• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Sethos

Banned
We wanted to see if you could fly with enough C4.

Guess not.

ibsbpPCXxtSHPR.gif

Babalu.

Is there anything like this for BF3 to know where the best spots to hit the tanks are at for maximum damage? If not, where are the best spots to hit the tank from with an rpg?

m0sDV.jpg

89Qoy.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
64-player conquest on Alborz is so awesome, wow. Best map I ever played? Possibly.

So much going on at all times, total warfare. Running up a snowy hill having fighter jets dogfighting up in the air and choppers flying over my head while tank shells hit me left and right, so awesome.

Super glad I made the switch from PS3 to PC, 64 players is a whole different ballgame.

Icefire1424

Hey all, PCGaf reporting for duty (Way late, I know...).

Just picked up premium, finally able to give the game the time it deserves.

...and probably the lowest ranked soldier in here...

Anyways, IceFire1424 on the PC.

GenericUser

It's just bizarre that DICE put all these interesting mechanics in BF3 and made no effort whatsoever to explain them in the game or the game's documentation. This is required watching for anyone that plays Engineer. Are there any other vids like this out there?

when you play bf3 for a certain amount of time, you'll notice that these mechanics are present, though you probably not being able to name them. Its an awesome game.

I think they are fine now, a single guy with a stinger should be able to take down a chopper

I am just quoting that to reaffirm my statement. choppers desperatly need to go down with 1 stinger hit.

RiverBed

Banned
Ok, can somebody please help:
I need the tank and IFV vehicle kill tags. I played both Tank Superiority and Conquest on Armored Kill maps and got a number of kills with both the tank and the tank killer (that new smaller tank hound) and IFVs. But no kills were registered towards the tank or IFV dog tags. What gives? The only vehicle kills that don't count are the tanks and the IFVs. the chopper and jet kills count perfectly. Am I doing something wrong?

Ok, can somebody please help:
I need the tank and IFV vehicle kill tags. I played both Tank Superiority and Conquest on Armored Kill maps and got a number of kills with both the tank and the tank killer (that new smaller tank hound) and IFVs. But no kills were registered towards the tank or IFV dog tags. What gives? The only vehicle kills that don't count are the tanks and the IFVs. the chopper and jet kills count perfectly. Am I doing something wrong?

The new tanks do not count towards tank or IFV's. You need to use the vehicles in the older maps.

AlexBasch

So I booted this up for the first time in months and...did the updates and patches somehow improved the performance of the game? I recall playing this game on 1280x720 and everything in low to get good fps but this time the settings were in Mid, with lens flare, blur and stuff and it ran pretty great. I'll keep playing it and maybe I'll bite on the B2K maps for the meantime.

Got the game in yesterday's sale.

Pop in severs.

Feel completly overwelmed. So much stuff going on, or so few in big map. I have no idea how to used basic pack item or vehicle just yet. Keybinding is horrible and I spend an hour trying to find something good to balance crouch, prone and holding breath.

Any tips for a begininer ? what to do/not do (avoid massive maps? go infantry only for now ?) what to unlock first ? how to farm quick some attachement ?

Key binding is the same as any other game. Wsad, space to jump, ctrl for crouch, shift for Sprint, z for prone, E to use, g for grenade.

"Not so normal" bindings are T to toggle attachment, v to switch firing mode, f for knife attack, L to chat to squad.

I recommend joining some 16 player rush or deathmatch games to get used to the gunplay.

patapuf

Pop in severs.

Feel completly overwelmed. So much stuff going on, or so few in big map. I have no idea how to used basic pack item or vehicle just yet. Keybinding is horrible and I spend an hour trying to find something good to balance crouch, prone and holding breath.

Any tips for a begininer ? what to do/not do (avoid massive maps? go infantry only for now ?) what to unlock first ? how to farm quick some attachement ?

The best thing is to focus on one thing/class at first. Do you like vehilces, learn that. Do you prefer infantry combat? go to infantry focused maps.

Vehicle combat might be a bit more frustrating to get into because of the unlocks involved (mainly Helis+Jets).

this guy has fairly good tutorials about how the shooting works (among others). It takes a bit time to get used to if you are mostly used to hitscan weapons.

Thrakier

Pop in severs.

Wat, you can hold your breath?? o_O

scogoth

Pop in severs.

Get on mumble and talk to the frenchman(Norua) for a nice tutorial or splinter for a mean tutorial. Talking with people and asking how to do stuff is the best way. Plus if you play with our squad we'll keep you alive long enough to figure things out.

Donos

After a nice session with WoodenLung (and driving him straight into the Lake in Albourz) i have to say that Armored Shield is bad. I don't know really why but the Capture points and layout of the map are somehow not really well designed. Flatter Caspian my ass.
Still like the other maps.

Would rate them:
Bandar > Albourz >>>>Death Valley >>>>>>>>>>>> Armored Shield

Divious, sell some games and finally get AK to join us. Would have thought that you are one of the first to get Premium.

ShaneDude

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'TheShaneKing' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.292) - Error loading pbcl "

Just bought the game. What should i do?

After a nice session with WoodenLung (and driving him straight into the Lake in Albourz) i have to say that Armored Shield is bad. I don't know really why but the Capture points and layout of the map are somehow not really well designed. Flatter Caspian my ass.
Still like the other maps.

Would rate them:
Bandar > Albourz >>>>Death Valley >>>>>>>>>>>> Armored Shield

Haha, I was sitting there in the back while you were driving like a mad man thinking "should i tell him that it isn't ice everywhere? Nah, he probably knows" and splash. But yeah, Armored Shield is a pretty bad map, the other 3 are fantastic though, Albourz is my favorite.

Donos

Totally missed that the Gunship got rebalanced. Didn't see it posted here so sorry if this was already posted http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654785919456813/

Gunship balancing in server update R31 on September 20th (all formats)
• Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the gunship.
Rationale: This fixes an issue where it was too easy for players to use stationary or mobile AA to shoot down the gunship from the other side of the map.

• Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the gunship.
Rationale: In Conquest mode, jets have been able to single-strafe a gunship and destroy it. This re-balance will require more skill from pilots to take it down.
• The delay before moving the gunship forward to a new base in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
Rationale: Previously, the gunship was moved to the next base so quickly that it was possible to parachute from it into the base before defenders were able to prepare. This tweak will give defenders time to fall back and protect the valuable M-COM stations as intended.

• The Delay between gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in Rush mode.
Rationale: After destroying the gunship in Rush mode, it reappeared too quickly to be well-balanced. With a 50% increase in spawn time for the gunship, defenders will now have more time to focus on the crates and less of a constant overhanging threat from the gunship.

• Initial delay before the gunship spawns in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.
Rationale: Before this update, the gunship gunners could find the enemy before the round and instakill them when the pre-round timer ran out. Now, it will take a full minute before the gunship will spawn, giving defenders ample time to prepare.

Other changes in the server update
• Fixed a bug where a new squad leader wasn’t chosen when the current squad leader left.

• Fixed so that MK1A3 uses flechette rounds instead of frag rounds in Gun Master mode for Premium members (non-Premiums already have flechette rounds).

• Fixed a bug with Squad Rush on Sharqi Peninsula where the user was spawned outside the combat area if they deployed shortly after the first M-COM was destroyed.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just checked PAL psn, it's still € 49,95. Also checked US psn and it's $ 59,95.

Where do you live?

DTKT

Man, I forgot how terrible the flashlight/bloom and the sun are in this game. Just started playing again.

It's the most frustrating thing ever when you get killed because someone is hidden but the MOTHERFUCKIN SUN.

I hate the visual design of BF3.

Word is that you need to look at it through the in-game store. And look for BF3 Premium Edition, not Premium itself.

Seems EA fixed it. It was only for US residents, you had to go the All tab in the ingame store. I tried it with my US account from Europe but it gave me "no content" error.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Seems EA fixed it. It was only for US residents, you had to go the All tab in the ingame store. I tried it with my US account from Europe but it gave me "no content" error.

Damn, saw a thread about this on Fatwallet this morning, but had to go to work so I had no time. Now that I'm home I'm forced to do a system update anyway, but I guess I'm too late.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Armored Kill is much more fun than I expected it to be. It seems that Premium was a solid investment.

Top Bottom