• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is that new because every knife/pistol server I've ever been on people use whatever, and if no admin is around they get away with it.

No. Server plugins aren't really new. It's why "no explosion/pistol-only/etc" servers are decent on PC. On consoles you don't have that plugin so you need 24/7 (which is impossible) admin monitoring to "honor system"

Shadybiz

Well, my friend GodofWine and I, I'm pretty sure got pubstomped tonight on Conquest, but damn if the game doesn't run silky smooth on PS4 at this point. I am fine with getting the occasional ass-kicking, as long as I know it was not due to rubberbanding bullcrap. And it seems like my shots are definitely going where I put them, so that's good too.

Orcus

I joined the GAF platoon, but am on XB1. Feel free to add me as well to your friend list (GT: fritolay). However maybe I will have to join another platoon if more GAF folks are on XB1.
I added you. I'm not playing a ton right now because of work, but I'll look out for you when I'm on. Usually I'm on around 9 or 10 PM PST.

burnfout

New Xbone update.

Watching Scoreboard in server browser. Megaton.

WCiu_OBu.jpg

TheSeks

Yeah, I don't get it. It might be changeable, but I sure as hell couldn't find a way to change it. I tried all the setups possible they allow, nothing. Disappointing.

Are you missing "ticket percentage?" That's what it should be called. If it isn't there look for "reinforcement" or some wording like that?

fritolay

Are the Rent servers back up yet for the Xbox One?

I am waiting for the update announcement. I hope so.

Honestly rent a server for this game is what I have been waiting for. I like to join different servers with different map rotations. With the official servers I end up jumping in and out of servers too often.

I'm so fed up playing this with people that don't play the objective (conquest).

Can some people add me or is there a GAF platoon?

PSN: DarrenM

6 months ago: "We purposely excluded this."

Now: "We wanted to include this at launch."

Tomorrow: "We have always been at war with Eurasia."

Initially, Squad Join Beta will be available in the Battlefield 4 base game maps in the Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Obliteration, Rush, and Domination game modes. All the other Battlefield 4 maps and more game modes will be supported in later iterations of Squad Join.

Squad Join Beta (I love how they call it this, like it didn't exist in BF3 or BC2) only works in the vanilla maps. So it won't work for custom servers?

FUCK YOU, DICE!

Forgive me padre for I have sinned...

Playing on Locker in a pistols only server last night and some douche-noob on the other team was using a shotgun.

So I proceeded to crush him (both in score and heads-up) tea-bagging the ever living shit out of him every time.

Then, when the game was almost over, and I was out of ammo on my pistol, I grabbed the USAS Frag and killed with that, as a special fuck you.

ChrisW

Enjoying pistol only servers, although I don't get how it says "your rules" when looking to rent a server, but won't let you enforce specific guns

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

Playing on Locker in a pistols only server last night and some douche-noob on the other team was using a shotgun.

So I proceeded to crush him (both in score and heads-up) tea-bagging the ever living shit out of him every time.

Then, when the game was almost over, and I was out of ammo on my pistol, I grabbed the USAS Frag and killed with that, as a special fuck you.
Neogaf needs a like button.

I have been playing pistol only to finish up my phantom assignment. Seems every server there is always one ass hole running around with a shotty or AR. Then there is the ingles where everyone said fuck it and no one was using pistols.

TheSeks

Squad join beta. Oh boy. *twirls finger in the air*

Are you saying that they are finally putting in a squad join feature after banshee screams for 7 months?

Watch it be like BF3 where "create a squad" and then using matchmaking or the filter means you'll automatically be "auto-balanced" between both teams because there's not enough space for your squad.

(Or on PC when you and your squad suddenly steamroll the enemy side, they'll ragequit and the auto-balance plugin "kicks in 5... 4... 3..." YOUR TEAM HAS BEEN AUTO-BALANCED DESPITE #WINNING #DEALWITHIT

Really, "join a soldier" is nice but the major problem is that "join a soldier" right now doesn't take in regards your friendlist and seeing if your squad contains more of those people. Instead it goes "oh there's no space on that squad *yank the person that is being joined on, create a new squad and put him and the person that was joining on him in a two-person squad despite being in a 4+ friend squad before the join*"

mitchman

Gold Member
Really, "join a soldier" is nice but the major problem is that "join a soldier" right now doesn't take in regards your friendlist and seeing if your squad contains more of those people. Instead it goes "oh there's no space on that squad *yank the person that is being joined on, create a new squad and put him and the person that was joining on him in a two-person squad despite being in a 4+ friend squad before the join*"

Yes, luckily that can be turned off. You knew that, right? :)

Nice.

Jarrod38

What region, mode, game types, and maps? As long as hardcore isn't in your answer I'll join later tonight.
Sorry I'm more of a hardcore person. I'm looking at maybe 24/7 TDM or Conquest.

Didn't think anyone here besides me played on the xbone. Should probably get a group going and playing first before a server is rented. Prices for that are ridiculous.
GT: MonsterTard 06

Kane is dead to me.

I'm playing BF4 again.

Feels terrible.

The amount of incompetent people in this game is absolutely astounding. It's like doing basic actions while playing this game is a challenging and difficult moment in their lives. Giving medkits and reviving people when they need so? Madness!

The amount of pieces of shit that still use Active Radar and camp in their base with the MAA is also quite impressive. This game can be such a giant pile of pure shit sometimes. Yeah fuck this game, still too much BS.

I also just noticed that I have played over 500 hours in this game. What is wrong with me.

Orcus

Didn't think anyone here besides me played on the xbone. Should probably get a group going and playing first before a server is rented. Prices for that are ridiculous.
I think a BF4 GAF Xbox platoon might be a good idea considering the other one is mainly PS4 and the XL GT spreadsheet from the OP is seriously outdated. Even if it only gets a couple dozen players we won't have to wade through the PS4 players on battlelog.

terrible

Banned
It's really hard to win a game of CQ when the bottom 16 players on your team are completely worthless. We got rolled by a team of randoms. That's one of the most embarrassing rounds I've ever been part of lol.

hopefully they quickmatch to servers with a 4+ player deficit in an effort to restore team balance.

That's probably why it's restricted to quick join only. This is DICE though so who knows.

fritolay

I think a BF4 GAF Xbox platoon might be a good idea considering the other one is mainly PS4 and the XL GT spreadsheet from the OP is seriously outdated. Even if it only gets a couple dozen players we won't have to wade through the PS4 players on battlelog.

I'd be up for a XB1 GAF platoon

Heroman

Banned
It's really hard to win a game of CQ when the bottom 16 players on your team are completely worthless. We got rolled by a team of randoms. That's one of the most embarrassing rounds I've ever been part of lol.

That's probably why it's restricted to quick join only. This is DICE though so who knows.
That was an awful game.

JJD

Played my first round of 400% Locker!!! :-D

We just steamrolled the enemy, then came Metro and we spawned as the americans and anyone can wonder what happened... :-|

I'm just baffled that whoever was in charge of revisiting that map thought it was a good idea to have the new stair connect the bottom part of the metro to the B flag. If those new stairs/corridor took the US team directly to the corridor outside metro between A and B maybe the map wouldn't be so bad as it is right now.

That way the russian team would have to keep some players outside of the metro and away from B to keep an eye on that corridor. Less russians on B would help the US team a bit. This corridor should be wider and with big doors. This would probably help a lot.

Top Bottom