• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

terrible

Banned
Just rustling some jimmies.

That phrase really rustles my jimmies.

I don't even notice if a squadmate has awful stats if they are giving me ammo or reviving me. That on its own helps me help the team win big time. If you aren't great at killing enemies you can still help a team while you're learning to get better.

burnfout

@Elzar, Codmaul, Floris: if you join my party and hear an awful weird language and lots of yelling, me and my Dutch friends are playing/smoking/drinking :p

Also:

UPDATE 4/30: Due to a high demand for the Rent-a-Server Program on PlayStation 4, we’ve noticed an issue with 64-player servers and removed the RSP option on this platform until players can properly access what they’ve paid for. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve the RSP program.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/rent-a-server-program-live/

Also, new stuff get:

DSC_0235.JPG

Omni

Did they 'upgrade' the servers for all platforms the other day?

I'm not exaggerating, but I've had more rubber banding since the supposed upgrade than I have since launch. This is on 360 by the way. It's irritating

Chaplain

Did they 'upgrade' the servers for all platforms the other day?

I just had rubber banding again yesterday on PS4 after having no issues since they began updating their servers last week. Changing to a different Conquest server quickly fixed the problem.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Yes. I left after getting demolished by that nbk clan on their server. GAF needs to get its shit together. When I left, we had six people on the server, all running in different directions. adamsappel was the only one calling shit out.

With the amount of GAF we had, why didn't we get our own server populated?

With the amount of GAF we had, why didn't we get our own server populated?
Server controls were down last night as they were fixing the 64p error. I'm hoping we can get it up and running tonight.

I'm also wondering if I can't bait and switch by populating it via quickmatch to start each night and then switching over to the mixed maps settings after a few maps. (Not sure if it'll boot everyone)

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Server controls were down last night as they were fixing the 64p error. I'm hoping we can get it up and running tonight.

I'm also wondering if I can't bait and switch by populating it via quickmatch to start each night and then switching over to the mixed maps settings after a few maps. (Not sure if it'll boot everyone)
That's a good idea, I hope it works. I have a code for you btw.

terrible

Banned
When I played BF3 on 360 my friends would just mass invite everyone on their recently played list to fill up their custom server. It worked surprisingly well.

Can you invite people on your recently played with list on PS4?

When I played BF3 on 360 my friends would just mass invite everyone on their recently played list to fill up their custom server. It worked surprisingly well.

Can you invite people on your recently played with list on PS4?
I'm the kind of person who detests the effort and the intrusion, but if others are willing to do it, be my guest.

And yes, I think there's some type of recently played on PS4.

terrible

Banned
On 360 you could send out 20+ invites in probably 10 seconds so the effort required was minimal. With that said it's definitely a pain when you get random invites from people you don't know and like you I don't like bothering people so I didn't partake in the mass invite spamming lol. The results were impressive though.

Bollocks

Great, Metro is unplayable. Had a guy that used the glitch roof, I thought that glitch was useless but turns out you can actually shoot enemies.
Of course no report button whatsoever, let alone kick button, great

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Great, Metro is unplayable. Had a guy that used the glitch roof, I thought that glitch was useless but turns out you can actually shoot enemies.

Uh... Battlelog->Battlereport->Dude's name->Triangle(!)->Report Cheat/Boost->Report?

And yeah, Metro's glitch hasn't been fixed. Only reason to play that map is for POINTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz during 2XP. Otherwise avoid it.

What really makes it silly is you can often see the bottom of their feet padding around the ceiling as they look for new angles to fuck you over from.

Just bought a used copy for my PS4. I had no idea that EA stopped all that online pass bullshit. I guess the guys at Gamestop aren't aaaall bad considering they told me to just get the used one because of it.

Are any of the expansions worth getting?

Tubie

Just bought a used copy for my PS4. I had no idea that EA stopped all that online pass bullshit. I guess the guys at Gamestop aren't aaaall bad considering they told me to just get the used one because of it.

Are any of the expansions worth getting?

I love Naval Strike, China Rising is ok, and I'm not a big fan of Second Assault. But this all depends on taste so who knows how it will be like for you :/

I would play the base game and if you feel you enjoy it enough get Premium.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So pistols only is like honor system? Because yeah I don't see that working too well. :p

Not on PC. There's message filters that if someone uses something but the allowed weapons on the killfeed, it'll kick the person.

DarkFlow

Banned
Not on PC. There's message filters that if someone uses something but the allowed weapons on the killfeed, it'll kick the person.

Is that new because every knife/pistol server I've ever been on people use whatever, and if no admin is around they get away with it.

terrible

Banned
On PC they can also set a server up to autokill if you use a banned weapon. I was hoping you'd be able to outright remove stuff on console with the custom servers. I didn't expect it though.

Is that new because every knife/pistol server I've ever been on people use whatever, and if no admin is around they get away with it.

Nah, like terrible said, the pistol/knife only servers use a server plugin (I think) to autokick anyone who kills someone that the server admins disallow using.

Kinda made it a bit interesting in Locker where you could use C4 on the 2 chokepoints to widen up a bit in C, but if you got a kill with it you die, and if you kill too many people with it, you get kicked out of the server. Of course this is depending on the server. The one I played on every once and a while is reasonably lenient on getting an accidental kill with an explosive.

Top Bottom