• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

PKP over the M249? I'll have to give it a shot. I've been hearing accuracy issues though, and that's fucking huge when I can basically snipe with my M249.

demolitio

PKP over the M249? I'll have to give it a shot. I've been hearing accuracy issues though, and that's fucking huge when I can basically snipe with my M249.

First shot is accurate enough so short bursts will do the trick and you don't need to be as accurate when fewer shots kill people with it. Like I said though, everyone has their preference and that's the beauty of this game. It's not like you just keep unlocking guns and using the latest unlock only because they all have their pros and cons.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The PKP still sucks, even with that set-up. You're trading recoil for damage... and given that the PKP's only claim to fame for being "better than other LMGs" is it's damage, that's not a good trade off.

You do get a CoD-like feeling with it's non-recoil with that set-up, but the M249 non-modified>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PKP modified (which you have to work for so still sucks) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PKP un-modified.

</kick the cat one last time>

The PKP still sucks, even with that set-up. You're trading recoil for damage... and given that the PKP's only claim to fame for being "better than other LMGs" is it's damage, that's not a good trade off.

You do get a CoD-like feeling with it's non-recoil with that set-up, but the M249 non-modified>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PKP modified (which you have to work for so still sucks) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PKP un-modified.

</kick the cat one last time>

lol@u

Rapstah

Anyone else dig the MG36? I got 150 kills with it already.

What's it supposed to be a "clone" of? Feels like it sits between the M27 IAR and the M249. Love that 100 round mag I can quickly reload.

I use it a lot. It's great, especially compared to the QQBQBQBQ whatever you unlocked in the assignment before it.

JoeMartin

Anyone else dig the MG36? I got 150 kills with it already.

What's it supposed to be a "clone" of? Feels like it sits between the M27 IAR and the M249. Love that 100 round mag I can quickly reload.

It's nearly identical to the M27, the only performance differences being that they switched vertical recoil and first shot recoil (and the M27 shoots further but who's shooting people at 975m with an M27; also the M27's rounds are faster - both minute differences)

Zeppelin

Hm, did they do something to the M27 IAR? I just used it some and it doesn't feel nearly as useless as it did around release. And I see a lot of people running around with it too and you'd think most people would have unlocked better support weapons by now.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Well, 64 players feel to cluttered for me even on B2K. I live like 30 secs on average if the opposite team doesn't suck. So I switched to server with friendly fire on, 52 players and no killcam. Much better. I might bump player count down to 48-46.

EVIL

I unlocked the DAO-12 yesterday and I LOVE IT! played 3 matches with it and need 9 more kills until my first service star for it.

Zeppelin

Looks like there will be a server update sometime tomorrow:

We believe that we have a good fix for the #1 cause of server crashes in BF3 PC.

A few RSPs will be trialling the server during this evening/morning. The new server update will be rolled out by all RSPs during Monday if no gotchas are found.

Changelog
There's only one to speak of; the afore mentioned crash fix.

Ninja changes
There's one. We'll tell you about it on Monday or Tuesday. First one to pinpoint it before then wins a beer.

Remaining crashes
There is one other crash which we see a lot of. Ít is an internal resource leak in the game server. The leak is reset at the end of each round; so, high ticket count servers are more susceptible to this than normal ticket count servers. I suggest not running your servers with a ticket count higher than 500 until we have sorted this out.

The first part in solving a bug is finding out how to reproduce it reliably. Thanks to rtm00se for pointing out how to do so in this thread: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654347802283936/1/2832654347802308640/ [battlelog.battlefield.com]

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624801593071/

I wonder what the ninja change is for!

JoeMartin

Well, 64 players feel to cluttered for me even on B2K. I live like 30 secs on average if the opposite team doesn't suck. So I switched to server with friendly fire on, 52 players and no killcam. Much better. I might bump player count down to 48-46.

I have reserved myself to 32 player conquest normal/rush servers. 64 players is too much, removes a good cerebral portion of the game when you're constantly getting cheesed from every angle due to random gunfire and stray rockets.

Zeppelin

I have reserved myself to 32 player conquest normal/rush servers. 64 players is too much, removes a good cerebral portion of the game when you're constantly getting cheesed from every angle due to random gunfire and stray rockets.

Same here. Although I prefer conquest large with 32 players. Then you've got a bigger chance of getting the vehicle you want and the game feels less random since you get a better sense of where the enemy is. At least I feel this is true for the original maps.

Zeppelin

I'm so glad the Javelin is finally working and people are putting up SOFLAMs more often. I just got like 20 kills with it on Firestorm - everything from tanks to planes.

Played my first few games on B2K tonight. God, I miss some of those BF2 maps. I remember the fun I used to have on the one with the hotel in the centre: I used to drop loads of C4 on the roads approaching it from the rest of the map, hide in between the plant pots and just wait for people to drive by. Blow them up, mop up the survivors and then go fail at sniping from the roof of the hotel. Good fun.

G_Berry

Banned
Loving the new (old) maps.

It's plainly obvious that these maps were held back due to the fact that they are greatly superior to the vanilla maps that come with BF3.

Here's hoping that future map packs contain more old favorites.

G_Berry

Banned
This makes no sense

Yeah it does. Dice knew just as we now know, that B2K maps have that BF feel that only say two of the vanilla maps have. If these were released at launch, how many people do you think would be playing shit like Davmand peak or the other bottle neck maps?

Goddammit, DICE.

K6SEh.png

Yeah it does. Dice knew just as we now know, that B2K maps have that BF feel that only say two of the vanilla maps have. If these were released at launch, how many people do you think would be playing shit like Davmand peak or the other bottle neck maps?

Yeah, okay. Totally plausible theory there.

You're right that nobody would play the regular maps, Berry, but that's not the reason for the later launch. In any case, it does remind you how bad some of the BF3 maps are. Even the 'good' ones like Operation Firestorm are just huge open maps with a few, very flat and repetitive structures to fight over. Caspian Border is the only truly excellent map in the whole lot.

That said, I'm sure we'll all still be playing this game for years to come.

Hm, did they do something to the M27 IAR?

...you'd think most people would have unlocked better support weapons by now.

I don't know, just because a weapon is harder to unlock doesn't necessarily mean it's better. All the unlocks in this game are just for flavor as far as I'm concerned - and whatever feels good to you.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wake Island would be my guess. That's where the dinosaurs are.

It's on Wake at the B flag in Conquest where the aircraft spawn. It's in one of the buildings over there.

It's sad that the shelf life on the NeoGAF servers was only good for about a month. Every time I go to my favorites it's sitting there with 0/64 :(

Spl1nter

It's on Wake at the B flag in Conquest where the aircraft spawn. It's in one of the buildings over there.

It's sad that the shelf life on the NeoGAF servers was only good for about a month. Every time I go to my favorites it's sitting there with 0/64 :(

It was full last night

Damavand Peak is pretty cool for Rush, especially the basejumping part.

I think DICE understands what people want from maps, and they'll make more BF2-style DLC maps. I also don't think that the ratio quality to 'ok' maps is any worse than other multiplayer FPSes: 5 GREAT maps, with all the rest being good, with only a couple of stinkers (Tehran Highway, looking at you.) Even Canals is a pretty good map now that I've played it more, and I hated it at launch.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hm, did they do something to the M27 IAR? I just used it some and it doesn't feel nearly as useless as it did around release. And I see a lot of people running around with it too and you'd think most people would have unlocked better support weapons by now.

I never found that gun to be useless. If it got a buff than its even better for me. :D

Zeppelin

Alright, PKP Pecheneg - Motherfuck. I just went 85 - 47 with it on a 1 000 ticket Grand Bazaar server. That gun is insanely good on that map. My total score was 58k!

Zeppelin

Didn't get a buff, others just seem to be experiencing a placebo affect having unlocked it for both sides it seems. Still an awesome Assault/Support hybrid gun.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome actually. I can't really remember why I didn't like it the first time around.

CatPee

Loving the new (old) maps.

It's plainly obvious that these maps were held back due to the fact that they are greatly superior to the vanilla maps that come with BF3.

Here's hoping that future map packs contain more old favorites.

Going by how some of the new guns are bugged on these maps, it's plainly obvious that DICE barely tested the DLC.

Nelo Ice

Banned

If there wasn't the dynamic playercount I would think it would be more full. I mean how many people actually use quick match??

demolitio

Alright, PKP Pecheneg - Motherfuck. I just went 85 - 47 with it on a 1 000 ticket Grand Bazaar server. That gun is insanely good on that map. My total score was 58k!

That's why I keep telling people to try it out. The QBB-95 is my other favorite for accuracy and low recoil. I just want my MG-36 already. Nothing can steer me from the L85 though...

I still need more people to play with so anyone looking to kick ass, add "demolitio".

Zeppelin

That's why I keep telling people to try it out. The QBB-95 is my other favorite for accuracy and low recoil. I just want my MG-36 already. Nothing can steer me from the L85 though...

I still need more people to play with so anyone looking to kick ass, add "demolitio".

Ha, I just tried it with the suppressor on. It literally only kicks like a foot from side to side and up and down at 50 meters. Crazy.

Varna

This is probably the only game I have played that I think FXAA actually makes it look a little better. So much about this game looks incredible... but that just makes the stuff that looks really bad (like foliage) really stand out. The blur helps hide it a bit.

Awesome BF3 moment: I'm alone at A point on Wake Island when some asshat from the other team parachutes in out of nowhere, sprints to the freshly spawned tank, and starts driving off.Unfortunately for him, I'm about 10 feet from the tank. As he's just getting the tank warmed up and drives off, I attach 3 pieces of C4 to the tank. I believe at this point he had switched to 3rd person camera, because he desperately tried to swivel the turret around to get me.

Click.

Boom. Two kills + vehicle disable. Two, you say? Well, I guess one of his squad-mates spawned on him at a very unfortunate time.

cluto

Yep, PKP is so good.gif

First time I used it I went on a 16 kill streak. With a grip and suppressor, it's now my go-to weapon for Support.

Soma

i enjoy seeing the Pecheneg getting so much love as i'm a pretty big fan of it. it's a bit tough to wield at first but once you're able to manage that recoil, it's a beast. i love the hip-fire for it too. i've been giving some of the other LMGs a run through and honestly non of them are any slouches. Probably the only one I have the toughest time with is the M60.

also i never realized it before but somehow i managed to get all of the kits pretty much equalized:

jm1rC.jpg

:lol

Top Bottom