• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What's the general consensus on MP? I have to wait another 2 weeks for the PS4 version.

Better or worse than BF3?

Woo-Fu

Banned
What's the general consensus on MP? I have to wait another 2 weeks for the PS4 version.

Better or worse than BF3?

I think it is quite a bit better when everything is working properly. Definitely going to need some balance/function tweeks but their first cut is pretty good.

Faith

The Battlelog app for the Ipad is so OP!

You can see your spawn point before you actually spawn on your PC. It's perfect to avoid spawn kills.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
either i'm losing my mind or they fixed the stuttering somehow, the game runs much smoother now.

Is anybody else using the DMRs? I'm usually an AR kinda guy. I like to be able to fight close quarters but also pick people off from a distance. The DMRs are great at a medium distance, but I'm struggling close quarters more than I'd like. Do the red dot sights help in that regard? Haven't unlocked one yet.

Also, I'm stuck over which class to go with if I do stick with DMRs. What's best for racking up points?

Bailers

Can't stop watching the official multiplayer launch trailer --Running it looped thanks to YouTube Center, I think I could watch it day & night until the server issues are fixed and have a rig capable of running it Ultra / 60.

I say damn everytime that theme kicks in!

I haven't seen that before, somehow I missed it. Man,I just about died laughing when that guy on the atv screams on his way out the window. That's hilarious.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Is anybody else using the DMRs? I'm usually an AR kinda guy. I like to be able to fight close quarters but also pick people off from a distance. The DMRs are great at a medium distance, but I'm struggling close quarters more than I'd like. Do the red dot sights help in that regard? Haven't unlocked one yet.
They help a lot. Unlocking another rifle than the RFB also helps, it's not all that great in general imo.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm pretty sure my hardlocks only occur during 64 player matches. Not 100% but I don't think I've ever had a hardlock during 32 playerDomination.

antitrop

I was in the middle of an intense firefight on the main building of Shanghai, when the building started to collapse. After a few seconds of confusion, I realized what was happening and ran as quickly as I could for the open windows, barely making it out in time. Tension was at absolute maximum as I barreled through the sky towards Objective Delta, my thumb pulsing on the Spacebar ready to pull the chute at the perfect time and take the fight to the ruins below.

Game freezes/crashes in midair.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Way too many people play Assault, my squad is full with Assault's.

Also i'd love to see the stats at the end of a round from BF2 coming back were you saw who was the best Medic, heli pilot, flag capture, which squad was the best and so on.

Acinixys

Error
Game disconnected: you have been banned from this server. Stated reason: Round banned Acinixys for using bad language.

THANKS ASSHOLES. Hate retarded server rules like this. I wasnt even being rude. I was complementing a guy on his counterknife skills

So have Dice or EA said anything about the saved game issues? Lost my PS3 save :/ i know most people don't care about campaign in a Battlefield game but still annoying nonetheless.

Xyber

Since my imagination sucks, this is the only thing I could come up with that was easy enough for me to do. I really wish you could zoom in while making the emblem, if you make something small enough you can't grab it and move it around anymore. So you have to make it big and hope you put it in the right place (that sounded a little dirty when I read it again).

2955050137468401153.png

vehn

Has anyone gotten commander mode to work with a controller on pc? I can scroll around and click on things, but can't do nothing with the menu that comes up

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How does I fail at taking to C on Flood Zone?

In my defense, it looked like C was in the park on my hauling ass with the bomb in the IFV. Sorry Otcho. :(

cripterion

I was in the middle of an intense firefight on the main building of Shanghai, when the building started to collapse. After a few seconds of confusion, I realized what was happening and ran as quickly as I could for the open windows, barely making it out in time. Tension was at absolute maximum as I barreled through the sky towards Objective Delta, my thumb pulsing on the Spacebar ready to pull the chute at the perfect time and take the fight to the ruins below.

Game freezes/crashes in midair.

lol. Yeah, the game seems to crash at times like these (I was about to knife a sniper when it froze last game) or when you're at your best.

Ok after 50 hours already in this game I have to vent.

Multiplayer needs vehicle balancing something terrible, mainly air units. They are so weak. The attack chopper takes about 13 shots to the rear of the tank to kill. And don't even waste your rockets on infantry... they do nothing. The LAV feels pretty good as do the MBT, but the air units man... so weak. Even the warthog can't kill a tank in one strafe with his main gun.

Literally everything locks onto you. You get one line of defense every 25 seconds. 2 Engineers can easily ground your entire airforce.

The stealth jet is worthless because the map boundaries are too small. I did a full strafe run against an attack boat which landed 80% of the shots and it only hit him for about 20 points. WTF?

You have about 5 seconds to circle around and get a shot off before you have to circle around and do the same thing again. It's just flying in one big circle due to weird map boundaries.

There's just no reason not to play engineer on maps with lots of vehicles, there's no pentalty. You're main weapon kills infantry just as fast as assault and you get AT mines , repair... and a ton of launchers that lock onto any and everything. ONE INFANTRY SHOULD NOT BE STRONG ENOUGH TO GROUND A CHOPPER. And if you do get hit when locked you're screwed because every shot disables your rotor and down you go..... or you sit there idling around like an idiot for 10 seconds.

Vehicles that feel great though are the MBT with Sabot + HMG, LAV with 25MM + Zuni Rockets, and attack boat with AA and 30mm. That attack boat is how vehicles should be.. .you should FEAR a vehicle. I miss the days of BF1942 so much when a good pilot or tanker could run around forever and just dominate. Why DICE decided to cater to infantry so much is beyond me. Let infantry have their modes like domination, defuse etc... and let conquest / rush have stronger vehicles. If people complain about the vehicles give them a limited mode... something.

/end rant

Zafir

lol. Yeah, the game seems to crash at times like these (I was about to knife a sniper when it froze last game) or when you're at your best.
Heh. The two freezes I had were both when looking at another player about to kill them.

That was on Friday mind you, since Saturday I've just been getting crashes, not freezes. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol so funny after a great job timing the pick up for him.

He spawned on me as your team had two infantry drop, I hauled ass as soon as I saw where the bomb spawned and hoped they would drop, they did. We took them out and then ya'll started to ping me in the butt as I ran full speed for C. I'm thinking "oh it's in the park."

"Wait, why isn't he arming?"

"OH SHIT IT'S ON THE OVERPASS. FUUUUUUUUUU"

GET IN GET IN GET IN GET IN.

(He gets in, I start to go up the on-ramp and get IFV and then RPG'd by you)

FUUUUU.

Spl1nter

/end rant

Stealth Jet: cant make a full assessment until I unlock 30mm, but 20 and 25 are too weak against everything plus hud needs improvement. F35 needs a turning radius buff.

Attack Jet: 30mm gun can take out a tank or attack boat in one strafe. I have done it numerous times. Its definitely strong enough. Its secondaries need work over. They are all complete jokes except for laser guided. Pretty disappointing JDAM was not BF2 style bomb drop. Forcing 3rd person view for rockets, just wtf. TV missile in the weakened state, double wtf.

Scout Heli: Definitely strong enough, probably need a slight downgrade in max repair that can happen at any given time.

Attack Heli: Seems close to right. Needs a slight buff for defense counter. Its damage output is perfectly fine.

AA is a bit too strong against air. Its main cannon is ridiculously powerful in general. Active Radar AA missiles are completely OP against heli.

On the ground everything seems pretty well balanced, sure there could be a few tweaks but nothing urgent at the moment.

Stealth Jet: cant make a full assessment until I unlock 30mm, but 20 and 25 are too weak against everything plus hud needs improvement. F35 needs a turning radius buff.

Attack Jet: 30mm gun can take out a tank or attack boat in one strafe. I have done it numerous times. Its definitely strong enough. Its secondaries need work over. They are all complete jokes except for laser guided. Pretty disappointing JDAM was not BF2 style bomb drop. Forcing 3rd person view for rockets, just wtf. TV missile in the weakened state, double wtf.

Scout Heli: Definitely strong enough, probably need a slight downgrade in max repair that can happen at any given time.

Attack Heli: Seems close to right. Needs a slight buff for defense counter. Its damage output is perfectly fine.

AA is a bit too strong against air. Its main cannon is ridiculously powerful in general. Active Radar AA missiles are completely OP against heli.

On the ground everything seems pretty well balanced, sure there could be a few tweaks but nothing urgent at the moment.

The 30mm cannon for aircraft (once if you can manage to unlock the fucker) is powerful as fuck for strafing runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom