• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting for new page, bolded is really helpful if people are having trouble with the minimap:

Mit- said:
I think I'm just going to have to accept that the level of teamwork and cooperation in this game is simply never going to match that of Battlefield 2. Everything about it seems to promote "run to nearest orange square and shoot."

- The only way to see the entire map is zoom out on the minimap and enlarge the minimap
- No squad leaders
- Because there's no squad leaders, you have no idea what squads are where on the map
- No squad management because there's no squad leaders
- NO VOICE CHAT UNLESS YOU'RE FRIENDS
- ^^abso-fuckin-lutely absurd

Press N to adjust the size/scale of the minimap.

Every squad should have a squad leader--if you don't, it's a bug. It's idiotic how you can't pick the leader.

The voice chat situation is ridiculous.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Cudder said:
One thing I was confused by, was that attachments on my gun would appear or diaappear when I spawned, and I didn't put any on or take them off. Kinda weird, or maybe it was something that I was doing that I wasn't aware of.
In the Beta, when you switched sides, you would also switch primary guns. Since each gun has its own unlock requirements, you may have not unlocked attachments or you haven't assigned them. Check your load-outs.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Forgot how awesome it is to hit a Heli with an RPG.
EatChildren said:
Thanks guys, but all methods keep reporting 'Release date check failed' in origin :(.
Use PlatinumHideIP, worked perfectly for me.

SLV

shagg_187 said:
Awesome. Don't mind requoting it for others to see.

Sure:

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ [portforward.com] or contact your router manufacturer.

Although after enabling all these ports in my router, Punkbuster still connects to localhost >_> Isnt it supposed to connect to somewhere else, as i have no idea how it should work. Will try if ports actually helped anything, had no issues in BFBC2 :/

Still the same, even with ports opened i got kicked...

ToyD

Neo Member
Mr. Snrub said:
Reposting for new page, bolded is really helpful if people are having trouble with the minimap:

Press N to adjust the size/scale of the minimap.

Every squad should have a squad leader--if you don't, it's a bug. It's idiotic how you can't pick the leader.

The voice chat situation is ridiculous.

The squad leader thing baffles me. You can't choose squad leader, but you never know if you are one until you try to give an order. In BC2, anyone could give orders which was GREAT! Hardly anyone gives orders which is balls because you get GREAT points for it.

TheContact

I hope they hold off on Back to Karkand for a bit. Let players get used to the already existing maps before you start dumping more maps on them. Plus, it'll make the Back to Karkand maps feel more special because people will be wanting new maps when it's offered to them, rather than just throw everything at them day one.

ToyD

Neo Member
DenogginizerOS said:
In the Beta, when you switched sides, you would also switch primary guns. Since each gun has its own unlock requirements, you may have not unlocked attachments or you haven't assigned them. Check your load-outs.

Also, gun unlocks are seperate for the factions. If you swap factions, you have to re-unlock the attachments for that faction's guns.

SLV

Well i guess its non Punkbuster proofed servers for me for the time beeing ;(
And there are like only 2 public non punk buster servers, one is laggy, the other is constantly full... FML

Is there a thread for Console players to meet up or discuss the games mutiplayer.

This thread is mostly PC players discussing problems with the game, settings or getting it to run. Maybe 1 out of every 25 post relates to discussing the game or its console version.

The old BFBC2 thread was great, was like 75% PS3 GAF'ers discussing the game, meet ups, etc..

Dont get me wrong, I not hating on the single player and PC experience (Played well over 2000 hours of BF2) but it would be nice to see some chat or discuss meet ups and such with fellow console users.
Did everyone jump ship to PC lol?! Wheres all the guys on the PS3 who dominated the old BFBC2 thread lol.

Off/on topic: All this PC talk has me thinking about picking it up...but I'm not sure how I will fare with being able to run it. Heres what I have in my PC..

Intell Core i7 920 @ 2.67
Ram: 6GB
Vistas 64bit
Not 100% sure on my vid card, it does say Radeon HD 4800 series. Think its the 4870? Not to sure :(

On top of that...my Keyboard and Mouse are old stock Dell ones I had laying around..and they suck...so I would most likely have to invest in a new KB/M setup if the game is like the old BF2 days where people with $200 KB's with Macros and on the fly sensitivity setting Mouses.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Thanks for the other IPs guys. I've tried them, but they still dont work. Origin isn't even reporting that the unlock date is incorrect, just that the unlock flat out failed. I wonder if its a software error.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stallion Free said:
It's boring, horribly scripted and has maybe 45 minutes of worthwhile content.
Wow, that bad huh? How does it stack up to a typical Call of Duty campaign?

Juancho9 said:
Anybody come across any cheaters ingame?

I thought I saw one guy clipping/shooting through a wall. Not sure if it was a cheat or a glitch.

dark10x said:

I'm one of the few who loves the COD campaigns and this doesn't hold a candle to it. COD sequences are a lot more fun - simple as that.

darkwing

Pkm said:
Is there a thread for Console players to meet up or discuss the games mutiplayer.

This thread is mostly PC players discussing problems with the game, settings or getting it to run. Maybe 1 out of every 25 post relates to discussing the game or its console version.

The old BFBC2 thread was great, was like 75% PS3 GAF'ers discussing the game, meet ups, etc..

Dont get me wrong, I not hating on the single player and PC experience (Played well over 2000 hours of BF2) but it would be nice to see some chat or discuss meet ups and such with fellow console users.
Did everyone jump ship to PC lol?! Wheres all the guys on the PS3 who dominated the old BFBC2 thread lol.

Off/on topic: All this PC talk has me thinking about picking it up...but I'm not sure how I will fare with being able to run it. Heres what I have in my PC..

Intell Core i7 920 @ 2.67
Ram: 6GB
Vistas 64bit
Not 100% sure on my vid card, it does say Radeon HD 4800 series. Think its the 4870? Not to sure :(

On top of that...my Keyboard and Mouse are old stock Dell ones I had laying around..and they suck...so I would most likely have to invest in a new KB/M setup if the game is like the old BF2 days where people with $200 KB's with Macros and on the fly sensitivity setting Mouses.

peasants are here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=449638 :]

dark10x said:

The haters of the campaign are exaggerating a lot. It is just like your typical FPS campaign, story is silly but there are some great set pieces and fun gunplay.

Chaplain

SLV said:
Sure:If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

Would I still have to do this if I didn't have a problem connecting with the PS3 or 360 beta?

dark10x said:

It really isn't, it's just like any other typical CoD campaign, perhaps not as spastic action packed. If you think CoD campaigns are crappy, then this is likely going to be crappy to you as well. Short, scripted, linear, silly.... pretty much same crap.

If you love the MW storylines and pacing, then this might seem slow to you and not as fun.

Found it pretty shitty as with all the CoD campaigns, but always give these campaigns a try at least once since they are beatable in one sitting.

SLV

Game Analyst said:
Would I still have to do this if I didn't have a problem connecting with the PS3 or 360 beta?

Well, i had no beta or alpha issues, but here they are on Retail, and port enebaling didnt help one bit -_- PC, though

Stallion Free said:
It's boring, horribly scripted and has maybe 45 minutes of worthwhile content.

Are those 45 minutes of worthwhile content close enough to the beginning? I've only played the first 20 minutes, and it seems like it's DICE's worst campaign yet.

TouchMyBox said:
Are those 45 minutes of worthwhile content close enough to the beginning? I've only played the first 20 minutes, and it seems like it's DICE's worst campaign yet.

Dude you bought the game. Don't play it if you aren't interested. Why are you seeking our advice whether or not to play a game you already purchased? Haha

KingOfKong said:
Dude you bought the game. Don't play it if you aren't interested. Why are you seeking our advice whether or not to play a game you already purchased? Haha

Because playing through it felt like torture. ;)

I'm willing to endure torture for a little bit if I think that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow somewhere.

darkwing said:

LOL, ok then, just found it..stupid me. Check community section right after I posted :)

Well besides that, if I choose to become a PC-elite player do I have a set up able to play?

I'm not PC savvy so if I need to upgrade anything to me that means "buy a new PC"...
So can I make the jump to the PC version with my specs?

Hopefully I can cause as it stands just to play I'll need to buy the game plus a new KB/mouse.

TouchMyBox said:
Because playing through it felt like torture. ;)

Then stop playing it? Multi is fantastic, go play that. Not trying to sound like a dick but if you were basing your decision to buy this game soley based on the single player campaign then I would tell you to just rent it. But you already bought it so that isnt the case. Since you alReady bought it, play it someday when you are bored so you are getting more bang for the buck you already spent.

Not sure how the PC version is but I know that one thing I LOVED in BF2 was the ability to turn off/on map icons with a single button press. You know, after a while everyone learns where every base is and its damn intrusive to try to shoot people with a BIG blue icon telling you where a MCOM/Flag is.
Looks as if the console version, I might be wrong, still doesnt have the option to turn off/on icons on the fly.

So what's the difference between Conquest and Conquest Large (in the server filter)? Is it just player count, or are the maps actually different?

After a short session yesterday.

Damavant Conquest: okay level
Firestorm Conquest: kinda meh
Caspian Conquest: Great!
Caspian Rush: okay
Seine Crossing Conquest: Nice (Playes a bit like that BC1 river map)
Seine Crossing Rush: meh (only saw first part)

Bradach

noise36 said:
Proxy method works 100% and is the easiest. Posted it back a page or so.
is there any downside to doing this? is there a risk that my account could be banned or anything? (sorry for the noob questions)

Chaplain

PjotrStroganov said:
After a short session yesterday.

Damavant Conquest: okay level
Firestorm Conquest: kinda meh
Caspian Conquest: Great!
Caspian Rush: okay
Seine Crossing Conquest: Nice (Playes a bit like that BC1 river map)
Seine Crossing Rush: meh (only saw first part)

Are the maps just as fun as the maps from Bad Company 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom