• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Medkits medkits everywhere, but no goddamn ammo.

Seriously people. If you want me to shoot down aircraft, you gots to give me the missiles.

StevieP

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
So true. So ugly.

Let us take out the lens flare!

There has to be a way to disable the JJ Abrams filter!

That, and remove the stupid specks that are always all over my visor. It's ruining my enjoyment of the game. Somebody make a launcher!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
EatChildren said:

Seriously people. If you want me to shoot down aircraft, you gots to give me the missiles.
I've gotten ammo once, ever, between my time in the beta and in the final game.

Spl1nter said:
Demize doing what he does best

14dplyx.png
DAMAGE BUMP INCOMING FOR THE MP412 REX! YEAHHHHHHH

EatChildren said:

keep playing until you unlock the EXPLOSIVES+ Specialization for Engineer.

I swore i noticed at some point I had 9 RPGs. OP AS FUCK.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
It's an interesting concept that you may hate, but to be fair, I don't think you've ever been able to cook grenades in BF. You HAVE been able to "hold" the grenade, which you can still do if you select the grenade instead of using quick-grenade.

Uh... you could in BF2: Modern Combat/console port. Surely you could in BF2 as well?

But I agree. I rather have the chance to move instead of "GREN--BLAM!"

Splinter said:
>>Demize trolling<<

TonyKornhiserWHY.jpg There is no need to buff/nerf the pistols so far. I haven't seen the (w)Rex or other pistols yet but the MP-443 (My BFF) and the M9 are both able to stop people pretty good. It's just the SHITTY AIMING ON PS3 that works against them.

Eatchildren said:

I WOULD IF YOU STOP MOVING AROUND EATCHILDREN! I WANT TO GIVE YOU AMMO! WHY DO YOU KEEP RUNNING INTO BATTLES TO DIE BEFORE I CAN GIVE YOU AMMO!? ;________;

EatChildren said:

See I play support around 75% of the time and everytime I throw down ammo ppl run away. I don't think they hear my character say "Pick up your ammo!" Wish there was a way to signal em

Anton Sugar said:
Love it or hate it, Demize said that cooking grenades creates less "moments" in-game. When you cook a grenade, your enemy doesn't really have any chance to fight back or react--it's just an explosion in the face (if you're good at cooking).

When grenades can't be cooked, it creates a moment once the grenade lands where the enemy has to react and show some survival ability.

It's an interesting concept that you may hate, but to be fair, I don't think you've ever been able to cook grenades in BF. You HAVE been able to "hold" the grenade, which you can still do if you select the grenade instead of using quick-grenade.

Yea, it sounds reasonable in theory, but grenades are useless for anything but getting lucky or causing someone to move out of cover. It takes waaay to long in this game for the grenade to detonate. I'll throw a grenade, get killed as i throw it, and then watch as the enemy that killed me runs 50 feet away from the grenade before it explodes.

And what about the grenade launcher? It goes boom and kills someone immediately; I get so many kills with that thing. I know thats how launchers are supposed to work, but the reasoning of "they don't have time to react" doesn't seem valid.

There are plenty of ways to die where you can't react; it happens. If I throw an excellent grenade with excellent timing, it should kill them right away. If they don't implement cooking, then just take a second or so off of detonation time.

Stallion Free said:
Perhaps he should have spent some of his time getting non-shitty VO for multiplayer. I'm looking at you "Russia."

Are the Russian VO bad or just badly written? Haven't finished the campaign yet, but I remember a Russian tweeting Demize about how bad the Russians sounded, and Demize said that they got native Russian speakers to do the VO work.

Marvie_3

Banned
EatChildren said:

RoboPlato said:
I've gotten ammo once, ever, between my time in the beta and in the final game.
It's just the opposite when I'm playing. I see ammo everywhere yet nobody throws down a health kit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anton Sugar said:
Are the Russian VO bad or just badly written? Haven't finished the campaign yet, but I remember a Russian tweeting Demize about how bad the Russians sounded, and Demize said that they got native Russian speakers to do the VO work.
The Russian VO in multiplayer is hilariously bad.

DTKT

Anton Sugar said:

I know that the MP russian sounds really bad. What's worse is that there is a setting to change the language but it doesn't seem to do anything.

parasight

razgriz417 said:
See I play support around 75% of the time and everytime I throw down ammo ppl run away. I don't think they hear my character say "Pick up your ammo!" Wish there was a way to signal em

This happens to me as well. When playing Assault, people swarm to the medkits. But when playing Support, no one seems to care about ammo refills.

EatChildren said:

My main complaint too, which is why I went support and lay down ammo non stop. I get more points for that than I do laying down health.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
parasight said:
This happens to me as well. When playing Assault, people swarm to the medkits. But when playing Support, no one seems to care about ammo refills.

As an engineer that is constantly running low on Rockets I really care about AMMO refills. Most of the time the support dudes either never throw down any or are nowhere to be found.

Yeah, the tweet was specifically in reference to MP. I think Demize even responded, true to fashion, with, "You should complain to your countrymen. They're Russian voices."

GenericUser

Better be alive than have dozens of unused ammo crates laying around if you ask me. BF3 does it right, giving med packs to the assault class was 1 of DICE's good changes to the balancing if your ask me. I have yet to notice a change to the worse.

When i occasionally run out of ammo, i'll just grab a gun thats laying aroung everywhere.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anton Sugar said:
Yeah, the tweet was specifically in reference to MP. I think Demize even responded, true to fashion, with, "You should complain to your countrymen. They're Russian voices."
Why are they speaking English and using the terribly written phrases? That's all on Dice.

The way they sound is the fault of the voice director.

Menelaus

Banned
StevieP said:
That, and remove the stupid specks that are always all over my visor. It's ruining my enjoyment of the game. Somebody make a launcher!
Having that be optional, while enabling by default, would unbalance MP.

Stallion Free said:
Why are they speaking English and using the terribly written phrases? That's all on Dice.

The way they sound is the fault of the voice director.

No idea why native VO's don't work. If the complaint is that the writing is bad, yeah, that's on DICE. But the voice actors themselves are Russian.

Menelaus said:

They just really need to tone it down. It's effective and looks good to an extent, but currently it's too much like you're playing the game through a camera lens. Which "authentic soldiers" don't do. Even with goggles on, sun glare isn't THAT bad in "real life".

DMeisterJ

Banned
EatChildren said:

Always opposite for me.

A gratuitous amount of ammo, but never any medkits. :/

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Menelaus said:
So disable it by default. No one in their right mind prefers the effect on and no one needs to know that it ever existed. It has no place in multiplayer.

DTKT

Stallion Free said:
So disable it by default. No one in their right mind prefers the effect on and no one needs to know that it ever existed. It has no place in multiplayer.

Agreed. It really has no place in a competitive MP game.

I am a shit pilot, but BOYYY do I love being a gunner on a chopper.

If anyone who plays on the GAF servers are great pilots and needs a bum chum to ride with them, pick me! It's so much fun.

Arjen

So, got it yesterday, played for about two hours, really loved it.
But wthat is the trick to get into a game with more then two players? (xbox 360), i'm sorry but this system sucks some serious balls.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Foliorum Viridum said:

If anyone who plays on the GAF servers are great pilots and needs a bum chum to ride with them, pick me! It's so much fun.

Same here. I also love good heli pilots as they can be a great spawn point over an enemy point.

cametall

EatChildren said:

Funny, on PS3 it's the opposite.

... unless you're standing next to me, I shit out medkits non stop.

AndyD said:
Same here. I also love good heli pilots as they can be a great spawn point over an enemy point.
The pilot I was just with in the GAF server (Nabbetuss? Not sure if he's a GAFer) was such a good pilot he was capping points as we were hovering and destroying vehicles etc.

That's what really sold me on how fun being a gunner is.

Foliorum Viridum said:

Same, got some great unlocks for chopper last night due to gunning (cloak and heat seekers, HOLLA).

I'm having trouble getting the hang of the flares, though, and I think I know what Infected was talking about the other day. With the chopper, I wait for the "third stage"of the lock--the actual "missile is coming toward you" beep. But the missile ALWAYS seems to hit us and I don't know why. Felt bad because I was gunner with some gaffers last night and was trying to keep us alive via flares, but I deploy them and a second later we're hit. What gives?

Actually, last night I got a bunch of vehicle unlocks thanks to some vehicle maps on Rush and the AA in Conquest.

Detox

Spl1nter said:
Try switching your ads key temporarily to see if it works. Also what mouse are you using?
Thanks , can't believe I didn't think of that. It seems to be my mouse not sure what it is doing but it's definitely the RMB.

ElyrionX

The fucking team switching restriction is pissing me off. When the goddamn server is as unbalanced as 30 players against 25 players, don't fucking tell me I can't switch teams too often if all I want is to balance it out.

Xcellere

Anton Sugar said:
Hahaha, you lucked out on the server tonight!

(I used to be Mr. Snrub btw)

I did luck out! Been waiting forever to get approved. Snrub, is it you that replies to the GAF BF3 email? I was the dude that donated $5 but didn't have an account. :(

Makoto

Anton Sugar said:
Found the tweet re:voices
Yeah, they sound like natural Russians speaking English but really, I'd just like the native Russian language VO instead of English when I'm playing on the Russian side.

Milly79

Arjen said:
So, got it yesterday, played for about two hours, really loved it.
But wthat is the trick to get into a game with more then two players? (xbox 360), i'm sorry but this system sucks some serious balls.
Server browser.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Foliorum Viridum said:
The pilot I was just with in the GAF server (Nabbetuss? Not sure if he's a GAFer) was such a good pilot he was capping points as we were hovering and destroying vehicles etc.

That's what really sold me on how fun being a gunner is.

Yea, I forget who it was yesterday too. But he would kill all the vehicles then hover down so we could hop out and secure a point. Then land, load us up and onto the next point.

It was maddening how good of a pilot he was. In a good way.

@BHMW Can you tell me what kind of change the mortar is going to get in this balance patch? thanks

@Demize99
None currently. Annoying? Sure, to some. OP? Nah, not according to stats. Short range, and very vulnerable to counter mortars.

Nice. I have no problem with that. I rarely get hit by mortars and have taken out plenty who use them.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Why can you not cook grenades in this game?

probably aiming to be more like real life (where they don't "cook" grenades) instead of being like COD. Albeit i don't think real life grenades have a pulsing red light on them so I guess that negates the real life thingie i just said.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
vidal said:
Yeah, they sound like natural Russians speaking English but really, I'd just like the native Russian language VO instead of English when I'm playing on the Russian side.

Problem is that they did that by default on Bad Company/2 and people wouldn't understand what their teammates wanted (ammo/health) with it on.

EatChildren said:

i don't think support is a very played class right now. i rarely see them. i would play support more but I think their guns are horrible.

Eclipsis said:
I did luck out! Been waiting forever to get approved. Snrub, is it you that replies to the GAF BF3 email? I was the dude that donated $5 but didn't have an account. :(

Yeah, Xcellere, right? I gotchu, brah.

bluerei said:
Nice. I have no problem with that. I rarely get hit by mortars and have taken out plenty who use them.

They certainly don't seem as bad as mortars in BC2. Mainly because Support seems to be the least used class. I wonder if that was their thought process..."Let's give the class that is least likely to be used, the coolest fucking shit to use."

Makoto

TheSeks said:
Problem is that they did that by default on Bad Company/2 and people wouldn't understand what their teammates wanted (ammo/health) with it on.
Sure and the localized VO should be the default. It's just that I feel the native language VO should also be an option.

KingOfKong said:
i don't think support is a very played class right now. i rarely see them. i would play support more but I think their guns are horrible.

I want to play other classes but every level is so tank heavy you really have no choice but to play the engineer.

Nizz

Spl1nter said:
Yeah, forget the car horns. Fix that god damn Killzone 2 style aiming in the PS3 version. Played some MP last night and what a chore the aiming was. A couple of times I know I could have gotten a kill but the messed up acceleration/lag/deadzone in the stick would cause me to either go too left or too right and overaim targets.

That's my main issue with the game right now. Besides that, it was fun playing Rush on maps like Kharg Island and Damavand Peak. Graphics look great, it's fun holding down an M-Com station to the end.

But those controls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom