• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

ChrisW

So because my step son had logged on within 24hrs, his PSN works....but not mine. Guess in unlocking him some new guns!

Battlelog told me to open a port so I did and now I can't connect to any PC servers at all? ...I'm so confused.

I have an issue similar to that (something about UDP and so on) and disconnects me from a server on rare occasions. I just reconnect to whatever server I was playing on and go back to playing.

SeanR1221

Haven't kept up and barely touched naval strike. Any of the new weapons worth using? The scar is my favorite assault rifle and the ak5c is my favorite carbine for reference.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haven't kept up and barely touched naval strike. Any of the new weapons worth using? The scar is my favorite assault rifle and the ak5c is my favorite carbine for reference.

AWS, S&W .40

SR-2 isn't as great as people crow it to be. It's good but not great.

Assault rifle isn't worth the time unless they buffed it.

Sniper is really a DMR for long-range scopes but sucks as a DMR AND Sniper. Avoid.

The admins are actually kicking you for being a jet whore.

hackusations are pretty nice too, especially when not using jets.

irzdja9XuloaU.PNG

AR160 is basically a 30 round version of SCAR-H, it even has the exact same recoil pattern as the SCAR-H. I find the latter to be better than the former.

SR338 (Recon) is a bad gun, no point in using it. I've had a lot of success with the SR-2 and I think it's pretty good for what it is.

SW40 (new revolver) is a really good pistol and has no revolver delay like the other two revolvers have.

AWS (Support) is god gun. dice pls nerf this damn thing already.

Seks, I'm already a member of the console platoon but decided to download on PC if you could approve me over there. My origin name is GandalfMcGee.

SeanR1221

AWS, S&W .40

SR-2 isn't as great as people crow it to be. It's good but not great.

Assault rifle isn't worth the time unless they buffed it.

Sniper is really a DMR for long-range scopes but sucks as a DMR AND Sniper. Avoid.

hackusations are pretty nice too, especially when not using jets.

irzdja9XuloaU.PNG

AR160 is basically a 30 round version of SCAR-H, it even has the exact same recoil pattern as the SCAR-H. I find the latter to be better than the former.

SR338 (Recon) is a bad gun, no point in using it. I've had a lot of success with the SR-2 and I think it's pretty good for what it is.

SW40 (new revolver) is a really good pistol and has no revolver delay like the other two revolvers have.

AWS (Support) is god gun. dice pls nerf this damn thing already.

Cool thanks guys. I'll fire it up tonight.

jtenma

Banned
Man, that is the worst console vs PC argument.
???

No no. Im not one of those fanboys. I am just saying that this likely isnt possible on consoles with such precision, plus... my EGO. MY poor EGO :c. I am scared of PC gamers... in shooters anyway.
NOT IN FIGHTERS MUAHAHAHAH >:D
You can pull the same bullshit on consoles

But keep that flag flying, bro.

You can??? :C Well at least there is Civ 5 and fire emblem. They cant take away my strategy! >:O

Kak.efes

I must have gotten thirty marksman over my last couple of play sessions, and I'm trash with bolt rifles.

Firestorm is money for sniping, especially if you're US side; just park yourself on the rooftop of the building that doesn't have a ladder.

TheSeks

I must have gotten thirty marksman over my last couple of play sessions, and I'm trash with bolt rifles.

Once you know the range, it's not that bad. I think the key for me was getting the Range Finder (and the 40x scope) so I could zero in on it without having to worry about drop/them knowing I was aiming at them until it was too late. With the 40x you have to be careful of scope-glint but that shouldn't be a problem if you keep moving around.

Really though, I think my problem was having to switch from PLD to the sniper and then zero/calculate the drop etc. Range Finder drops the PLD middle man for faster sniping.

I still got like 20 or so left but I didn't play today because I'm just fired of being a useless dick for this last sniper rifle...

Dear DICE: No more class-kit vanilla unlocks tied to assignments, plz? BF3 had it perfect. The only problem was the bullshit assignments (made even worse in BF4!) for the DLC weapons. Ain't nobody got time or wanting to do that.

That #Battlefeel.

Gave up BF4 from Thursday. The FPS drops are just too extreme to play now. :( I don't understand it. I've updated my graphics drivers, Windows itself, lowered all settings way below the working default from six months ago. Yuck. I decided to try out other games and quickly got sucked into Warframe for the entire weekend. It reassured me that my laptop is not, in fact, a piece of rubbish that can't run high-fidelity graphics. It's tough not to blame DICE for the problems, based on that. :/ I was considering double-dipping when I get a PS4 sometime this year, but that's definitely out the window now. I'll probably try it every couple of days and see if it improves.

I was considering double-dipping when I get a PS4 sometime this year, but that's definitely out the window now. I'll probably try it every couple of days and see if it improves.

well, Battlefield 5 comes out in 5 months or so, i bet you can wait until that comes out for the PS4 :D

well, Battlefield 5 comes out in 5 months or so, i bet you can wait until that comes out for the PS4 :D

Hard to justify giving them more money after the complete mess 4 has been, though. When it works it's the most fun I've had with an FPS in years, but recently it seems to mostly...not work.

Kabuto

Dang it I wish I had Shadowplay on. D:
I was in a Scout Heli battle and my heli was almost dead so I bailed. Parachuted out, shot a SMAW, and it hit the enemy heli that was flying away. It was the best SMAW shot I've taken so far.

Hard to justify giving them more money after the complete mess 4 has been, though. When it works it's the most fun I've had with an FPS in years, but recently it seems to mostly...not work.

yeah i know how you feel. The game is still an unfinished mess.

And i atleast will wait a few months before buying BF5, and i will not be buying Premium again. Has been such a waste of money this time around beyond saving a few euros. And until they enable servers with ALL maps in rotation i dont see the point.

yeah i know how you feel. The game is still an unfinished mess.

And i atleast will wait a few months before buying BF5, and i will not be buying Premium again. Has been such a waste of money this time around beyond saving a few euros. And until they enable servers with ALL maps in rotation i dont see the point.

Yar, agreed. I'm happy enough with Premium just because of the saving on DLCs, and avoiding the bother of hemming and hawing over each one, but I'd have been a lot happier if the money had more visibly gone to a better game experience. The fact is that BF4 was playable for me pre-NS, and now isn't even close. I hope that changes but that's what it is at the moment, and it's annoying to know that technically I paid for this to happen to me.

Just got the PC version as well (already had it on PS4). Performance is all over the place. Shanghai specially chugs on my rig (1055t and 7950). The lighting & shadowing feature makes the PC version shine IMO. Wish the PS4 had that setting set to ultra.

Due to the horrible performance I prefer the PS4 version for now :p Playing this on PC really shows how good the PS4 port is

Game runs a lot better with new drivers and Mantle support. 60 FPS locked on ultra from the looks of it. I am much happier now :D

guess mantle really helps if your cpu is a complete piece of shit

the best performance patch I have ever seen by far. WOW

drexplora

I've noticed on PC that running NVidia Shadowplay while playing Battlefield 4 will make your game more prone to crashing.

Had a friend who always uses Shadowplay and crashes from time to time to try turning it off, and it stopped most if not all the crashing.

Maybe this might help some.

TheSeks

I've noticed on PC that running NVidia Shadowplay while playing Battlefield 4 will make your game more prone to crashing.

Had a friend who always uses Shadowplay and crashes from time to time to try turning it off, and it stopped most if not all the crashing.

Maybe this might help some.

It helps, but it isn't the cause. There's a memory leak somewhere. Though I haven't gotten it lately, but if you play like six straight hours it'll crash on you.

I just switched to bf4 on pc (from ps4) and I'm terrified to fly since it always pisses me off so bad when a bad pilot gets me killed on console. Do you guys play with the default heli controls on pc? It just feels so foreign I'm having a hard time getting used to it. At least there is the test range...

TheSeks

I just switched to bf4 on pc (from ps4) and I'm terrified to fly since it always pisses me off so bad when a bad pilot gets me killed on console. Do you guys play with the default heli controls on pc? It just feels so foreign I'm having a hard time getting used to it. At least there is the test range...

W/S R/L2 triggers.

Mouse up-down: Pitch
Mouse left-right: Yaw.

A/D: Turn left-right.

Once you adjust to that, it's pretty easy to fly helicopters. But doing it well is the practice part.

I can't for the life of me do jets on keyboards though. Too slow in turning.

burnfout

Hoping for the new servers, tried playing Naval Strike again yesterday ( WHY THE FUCK ), was lagging so hard I could not even switch to my handgun :/

Tubie

I just tried using the server browser and noticed conquest large now caps at 44 players (PS4)...

I checked for every map and that appears to be the new cap.

I hope this is just a temporary fix and not a permanent thing, because I might just move to PC if this is permanent.

Edit: Yea it appears some servers are still 64 players.

Cronnie

I just tried using the server browser and noticed conquest large now caps at 44 players (PS4)...

I checked for every map and that appears to be the new cap.

I hope this is just a temporary fix and not a permanent thing, because I might just move to PC if this is permanent.

There's still a few 64 player servers showing up for me, check your filters?

Personally I'm happy there's servers with a slightly lower player count, I'll definitely be playing on them instead now as they should be smoother.

Personally I'm happy there's servers with a slightly lower player count, I'll definitely be playing on them instead now as they should be smoother.

it's still a joke as 64 player count was a highly touted feature. If they can't get it to work i think we might be eligible for refunds on the game :/

The normal Conquest mode is still absent on PS4, that limits the player count to 32. Thats why there's Conquest and Conquest Large options in the menu.

Cronnie

it's still a joke as 64 player count was a highly touted feature. If they can't get it to work i think we might be eligible for refunds on the game :/

The normal Conquest mode is still absent on PS4, that limits the player count to 32. Thats why there's Conquest and Conquest Large options in the menu.

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you there, from what I've seen they have managed to 64 players working pretty well on those test servers, whether they can roll that out on a larger scale is another thing though.

I still don't understand why they don't have normal Conquest servers up, we might not see them at all until the rented servers are available. For now I guess these 44 player servers will have to do.

I still don't understand why they don't have normal Conquest servers up, we might not see them at all until the rented servers are available.

Somehow I don't think we will be seeing the unofficial servers on consoles at all. BF4 took so many steps backwards from BF3 they are still catching up.

And like i said earlier, seems like Battlefield 5 comes out in less than 6 months. Why bother adding anything to this game anymore beyond a few patches and DLC.

Rented servers would probably be able to have all DLC maps in rotation too, which would be amazing as none of the official servers don't do it for some odd reason.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
R32 Server Update
-Fix for an issue where the player could get stuck in a loading screen on a server that had an uneven number of slots
-Fix for the Live Scoreboard that would be active without a game on a server

Source

Hopefully the rumored client update is the release version!

Somehow I don't think we will be seeing the unofficial servers on consoles at all. BF4 took so many steps backwards from BF3 they are still catching up.

And like i said earlier, seems like Battlefield 5 comes out in less than 6 months. Why bother adding anything to this game anymore beyond a few patches and DLC.

Rented servers would probably be able to have all DLC maps in rotation too, which would be amazing as none of the official servers don't do it for some odd reason.
Battlefield 5 is not coming out this year. A battlefield game may be coming, but I assure you, only DICE will develop the numbered BF installments.

Top Bottom