• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrid

Banned
AllIsOneIsNone said:
If you have the pc version and you're manually selecting a server, yes. The server has the label "PB" or something on the right side. Black if it's enabled and in gray if its not. More than that I don't know.

Thanks. I was purposely picking Punkbuster enabled servers but I don't recall if the icon was black or grey.

Drewsky

And how do I get the Gamestop preorder bonuses? I only saw one code that came with my game and that was for Online Pass and Karkand.

Daigoro

wtf is up with this best Buy pre-order code?

it says its for the dog tag bundle when i enter the code. thought it was supposed to be the SPECACT skins?

Nostalgia~4ever said:
Thankfully every reviewer is praising multiplayer.

With good reason. The maps, the gameplay, the graphics - all brilliant. I love how the maps are designed to bring your team together, almost forcing you to work as a group to overcome the enemy threat. There are some exciting bottleneck scenarios that pop-up on these levels.

ss_lemonade

Hallelujah!

photo02265oi9.jpg

My problem now is I'm stuck with my copy at work for 9 hours. Fuck!

Nabs

kendrid said:
Does the game show you anywhere that punkbuster is enabled? I got kicked twice last night and I don't cheat (and I was doing good). Maybe my punkbuster isnt' working.

I'm not having this problem, but it's definitely punkbuster. "Kicked by an Admin" has been happening since the beta. You could reinstall punkbuster (pbsvc.exe) from the BF3 install folder (Origin Games\Battlefield 3)and see if that helps.

kendrid

Banned
Nabs said:
I'm not having this problem, but it's definitely punkbuster. "Kicked by an Admin" has been happening since the beta. You could reinstall punkbuster (pbsvc.exe) from the BF3 install folder (Origin Games\Battlefield 3)and see if that helps.

Thank you for the detail. I will give it a try when I get home from work.

Phandy

Only a small thing, but one thing that REEEALLLY is annoying me.

When you click 'invert' flight controls: Thats only for helicopters. There doesnt appear to be a way to invert flight controls for the planes. I actually spent along time learning to fly on bf2 with m+kb, so it pretty means I cannot fly jets at all in BF3 so far.

Am I wrong? Please someone tell me if I'm missing something.

ToyD

Neo Member
I shall be excited when I finally get to play this evening. Spent yesterday setting up my battlelog from work, then jealously reading about folks playing while I entertained family. I am so ready to see some more maps from beta. So excited. I really dug caspian border, so I hope more are like that.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
bloodydrake said:
Does anyone see away to change the commo rose to another key then Q?
I dont' see an option in the key configuration for PC. I use Q for Strafe Left

So it appears there is a bug you can bind Spot/Communications to any key but it doesn't unbind from Q. Since it disables mouse movements while active you can't just ignore it.

Anyone found an INI file or workaround for this?

mcrae

1. at what point can you leave a match and still retain your earned points?
2. can grenades kill enemies after you are dead?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Heading out to pick up my copy now. I'm going to wait until my new headphones arrive to start it up though. They should be here in a couple hours.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

How do I unlock this early? What specific VPN do I need?

Atomski

mcrae said:
1. at what point can you leave a match and still retain your earned points?
2. can grenades kill enemies after you are dead?
1. Pretty sure you have to wait till the end of a match.. but not certain.
2. Yes I have done this a few times so far in multiplayer.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
EatChildren said:
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

From op

Unlocking BF3 early via Korean Proxy.
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

EatChildren said:
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

Have you tried this one? And its still early for you?

1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

Edit: beaten

Cudder

Cod player turned Battlefield noob here. Played a few games on PS3 and I like it a lot, but damn there are so many icons on the screen and HUD..its a bit confusing but I'm sure ill get the hang of it!

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
EatChildren said:
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port
*ninja edit*

Is what i used.
But my friend used a Hide My Ip Program.

Gav47

EatChildren said:
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

Mines still downloading but sign up for a account and download the software here http://anonymitynetwork.com/
Close Origin
Connect to a US server
Open Origin
Unlock (maybe connect to a multiplayer match to be sure)
Exit game
Close VPN
Profit??

Edit: Other method look way easier, I was just going by what I usually do when I want to activate something on Steam early.

Sanic

EatChildren said:
PEOPLE WITH SMARTS

Keep in mind that the proxy listed in the few posts above mine wasn't working for me about 12 hours ago, and I had to search around and go through 6-7 proxy's before I could find one that did.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So is the campaign really as bad as some reviews have suggested? I thought it looked pretty appealing and a bit more subdued than the typical CoD experiences.

SLV

Anything wrong with this punkbuster report ?
I can play on servers that dont have Punkbuster without issues ;(

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.991) (10/25/11 16:53:11)
Checking OS
Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1034)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
"C:\Users\Armijs\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
OK
Checking firewall settings OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 10874 (ms) Version = v1034
Getting PnkBstrB install instance OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 15912 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (3) CHANGED (4)
Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
Response = 3760 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK

----------------------------------
Tests finished.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Metro Conquest is the dumbest shit ever lol, pretty much impossible for US to win also.

SLV said:
Anything wrong with this punkbuster report ?
I can play on servers that dont have Punkbuster without issues ;(

Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.991) (10/25/11 16:53:11)
Checking OS
Windows NT 6.1 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1034)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
"C:\Users\Armijs\AppData\Roaming\PnkBstrB.exe"
OK
Checking firewall settings OFF
Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrA.exe NO
Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe NO
Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 10874 (ms) Version = v1034
Getting PnkBstrB install instance OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 15912 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (3) CHANGED (4)
Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
Response = 3760 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB STOPPED
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK

----------------------------------
Tests finished.
Someone posted list of ports that need to be manually added to firewall exception list.

SLV

shagg_187 said:
Someone posted list of ports that need to be manually added to firewall exception list.

Any idea wich page that could be ?

NWM, found it, and that is a lot of ports...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Cudder said:
Cod player turned Battlefield noob here. Played a few games on PS3 and I like it a lot, but damn there are so many icons on the screen and HUD..its a bit confusing but I'm sure ill get the hang of it!
Take things slower. Assess situations before running out. Also, try to help in multiple ways (suppress, heal, repair, capture and defend). It can be overwhelming, but once you learn to process the info, the needle is in.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Every other server I try to join "Battlefield 3 has stopped working".

It's easy enough to "Close Program Now" and relaunch but it's getting a tad bit annoying.

EDIT: OH ALSO, what keyboard key is it to get an overlay of the Scoreboard?

So, how do you actually select a squad with the fancy new interface. Sure, it's to see who is in which squad, but I still can only seem to pick one at random. I hope I am just missing something.

dark10x said:
So is the campaign really as bad as some reviews have suggested? I thought it looked pretty appealing and a bit more subdued than the typical CoD experiences.

The campaign is essentially another MW and features same kind of jumping story telling CoD uses. Linear scripted shooter that feels like a CoD campaign. The story is not as crazy bonkers as the MW games are turning out to be, but it does go for action movie style of cinematic action.

It's not a bad campaign, but really it's pretty forgettable short stuff a person is used too in these shooters nowadays, as most people will only be talking about the MP after the first week. Visuals and audio are fantastic and make it worth at least a playthrough.

Campaign being called "bad", well it's as bad as any other CoD campaign really.

Mit- said:
I think I'm just going to have to accept that the level of teamwork and cooperation in this game is simply never going to match that of Battlefield 2. Everything about it seems to promote "run to nearest orange square and shoot."

- The only way to see the entire map is zoom out on the minimap and enlarge the minimap
- No squad leaders
- Because there's no squad leaders, you have no idea what squads are where on the map
- No squad management because there's no squad leaders
- NO VOICE CHAT UNLESS YOU'RE FRIENDS
- ^^abso-fuckin-lutely absurd

Press N to adjust the size/scale of the minimap.

Every squad should have a squad leader--if you don't, it's a bug. It's idiotic how you can't pick the leader.

The voice chat situation is ridiculous.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Menelaus said:
Tab, just like every online shooter of ever

Cool thanks. This is like my first online FPS since joining the master race.

edit: Well except BC2 for the past couple of weeks to train on KB/M skills.

Grenades in this game are still silly. I guess they fixed the tree catching fiasco, but cooking either needs to be enabled or they need to decrease detonation time by at least a second. I'm still getting kills from them, but I think they could be much more useful. Also, this game is so awesome graphically, yet the grenades don't even spin (or move when they hit the ground) which would be okay if there wasn't a light attached the top that gives it the effect that its just floating. A minor issue, but a tad annoying.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thanks guys, but all methods keep reporting 'Release date check failed' in origin :(.

Cudder

DenogginizerOS said:
Take things slower. Assess situations before running out. Also, try to help in multiple ways (suppress, heal, repair, capture and defend). It can be overwhelming, but once you learn to process the info, the needle is in.
One thing I was confused by, was that attachments on my gun would appear or diaappear when I spawned, and I didn't put any on or take them off. Kinda weird, or maybe it was something that I was doing that I wasn't aware of.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
dark10x said:
It's boring, horribly scripted and has maybe 45 minutes of worthwhile content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom