• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo-Fu said:
The sad part is that the pilot got table scraps compare to you. :) Last couple days I've avoided flying, always getting into the gunner's seat, and have been moving through the unlocks quick and easy.

I'd love to do this, but I know from experience 9/10 times I'm going to get a complete moron who will either crash us into the ground or a million other stupid things that means I never even get a chance to kill anything. Even worse the other day I kept getting this not very good guy as gunner, who whenever I landed the chopper for repairs would immediately take off again, presumably thinking I'd made some kind of mistake or didn't want to fly anymore. If there was only some kind of "PUNCH IDIOT IN THE FACE FOR REAL" button in this game I'd have broken it from hammering the fuck out of it the third time he did this.

iam220

RbBrdMan said:
From the looks of it there is still some use to it, just not like staring into the Sun. I wonder if the effect will be more pronounced on indoor or dark areas?

There are not enough dark areas I don't think to make it worthwhile. Especially considering the other attachments that you have, and looking at that screenshot it seems to be more of a disadvantage, it's kinda like the way the flashlight works now at long range: "hey guys! I'm over here".

SapientWolf said:
Let tac lights blind IRNV users and leave them fixed for everyone else. Problem solved.

That would be a start to make the IRNV less useful but the flashlight will still be useless when compared to the other attachments you can have. Plus the IRNV needs way more nerfs than just that. Some sort of delay when brining up the scope perhaps, also dead bodies should stay warm instead of cooling down in 1 second in order to add to the confusion.

Man so frustrating being forced to play engineer because the other 12 engineer assholes on your team dont appear to know how to take any goddamn ground vehicles down. Seriously grab the explosion perk, equip mines + rpg and fucking go to town. I must have taken out 5 fucking tanks and a couple of jeeps in my last match, but I hate it. I AM A MEDIC AT HEART DONT DENY ME.

/rant

aranth said:
Oh Dice, why are half the vehicle unlocks worthless or just plain bugged. Finally unlocked the TV missile for the helis and guess what? They fuckin bounce off targets most of the time and they won't detonate on aerial targets at all. If you're lucky enough, they might even explode when you fire it and destroy your chopper!

Fun times.

They only work for ground vehicles, not sure why :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
SapientWolf said:
Let tac lights blind IRNV users and leave them fixed for everyone else. Problem solved.

That is a freaking great suggestion... I agree 100%

iam220 said:
So tactical light completely useless now? Why not just remove it? The IRNV is a far bigger problem anyways and what should have been addressed first.

Who said it's useless. They just toned it down which it needed

commish said:
It does appear to be useless. I don't agree with the approach they took. I think Dice should have made the light useless outdoors but retain indoor functionality.

They never mentioned whether or not the indoor light was nerfed.

iam220

I learned only a couple of days ago that the you can stabilize (SHIFT on pc) your sights with any gun, where as before I thought it was snipers only. Can't believe I didn't know that, it has greatly increased my effectiveness in long range encounters, especially with the SCAR, which I wish did not get nerfed and instead moved to assault. Really like that gun in its current form :(

BattleMonkey said:
Who said it's useless.

The screenshot?

Effect

How quickly tanks can be repaired by just one engineer is pretty annoying. Faster then in BC2. Whats doubling annoying is aiming at a the engineer repairing and him still living after getting hit! Had that happen to me twice last night I know I him him. Even if I didn't directly he was close enough that he should have still died. I'm willing to accept that the tank needs several hits if I'm not hitting from the back but not the player standing right next to it.

iam220 said:
I learned only a couple of days ago that the you can stabilize (SHIFT on pc) your sights with any gun, where as before I thought it was snipers only. Can't believe I didn't know that, it has greatly increased my effectiveness in long range encounters, especially with the SCAR, which I wish did not get nerfed and instead moved to assault. Really like that gun in its current form :(

The screenshot?

Why'd they nerf the SCAR? It wasn't over powered or anything.

I imagine we'll all be shooting peas after the 4th or 5th patch.

I had no problems getting owned because of a flashlight, I had no problems fighting without IRNV.

Man up and stop crying, there's always ways around these things but you rather just go down the Alleyway and keep getting shredded to peaces so you can complain about it later.

iam220

Choke on the Magic said:
So much crying about IRNV.

Its the best scope in the game by a large margin ... not sure how a call for proper game balance is "crying".

BattleMonkey said:
And thats all it is. It doesn't show how it works in motion, in low light situations, etc

True, but it already was an unpopular attachment and it getting a nerf would make it even more so. If in certain specific situations it's not completely useless than great I guess, but who is going to choose it over a suppressor, extended mag or heavy barrel?

Choke on the Magic said:

Heh, are you trolling me? I don't think they nerfed it yet, but yes for an engineer it was overpowered.

Metalmurphy said:

I had no problems getting owned because of a flashlight, I had no problems fighting without IRNV.

Man up and stop crying, there's always ways around these things but you rather just go down the Alleyway and keep getting shredded to peaces so you can complain about it later.

They are buffing various things, it's not like they are nerfing everything.

IRNV just is too good and makes other scopes pretty pointless. Most people as they say their scores go through the roof once they get the scope. It has no real downsides. As a support trooper I go somewhere high, use the IRNV and I suddenly can see everyone on the battlefield no matter how well they are hidden, and I'm picking off snipers without issue also who are far as heck away with a LMG.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Effect said:
How quickly tanks can be repaired by just one engineer is pretty annoying. Faster then in BC2. Whats doubling annoying is aiming at a the engineer repairing and him still living after getting hit! Had that happen to me twice last night I know I him him. Even if I didn't directly he was close enough that he should have still died. I'm willing to accept that the tank needs several hits if I'm not hitting from the back but not the player standing right next to it.

Yes, there should be a cooldown on repair. As it is now, even if I unload 9 rockets into a tank, it won't die if someone is behind it repairing it. I just can't unload enough damage fast enough.

Metalmurphy said:

this. IRNV is campers bain. The taclight was actually more of a problem from members of my own team than it was from the opposing teams.

Metalmurphy said:

If you didn't think the flashlight blinding you while outdoors was a problem, you're insane.

god%20ray%20small.gif

commish said:
Yes, there should be a cooldown on repair. As it is now, even if I unload 9 rockets into a tank, it won't die if someone is behind it repairing it. I just can't unload enough damage fast enough.

Wait what? there is no cool down for engineers right now? hahaha whenever i repair right now, i always try to do it in steps as to not hit the cool down, great info!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
zephervack said:
Wait what? there is no cool down for engineers right now? hahaha whenever i repair right now, i always try to do it in steps as to not hit the cool down, great info!

Oh, I didn't think so, I never experienced any cool down, but I could be wrong, as I am not a big vehicle person.

iam220

Metalmurphy said:
Man up and stop crying

What a bullet-proof argument you got there. Typically a discussion on a forum is just that. If you disagree with perceived unbalance in this game than explain why. What are the many "ways around" the IRNV?

Rainy Dog

Choke on the Magic said:

Yeah, I don't think so either. Looking at the damage values only tells one part of the tale. It's RPM, high recoil and 20 round mag balances it fairly. A handful of other guns need adjusting but not the Scar.

RotBot

zephervack said:
There is a cooldown but it the tool lasts about 3 times longer than in BC2 before you hit cooldown.

Anton Sugar said:
If you didn't think the flashlight blinding you while outdoors was a problem, you're insane.

god%20ray%20small.gif

Ugh this gif also shows the random horrible green flashes that i experience all the time, everyone has them right? I cant believe there hasnt been an outrage about that, seems like a pretty big bug.

def sim

iam220 said:
What a bullet-proof argument you got there. Typically a discussion on a forum is just that. If you disagree with perceived unbalance in this game than explain why. What are the many "ways around" the IRNV?

For one, maybe you should stop being so hot. Just stop. Ever think about that smart guy with your arguin' words and non manning up?

RotBot

iam220 said:

YBtaZh.jpg

Pics for all classes here: http://imgur.com/a/VbH10

I've had that camo unlocked for the last week but didn't realize it was some kind of anti-predator suit.

iam220

Rainy Dog said:
Yeah, I don't think so either. Looking at the damage values only tells one part of the tale. It's RPM, high recoil and 20 round mag balances it fairly. A handful of other guns need adjusting but not the Scar.

Its true that the scar takes a bit of skill to get competent with, more so than most other guns, but once you do that it excels at all ranges. This is not something that belongs in the hands of an engineer.

RotBot said:
I've had that camo unlocked for the last week but didn't realize it was some kind of anti-predator suit.

Holy shit. When does that camo get unlocked? edit2: oh wait, it's american engi only?

Nabs

Am I the only one rolling with the Shotty (DAO-12) and Frag Rounds? Shit's funny with the IR scope. I love being able to kill people off splash damage.

def sim

RotBot said:
YBtaZh.jpg

Pics for all classes here: http://imgur.com/a/VbH10

That's the best one out of the bunch by a huge margin. Unless everyone is going to be on the american side as an engineer, it doesn't really fix the issue.

zephervack said:
Ugh this gif also shows the random horrible green flashes that i experience all the time, everyone has them right? I cant believe there hasnt been an outrage about that, seems like a pretty big bug.
I have the same, but not everybody has them, I believe they also are on the consoles.

Majanew

Banned
Anton Sugar said:

god%20ray%20small.gif
Yes, so terrible. And I swear it makes them partially bulletproof. Many times I've shot right where they would be standing, given the location of the light, and it's like I hit nothing. I always aim right below the person's tag that I can still see.

Choke on the Magic said:
why is that?

Because they are pretty much superior to all other classes in every aspect. They are supposed to be the best anti tank, which they are, and anti air, and anti infantry. Their rockets are excellent, their carbines are just as good as the AR's of the assault class as their range degredation is minimal. At medium/short ranges they are also fantastic and can even hip fire with ease.

Large reason why majority of teams are made up of mostly engineer class, as it really is a jack of all trades and just as good as the classes that specialize in killing infantry.

Rainy Dog

iam220 said:
Its true that the scar takes a bit of skill to get competent with, more so than most other guns, but once you do that it excels at all ranges. This is not something that belongs in the hands of an engineer.

What I don't understand is why the AN-94 fires at the same RPM as the Scar with similarly high kick. Yet does less damage. At all ranges. And is an AR! The RPK LMG, too.

I'm sure Dice were trying to adhere to reality as much as they could with the weapons, but balance>realism with this sort of stuff. Every time.

Divius

Just played some Rush on a random server. 12 vs 12, we were attacking and we had 6 snipers and a bunch of other people just hanging back, shooting from a distance. Just me and 2 other dudes were actually planting bombs and killing enemies. Stupid motherfuckers.

iam220

Choke on the Magic said:
why is that?

Balance. The engineer is an anti-vehicle class and not an anti infantry. As-is it is the best, most rounded class in the game. Suitable for all situations.

Rainy Dog said:
balance>realism with this sort of stuff. Every time.

Absolutely.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
zephervack said:

I've never seen a green flash like in this GIF. (PC version)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BattleMonkey said:
Because they are pretty much superior to all other classes in every aspect. They are supposed to be the best anti tank, which they are, and anti air, and anti infantry. Their rockets are excellent, their carbines are just as good as the AR's of the assault class as their range degredation is minimal. At medium/short ranges they are also fantastic and can even hip fire with ease.

Large reason why majority of teams are made up of mostly engineer class, as it really is a jack of all trades and just as good as the classes that specialize in killing infantry.

My thoughts exactly. This game needs some big balance changes. Up the Assault class, and downgrade the engi ARs. I love the engineer class, but I don't feel they should be the best at everything.

Tomat said:
My thoughts exactly. This game needs some big balance changes. Up the Assault class, and downgrade the engi ARs. I love the engineer class, but I don't feel they should be the best at everything.

Assaults are pretty good especially with their excellent later unlocks. Main problem is that it really is just better to play an engineer instead of an Assault class. If they nerf don engineer anti infantry capabilities, it would make assaults more appealing.

Assaults big thing too is grenade launchers which are nice, but take more skill to use than engineer rockets which kill infantry very easily unlike in BC2 where rockets were mainly for anti tank duties. Rockets are much easier to use than GL's, so once again it makes engineers seem superior to assaults

RotBot

BattleMonkey said:
Assaults big thing too is grenade launchers which are nice, but take more skill to use than engineer rockets which kill infantry very easily unlike in BC2 where rockets were mainly for anti tank duties. Rockets are much easier to use than GL's, so once again it makes engineers seem superior to assaults
Is this a joke post or are you serious?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
BattleMonkey said:
Assaults are pretty good especially with their excellent later unlocks. Main problem is that it really is just better to play an engineer instead of an Assault class. If they nerf don engineer anti infantry capabilities, it would make assaults more appealing.

Yeah, probably better to just nerf the Engi weapons. As far as the rockets go, the RPG and SMAW feel like the Carl-Gustav Lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom