• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

Arucardo

What are the differences between Normal and Hardcore again? I've only played one or two matches of HC and that was a while ago.

I know it has:
- No 3D spotting.
- No third-person vehicle cam.

- Less health?
- No HUD?

Pretty much, you have 60% health compared to normal and all the HUD you have is the minimap (where spotted enemies show). Also, health regeneration is almost non-existent, you have to wait a looong time to get any health back (and it only recovers to a point) so medics play a much more important role.

You still see friendlies with the 3D markings.

Guys, I can't take solo pubbling any more. I want to beat my head against the wall by the end of the night. I need a group of people to play with together as a team. I am not pretending to be any good at this game at all, I just need people to work with. I wasted so much time last night painting targets with the SOFLAM and yet nobody fired on them. On a side with like 20+ engineers nary a rocket was fired.

All engies are carrying IGLA/Stingers these days. You are a rarity. Nobody likes to use SOFLAM or be in the third seat; too few points. People worry more about hiding from helis than tanks. Jets are still mostly untouchable with S2A rockets and are usually more interested in dogfighting than picking off soldiers (and become vulnerable to IGLA/Stinger if they do).

Are you squading up with the randoms? Even if nobody's chatting, sometimes you can get them to notice your SOFLAM if you're spawning together.

PC, PS3 and 360 all have plenty of folks playing every night.

Sethos

Banned
Pretty much, you have 60% health compared to normal and all the HUD you have is the minimap (where spotted enemies show). Also, health regeneration is almost non-existent, you have to wait a looong time to get any health back (and it only recovers to a point) so medics play a much more important role.

You still see friendlies with the 3D markings.

That's the most annoying thing about hard, if you are hit to the point where you get grey screen ... It'll stay grey until you die. Really sucks if you take on a sniping role and get hit.

On another note, this sounds fun: http://i.imgur.com/aOV4K.jpg

Ocho

Guys, I can't take solo pubbling any more. I want to beat my head against the wall by the end of the night. I need a group of people to play with together as a team. I am not pretending to be any good at this game at all, I just need people to work with. I wasted so much time last night painting targets with the SOFLAM and yet nobody fired on them. On a side with like 20+ engineers nary a rocket was fired.

Add me, I'm codeocho on origin/bf3. I sometimes play with Norua and Spl1inters, fellow GAFfers. mulletalchemist and Minty join occasionally.

Also Platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391569855088/

Nekrono

Add me, I'm codeocho on origin/bf3. I sometimes play with Norua and Spl1inters, fellow GAFfers. mulletalchemist and Minty join occasionally.

Also Platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391569855088/

THIS! I can't play alone anymore, I know I'm not the greatest BF player but I've always liked teamplay, especially in BF games, thing is ... I don't really know a lot of people that actively play it.

I will join that platoon and hopefully play BF3 the way I like to play it.

For the people that like to play as a team feel free to add me: Nekrono.

VariantX

applied too, hoping my experience playing this game will vastly improve. I'm usually free to play on the weekends and Wednesday since im off work.

Sethos

Banned
I installed Battlelog Plus and I'm now seeing this;

iT3PdkWGXc10c.png

Any B+ users know why?

FStop7

Banned
There needs to be an option to limit the number of people playing the same class on each team. I'm rapidly getting bored of the game because everybody plays an engineer.

Meanwhile I'll play recon because I'm trying to level that class up. I'll go so far out of my way to paint targets with the SOFLAM and nobody does shit. It's infuriating to have 10+ engineers on a 16 person team and yet none of them can be bothered to shoot down lased choppers or tanks.

Normal version has that as well, they moved the Game Activity to a new frame on the right, you click on the star for what you want to share on the feed.

There needs to be an option to limit the number of people playing the same class on each team. I'm rapidly getting bored of the game because everybody plays an engineer.

Meanwhile I'll play recon because I'm trying to level that class up. I'll go so far out of my way to paint targets with the SOFLAM and nobody does shit. It's infuriating to have 10+ engineers on a 16 person team and yet none of them can be bothered to shoot down lased choppers or tanks.

People would quit out a lot more if they were in matches where their class was restricted. Nobody's carrying Javelins, it's all about the Stingers. You can more easily run away from a tank than a helicopter, and you really have to expose yourself and for longer to use a Javelin (without lasering help). And nobody wants to be Recon because you get so few points for designating targets.

I installed Battlelog Plus and I'm now seeing this;

iT3PdkWGXc10c.png

Any B+ users know why?

I use Battlelog Plus too BUT, I think this may be an Origin/Battlelog issue. You are limited to 100 friends. I was at my 100 friend limit when I tried to friend Woodenlung, so he probably accepted the friend request multiple times, as it kept trying to add him to a full friends list. Same thing happened when someone friended me--I accepted, then the next time I logged into Battlelog, the request showed up.

Once I made some room on my friends list and then accepted, the notification went away.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Any Gaffers still playing PC version?

I stopped playing a few months ago but I'm tempted to get back into it since the new maps are going to start coming out.

There are 2 map pack released already right? Then a few more down the road.

I know this is subjective but considering I've put over 120 hours in the game is the 49.99 'premium service' worth it?

More incoming tweaks for AK Rush
http://www.gustavhalling.com/2012/09/14/upcoming-rush-tweaks-next-week-bf3-ak/

Hello!

As anyone following me on twitter (twitter.com/gustavhalling) knows I have been very busy collecting feedback about the gunship in Rush the last 2 weeks and we have already made improvements yesterday, changing its spawntime from 60 to 90 seconds.

I am not finished yet however and late next week (19-20th) we are pushing out a new server with these tweaks.

Gunship initial spawntime tweaked from 15 to 60 seconds

• This will fix the issue where gunship gunners can target defenders before the round starts

Gunship spawntime tweaked from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.

• This will give defenders more time to “breath” before the gunship is respawned again.

Gunship “moving forward” delay between bases tweaked from 15 to 30 seconds

• This will fix the issue where the attackers can parachute drop to the next base before the defenders can reach it

This is the 2nd step in balancing up the game mode which proves that the community are just much better at owning up on the servers than our in-house testing is =)

There is no shame in saying that the Gunship have been overpowered after launch but its not because we dont test it before hand.

As always even that we test 5 days a week at DICE + 60-80 QA for months YOU guys/girls play more hours together the first 2 hours after we release a new expansion!

Any Gaffers still playing PC version?

I stopped playing a few months ago but I'm tempted to get back into it since the new maps are going to start coming out.

There are 2 map pack released already right? Then a few more down the road.

I know this is subjective but considering I've put over 120 hours in the game is the 49.99 'premium service' worth it?

Yeah brah. I've been playing more due to the expansion, but will be out of town for the next week. Spl1nter, Norua, and Mully have been online a lot...I think mr_nothing is playing again, too.

Nice! I haven't even tried Rush because I've heard it's so one-sided. Is it true that the Rush routes/layouts are more like BC2 vs vanilla BF3?

I use Battlelog Plus too BUT, I think this may be an Origin/Battlelog issue. You are limited to 100 friends. I was at my 100 friend limit when I tried to friend Woodenlung, so he probably accepted the friend request multiple times, as it kept trying to add him to a full friends list. Same thing happened when someone friended me--I accepted, then the next time I logged into Battlelog, the request showed up.

Once I made some room on my friends list and then accepted, the notification went away.

Yup. It kept giving me the notification even after I accepted and I just kept clicking.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yeah brah. I've been playing more due to the expansion, but will be out of town for the next week. Spl1nter, Norua, and Mully have been online a lot...I think mr_nothing is playing again, too.

Nice! I haven't even tried Rush because I've heard it's so one-sided. Is it true that the Rush routes/layouts are more like BC2 vs vanilla BF3?

Nice, GAF server still up?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
AK Rush would be excellent were it not for the imbalance. Routes are definitely great and BC2-like.
I find Rush maps to favor the defender in general. I don't think I mind seeing the attackers get a leg up for a change. Although not to this degree.

Currently re-installing this game after a pretty long break. Really hoping mixture of armored kill and the classic bf3 maps can me get back into it.

Wasn't a big fan of close quarters outside of TDM.

I find Rush maps to favor the defender in general. I don't think I mind seeing the attackers get a leg up for a change. Although not to this degree.

Attackers are fine. Use smoke, spawn beacons, chopper drops, and the AMTRAC. Smoke is so good, too bad it's underused IMO.

I much prefer it if we could have server settings for the AC. I find that it becomes too much of the focus for Rush, and I feel like the game could be a lot more fun without it (it's great on CQ though)

Donos

ppl on bandar desert are to stupid to use IGLA/Stinger to scare the helis away. Got a bad 0:8 streak because getting killed off helis, took IGLA and downed 5 helis. They have little to no cover. Only problem is that you almost always have only 3 shots. Always no Support around... (i usually play support and give the Engie masses ammo). I'm a total Caspian Border fanboy but don't really like Armored Shield. All other AK maps are awesome.

Didn't play rush so far but i almost never play rush in BF3. Strangely rush was my most played mode in BFBC2. But rush with a bad team is more frustrating than conquest for me so i stick to conquest.

SJRB

Gold Member
Good god I am terrible with a mouse. All these years of playing on the PS3 have trashed my mouse skills, I can't kill a dude for the life of me.

I need to setup my logitech controller asap, constantly struggling with the controls is no fun whatsoever.

CatPee

Good god I am terrible with a mouse. All these years of playing on the PS3 have trashed my mouse skills, I can't kill a dude for the life of me.

I need to setup my logitech controller asap, constantly struggling with the controls is no fun whatsoever.

I played controller nearly all my life and it didn't take me that long to adjust to M&KB. Just stick with it. Over the long run it'll do you so much good.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and just say it's not you being terrible, it's just everyone else being better. I'm pretty sure you'd do even worst with a controller playing against people with mouse/kb.

You'll get used to it eventually and never go back.

FStop7

Banned
Is anyone playing on the field of battle right now? It's a double XP weekend so I'll be on for a while tonight and probably tomorrow trying to rank up.

USF

Is the premium edition coming with everything on disc? Or do i have to sit & download every single dlc .. Decided to jump from ps3

Ocho

Is the premium edition coming with everything on disc? Or do i have to sit & download every single dlc .. Decided to jump from ps3

Is it even releasing on disc? I thought it was Origin only (although it makes sense, cashing on 360/ps3 crowd). I have no clue, but some expansions haven't released yet, so you'll probably need to download those.

USF

Is it even releasing on disc? I thought it was Origin only (although it makes sense, cashing on 360/ps3 crowd). I have no clue, but some expansions haven't released yet, so you'll probably need to download those.

Found this on Amazon but still not clear about that 22GB download/install

rAuAv.png

Top Bottom