• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

commish said:
Traditionally medics are not the best at anti-infantry combat.

Right now, it's arguable that the engineers are the best at anti-infantry combat; if that's the case, it's because of the rockets, though I think the ability to revive would make the assault better for anti-infantry purposes for team play.

All I want is nerfed splash damage on the rockets. Then we'll see how the classes shake out.

Right now, in pure infantry combat terms, it's Engineer - Assault - Support - Recon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, I totally forgot. Does DICE have any interest whatsoever in having full team chat anytime soon?

It's kind of annoying when you're in a vehicle and you can't talk to the driver/gunner because he's on a different squad.

I just remembered - whatever happened to the Battlerecorder they were talking about having prior to release? Did they just drop that? I haven't heard anything about it for a while.
firehawk12 said:
You know, I totally forgot. Does DICE have any interest whatsoever in having full team chat anytime soon?

It's kind of annoying when you're in a vehicle and you can't talk to the driver/gunner because he's on a different squad.
"K" is for teamchat.

Support is no way able to compete with assault. Lets see a LMG shot as accurate as a AR at range. With assault not only can you fight in all range but you have other weapons like the m230 and m26 mass that can rule CQC. I give support players nightmares with my m26 mass with frag shots equipped. And with heavy barrel and 6x or 7x scope assault players compete with snipers when it comes to range.

GodofWine

DarthWoo said:
Could anyone perhaps take a screenshot of the carrier AA location please? Maybe somebody's just been occupying it every time I've looked for it.

Is the AA on Ps3? I searched that carrier top to bottom.

iam220

commish said:
Traditionally medics are not the best at anti-infantry combat.

True, but I think it makes more sense to have medics be the best anti-infantry than it is for engineers.

commish said:
Right now, it's arguable that the engineers are the best at anti-infantry combat; if that's the case, it's because of the rockets, though I think the ability to revive would make the assault better for anti-infantry purposes for team play.

All I want is nerfed splash damage on the rockets. Then we'll see how the classes shake out.

Either way, the anti-infantry capabilities of assault, engineer and support are very close and while assault and support should probably be close (with assault inching out as the winner, ideally) ; engineers should be a distant 3rd because of their anti-vehicle capabilities.

jonezer4

jorma said:
if anything needs nerfing its rockets vs infantry, goddamnit :X
I can hit a guy square in the feet with a rocket, or hit the wall 2 feet behind him, or go right through his stomach, and he will survive 90% of the time. Is everyone using flak? Rockets certainly seem to be effective when used against me, but not so much the other way around.

Ysiadmihi said:
The game is so imbalanced right now that you really can't blame people for bitching.

That said, as long as DICE insists scattering gadgets about four different classes instead of making more classes with better defined roles, we're not going to see balance. Even with only one additional class, BC1 was far more balanced than either BC2 or BF3.

It's actually kind of sad that, in a number of ways, BC1 felt more like a BF game than BF3 does.

Adding more classes is probably the biggest way to make things worse, not make it better. BC1 had decent balance class wise, but that is only because of the nature of the games scale and map design was severely constrained and simplified. There was tons of broken shit in BC1 its first few months

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
GodofWine said:
Is the AA on Ps3? I searched that carrier top to bottom.

That's what I've been asking, but seems everyone else thinks it is. I know there is at least one map with the carrier where there is also a Centurion on the ground.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TheNamelessOne said:
I just remembered - whatever happened to the Battlerecorder they were talking about having prior to release? Did they just drop that? I haven't heard anything about it for a while.

"K" is for teamchat.
I mean on the poor man's BF3, aka, the 360 version. lol

Does anyone know of or know how I can make a minimalist config to maximize FPS for Battlefield 3? I can barely hit 20 FPS constant anymore and I can not buy a new computer. (Or upgrade anything for that matter, I would have to build a new machine if I try and replace anything.)

I don't know why the retail game is running so poorly, during the beta I would get 50+ FPS on Operation Metro and Caspian Border. I currently have every setting on the lowest I can get them, and resolution lower than 1280x1024. While the beta settings were also locked on low-medium but I was able to play at my full resolution of 1680x1050.

Current Specs:
C2D @ 3.2ghz
4gig of ram
EVGA 250gts (1gb model)

I timed my build horribly wrong; Quad-cores were just becoming affordable, but they were still out of my price range.

Facism

UV-6 said:
Haven't experienced this on PS3. In fact, I just had the most epic game on Seine Crossing. We were about 150 tickets down and looking to suffer an embarrassing defeat but we somehow pulled back, we just clicked as a team and fought for the flags for the last minutes of the game. I glanced to the left of my screen and saw to my amazement that we were 8-8 in tickets and then I all I remember is getting 2 quick successive kills and the game ended straight after. We barely won with 3 tickets remaining. Man, that whole game was exhilarating.

Here's the team report. Love this game.

hehehe fenerli :)

RotBot said:
http://i.imgur.com/YBtaZh.jpg

Pics for all classes here: http://imgur.com/a/VbH10

I've had that camo unlocked for the last week but didn't realize it was some kind of anti-predator suit.
so, your solution is to play as a US Engineer?

Confidence Man said:
Not only that, they were too lazy to add a few more spawn points for PC version, so if you're playing 32 player TDM there are only 24 spawn points and they get filled up so the deploy button doesn't work.
wasn't TDM always described as a 24 player mode?

commish said:
Yes, there should be a cooldown on repair. As it is now, even if I unload 9 rockets into a tank, it won't die if someone is behind it repairing it. I just can't unload enough damage fast enough.
so your complaint is that you, one person, can't defeat a tank and two people?

Soma

man, the AN-94 is a bit hard to get used to. Oddly enough I have more success with it in full-auto than the burst fire.

The Faceless Master said:
so, your solution is to play as a US Engineer?

wasn't TDM always described as a 24 player mode?

Seriously. There's a reason experienced/tight squads can make a tank last. It's not a bug or a design flaw, it's a learned skill.

The worst is when you act the trailing engineer and some newbie tank driver decides to left-shift it the hell away and leave you behind to face the bullets.

mr_nothin said:
Wtf kind of argument is that?
I have to gain and unlock a mortar in order to deal (read as contribute) with the mortar spamming problem.
So you add mortars to stop mortar spamming? Great!

Also, mortars themselves wouldnt be too much of a problem if they were implemented
correctly. Why are ppl allowed to just keep spamming away? Why are they allowed to just chill in their own base and spam away? Why are they allowed to spam away in rush where
everyone is concentrated into 1 place? Why is there no limit on the amount of mortars per
team/per game?

I've been on Seine Crossing and each team had 4 mortars going. It was completely stupid.
if the mortars took any longer to shoot, it would be faster to shoot, back out, deploy another mortar and shoot again. then people would still be spamming, but also moving around.

Ysiadmihi said:
The game is so imbalanced right now that you really can't blame people for bitching.

That said, as long as DICE insists scattering gadgets about four different classes instead of making more classes with better defined roles, we're not going to see balance. Even with only one additional class, BC1 was far more balanced than either BC2 or BF3.

It's actually kind of sad that, in a number of ways, BC1 felt more like a BF game than BF3 does.
probably because it had great Conquest maps. even the small ones.

<3 Acta Non Verba & Ascension

squidyj

I really want to play with higher level people on my squad, being the only one with a squad perk sucks. I want to be able to roll out with COVR FLAK SUPR SPRT. That would be so boss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
The Faceless Master said:

Yeah, I am. If a tank and two people allow an engineer to fire NINE rockets into a tank, the tank should be dead.

eek5

Ysiadmihi said:
No. On the move. Like I said, same exact thing as in BC2. The LMGs are better ARs than ARs.
Not really. I have a ton of hours with M249, M240B, M60 and they have a lot more recoil than any of the ARs. At medium range they completely devastate people if you get used to the recoil but at longer ranges the ARs are way better, especially if you can burst fire. If you're holding down a choke point or something the LMG is definitely better since you can get the first shot and suppress but in the open field in a 1v1 battle where you both see each other at roughly the same time, I don't see how the LMG wins unless the person you're playing with is completely awful.

Also during sustained fire you have zero kick and recoil but your spread becomes INSANE so you have no clue where your bullets are going. At this point, hitting and killing someone is complete luck. Sure you have 200 bullets to get lucky but it's still complete luck.

commish said:
Yeah, I am. If a tank and two people allow an engineer to fire NINE rockets into a tank, the tank should be dead.

Then you work together with other engineers (or other classes) to take out the tank and crew together. Unless you're going to C4 the thing, that's not a lone wolf scenario.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
AltogetherAndrews said:
Then you work together with other engineers (or other classes) to take out the tank and crew together. Unless you're going to C4 the thing, that's not a lone wolf scenario.

That's not really a good reason. You could say that to excuse just about anything. If you turn it around, then you could say that the repair kit should have a cool down. If you want to survive rockets better, then you should work in a team to get better protection for your tank.

scogoth

commish said:
That's not really a good reason. You could say that to excuse just about anything. If you turn it around, then you could say that the repair kit should have a cool down. If you want to survive rockets better, then you should work in a team to get better protection for your tank.
Repair does have a cool down

moonspeak said:
man, the AN-94 is a bit hard to get used to. Oddly enough I have more success with it in full-auto than the burst fire.

It's not very powerful, and how it defaults to burst fire is annoying. It needs a damage buff to really compete with the other ARs.

Holycrap! I unlocked the M249, 3 rounds later I had a service star for it
lol.gif

And people complain about the SCAR?

Finally getting used to the helicopters.

AH-6J LITTLE BIRD - 15 kills
MI-28 HAVOC - 8 kills
Z-11W - 7 kills
AH-1Z VIPER - 2 kills

Not loads but I'm glad to be getting the hang of them. Got 6 in my last round using the Little Bird. Wasn't playing with friends tonight so lack of a gunner on the attack helicopters sucked a bit. Choppers do feel too easy to shoot down though.

Still no luck with the jets. Just can't get to grips with them.

My god... teaming up with a buddy who is using the SOFLAM is the GREATEST THING EVER when you're flying in a Jet.

OH MY GOD, it just makes the game so damn fun.

People, you have to try this. It's also damn good fun being the SOFLAM driver as well.

Jesus, that is the best device in the game, best invention ever. HAHA it's great when you see jets get popped straight after dropping flares and pilots going "WTF I POPPED FLARES" HAHAH!

J-Rzez

Kylehimself said:
Finally getting used to the helicopters.

AH-6J LITTLE BIRD - 15 kills
MI-28 HAVOC - 8 kills
Z-11W - 7 kills
AH-1Z VIPER - 2 kills

Not loads but I'm glad to be getting the hang of them. Got 6 in my last round using the Little Bird. Wasn't playing with friends tonight so lack of a gunner on the attack helicopters sucked a bit. Choppers do feel too easy to shoot down though.

Still no luck with the jets. Just can't get to grips with them.

I have some kills, but man do I absolutely suck with aircraft in this game for some reason. Jets I can last some time up in the air, but when it comes to the helos, I'm down and out with the quickness.

I called it nearly day 1 that people would bitch about mortars and engineers being OP and Recon being nearly useless, and here we are.

MrBig

The little bird is one of the most satisfying game vehicles I have ever driven, along with the Halo 1 warthog.
Wish it was on more than two maps (360)

I just want to say that the sound system of this game is just fucking fantastic. It's marvelous. Didn't know my generic sony $600 home theater system and a 360 could give me audio like this. It's not the sound positioning that makes it great. It's the modification it gets according to the environment and distance. Damn....Well done, Dice. Well done...

Kak.efes

ColonialRaptor said:
My god... teaming up with a buddy who is using the SOFLAM is the GREATEST THING EVER when you're flying in a Jet.

People, you have to try this. It's also damn good fun being the SOFLAM driver as well.

Jesus, that is the best device in the game, best invention ever. HAHA it's great when you see jets get popped straight after dropping flares and pilots going "WTF I POPPED FLARES" HAHAH!

If this ever became problematic, as in, more people started using SOFLAM, and coordinated with tanks/jets, people would just start equipping ECM Jammer. I've yet to be target locked by SOFLAM.

CatPee

Nabs said:
So, did everyone already jump to MW3 or something?

Going by BF3Stats.com... the player population for PC increased from approximately the same time yesterday by ~10k, PS3 population increased by ~4k, and Xbox 360 population decreased by ~60k.

ColonialRaptor said:

Wait... SOFLAM works on heat seekers? I thought it was just guided missiles and javelin.

It makes no sense that it works on HEAT seekers

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
I would keep it on all the time but the damn game doesn't remember your selected camo.
Actually it seem that it does. The "issue"---which is actually not a bad feature---is that it remembers your selection not just by class, but by team and map as well. If you want to wear the same camo all the time you have to set it 2x4x9 times. :)

I don't know this to be a fact, but it explains why sometimes I'm in black camo and sometimes I'm in default.

Woo-Fu said:
Actually it seem that it does. The "issue"---which is actually not a bad feature---is that it remembers your selection not just by class, but by team and map as well. If you want to wear the same camo all the time you have to set it 2x4x9 times. :)

I don't know this to be a fact, but it explains why sometimes I'm in black camo and sometimes I'm in default.

Interesting. I actually like that, since I tend to try and pick a camo that matches the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom