• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

ever since the patch i've noticed two things:

1. I'm getting mutual kills for the first time (IE: I kill a guy and he kills me at the same time).

2. I try to spawn on a jet or some air vehicle, but if someone barely gets it before me I somehow spawn right on top of the vehicle.

haha so I'm not the only one. noticed the same things

For whatever reason PunkBuster has decided to be a complete twat today, kicking me from every server after >5 minutes.

None of the fixes on the Battlelog boards do jack shit (reinstalling/updating/manually updating) so I'm pretty much fucked for the time being. Why any company in the world continues to use that god awful service is beyond me.

Also, did we ever get a fix, or confirmation, that loading times were bugged on ATi cards? They were fine in the beta, but retail has been jacked.

Jas

ever since the patch i've noticed two things:

1. I'm getting mutual kills for the first time (IE: I kill a guy and he kills me at the same time).

2. I try to spawn on a jet or some air vehicle, but if someone barely gets it before me I somehow spawn right on top of the vehicle.

Yeah, it's been happening to me too.

HotHamWater said:
Also, did we ever get a fix, or confirmation, that loading times were bugged on ATi cards? They were fine in the beta, but retail has been jacked.

My load times were actually pretty good before the last patch.(have a 5870) But after it's been awful, hopefully it gets fixed soon.

ElyrionX

Why is PS3 getting B2K before everyone else?

EDIT: Also, did anyone post the release date of B2K on the main forum? New thread for new news? I kind of missed it when this thread got updated.

what kind of problems? moving around and shooting?

you just have to keep playing until you get used to it. try playing some single player and/or co-op instead of jumping into multiplayer.

Some people are getting really bad input lag in the PS3 version of BF3, so if you're suffering from that then you're not at fault in terms of the suckiness. But in terms of using a controller for FPS in general, it's just a matter of gradually getting used to it, there's no magic bullet unfortunately. It doesn't take too long though.

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely keep trying, as I'm having lots of fun, but yeah, the main issue is shooting. I can never seem to keep the gun straight or as straight as possible. I've played a little COD:MW on PC and obviously the M/KB setup is much easier to get used to, so this is new to me.

Zeppelin

How do you guys feel about the PDWs? I've been playing around some with the AS VAL and the UMP-45 and I can't say I've found them advantageous in any situations thus far.

Right chaps. I'm going to complete the last two co-op missions soon. But after that I never want to play them again. So shame me as it might, is there a way to boost them? Cause I want those guns but don't want to put the effort in. I've got all the MP unlocks and want to continue putting my time in to MP.

How do you guys feel about the PDWs? I've been playing around some with the AS VAL and the UMP-45 and I can't say I've found them advantageous in any situations thus far.
I loved the UMP and the PDW-R. Wasn't bothered about the P-90.

GodofWine

Thanks, guys. I'll definitely keep trying, as I'm having lots of fun, but yeah, the main issue is shooting. I can never seem to keep the gun straight or as straight as possible. I've played a little COD:MW on PC and obviously the M/KB setup is much easier to get used to, so this is new to me.

Drop the sensitivity setting down, helped me

Because of the complete lack of recoil of the better AR's during auto fire, it really makes PDW's seem like shit. For CQC it's easier to just be running around with an assault rifle holding down the trigger and spray killing anyone in a room. The PDW's all have shorter range and power. The point of them is supposed to be superior short/mid range combat, but the AR's and carbines are pretty much superior in all ranges.

They are adding in more recoil when you full auto or accuracy penalties with the next part for PC and likely the other versions of the game, so hopefully this will stop people with the F2000 from simply walking into a room holding the trigger down and slaughtering the place, and force people to burst/semi auto there kills at range.

Problem though it seems to be a blanket nerf to full auto, which will also just affect the PDW's when they should not, they should be superior auto weapon up close, they already are crap at long range.

I'll repost this part (it got stuck at the bottom of the page). Can anyone confirm that health in Hardcore is actually still 60%, but is now 100% of the normal 60%? Or is it just 100%? Which would be dumb!

And has anyone, who hasn't unlocked all the co-op guns, found they now have them!? I only unlocked 2 of them and today I've got all, but one (the G3A3), free guns...excellent :D

I'll repost this part (it got stuck at the bottom of the page). Can anyone confirm that health in Hardcore is actually still 60%, but is now 100% of the normal 60%? Or is it just 100%? Which would be dumb!

And has anyone, who hasn't unlocked all the co-op guns, found they now have them!? I only unlocked 2 of them and today I've got all, but one (the G3A3), free guns...excellent :D

I have no idea about the hardcore numbers, despite playing HC pretty much exclusively.

Are you on PS3? IIRC the recent patch (which PC gets on the 6th) reduces the amount of co-op xp you need for the various weapons. So it's possible the amount you had pre-patch was enough to unlock all of them post-patch.

So it's not a glitch then, ace :)

Before the patch, Hardcore was 60% health, now it's 100%, so I'm guessing it is still 60% health, but they've made it 100% of that 60%, so that 1% in Hardcore is now actually 0.6% of 60%. Simple really :D

Played a match of Rush on Caspian Boarder, racked up points like a mad man and then everything froze.

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!

6264.jpg

Virzeth

I tried to ride one a la Dr. Strangelove yesterday. Couldn't get off the ground because DICE makes the vehicles WHOMG NO *THROW* you. :(
It happened to me twice, the first time I just fell through the jet as soon as it started moving, but the second time I kind of glitched inside it until the takeoff... and then my soldier was thrown at top speed against a mountain. Brilliant.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
people don't want to Stinger MAVs or Counter Mortar Mortars though, they just want to complain instead.

Well, I can understand complaining but if you aren't going to Stinger or attempt to shoot it and focus on enemies instead of helping your team... well... you deserve to be roadkilled. *shrug*

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, I can understand complaining but if you aren't going to Stinger or attempt to shoot it and focus on enemies instead of helping your team... well... you deserve to be roadkilled. *shrug*

Because it's so fun to equip a stinger on a map like Metro?

Didn't the PS3 patch include a nerf to the MAV's ability to roadkill people?

Like the PS3 patch, I'd bet there are some fixes not included in the PC patch notes to get it to where the PS3 is, as well.

TheSeks

Because it's so fun to equip a stinger on a map like Metro?

Helping the team? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

There is so many ways to take the MAV out. Half those people were too preoccupied with DERP POINTS BODIES that not one person decided to go "okay, maybe we need to shoot/Stinger the MAV that keeps mowing us down." It isn't the MAV persons fault they couldn't reach him.

Didn't the PS3 patch include a nerf to the MAV's ability to roadkill people?

If it did, I'm not seeing it as I just roadkilled a person with the MAV not even an hour ago.

Deadly

There is so many ways to take the MAV out. Half those people were too preoccupied with DERP POINTS BODIES that not one person decided to go "okay, maybe we need to shoot/Stinger the MAV that keeps mowing us down." It isn't the MAV persons fault they couldn't reach him.
Exactly this. In open maps, I almost always take out my stinger to shoot it down. In metro though it shouldn't even be hard to take it out. You see it coming and all you need to do is strafe and boom boom boom. Shotguns are especially effective too.

I love taking a MAV out with the stingers…their incessant buzzing drives me insane, if I'm not an engineer when I come across one, the next time I respawn I usually make it my mission to take that thing out.

What did they do to nerf the mortar exactly? I do love the fact that post patch they'll actually tell you if you're doing damage with the mortar now. Before I could never tell if I was really doing anything with them.
~50% slower reload, as well as slower shell drop. It should seriously discourage camp spamming.

eek5

Helping the team? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Did they nerf the ability to get another MAV from an ammo crate? If not, they'll just keep coming. It's almost better to ignore them at that point imo.

redhot_

I find myself feeling that there is actually more bad players then good players that play this game(PS3).

Anyway.. Did they do something with the flares on choppers? A friend and I were flying around tonight like usual and kept getting nailed with rockets even though I blew my flares in time. I know there is that trick if your in a jet you don't fire your rockets till you get close, but these were coming from the ground and it wasn't a tank with guided shells, just some dude and a chopper on one occasion.

Well I didn't see anything about this yet so I will just leave this here. New patch details. It says its releasing on the PC on the 6th. I would just like to know if this is the same patch we are getting on consoles on the same day.

Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.
Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.
Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.
Now that I have unlocked some of these I don't know how I feel anymore lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Did they nerf the ability to get another MAV from an ammo crate? If not, they'll just keep coming. It's almost better to ignore them at that point imo.

I think this is the biggest issue, particularly when it comes to the roadkills with it on Metro. You can constantly get a new one, fly it into 1-2 people, get it killed. Rinse repeat ad nauseum. And because the distance is so short and close quarters its almost easier to do it than to fly it around for multiple passes.

Maybe have the resupply on a slower timer so you actually have to care for it?

scogoth

I think this is the biggest issue, particularly when it comes to the roadkills with it on Metro. You can constantly get a new one, fly it into 1-2 people, get it killed. Rinse repeat ad nauseum. And because the distance is so short and close quarters its almost easier to do it than to fly it around for multiple passes.

Maybe have the resupply on a slower timer so you actually have to care for it?

Another solution, use the MAV on metro with splinter and I or even better don't play metro.

TheSeks

No, but that's why you get a support to resupply your Stinger. *gasp* Teamwork, how does it work?

MAV in Metro may be annoying but it isn't unstoppable. I'd honestly rather take someone attempting to roadkill (and if they're good, my hats off to them) as it's easier to deal with than someone WAAAAY in the back of their invincible/out of bounds spawn spamming Mortars. I can run my ass in there and suicide die for the team, but there is times where they're further back than the 10 second count down and I can't reach them in time. Stupid, as is counter-mortar that doesn't reach there.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
100 hours in!

Just uninstalled the game.

It's just boiled down to base rape on every server :\ If competent admins were around, might be diff, but apparently every server really wants one team to camp the uncaps. It's just so frustrating to see every level 40+ switch teams to team stack.

mr_nothin

Banned
100 hours in!

It's just boiled down to base rape on every server :\ If competent admins were around, might be diff, but apparently every server really wants one team to camp the uncaps. It's just so frustrating to see every level 40+ switch teams to team stack.

Blame that 1 on DICE. I don't know what else there is to do if we have all the flags. Are we supposed to let you capture 1 flag or something? If the uncaps were capable (at least when all other flags were captured) then the game would end much sooner and we would have less base camping.

Makoto

100 hours in!

Though I understand why you uninstalled, I would have waited for B2K. It's true, a lot of times matches in this game (and BC2) just boil down to domination by the team with the highest average amount of high ranked players. Conquest Assault is actually very ideal for these situations and should alleviate a lot of the "Well, we/they took over every point, what do we do now?" syndrome that matches have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom