• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The amount of incompetent people in this game is absolutely astounding. It's like doing basic actions while playing this game is a challenging and difficult moment in their lives. Giving medkits and reviving people when they need so? Madness!

Eh, I know that feeling. I joined and won like both Rush rounds but on Sabotage the same team was fucking moronic and couldn't get coordinated at all. Shit is majorly frustrating. Though I will say they didn't throw out medikits or revive. I swear to god, I have to do everything (RAMIREZ DO EVERYTHING!) in a round just to get them to lightbulb on it. :/

Played my first round of 400% Locker!!! :-D

We just steamrolled the enemy, then came Metro and we spawned as the americans and anyone can wonder what happened... :-|

I'm just baffled that whoever was in charge of revisiting that map thought it was a good idea to have the new stair connect the bottom part of the metro to the B flag. If those new stairs/corridor took the US team directly to the corridor outside metro between A and B maybe the map wouldn't be so bad as it is right now.

That way the russian team would have to keep some players outside of the metro and away from B to keep an eye on that corridor. Less russians on B would help the US team a bit. This corridor should be wider and with big doors. This would probably help a lot.

Ah, so you haven't played Conquest small where those routes are blocked and it's basically BF3's Meh-tro then?

Protip: In that variant stand outside where the second set of doors is leading from A US side: Shoot through the "rubble" at anyone stupid enough to stand near the doors with grenades or the like.

The Metro maindoors are bulletproof as well. Crouch near them and watch people shoot you but not kill you.

Also downloading Call of Doge PS3 free weekend since it's smaller than the Steam free-weekend (2 gigs versus 7) to see how bad the multiplayer has gotten. Expect to be repulsed.

ChrisW

Really loved playing pistol only servers last night, more about skill that spraying and praying sometimes. Managed to get some good streaks going on with the magnum.

Although it was spoilt by a few people using main weapons.

Have to get GAF playing on one of these servers tonight!

Eh, I know that feeling. I joined and won like both Rush rounds but on Sabotage the same team was fucking moronic and couldn't get coordinated at all. Shit is majorly frustrating. Though I will say they didn't throw out medikits or revive. I swear to god, I have to do everything (RAMIREZ DO EVERYTHING!) in a round just to get them to lightbulb on it. :/

It's unbelievable seeing basic shit like throwing a medkit or an ammo bag not being done when someone asks in the commo rose or even starts shooting at the guy who has it equipped. I understand sometimes they already used it and it's on cooldown etc, but if I have to chase someone across the fucking map for a goddamn ammo box, then that person is either a major asshole or should re-evaluate their decision in playing the game.

It's not like this stuff is somehow hard to understand and/or do either, it takes literally 1 single button to press to throw your medkit/ammo bag. It seriously does not get any more simple than that. It's also infuriating seeing at least 5 medics on around my revivable dead body and not a single one uses a defib on me.

This is just the infantry side of things too, I still get tank gunners that would not stop shooting at jets 700 meters away and lighting my ass up for the entire enemy team to see and hear. Helicopter pilots flying straight to the enemy side of the map for the MAA to instantly kill. Helicopter gunners shooting at jack shit and wasting their ammo and being practically useless as a result.

Despite all of this and the problems this game has, it still manages to be enjoyable for the most part when you play with a few friends and coordinate, so at the very least there's that. Which I suppose explains why I spent as much time as I did in this game.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Man, i hate having slow internet.
I wanna play now!!!!
Damn Xbox One update is a Gig.2

I know the XOne can do background/standby updates for software, but is there a way to set games to update themselves too?

Just got out of a 64 player rush match on PS4, it was pretty glorious, except for the matches being so short because the server owner left the ticket count at 75.

Cronnie

Tried using the squad join earlier and it put me and my group in an empty server twice in a row, gave up on it after that and just joined through the browser.

Has it worked properly for others that have tried it?

meppi

edit: ^nope.

Finally adds an actually party system? Cool

Only works on original maps? DICE

And the first time we tried it last night it gave us an error and kicked us out of the game without even loading the map. lol

Haven't tried it afterwards. DICE gonna DICE. Sucking like the worst of them.

I think a BF4 GAF Xbox platoon might be a good idea considering the other one is mainly PS4 and the XL GT spreadsheet from the OP is seriously outdated. Even if it only gets a couple dozen players we won't have to wade through the PS4 players on battlelog.

I'd be up for a XB1 GAF platoon

If I see a noticeable amount of people here that play on the xbone, I will make it but right now I count 3. You can add me. I mostly play normal conquest.
GT: AlmostMilk

Disguises

Ewww you can't even pick your own server with the new squad beta. Its quick match only. So useless.
Can't even choose Hardcore mode. First time we tried it we got kicked out anyway. Hope it gets fixed. It's astonishing this wasn't present in the first place

Klocker

I wanna play now!!!!

I know the XOne can do background/standby updates for software, but is there a way to set games to update themselves too?

it does them for games but probably it only checks like once per day for updates so it usually updates overnight after release of patch

Bollocks

Lol just steamrolled the other team on Zavod.
32 Players rushing towards the other team's spawn with tanks and all that, it was a sight to behold.
Will go down as one of my greatest online gaming moments

I wanna play now!!!!

It's supposed to auto-DL updates in standby for games and apps, but some users (including myself) had had issues with it working lately.

The GAF server is somehow populated. Running official rules, it's currently on an infantry focused rotation (No Golmud, Rogue, or Paracel)

Ark

Rush sucks on BF4.

Didn't play Rush at all on PS4 but decided to give it a proper crack on PC....man, has Rush always been this bad? I don't remember it being this bullshit back in BC2.

For the most of the life of Naval Strike I've just been playing Operation Mortar Conquest on the test servers. Having played the other three maps a fair amount now I have to say that I love them all except Lost Islands. I hate that map. Only 5 flags in Conquest leaves dozens of islands dead except for the dozens of snipers camping all over the map. All I hear is CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK on that map.

SeanR1221

I feel like I want to like conquest, but it always feels so "dead" to me.

I also feel helpless playing as anything but an engineer. I'm not the best player (by far) but I just feel like domination and rush are a lot more fun.

Bold One

Yeah, I and other play it regularly. It's far more consistent now. Online is still tons of fun.

9UI8uiX.gif

JJD

Have you guys ever felt bad about playing against a horrible team?

I must have faced the most inept bunch of BF4 players today. They never got spawn trapped (gotta hand it to DICE, they learned their lesson on this one. Gone are the days of tank sniping the US aircraft carrier on Noshahr!), but they always lost by a landslide.

I thought about leaving but I was getting MVP ribbons consistently, scoring 15K, 16K on every round (on normal settings) so I stayed until I got the loading screen glitch. Maybe the PS4 was telling me to quit?

Went on some glorious kill streaks, I think my worse K/D ration was around 4.

I must have faced the most inept bunch of BF4 players today. They never got spawn trapped (gotta hand it to DICE, they learned their lesson on this one. Gone are the days of tank sniping the US aircraft carrier on Noshahr!), but they always lost by a landslide.

I thought about leaving but I was getting MVP ribbons consistently, scoring 15K, 16K on every round (on normal settings) so I stayed until I got the loading screen glitch. Maybe the PS4 was telling me to quit?

Went on some glorious kill streaks, I think my worse K/D ration was around 4.

i usually start feeling bad when they get spawn trapped the 2nd game in a row.

terrible

Banned
I usually just start fooling around once the teams get that unbalanced in my favour. Going for road kills or trying to fly jets or something.

I only ever really feel bad for the guys on the other team who are clearly trying to do something but have zero support. The guys sniping from their base? Yeah, I don't feel bad for them.

I only ever really feel bad for the guys on the other team who are clearly trying to do something but have zero support. The guys sniping from their base? Yeah, I don't feel bad for them.

Pretty much this, because I seem to mostly play with inept people I can relate to them :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Maybe in Conquest... in Rush and Sabo? Hahaha, no.

(And thinking on it, maybe not even in Conquest. Sup TV missile to either base if you line the helicopter up well, Siege of Shanghai)

Naval Strike is a good example of the bold not being true. You can get to their base like BC2 and steal their vehicles to trap them in the carrier or having them swim a mile to shore (thereby RHIBing them in the face if you spot them if they don't try underwater insertions)

Top Bottom