It's not that uncommon.

On a side note, I wish I could unlock the stupid flares on the jets. I'm pretty much useless flying one with only a turret.

I was really thinking of playing this but HOLY SHIT this thread reads like a nightmare..

Sorry DICE I will give you a shot first of the year when I'm bored of MW3. Hope its all figured out by then.

BigNastyCurve said:

Oh yes, those CoD games with their flawless net code. :p

It's irritating I agree but it will be better soon.

Ramirez said:
I'm liking the game overall, but I'm having a real problem seeing stuff in this game, and I never had this problem in BC2. I got so frustrated earlier today on Sienne Crossing or whatever it's called, there's so many windows people can hide in, then you have people laying prone in the bushes, and stuff blowing up every where, feels bad man.

Do you run around solo? If you stay with your squad, the lone bush and window campers are not a problem.

akira28

This thing...is about to redownload the 11 GB file. It stalled on the first install and the damned Origin software would never..... It won't go above 30KB. I've been downloading for 2 days straight already. Why didn't I wait?

JB1981 said:
360 still down for me ... Damn
This shit is embarrassing. I've had the game since Saturday and have had about 5 good hours since then of solid servers.

BigNastyCurve said:

It's really shameful. I'll be trading this in for Uncharted 3 on Monday if shit's still broke.

Lasers I can sort of understand having a blinding effect since they're, y'know, lasers, and it's much harder to actually point it directly into someone's face.

Those flashlights, however. Holy shit, what a terrible idea.

This game is such a mess. I'm rubber-banding around the maps, being instantly killed after putting multiple bullets into an enemy, and the screen is such a jumbled, unclear mess. I literally can't tell if that thing over there is an enemy or a jaggy bush. It lacks clarity. Tha'st what comes with the territory of a 360, I suppose, but it's still bullshit.

Not to mention all the retarded design choices. Why allow an enemy to bail out of a disabled vehicle? I've yet to receive one kill with the Stinger even though I've disabled multiple aircraft. Unlocking weapons which are already on vehicles is also stupid as hell.

I really want to enjoy this game, but even the most basic gunplay is unpredictable. Will this guy die in one burst or will it take an entire clip? Let's find out!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sounds like your using MM. I've been using the Server Browser and maybe have ran into 5 laggy games on PS3. I simply quit those and go find another server. No issues after that.

cdyhybrid

Alright, I'll get on my knees and beg, if I have to. If you're playing on 360, for the love of fucking creation, spot the goddamn vehicles. That's all I ask for. Point at them and hit Back. That's it. I don't care if you go 0-50. Just spot SOMETHING.

hope they patch the stuttering as well. It's annoying disabling hyperthreading everytime I wanna play. I use a decent amount of programs that work well with HT.

Nizz

FatalT said:
I dunno. That guy says he has a shitty Best Buy Insignia 120hz TV.
Not like I have the best, latest tv in the world but I have a Sony Bravia LCD set. 1080p. 60hz from 2009. I have the PS3 set to 720p. I have game mode on. And the controls still feel terrible. :(

It like a combination of lag, and a big deadzone in the stick. Aiming is seriously frustrating in this game. The controls feel so similar to Killzone 2 pre-patch. I took the time to get acclimated to the controls in that but they definitely weren't favorable. But I really don't have the patience to do it all again for BF3.

I've said it a bunch of times but man, they really nailed the controls in the beta. Even though the beta was glitchy as hell, the controls were tight. But the final game's controls are bad to me.

I want to love this game, I really do. Haven't tried online yet, and I'm kind of dreading doing so with these controls.

I admit, I have been using matchmaking the last few games I played. But the server browser seems screwed up, too. I'll join a server with four bars (DICE doesn't want to intimidate us console peasants with ping, I guess) only to find out that it's located in Europe. I'm in California. What the fuck, how is that a four bar game?

CatPee

purple cobra said:
Not like I have the best, latest tv in the world but I have a Sony Bravia LCD set. 1080p. 60hz from 2009. I have the PS3 set to 720p. I have game mode on. And the controls still feel terrible. :(

It like a combination of lag, and a big deadzone in the stick. Aiming is seriously frustrating in this game. The controls feel so similar to Killzone 2 pre-patch. I took the time to get acclimated to the controls in that but they definitely weren't favorable. But I really don't have the patience to do it all again for BF3.

I've said it a bunch of times but man, they really nailed the controls in the beta. Even though the beta was glitchy as hell, the controls were tight. But the final game's controls are bad to me.

I want to love this game, I really do. Haven't tried online yet, and I'm kind of dreading doing so with these controls.

Oddly enough, switching the res to 1080p seems to have fixed the control issue for me.

Takuan

Broke down and ordered a Russian key (LE). Waiting (im)patiently for the e-mail. Hoping the game doesn't fry my hardware.

Should I update my 460GTX drivers in the meantime?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jack Scofield said:
I admit, I have been using matchmaking the last few games I played. But the server browser seems screwed up, too. I'll join a server with four bars (DICE doesn't want to intimidate us console peasants with ping, I guess) only to find out that it's located in Europe. I'm in California. What the fuck, how is that a four bar game?

Have you set the filters to US West only? It's what I did (but US East for me) and no issues after that.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Holy mother of God... Damavand Peak + 64 players + Conquest = EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST

64 players just lobbing grenades, shooting rockets, and spraying bullets down a relatively narrow corridor, as medics stay behind reviving people over and over and tanks provide cover/suppression fire. It's one of the most intense experiences I've had in any online shooter. And the best part? ZERO SLOWDOWN. How the fuck? Seriously, somebody explain to me how the fuck that's possible?

Can't believe some people are hating on this map. It's awesome!

Arment

cdyhybrid said:
Alright, I'll get on my knees and beg, if I have to. If you're playing on 360, for the love of fucking creation, spot the goddamn vehicles. That's all I ask for. Point at them and hit Back. That's it. I don't care if you go 0-50. Just spot SOMETHING.

Back is spot on the controller? No wonder you're not seeing much spotting.

MrOogieBoogie said:
Holy mother of God... Damavand Peak + 64 players + Conquest = EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST

64 players just lobbing grenades, shooting rockets, and spraying bullets down a relatively narrow corridor, as medics stay behind reviving people over and over and tanks provide cover/suppression fire. It's one of the most intense experiences I've had in any online shooter. And the best part? ZERO SLOWDOWN. How the fuck? Seriously, somebody explain to me how the fuck that's possible?

Can't believe some people are hating on this map. It's awesome!

I dunno man. On Conquest that map for me has just been people spamming rockets and nades down the 2 small alleyways, snipers camping the open tunnel and vehicles just blasting away behind smoke. Its basically 3 choke points.

Not sure if I read it here but someone mentioned using the anti-tank mines. I'm a platinum anti-tank guy in BC2 so I started placing them and destroyed 8 tanks/vehicles in one match!!! No one is even looking for them and I bet there are a bunch of new players coming from COD that don't even know what they are. I mean, I was placing them in the exact same spots and people were hitting them over and over again.

I love it, I was giggling like a school girl each time once blew up.

CatPee

dragonelite said:
Always put your console on the native ress of your tv.
Letting the tv do the upscaling is a big no no.

My TV is 1080p capable (and stuff looks WAAAAYYYY better in 1080p... even the XMB theme images) and upscales stuff really well. I did try switching back to 720p for a sec and the dead zone issue came back.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
AppleSmack said:
I dunno man. On Conquest that map for me has just been people spamming rockets and nades down the 2 small alleyways, snipers camping the open tunnel and vehicles just blasting away behind smoke. Its basically 3 choke points.

But it's such a huge adrenaline rush!

After trying a repair install earlier today my copy of BF3 in Origin will only show "Ready to Install." If you click it, it does something for a few minutes before popping up with the same button again. Really don't want to have to do the 15gb download a third time. Losing patience with this Origin bullshit.

leng jai

The constant barrage of lens flare is horrific. Its like DICE decided it was a neat visual effect and wanted to use it at every opportunity.

Rad-

BigJiantRobut said:
Lasers I can sort of understand having a blinding effect since they're, y'know, lasers, and it's much harder to actually point it directly into someone's face.

Those flashlights, however. Holy shit, what a terrible idea.

You don't have to point them into someone's face to work. Just at them. It's pretty crazy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom