• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.R.K

LiquidMetal14 said:
How the hell does DICE mess up the PS3 chat again? It's been like this with ALL the BF games on PS3. I believe patches fixed that but how do you not have the code in place to not have issues by now?

unbelievable that some devs are still struggling to have proper voice chat on PS3 after all these years...I can understand this being the case in the early years of PS3, but now this is almost criminal

Any word from them they will patch the PS3 version soon? because in its current state this sounds like same problems that we had in the beta. So much for day 1 patch promises.

Can you get rid of the stupid startup logos the old fashioned way? And also, why do they still do this?

ElyrionX said:
Yeah Battlelog annoyed me at first but after a day of getting used to it. I like it. The server browser in BF2 was one of my biggest complaint with the game and this is a huge step up over that piece of crap.
It's better in some ways. But it's kind of sucky for switching servers. "Initializing....logging in....joining....optimizing shaders..."
With an in-game server browser you skip all that and go immediately to "loading level..."

On a sidenote, this launch has gone surprisingly smoothly in my experience. Was expecting complete pandemonium for the first week at least.

*reads above posts*
lol

Keasar

Awesome, finally got my BF3 in the mail. :D

2 days ahead of release in europe...

So~, that Korean VPN thingie, did it work for europeans too?

Nabs

Dries said:
Bought the game in the store, but can't play it because Origin says: ''the game is not officieally released yet''.

WTF

I'm guessing the game is officially out this Friday for you guys? You can use a proxy to bypass that. Check the OP if you're interested.

Kerub

Banned
Stupid question, if I preorder this on Origin (europe date is 27 oct), does it unlock at this midnight or some time tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

Absinthe

PoweredBySoy said:
You know what I love about this game - the discreet spotting system. It's really the single most reason why I didn't care for Bad Company 2, was that when you spotted someone it painted them with an orange diamond which tracked them for like 5 seconds, even if they went behind cover. It was stupid. Battlefield 3 seems to have struck a nice compromise. Spotting is still extremely useful, but at the same allows someone to escape it.

So true, the wall hack in BFBC2 was what bothered me the most in that game.

Now it's near perfect. Sometimes I will see someone and cannot "spot" them, but that's been rare.

So i was able to get into an A-10 on Caspian Border Rush on PS3...has anyone else noticed that the screen shakes like crazy for no reason in the cockpit view?!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dries said:
Btw, where did this ''Be advised'' come from?

"Be advised, there is an uh, enemy tank in your vicinity."

"Be advised, there is an enemy sniper in your AO."

"Be advised, we just lost the point over."

"Be advised, etc."

Woo-Fu

Banned
I just played through all the co-op missions with a friend, I think they're getting a bum rap. We had plenty of fun. With the competition meta game on top if it and the unlocks there is even some replayability here.

fucking co-op QTE at the end of last mission, whose bright idea was that?

Dries

Haha really? I never noticed that. Thanks for filling me in, lol.

Edit: Actually...... when I think about it.. It's true haha

Nabs

Keasar said:
Thanks alot, will try it once I get the game downloaded (DVD driver is slow, so I just download it from Origin instead).
Edit: Hm, that link just throws me to the mainpage of overclockers. :p
use the proxy info in the op. it'll take 2 seconds and you won't have to download anything.

Pete Rock said:
Has something changed, or is there some type of "matchmaking" other than slots available on the servers for you and your squad? I don't remember Rank or the abstracted Skill Level being a factor in determining what games you entered in any of the past BF games.

I thought previous games were balanced. But yeah, the dedicated servers throw MM out the window. I personally like seeing people's real rank because if I'm a level 10 and get constantly killed by 50's I'll just leave the game and find another with people closer to my skill level. I'm not a fan of fighting the teenager living at home with nothing better to do then to spend all day playing the game.

Arcipello

Red Blaster said:
Fucking hell DICE, could you make the join squad button any harder to see?

yeah i noticed that too, also i want to be able to NAME a squad so i can bring back the TEAMWORK squads from BF2

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Alienshogun said:
I may double dip if origin does a black friday sale.

Anyone think it will happen?
Maybe a small sale this year. Unless you want to try IntKeys like I did and get the SE for 35. I'm playing it and it's legit. My first time trying that.

Woo-Fu

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
I'm not a fan of fighting the teenager living at home with nothing better to do then to spend all day playing the game.

As long as they do that and aren't teenagers you're OK with it, though?

J-Rzez

Wow is the mortar amazing for clearing a path. I have a bad feeling though that in the not so distant future, on especially any city type map, these things are going to be everywhere.

Also, anyone who pre-ordered from BestBuy, did you get your email for the skins pack yet? I didn't see any codes on the receipts, and I believe I was told I'd get an email with it in there.

Ramirez

OldJadedGamer said:
I thought previous games were balanced. But yeah, the dedicated servers throw MM out the window. I personally like seeing people's real rank because if I'm a level 10 and get constantly killed by 50's I'll just leave the game and find another with people closer to my skill level. I'm not a fan of fighting the teenager living at home with nothing better to do then to spend all day playing the game.

Because there's no possible way it could be a normal every day guy who is just better than you!

iNvid02

looking good

bf3_2011_10_25_20_15_47eau.png

iNvid02

Progmetal said:
What a piece of shit that you have to buy a online pass if more than one user wants to play my game at home. Frack you EA!

a console pass (at least on ps3) should let all user accounts on the system play online.

Red Blaster said:
Fucking hell DICE, could you make the join squad button any harder to see?

It's pretty clear that the squad management was added/designed based on beta feedback and wasn't originally planned. The Join button is just ugly/out of place.

What I don't really understand is why DICE seems to make these same stupid mistakes with EVERY MP game they release.

Why can't I view my ping? Why did they think we would NOT want to be able to pick and choose our squads? Why can we not designate/choose a squad leader? Why did they not think that people would want VOIP or some way to communicate with people in pub games? Why did they not think that joystick support in a vehicle-heavy game, would not be wanted?

These are different questions than "Why are there no mod tools", because you could argue that mod tools take up dev time or even that mods clash with their DLC scheme, but these are just baffling, and some of them have been repeated, game-after-game.

In spite of this, MP is still a fucking blast. Seine is kinda growing on me, at least when you have a good team, but still feels a bit chokepoint heavy.

I feel like half of Damavand is wasted. I REALLY wish they had just scrapped the tunnel idea and worked with the map some more. The entire playground of vehicles, buildings, all that verticality, is usually wasted because half the battle is in the tunnels.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Progmetal said:
What a piece of shit that you have to buy a online pass if more than one user wants to play my game at home. Frack you EA!

Welcome to the Brave new World of Gaming.

But all Systems on PC like Steam or Origin all have the same limitation, they dont let you register Hardware only software account.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't know if I'm the only one actually playing through the SP campaign, but I found one minor annoyance. It seems if you go back and play a previous chapter on easy, it will lock the normal mode on the chapter in which you had previously stopped. I had wanted to just replay Going Hunting because I really liked it, but put it on easy because I was lazy. I had been only a couple minutes into Operation Guillotine on normal, so I didn't mind losing my checkpoint. Unfortunately, after I finished Going Hunting again, normal was locked when I went to restart Operation Guillotine. Guess I'll have to play through Going Hunting again on normal.

Smokey said:
Sniping shouldn't be easy. Taking into account bullet trajectory is apart of it. It's natural to just want to shoot anything that moves, but knowing how the rifles work take some more time to aim your shot before shooting. Also don't forget to press SHIFT to hold your breath.

Sniping should be about spotting and calling enemy movements. Last night on the GAF server I tried the sniper class for the first time and enjoyed it. I was moving around enemy fire and setting up somewhere and relaying to my time which capture point looked to be open. If it was I told them to head that way and I will provide sniper cover, and along the way I would spot. I enjoyed it and I may stick with that as my main class. I didn't have all that many points but I was helping others obtain capture points for the team by doing the above.

It's only Day 2. Give it some time.

This is pretty much how I play the game, but from a more forward role. I will roam around, find strong vantage points and spot the enemy for my teammates. Or, if there is a big firefight going on, I stay in the back, and out of sight, and toss down medical kits or I'll defibrillate my teammates. I find that alone to be a lot of fun. I love being able to play in a support role.

Naxx

Hey guys/gals,

Can anyone help me with the chatbox, it's to damn big for me. Is there anyway to change it or even disable it? I can't find anything in the Options (maybe not lookd good enough).

It seems bigger then it was in the BETA. Sometimes I can't see enemies to my right when the box shows up. I already play the game on my max resolution (1366x768, GTX 460M).

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Did they fix PS3 Sqad Support? Back in the Beta when playing with buddies we ended up in different teams. ALWAYS. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom