• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
big_z said:
they should allow 32 players on console. there's a thread on the official forums where one of the guys from dice explains that they could do it if they sent microsoft a request to get the okay.

the game would benefit greatly if the increased the count. I thought it was bandwidth issues that didn't let them get a full 32 count on consoles?

Gui_PT

I think I just found someone using an exploit on Tehran Highway. Somehow, it's possible to get up on top of that highway that goes over the center of the map, right on top of B.

They had like 4 snipers there, just killing everyone and I don't think it's possible to kill them from the outside.

Where do I go to report this?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
big_z said:
they should allow 32 players on console. there's a thread on the official forums where one of the guys from dice explains that they could do it if they sent microsoft a request to get the okay.
Really? Did they say anything about PS3? The upped player count would be nice.

Gui_PT said:
I think I just found someone using an exploit on Tehran Highway. Somehow, it's possible to get up on top of that highway that goes over the center of the map, right on top of B.

They had like 4 snipers there, just killing everyone and I don't think it's possible to kill them from the outside.

Where do I go to report this?
exploit? you mean someone got flown up in a MAV and the others spawned on him or a beacon?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The Faceless Master said:
exploit? you mean someone got flown up in a MAV and the others spawned on him or a beacon?

Wait, the MAV elevator is still in the game? The BF wiki said it was fixed. :lol Oh, DICE...

MustacheBandit_ said:
Skyrim took a lot of pc players out of battle for a bit. They will be back!

I thought it was going to be MW3 that took my BF3 players away but it was actually Skyrim. My whole friends list is playing it.

Raide

computers putin' said:
the game would benefit greatly if the increased the count. I thought it was bandwidth issues that didn't let them get a full 32 count on consoles?

I remember them saying it was because they reserve so much for voice comms but the majority of people are now in party chat, so do they need to reserve the same amount? They could at least start testing 32 players.

aznpxdd

Uh, are you guys seriously having trouble finding games? Tons of choices of servers unless you are looking for something very specific.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
aznpxdd said:
Uh, are you guys seriously having trouble finding games? Tons of choices of servers unless you are looking for something very specific.

Console player here. I find it odd. Sometimes I check the server browser and only see 2-5 pages that are full, then after a few hours, up to 40 pages would be full. Might be a bug?

On weekends it's a pain to squad up as most of the servers are almost always full. Or there would be 4-8 players but once we join in, we can't join as a squad.

It got to the point last weekend that ALL Asian servers were friggin' full. We had to join the US servers as our alternative - Australia also had like 4 pages and they were mostly maxed out.

So, players not playing anymore or is there a time within the day that a lot of players converge?? From 4 pages of servers that are full to about 40 in a span of hours? That's weird, no?

In any case, was this the same for BC2? I seem to remember playing it at launch and there were a ton of players in it. I stopped playing it for a few months but when I came back, there were still a ton of players online.

B2K will surely rope some of the players back in. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if MW3 players were double-dipping with BF3. Gameplay are so different that it's not even comparable.

georgc

for those of you that installed the ATI 11.11 make sure that it updated to 11.11. I had a problem where I needed to uninstall and re install twice.

big_z said:

Ugh, hope they don't hold back from the PS3 version on MS' account. Coming from 256 player MAG games, BF3 maps are sometimes like a ghost town.

Milly79

excaliburps said:
Console player here. I find it odd. Sometimes I check the server browser and only see 2-5 pages that are full, then after a few hours, up to 40 pages would be full. Might be a bug?

On weekends it's a pain to squad up as most of the servers are almost always full. Or there would be 4-8 players but once we join in, we can't join as a squad.

It got to the point last weekend that ALL Asian servers were friggin' full. We had to join the US servers as our alternative - Australia also had like 4 pages and they were mostly maxed out.

So, players not playing anymore or is there a time within the day that a lot of players converge?? From 4 pages of servers that are full to about 40 in a span of hours? That's weird, no?

In any case, was this the same for BC2? I seem to remember playing it at launch and there were a ton of players in it. I stopped playing it for a few months but when I came back, there were still a ton of players online.

B2K will surely rope some of the players back in. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if MW3 players were double-dipping with BF3. Gameplay are so different that it's not even comparable.
Yeah, it's the exact same for me on the 360 with the server list.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Milly79 said:
Yeah, it's the exact same for me on the 360 with the server list.

You mean only 4 pages being populated and then after a couple of hours it will balloon to 40+? To clarify, I see it with 4-5 pages on Asia/Aus in around 4-5pm HK time.

It goes up significantly around the 8pm mark. I'm guessing people around the world asleep, no?

I'm just glad the playerbase hasn't been affected by MW3. Sure, it had an impact, but not as big as some people might have thought. Skyrim looks to be the one doing most of the cannibalizing.

Milly79

excaliburps said:
You mean only 4 pages being populated and then after a couple of hours it will balloon to 40+? To clarify, I see it with 4-5 pages on Asia/Aus in around 4-5pm HK time.

It goes up significantly around the 8pm mark. I'm guessing people around the world asleep, no?

I'm just glad the playerbase hasn't been affected by MW3. Sure, it had an impact, but not as big as some people might have thought. Skyrim looks to be the one doing most of the cannibalizing.
Yeah, but I'm using US East and South. I can refresh sometimes and the pages will go up rather than showing 1-2 pages 23/24 (sometimes less). It has to be a bug.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Milly79 said:
Yeah, but I'm using US East and South. I can refresh sometimes and the pages will go up rather than showing 1-2 pages 23/24 (sometimes less). It has to be a bug.

Ah, kinda glad to see it's not just me! :) Yeah, and we have it bad. Asian servers are sometimes only 2 pages and they're all full. Forcing us to play in games with 2 bars in the US, EU, etc.

It goes up and down drastically. I really hope EA fixes this and the squad/voip. Those are the main hassles for me and my friends. Makes squadding up a 10-15 minute process.

360 players still plentiful or has MW3 taken a lot of players out?

OldJadedGamer said:
I got my resupply medal super fast. I know the pain though when I am not playimg support. Seems no one is aware they can drop ammo.
I don't know what GAF's problem is, but on public servers (and there should be more noobs than in private ones) I always see a bunch of people playing support.
It's never underpresented.
What is, is the Repair-class and people who are able to use RPGs or Stinger...

mr_nothin

Banned
So PunkBuster/PBBans has been ON it lately. I see the chat feed filled up with "banned for aimbot" and "banned for gamehack" and "banned for wall hack". It's so bad that the latest 20 bans on the pbban website has been 95% BF3

ibiK3dtpTGv8x4.jpg

big_z

computers putin' said:

microsoft has a rule where every player has to be able to have the same experience based on the minimum high speed internet requirement they set for xbox live. it's smiliar to the every game must be playable off disc rule. internet speed like storage space has increased greatly over the last 6 years and while microsoft has flexed a little when it comes to storage the bandwidth limitation hasnt changed, most likely because no one has requested it. the dice guy made it clear it isnt a hardware or server limitation just an outdated written rule they have to follow.

considering microsoft has increased live arcade limits in the past and allows for optional game installs i dont see them saying no to dice if they asked to go past the artificial bandwidth limit. theres no reason they couldnt offer both 24 and 32 player servers either.

right now it just seems like dice are too lazy to make a phone call.

Really? Did they say anything about PS3? The upped player count would be nice.

i was reading this on their xbox forum but the same for sony holds true. if sony allowed for 32 players then microsoft has to as well as per their TOS saying the xbox version must offer the same features as the competition.

red731

Hellcrow said:
Has anyone found a fix for frequent random crashes in MP? Everytime it happens, I don't feel to play the game for several days.

Have you tried turning it on and off?

On a serious note - set origin.exe and bf3.exe to run as a admin in the right click properties menu in compatibilty.

big_z said:
microsoft has a rule where every player has to be able to have the same experience based on the minimum high speed internet requirement they set for xbox live. it's smiliar to the every game must be playable off disc rule. internet speed like storage space has increased greatly over the last 6 years and while microsoft has flexed a little when it comes to storage the bandwidth limitation hasnt changed, most likely because no one has requested it. the dice guy made it clear it isnt a hardware or server limitation just an outdated written rule they have to follow.

considering microsoft has increased live arcade limits in the past and allows for optional game installs i dont see them saying no to dice if they asked to go past the artificial bandwidth limit. theres no reason they couldnt offer both 24 and 32 player servers either.

right now it just seems like dice are too lazy to make a phone call.

i was reading this on their xbox forum but the same for sony holds true. if sony allowed for 32 players then microsoft has to as well as per their TOS saying the xbox version must offer the same features as the competition.
more like if Sony allows 32, MS says "no, we aren't lifting the limit" and doesn't let the game pass cert.

MS has bended and broken many of their own rules for devs, but never their bandwidth limit.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Jesus! Can random players be anymore retarded? People not giving meds/ammos are to be expected but why is it that random asshats use the Recon/Support class insist on driving tanks even though they suck with it?

No one uses the thermals or even repairs it. Whenever I use a tank in Rush, I preserve it. Call me cheap but my method translates to wins. I already have 700+ kills in tanks and these asshats always make a beeline to the nearest tank, only to have it blown up in mere seconds or when we're defending, go in and attack the attacker's base.

I can deal with jets, but people using tanks are 80-90 percent worthless.

mcrae

The Faceless Master said:
more like if Sony allows 32, MS says "no, we aren't lifting the limit" and doesn't let the game pass cert.

MS has bended and broken many of their own rules for devs, but never their bandwidth limit.

doesnt let the game past cert? not sure entirely what that means cause im not aware of the industry practices, (though i know cert stands for certification)

but why wouldnt dice just go "ok" and continue 24p on xbox, but up it to 32 on ps3?

red731

Daigoro said:
its "off and on", not the other way around Moss. :p

I won't even edit that first post. I will remember it is off and on forever. T.t..thanks :D

Also...support medics? Support "ammoers" you've meant?

Raide

EVIL said:
wait wut? assault are the medics.

Are they? *laughs* Just me being daft then. Still desperate to play BF3 but still not had the chance.

It sounds odd calling them Assault Medics. I was frontline Medic in BC2, so I doubt war has changed that much. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom