• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

cametall

I got a few kills in the jet by just shooting at the big red box that says "Attacker Spawn." Ended up blowing up some kind of vehicle with two or three people in it.

I wish there were a cockpit view without the cockpit graphics, because it is hard to see with half (or more) of the screen covered by the cockpit...

Anyone else find that the aiming and turning isn't going as fluid as in the beta?? (on ps3)

When i turn down the reso to 576p it's way more responsive so probably got something to do with framerate/performance.

Seriously sucks, cause i had no such issue in the beta!

Drewsky

Razor 81 said:
Anyone else find that the aiming and turning isn't going as fluid as in the beta?? (on ps3)

When i turn down the reso to 576p it's way more responsive so probably got something to do with framerate/performance.

Yup, it definitely feels different. My accuracy is shittier than usual too I've noticed. I'm getting used to it but it kinda sucks.

Geez, Battlelog update sound made me think my computer was glitching.
Anyway, do you have to sign up for the stupid gravatar thing to change your profile picture?

Nabs

VibratingDonkey said:
Geez, Battlelog update sound made me think my computer was glitching.
Anyway, do you have to sign up for the stupid gravatar thing to change your profile picture?
Yeah

Nizz

Razor 81 said:

It's been mentioned a couple of times here in this thread by PS3 players. That the controls don't feel like they did in the beta. It seems like they've added some funky acceleration to the aiming stick. Don't know why they changed it since the beta controls were just about perfect to me.

Since I don't have the game yet, I can't log onto the Battlelog forums but it seems like other people have brought it up. I have no idea if DICE have said anything about this yet (besides that "you're on crack" tweet).

You said you changed the resolution in the game, how?

Zeppelin

Wow, mouse sensitivity is fucked up over here. It doesn't matter if I slide it all the way to the bottom, it's still way to high. I can't remember it being this bad in the beta.

W1SSY

Relix said:
Did they fix PS3 Sqad Support? Back in the Beta when playing with buddies we ended up in different teams. ALWAYS. =/
I was playing with my guys yesterday and we were having problems getting on the same team. We got placed on the same team probably half the time we joined a large game but when we tried anything squad related we got mixed up.

snack

Looks like the folks from Alienware are giving away free Battlefield 3 Dogtags Codes. All you have to do is create an Alienware Arena Account, get your Key and redeem it on Origin to unlock the Alienware Dogtags. But be advised, there are only 6000 Keys left so you better rush over to the Alienware Website. Make your mark on the battlefield, as every time you make a kill, your dog tags make an appearance within the game.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/battlefield-3-dog-tag-item-giveaway/

1. Create or login to an Alienware Arena account.

2. GET KEY

3. Open EA's Origin client (or download it here if you don't already have it installed).

4. Click the cog icon, select "Redeem Product Code" and enter your dog tag code.

5. Your dog tog will be unlocked the next time you play Battlefield 3.

purple cobra said:
It's been mentioned a couple of times here in this thread by PS3 players. That the controls don't feel like they did in the beta. It seems like they've added some funky acceleration to the aiming stick. Don't know why they changed it since the beta controls were just about perfect to me.

Since I don't have the game yet, I can't log onto the Battlelog forums but it seems like other people have brought it up. I have no idea if DICE have said anything about this yet (besides that "you're on crack" tweet).

You said you changed the resolution in the game, how?

I changed the resolution in the display settings of my ps3.
It seriously helps allot but i looks like utter shit of course.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bigdaddygamebot said:
technically...platoons have around...30 men?

They should call it a company...but anyway...

Platoons have around 40ish men, 3 line squads of 9-12ish and a weapons squad of around 7-9 or so, depending on type of infantry unit/branch.

I'm not talking fucking realism here, this is Battlefield, not ARMA.

ShowDog

cackhyena said:
Even if that were true ( which it isn't ) why is that a bad thing? Let their be aerial battles to give more weight to the fight. Also, there have already been plenty of rounds I've seen jets controlling space on the ground, making concerted sweeps over conquest zones to keep the pressure on. Just depends on the pilot.

I for instance re spawned in a jet last night and had no clue what i was doing. Total wasted opportunity ans i was fiddling with buttons, I accidentally bailed out way over the "on foot" line and died on some hill. Now that is a useless jet pilot.

When you have 2 guys in jets and 2 guys in a chopper on one team that only leaves 8 guys at best to duke it out on the ground. Levels with aircraft are generally the largest in the game, and 8v8 feels pretty damn empty oftentimes. If the aircraft actually had an impact on the battle it would be acceptable, but it's just wasted player slots when they may as well not exist to all the poor assault/support/engineer players trying to cap a point with 4 pilots and 3 snipers on their team.

I'm sure on PC it is less of an issue.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bigdaddygamebot said:
Really? That an American thing?

That's how the American Army infantry setup is, yeah.

My unit was layed out that way.

Some units like Stryker units you add 2 for driver/VC for the ICV.

Mechanized infantry is a bit different per vehicle.

I suggest banning colethemole from the GAF server for constantly killing me? It's the only right thing to do. :(

bf32011-10-2618-28-56-g80y.jpg

That's how I like to see the mole.

Hixx

Mulligan said:
U.K Gaf. Anyone order from Tesco Entertainment? My order says dispatched but no money has been taken out of my account and i've only just put money into the account so there was nothing for them to withdraw.. seems odd. Hopefully this leads to me getting it for free.. :p

Tesco did this to me for Halo Reach but they eventually took the money about a week after release.

Ramirez said:
Because there's no possible way it could be a normal every day guy who is just better than you!

I'm talking about guys that rank up way too fast. You can't do that without an obnoxious amount of hours played in a short amount of time.

f0nz0

Be advised, i suck at this game... Seriously 99% of the time i cant see who is shooting at me, i wish there was an option to turn off the fog/haze in mp, it just makes spotting enemies so hard, i got a 58plasma and had to crank the contrast up so i could see a little better, also anyone else thnk dice should have given more options as far as player indicators? I think id prefer a larger triangle over a players name rather than their name in super small font, anywho i guess i gotta play a little more conservative rather than jumping in John Rambo style

Definity

I double dipped on this game since most of my friends are on the 360. For what it is, the 360 version is not bad but that screen tearing on firestorm and damavnd peak are a bit rough on the eyes.

WarMacheen

f0nz0 said:
Be advised, i suck at this game... Seriously 99% of the time i cant see who is shooting at me, i wish there was an option to turn off the fog/haze in mp, it just makes spotting enemies so hard, i got a 58plasma and had to crank the contrast up so i could see a little better, also anyone else thnk dice should have given more options as far as player indicators? I think id prefer a larger triangle over a players name rather than their name in super small font, anywho i guess i gotta play a little more conservative rather than jumping in John Rambo style

There's your problem

f0nz0 said:

Bingo.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
f0nz0 said:
Check the in game brightness setting from the main menu. I had to crank it up way more than I usually do for the image to become visible.

SLV

snack said:
Looks like the folks from Alienware are giving away free Battlefield 3 Dogtags Codes. All you have to do is create an Alienware Arena Account, get your Key and redeem it on Origin to unlock the Alienware Dogtags. But be advised, there are only 6000 Keys left so you better rush over to the Alienware Website. Make your mark on the battlefield, as every time you make a kill, your dog tags make an appearance within the game.

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/battlefield-3-dog-tag-item-giveaway/

1. Create or login to an Alienware Arena account.

2. GET KEY

3. Open EA's Origin client (or download it here if you don't already have it installed).

4. Click the cog icon, select "Redeem Product Code" and enter your dog tag code.

5. Your dog tog will be unlocked the next time you play Battlefield 3.

RAAAWRRRR, alienware aint sending me an confirmation e-mail with password, meanwhile the keys are dwindling ;_;

ElyrionX

Seine Crossing, Metro, Damavand and to a lesser extent, Tehran, are all just not fun to play on.

I can't wait till the Karkand pack arrives and we get Wake Island.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell DICE is thinking when they designed Metro and Damavand.

woober

ElyrionX said:
Seine Crossing, Metro, Damavand and to a lesser extent, Tehran, are all just not fun to play on.

EDIT: I have no idea what the hell DICE is thinking when they designed Metro and Damavand.

Yeah, I really can't wait for the classic BF2 maps. There's no way they could screw that over. All those maps you listed tunnel everyone into a meatgrinder. They're better than BC2 maps in that it's actually possible to flank and avoid some fire but the maps still feel a little too tight for me.

NEED A CITY THEMED CASPIAN BORDER SIZED MAP.

mxgt

Banned
ElyrionX said:

I like Tehran but the others I agree with, just an utter clusterfuck.

Deadly said:
How do people get the awesome dogtags like the dinosaur or the pirate? Shit man all we're missing is a ninja now :lol

I redeemed the dog tag pack I got from my Amazon order

Dinosaur tag is best tag, will never remove it.

Smokey

When do you get to Base jump in Dama? I haven't experienced it yet :(

Also can 360 controllers be used on PC to control jets and copters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom