• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majanew

Banned
Wish DICE didn't drop the ball with their menus. I miss BC2's gun menu where I could compare the guns I had unlocked by their range, damage, etc. And I'd like to see more of my friend's stats without having to get on my computer to log into battle log.

carfo said:
I don't see why Jets need a buff. A well placed full belt of bullets can destroy a tank. Partially missing disables it. They take out other air, again, with a full well placed belt of bullets...or heat seeking missiles....or a wire-guided missiles...

Really, it's anti air that needs to be nerfed. The lock on range is too far, and ammo is too plentiful. I know IRL one RPG can take out a fully armored chopper, but IRL the pilot has a lot more room to fly around.

Choppers are superior to jets for vehicle and infantry killing. Jets really have no purpose other than to fly around and shoot at other jets. I have never once in many hours been killed by a jet on the ground, and you see them doing nothing but flying around shooting at each other. Choppers in the meantime are flying around tearing shit up. Jets need to have more actual impact on the ground game as they did in BF2

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Part of taking out jets is timing your rockets so that you fake the jet out into firing their flares too early.

I believe they know when you're locked on to them, and if you're patient they'll panic.

That only worked in BF2. Now there is a specific tone for when a missile is actually fired, not just when you've been locked on. So, sure, if the pilot is particularly dumb, then you can get a missile hit.

daedalius

So, are they fixing the mouse-lag bug? I basically can't play now because of it; quite the treat after upgrading to win7 and a better video card.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Have any of tried playing BC2 after some time with BF3?

Holy shit, what a turd. Okay, maybe that's too strong a word, but BF3 is leagues ahead in terms of control and movement and shooting. Jesus...

Anton Sugar said:
Borderless windowed mode

tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
BattleMonkey said:
Choppers are superior to jets for vehicle and infantry killing. Jets really have no purpose other than to fly around and shoot at other jets. I have never once in many hours been killed by a jet on the ground, and you see them doing nothing but flying around shooting at each other. Choppers in the meantime are flying around tearing shit up. Jets need to have more actual impact on the ground game as they did in BF2

Shouldnt jets be blowing up those choppers?

Twinduct said:
Not really, expansions back in the day was way more meaty. Hell Maps was given to you for free 99% of the time!

I'm just peeved for having them show off the DLC release since long before the game was done. They should have honestly either waited until the last few weeks before release. I might not feel so nickel and dime'd.

Stallion Free said:
Expansions were 6-8 brand new map designs + weapons and vehicles.

State of the industry. I'm personally a lot more comfortable with paying $15 for additional weapons, vehicles, and maps, as opposed to just maps.

MrOogieBoogie said:

Holy shit, what a turd. Okay, maybe that's too strong a word, but BF3 is leagues ahead in terms of control and movement and shooting. Jesus...

Netcode is also miles better in BF3. Hit detection and deaths were always a little laggy on BC2 even on PC dedicated servers. BF3 is just alot more responsive.

Doc Holliday said:

In an ideal world, instead they fly around getting shot down by choppers too

Nabs

I spent all of last night playing TDM with my MAV. Didn't lose a game. Heh.
Being on a team with xclash, crooked rain, dudebeast and shadowlink didn't hurt

I need to get better at road kills.

U2NUMB

BattleMonkey said:

A good jet pilot with the right equipment can take out vehicles on the ground easily.

Zeppelin

BattleMonkey said:

I don't know... I feel like I've been killed by jets in my tank quite often recently. They often come right at you with some kind of lock on. Of course, this also makes them quite easy to hit with a shell and getting shell'd by a tank when you're flying a jet is so much more humiliating than vice versa. :p

Woo-Fu

Banned
BattleMonkey said:

That just means you've never once seen an intelligent jet pilot with a full set of unlocks. AGMs are great anti-vehicle weapons, that get even better if somebody is lasing targets with soflam/citv/helicopter.

I didn't really start making the points until I focused on killing ground targets with AGMs or rockets. I only dogfight if the enemy jets start bugging me.

BattleMonkey said:
Netcode is also miles better in BF3. Hit detection and deaths were always a little laggy on BC2 even on PC dedicated servers. BF3 is just alot more responsive.

In an ideal world, instead they fly around getting shot down by choppers too

I didn't get shooted down by a chooper...yet.

I swear I try to get choopers down, but I can barely get a dissable vehicle....need more practice.

Majanew said:
Wish DICE didn't drop the ball with their menus. I miss BC2's gun menu where I could compare the guns I had unlocked by their range, damage, etc. And I'd like to see more of my friend's stats without having to get on my computer to log into battle log.

If the stats meant anything, I would agree--BC2's were never updated with all the weapon re-balancing they did. I think COD is the same way--in-game weapon stats are BS. I don't know why they don't just give us the specific values.

MrOogieBoogie said:

Yup. I ain't never going back--NOT NEVER.

eek5

RibbedHero said:
What people forget is that each BF3 map is so huge and detailed that its the equivalent of 4+ CoD/Halo maps in terms of size, and equivalent to 2+ CoD/Halo maps in terms of varied gameplay and locations.

I mean they could easily make 3 Team Deathmatch maps form each of their current batch. For example, Metro TDM map 1 would take place in the park, map 2 would take place in the metro, and map 3 in the area outside the entrance to the metro. Those maps would easily match CoD in terms of area and map design, so DICE could've made 27 CoD style TDM maps from the current 9 maps.

But they didn't. The only thing worse than the tdm maps are the tdm spawns anyway. TDM areas were so lazily selected that I am surprised they didn't copy paste 27 of them to be honest. I mean it isn't like they would need to put much work into it other than putting up some gates and grey areas; they obviously spent less time than that stamping out available spawn points.

Played as a gunner yesterday with some random dude who could fly the chopper like a boss. THE POINTS KEPT RAINING!!!!

I never went through the process of progression SOO FAST!

Effect

Phonomezer said:
When does the campaign get better? Just passed the bank, actually fell asleep while playing.

It really doesn't. There are few stand out mounts like the tank missions, night roof top mission, or the
Russian
(should this blacked out? Figure it should be since it isn't clear from trailers this takes place.) missions but I think that's it.

I might go back and replace the game but not take the initiative and try lead the way. Maybe that's how it's suppose to be played? Just take orders and follow npc leads? That's how Medal of Honor was setup in it's campaign but it was structure in such away it 100% clear that was what you were suppose to do. I guess it could be consider hand holding but it allow the game to move at the pace it was designed.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Patrick Bateman said:
Played as a gunner yesterday with some random dude who could fly the chopper like a boss. THE POINTS KEPT RAINING!!!!

The sad part is that the pilot got table scraps compare to you. :) Last couple days I've avoided flying, always getting into the gunner's seat, and have been moving through the unlocks quick and easy.

Patrick Bateman said:

I had a bro copter pilot a week ago as well. We racked up so many points and he can always land the copter perfectly to repair it (we're both Engies).

Woo-Fu said:
The sad part is that the pilot got table scraps compare to you. :) Last couple days I've avoided flying, always getting into the gunner's seat, and have been moving through the unlocks quick and easy.

I noticed that, too.

Divius

Just had a great game on Operation Firestorm. Joined while the game was already running and we (US) were losing. While it obviously was a team effort, I certainly played part in us winning (with only 10 tickets left) so that felt pretty great. Even ended up with an MVP2 ribbon.

Had this great moment where I was down to 20% health and being shot at from 3 directions when a tank rolled by and I managed to hop in, kill both those bastards who were shooting at me with the MG before an enemy tank popped up out of nowhere and started shooting us. My tankdriver was a) blind as shit, because he didn't see him (even after I spotted!) and b) a coward, since he bailed way too early. With no change of getting away with the tank, I jumped out, ran around some rocks in a flanking maneuvre, C4'd that enemy tank, blew it up and afterwards killed the engineer which was standing behind it, fixing it. Good stuff.

eek5 said:
But they didn't. The only thing worse than the tdm maps are the tdm spawns anyway. TDM areas were so lazily selected that I am surprised they didn't copy paste 27 of them to be honest. I mean it isn't like they would need to put much work into it other than putting up some gates and grey areas; they obviously spent less time than that stamping out available spawn points.

Not only that, they were too lazy to add a few more spawn points for PC version, so if you're playing 32 player TDM there are only 24 spawn points and they get filled up so the deploy button doesn't work.

Effect

Don't think TDM should be played with that many people. The most enjoyable matches I've had have limited it to 16 players (maybe tiny bit higher). Anymore on a TDM map and it's chaotic and simply not fun. Same for Rush. 32 players max should be the limit on the PC side. No map is designed for any more. 64 players only make sense on the large Conquest maps.

mbmonk

Anyone know where I could locate a map overview picture ( basically the mini map version ) of the map Seine Crossing? I would like to do a post and reference the pic, but I can't find it anywhere.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anton Sugar said:
State of the industry. I'm personally a lot more comfortable with paying $15 for additional weapons, vehicles, and maps, as opposed to just maps.
I'd be fine with it if we got to use the weapons on all maps. Right now it looks like we won't be able to.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I usually play support but i was trying to unlock sniper rifles last night. It is so weird playing recon but damn it can be fun when youre a sniper in the thick of things instead of just sitting miles away. I basically trailed my squad by a few feet and helped out with the motion sensor and spawn beacons. Capping flags with my side arm, clearing out opposing sniper and proned support was fun as fuck.

Might play recon with the ump and take a break from my 249 IR. damn its weird not having the hack scope :(

Megasoum

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'd be fine with it if we got to use the weapons on all maps. Right now it looks like we won't be able to.

They confirmed in the Q&A the other day that you can use the weapons on all the maps and everything is tied in with your current progression... it's not a whole new stats ladder.

Dipswitch

Question for owners of the 360 version - does your drive still spin up even if you have the multiplayer disk installed? I swear the multiplayer stuff is loading off the dvd and not using my install, because loading times are quite long and the drive never stops spinning during the play session.

Anyone else run into that?

Zeppelin

I just played some recon, didn't enjoy it very much but I'll give some more time. But damn, the unlocks for the rifles seem rather useless. Most of the unlocks seem really dull and I can't say there's a single one I feel I must have.

Edit: Also, the uselessness of the knife is starting to drive me insane.

ZeroCoin

Dipswitch said:
Question for owners of the 360 version - does your drive still spin up even if you have the multiplayer disk installed? I swear the multiplayer stuff is loading off the dvd and not using my install, because loading times are quite long and the drive never stops spinning during the play session.

My drive spins up at the beginning for a minute or two, but that's all. You might want to remove the texture pack and the install and start fresh to see if that helps.

ElyrionX

Followed a gaffer's (think it was spl1nter) post yesterday and switched from the x12 to the x8 scope on the M98B and am currently doing the run and gun thing much better as a recon now.

Miggytronz

Dipswitch said:

take a peek at this........http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624701763691/

Anyone whos playing on XBOX should read that thread there.

Miggytronz

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT – TACTICAL LIGHT NERF INCOMING

Demize99 just tweeted some Before and After Screenshots of the nerfed Tactical Light. Looks like the effect has been turned down a lot. If you compare the two Screenshots, you see that you can now actually spot the Player behind the bright Light. It’s nice from DICE that they’re showing us the changes they make to the game with Screenshots like this.
http://battlefieldo.com/blinded-by-...coming/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/133891163617898497

BEFORE
tactical1.jpg

AFTER
tactical2.jpg

Rainy Dog

BattleMonkey said:
They said yesterday that the weapons will be allowed on all maps

I thought they said not because of memory restrictions on consoles? Which would also explain why there's seven M4's and nine 'different' M16's to pad the classes out in vanilla :p

georgc

Doc Holliday said:
well with in 40 seconds spawn timer on jets there is no time to worry bout choppers when another jet is on your ass.

Also why are AA invincible and mobile AA has like 25% more armor than A TANK!!! that makes no sense.

iam220

So tactical light completely useless now? Why not just remove it? The IRNV is a far bigger problem anyways and what should have been addressed first.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
iam220 said:
So tactical light completely useless now? Why not just remove it? The IRNV is a far bigger problem anyways and what should have been addressed first.

From the looks of it there is still some use to it, just not like staring into the Sun. I wonder if the effect will be more pronounced on indoor or dark areas?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
iam220 said:
Let tac lights blind IRNV users and leave them fixed for everyone else. Problem solved.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
iam220 said:

It does appear to be useless. I don't agree with the approach they took. I think Dice should have made the light useless outdoors but retain indoor functionality.

aranth

Oh Dice, why are half the vehicle unlocks worthless or just plain bugged. Finally unlocked the TV missile for the helis and guess what? They fuckin bounce off targets most of the time and they won't detonate on aerial targets at all. If you're lucky enough, they might even explode when you fire it and destroy your chopper!

Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom