• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
IMACOMPUTA said:
Or like Batman Arkham Asylum detective mode 24/7.

Same here. Haha.

I find it really hard to play without it now.

Some maps don't fully benefit from them depending on where you like to be on the map. Certain key sniping points for example on Seine Crossing aren't as optimal with IRNV, because there is a lot of weird dust clouds you can't see through. Plus, the fact that ammo boxes give off heat can mess with your head when you are trying to shoot at it because you think it's a part of someone's body.

It's pretty much 100% necessary on Tehran though. :p

1stStrike

Banned
Oh my god, I just had my best game yet. 19 - 0. I had an awesome co-pilot in my tank who was gunning fools down AND repairing me, which made a huge difference. I spent the entire game in the same tank.

I ended up scoring 11,734 points in total, and got the ace squadron and MVP ribbon.

Oh tanks, how I love thee...

1stStrike said:
Oh btw, are you playing on PS3 this time or did you join the master race? I miss playing with everyone on PS3 sometimes as I don't have anyone to play with on PC D:
PS3, although almost strictly on Aussie servers ;)

Loving the console server browser I have to say, so nice not to have to IP block the foreign servers just to get a decent game! If you're willing to try playing on an Aussie server though then send me a PSN friend request - otherwise you might want to ask here instead :)

El'Kharn

timmytheman123 said:
Good to see the fucktards that sit back and snipe while on attack in rush have made the transition to bf3.
I now have 50 odd knife kills from those very same fucktards sir. *salutes and goes back to stabbing snipers*

1stStrike said:
Oh my god, I just had my best game yet. 19 - 0. I had an awesome co-pilot in my tank who was gunning fools down AND repairing me, which made a huge difference. I spent the entire game in the same tank.

I ended up scoring 11,734 points in total, and got the ace squadron and MVP ribbon.

Oh tanks, how I love thee...

I had the same, and this happened.

1stStrike

Banned
endlessflood said:
PS3, although almost strictly on Aussie servers ;)

Loving the console server browser I have to say, so nice not to have to IP block the foreign servers just to get a decent game! If you're willing to try playing on an Aussie server though then send me a PSN friend request - otherwise you might want to ask here instead :)

I didn't pick up the PS3 version this time. I went master race D:

HotHamWater said:
I had the same, and this happened.

Holy shit lol. I gotta say, since I got thermal and guided shell my score has been insane every round - usually a total of 9,000+ points :eek:

I can't wait to see what the next unlock is gonna be like!

Salacious Crumb

Just a little hot tip for those that don't know: when you get out of a vehicle you teleport to the side of the vehicle you're facing. Eg if you're an engine tank gunner and an enemy tank's shooting you from the front aim behind you before you get out so you teleport to the back of your tank and start repairing.

Khal_B said:
Glad the UMP might be getting a buff. Thing is shit right now.

I've had no problem with it, though I do play hardcore. Decent damage, and the recoil seems to auto correct if you go full auto on someone.

Rainy Dog

Khal_B said:
Glad the UMP might be getting a buff. Thing is shit right now.

Absolutely. Unlocked it yesterday and gave up on it after a few minutes. They should've just left it, I'm sure it was fine on less CQC maps and without the beta damage bugs.

1stStrike

Banned
Here's the official theme song for people that suck ass at flying jets
KuGsj.gif

Cyborg

Hi,
Im playing the PS3-version of BF3. I have a question.
Im having some kind of lag in my controls....you cant aim acurate. ( in fast situations) In the beta I didnt have any problems.

Does anyone know what this is? Is it my 100Hz tv or something else?

KAOz

Short bus special
Cyborg said:
Hi,
Im playing the PS3-version of BF3. I have a question.
Im having some kind of in my controls....you cant aim acurate. ( in fast situations) In the beta I didnt have any problems.

Does anyone know what this is? Is it my 100Hz tv or something else?

Bug. :(

They are looking into it.

dino1980

1stStrike said:
I didn't pick up the PS3 version this time. I went master race D:

Holy shit lol. I gotta say, since I got thermal and guided shell my score has been insane every round - usually a total of 9,000+ points :eek:

I can't wait to see what the next unlock is gonna be like!

How do you use guided shell? Im pointing at stuff but nothing happens... no locking on or nothing.

Kak.efes

Went 14-0 in firestorm rush earlier in the A-10. Took out a bunch of Su's and tanks, the latter mostly with lengthy strafing passes utilizing the cannon (man, is that gratifying). I must have pissed off some engineers, because the stingers were flying for the final quarter of that round.

Extinguisher > Flares. I got taken down to 10% twice, without ever dying.

I've almost dropped 20 hours since tuesday in multiplayer. I haven't played a game that much in a long time. Loving it. Finally getting good upgrades to the attack helicopter. Can't fly worth a damn but my buddy can and we rack up the kills.

14 hours in for the multi and I think I’m almost done with this game (PS3)

The controls are simply not resonating for me; somethings up. In the beta (let’s face it, that was no beta, what we have now is) I was going 40 to 50 kills for say, 10 deaths. Now I’m like 8 kills for 7. Or 18 for 10 if I’m lucky. Tried adjusting the sensitivity. No change.

The maps don’t seem as good aas previous BF’s, certainly not as good as Bad Company’s. And with so few maps, if some are shitty, it makes a big impact. And just as a side note concerning the maps, the Highway one is an abortion. I’ve not played an online game in years where I’ve been lag dragged all over the place. You think you’ve just left that room? No, no you haven’t.

Killed whilst ducking behind cover also isn’t cool. That just get’s dull. Seeing the wall between you and your attacker, right there in your face and knowing you’ve made it but still die? Sigh…

I also think including jets for consoles was a mistake. The maps do feel like they were designed for higher numbers and removing any players from the limited number we get (on consoles) is just going to make that feel worst. I think it shows, I’m not sure what the rest of you feel. I’ve seen many comment that jets play no part in the greater scheme of a game, be it conquest or rush and I’d agree

As a finale note. I finished the campaign yesterday. Where’s the cohesion in the controls. Press R1 to knife this guy when it’s usually R2? (As one small example). That’s some of the worst and must basic game design I’ve seen in a while. I mean, the team making single player have no knowledge of the multiplayer controls? Jesus…

Cyborg

betty swollocks said:

The controls are simply not resonating for me; somethings up. In the beta (let’s face it, that was no beta, what we have now is) I was going 40 to 50 kills for say, 10 deaths. Now I’m like 8 kills for 7. Or 18 for 10 if I’m lucky. Tried adjusting the sensitivity. No change.

/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Some kind of lag......In the beta I had no problems but the controls in the game are killing me. There is just something wrong

FoggyFreek

Cyborg said:
betty swollocks said:

/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Some kind of lag......In the beta I had no problems but the controls in the game are killing me. There is just something wrong

Alan Kerz (Demize99) said he's on it and a patch will fix this.

buhdeh

betty swollocks said:

The maps don’t seem as good aas previous BF’s, certainly not as good as Bad Company’s. And with so few maps, if some are shitty, it makes a big impact. And just as a side note concerning the maps, the Highway one is an abortion. I’ve not played an online game in years where I’ve been lag dragged all over the place. You think you’ve just left that room? No, no you haven’t.

Killed whilst ducking behind cover also isn’t cool. That just get’s dull. Seeing the wall between you and your attacker, right there in your face and knowing you’ve made it but still die? Sigh…

I also think including jets for consoles was a mistake. The maps do feel like they were designed for higher numbers and removing any players from the limited number we get (on consoles) is just going to make that feel worst. I think it shows, I’m not sure what the rest of you feel. I’ve seen many comment that jets play no part in the greater scheme of a game, be it conquest or rush and I’d agree

As a finale note. I finished the campaign yesterday. Where’s the cohesion in the controls. Press R1 to knife this guy when it’s usually R2? (As one small example). That’s some of the worst and must basic game design I’ve seen in a while. I mean, the team making single player have no knowledge of the multiplayer controls? Jesus…

I agree. I own the PC version and my friend has PS3 and the experiences aren't even close. I don't think the jets are even worth putting in with such a small number of players. You already lose 4 players to jets/aircraft and there are barely any ground targets you can go after. Also, found it funny that the highway map has an LAV with 6 slots on console... that's like half your team lmao.

Enkidu

buhdeh said:
I agree. I own the PC version and my friend has PS3 and the experiences aren't even close. I don't think the jets are even worth putting in with such a small number of players. You already lose 4 players to jets/aircraft and there are barely any ground targets you can go after. Also, found it funny that the highway map has an LAV with 6 slots on console... that's like half your team lmao.
It's a weird mix right now that's definitely hurting the game. As you point out, playing with only 24 players usually leaves too few around to actually do things, something I've experienced myself when playing on low populated servers. However, while you get enough people if you bump it up to 64, the maps are often designed around 24 players instead. The control points are so close together on many maps that with 64 it just becomes a giant mess. The map scaling was supposed to fix this but the maps are hardly different, usually maybe 2 extra flags but we don't just need more flags we need to change where the existing ones are as well.

buhdeh said:
that's like half your team lmao.

Not like half your team, that IS half your team. 32p servers on PC feels soo barren, can't even imagine how 24p on consoles must feel. Sad that console players don't get to experience Battlefield on a 50p or 64p server, it's a completely different game.

How much does the BF3 specific AMD driver improve the framerates? 11.10 just got released which includes the BF3 specific improvements. I'm still on 11.09.

I wish in game voice was in... Even with my retarded, horrible, english I'm sure people on GAF servers would understand if its a threat or some gibberish. At the very least, squad in voice chat, please make it happen DICE!

Too useful if you are gunning/piloting helicopter.

I'm in love with this game, getting BF2 vibes, can't wait for Karkand maps though. Maybe its because I spent so many hours on BF2 maps back in the day, but I got the feeling they were better thoughout, that is, for conquest and felt "bigger".

cdyhybrid

Oh wow. 680 point double kill on Tehran Highway just now. Sniper laying up on the roof all the way up the hill by A, headshot him and the bullet apparently hit someone behind him, killing them both.

derFeef

Wolf Akela said:
How much does the BF3 specific AMD driver improve the framerates? 11.10 just got released which includes the BF3 specific improvements. I'm still on 11.09.
You should def. install them.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Finally got around to playing some Rush. Pretty enjoyable but it feels like the opposite of BC2 in that most maps feel like they were built around Conquest.

Gotta say the first areas of Damavand (sp) Peak look amazing. I wish they had expanded that area and used it for the Conquest variant.

GenericUser

Cyborg said:
betty swollocks said:

As I already wrote in the console community thread: reducing the video resolution to 576P on my PS3 improved the responsiveness a lot. You maybe want to try that out.

Cyborg

sponk said:
As I already wrote in the console community thread: reducing the video resolution to 576P on my PS3 improved the responsiveness a lot. You maybe want to try that out.
Why would I do that...I want to play it on a high resolution.

GenericUser

Cyborg said:
Why would I do that...I want to play it on a high resolution.

Only as long as it takes DICE to come up with a patch that fixes the problem. Dont you think I would not prefer to play in HD?

I'll stick with SD, its more fun that way.

Thanks, will certainly try that as I do want to play the game...

That said, it doesn't change the concerns with the map design. I'm hoping that it'll all settle down; perhaps its just the new game thing - people trying stuff out, rounds not really playing as they will in the future. I dunno. My PC is high spec so I think I'll get it at some point on that. Just, its been many many years since I've gamed on a mouse (CS1.4) and no doubt I'll be terrible :(

Arcipello

Izayoi said:
My FAVORITE PART about the flashlight is that it blinds thermal vision too.

How the fuck does that work?

yeah that pisses me off... also you cant see through smoke with the thermal... that is supposed to be one of its key uses!

hiverbon

Neo Member
Izayoi said:
My FAVORITE PART about the flashlight is that it blinds thermal vision too.

How the fuck does that work?

Isn't it IRNV (Infra Red Night Vision)? Sounds feasible that it'd blind those systems.

sponk said:

How do you put the PS3 in 576? On HDMI I have 480 then 720.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom