• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I managed to stay top of the game leaderboard for the majority of a match today with a jet... How did that happen? I am fucking terrible with jets! They aren't as useless as I once thought. Still, dogfighting is annoying as hell, its like the whole match falls to the wayside so you can deal with one clown.

No cheesemobile on the map. No stingers. You somehow flew gud.

Battlefield 5 is not coming out this year. A battlefield game may be coming, but I assure you, only DICE will develop the numbered BF installments.

well if its Bad Company 3 or whatever it is basically the same thing as BF5, a replacement title that is the one being played actively in the franchise.

DICE is a huge studio now, they develop several games at the same time. Battlefront is coming out sometime too and it probably will be a Battlefield palette swap :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
DICE (Sweden aka Based) is working on Mirrors Edge and Battlefront.
DICE LA might take the reigns on the Battlefield franchise, at least the spin offs like Bad Company.

I dont think we'll see a numbered BF in a while. Not after BF4's rocky launch (And post launch)

I dont think we'll see a numbered BF in a while. Not after BF4's rocky launch (And post launch)

that's good, Battlefield 4 came out way too soon in my opinion anyways and had very little innovations in it. Compared to BF2->BF3.

But still, whatever Battlefield comes out in the fall will be using the same Frostbite engine and will essentially be, The Next Battlefield.

But still, whatever Battlefield comes out in the fall will be using the same Frostbite engine and will essentially be, The Next Battlefield.
That depends if you're the kind of person who saw CoD titles by IW and Treyarch as "the same thing".

If Battlefield Police comes out developed by another studio, I don't think it'll be The next Battlefield but Battlefiled-like.

TheSeks

If it isn't DICE-DICE, they should call it something else. Double-so if it isn't Bad Company from DICE-DICE. Fuck the posers.

That depends if you're the kind of person who saw CoD titles by IW and Treyarch as "the same thing".

If Battlefield Police comes out developed by another studio, I don't think it'll be The next Battlefield but Battlefiled-like.

i atleast did, Treyarch COD's were very similar and some even better than Infinity Ward titles on the multiplayer department.

Police Warfare would actually sound quite different as i doubt we would be seeing A-10's and Artillery tanks roaming about :D

That game would probably be closer to Counter-Strike than Battlefield. And in which case i would totally approve of it's existance and that type of game would not instantly replace Battlefield 4.

I have finally got into BF4 multiplayer; currently ranked 15. I'm terrible lol, but I'm having so much fun with it. If the game would work most of the time, it would be my favorite mp game ever; there's just so much wild shit going on at one time.

I have so many problems killing people though; I always seem to lose the one on one battles. My best game I think was 15-9; I'm usually like 8-12, and shit like that. Those 45 year old reflexes lol. I would like to play with some GAFfers; I tried adding my PSN to the list, but it won't go through on my phone. I'll try again when I get home.

whitehawk

Banned
Is it safe to assume most of the problems on the PS4 have been fixed? I'm starting to get bored of Killzone multiplayer so I'm thinking of trading it in for this.

Ark

Could someone give me some exp boosts please. Levelling without them is so painful ;_;

Unlocking everything again sucks, even more so when there's no double-exp week to take advantage of :(

Is it safe to assume most of the problems on the PS4 have been fixed? I'm starting to get bored of Killzone multiplayer so I'm thinking of trading it in for this.

Rubberbanding is still a problem on 64p servers. The dead-comrade-in-front-of-me-is-an-invisible-wall glitch is still there. Balance and design problems are the same.

JJD

Could someone give me some exp boosts please. Levelling without them is so painful ;_;

Unlocking everything again sucks, even more so when there's no double-exp week to take advantage of :(

I have 15 200%, more than 30 100% and a fuckton of 50% and 25%. I always forget to use then.

TheSeks

35/50 Headshots. But now I'm running into counter-snipers. SMH.

4 wins. 8 losses tonight. SMFH.

Seems like there are much fewer populated servers on pc than on ps4. Is it hard to find a game or is it just because I don't have naval strike downloaded?

uberluigi

Banned
This game is really starting to piss me off, every time I start a new match my loadouts go back to default and have to customize them every time. Anyone experiencing this problem? (X1 version)

why would you want to do that though? If you don't need them just don't use them.

oh for me personally I just get annoyed at dumb little things like that :p

you know those little orange corners that pop up in the customization menu when you've unlocked something new? ever since the last patch, they never go away even if I scroll over them a few times, drives me crazy o_O

Orcus

This game is really starting to piss me off, every time I start a new match my loadouts go back to default and have to customize them every time. Anyone experiencing this problem? (X1 version)
Yes! This is so f'ing annoying. It's not quite the same for me, as its not the defaults that it gets reset to but some earlier saved config. It's super lame.

TheSeks

UGH! Why is it today EVERYONE is sniping? Fuck off and let me get my last 15 Headshots on oblivious snipers and you win the rounds without me! ARGH.

How is this even possible?!
Weapon battle packs give one each opening and once you have all unlocks all slots become boosts.

you can get rid of them. just use one, then immediately use another, and it'll ask you if you want to override your other one :D just gotta do it 250 times!
Why would I do that? Showing their worthlessness by keeping track of how many accrue (while I don't have all emblems, portraits, etc.) demonstrates how stupid the system is.

Edit: Oh just played my first CQ game on NS since the patch. Jet gameplay was buttery smooth 98% of time with no rubber banding.

UGH! Why is it today EVERYONE is sniping? Fuck off and let me get my last 15 Headshots on oblivious snipers and you win the rounds without me! ARGH.

Use the 8x instead of that godawful 40x scope. Play aggressively and PTFO, if you aim well enough it should be pretty easy.

40x scope might as well have been specifically designed for useless Recon players that sit on the edge of the map and get maybe one or two kills for the whole round and contribute nothing for the team.

That's what you were doing in that Paracel only server wasn't it. ಠ_ಠ

JJD

Use the 8x instead of that godawful 40x scope. Play aggressively and PTFO, if you aim well enough it should be pretty easy.

40x scope might as well have been specifically designed for useless Recon players that sit on the edge of the map and get maybe one or two kills for the whole round and contribute nothing for the team.

That's what you were doing in that Paracel only server wasn't it. ಠ_ಠ

Speaking of Paracel and snipers is there any way for a sniper snipe someone out of the chopper pilot seat (or any other vehicle driver seat) from one spawn to the other?

I'm asking because I have seem two sniper guys go (on different games) like 60/2 K/D and score something like 70K on a single round while I was the second overall on the score board with just 17K. Granted those were long, long games but still...70K points? Holy shit!

Sniping someone out of the driver seat of a vehicle is the only way I can imagine someone would manage to get such a huge K/D ratio and points on that map.

TheSeks

No, actually I joined someone on my Battlelog list on Paracel since they're a "pirate"/RCB whore.

But I got my shit pushed in due to the lack of spotting and going support.

Then I dicked around as a sniper in Rush/Sabo with auto-scramble at the end of the round to where I kept being scrambled to the losing team. Pissed me off.

Speaking of Paracel and snipers is there any way for a sniper snipe someone out of the chopper pilot seat (or any other vehicle driver seat) from one spawn to the other?

I'm asking because I have seem two sniper guys go (on different games) like 60/2 K/D and score something like 70K on a single round while I was the second overall on the score board with just 17K. Granted those were long, long games but still...70K points? Holy shit!

Sniping someone out of the driver seat of a vehicle is the only way I can imagine someone would manage to get such a huge K/D ratio and points on that map.

It's possible, depending on the mode/set/where-ever. And possibly zeroing.

Speaking of which: After 600 you go straight to 1000 zero, apparently. So doing 700 meter shots at 1000 is hliarious because you sail COMPLETELY over your mark.

I'm really surprised at that actually. I thought PC would have more players than a recently launched console. Huh.
The thing that surprises me is that people play it on any platform.

One thing's for sure, I won't be pre-ordering Mirror's Edge 2 or Battlefront.

burnfout

Servers seem pretty good now, even played on Langdam Dam yesterday without lag.

Guess I can fully focus on chanting 'attack heli buff'' 'attack heli buff'' 'attack heli buff'' 'attack heli buff'' .

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Maybe that was the 44 player bug that made it seem ok. Tried Naval Strike?

Not every server is 44 player. We played last night on dam with 64 and there was no rubberbanding. On the last page of the thread, another nils said he played NS with no rubberbanding. Think they fixed it?

mitchman

Gold Member
Not every server is 44 player. We played last night on dam with 64 and there was no rubberbanding. On the last page of the thread, another nils said he played NS with no rubberbanding. Think they fixed it?

Sounds like it. They might be rolling out new servers gradually and will announce it when all servers have been replaced, which makes sense I suppose.

A dev on reddit claims all the new hardware is deployed. How about some carrier assault tonight boyos?

Can't do Reddit at work. Can you copy his post over here to check out? I'm really excited to hear info on the new stuff rolling out. All the matches I played on the test servers were smooth as butter!

Top Bottom