• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Erban1

Umm an engineer is an anti vehicle class. That's there medium-long range engagement. The carbine/PDWs are to make sure they don't get ganked when someone gets close to them. If you want medium-long infantry engagement thats what assault and support are for. The whole point of classes is that they have strengths and weakness, med-long infantry is engineers' weakness.

Well engies do have DMRs at their disposal. I know most people aren't a fan, but I really enjoy the challenge and can hold my own at most ranges. Even close up with canted irons you can honestly go toe to toe with most players if you can aim. Sure you have a disadvantage in speed, but if your opponents aim isn't dialed in it's not difficult to land 3 shots to the chest. Personally I find the engineer class to be the most flexible class in the game.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Well engies do have DMRs at their disposal. I know most people aren't a fan, but I really enjoy the challenge and can hold my own at most ranges. Even close up with canted irons you can honestly go toe to toe with most players if you can aim. Sure you have a disadvantage in speed, but if your opponents aim isn't dialed in it's not difficult to land 3 shots to the chest. Personally I find the engineer class to be the most flexible class in the game.
Aaaaand we come full circle.

terrible

Banned
Ahh, TDM. We've identified the source of your misconceptions.

Seriously though, you're right about the BF4 population in general--terrible players.

I did it in TDM because it's by far the fairest mode to do it with. In CQ I play the objective and 90% of my encounters are within 20M as I cap or defend. That's terrible for DMR usage. In TDM I can set shop and play at ~75-150M. Didn't land anything in those ranges worth noting though since DMRs are junk. First shot hits then they run. By the time you can fire your next shot in order to stay accurate they're gone.

Honestly there's not a range where I'd rather have a DMR but I can't count how many times I wished I had a Carbine when someone got close when I had a DMR.

So yeah, I totally dislike DMRs if you can't tell haha.

njean777

I finally played the ps4 version for quite a bit today and finally the servers are fixed. I will not be buying BF5 for awhile until after launch, but I am now happy I can finally play the game that I bought in November.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
haven't touched this shitfest for a good month or so. Last DICE game i buy before month 6.

Huh? Has it really been a month since Dark Souls 2 launched? I know you were playing a week or so before that.

I personally liked how they were in BF3.

I seriously don't get why they needed to change the DMR and Carbines (and hell, the PDW's) from what they were in BF3. They were fine there, and the DMR's at least weren't completely redundant at all ranges.

Kabuto

DICE to Launch Community Test Platform for Battlefield 4

727921.jpg

DICE!!!
This should have been done months ago but
I'm thankful that they want our input and still want to fix the game. I'm more excited for this than the DLCs right now.

terrible

Banned
DICE to Launch Community Test Platform for Battlefield 4

727921.jpg

DICE!!!
This should have been done months ago but
I'm thankful that they want our input and still want to fix the game. I'm more excited for this than the DLCs right now.

PC only and I imagine it'll stay that way. I think Sony/Microsoft have set limits in terms of bandwidth that'll stop them from ever having a good tick rate. It's unfortunate. I wish they'd allow devs to do whatever they want. This is great news for PC though. I'll probably play a lot more on PC if they fix these issues.

TheSeks

I feel that's too little, too late. Like you said: Should've been done months ago. Hell, should've been done during BF4's "beta" phase two years back when they said BF3 Premium/MoH:Warfighter buyers would get in the beta if they bought that game day-one.

Community could've told them DMR's are redundant and PDW's as engineer only is stupid before they were "hard-coded"/locked-in, for example.

I think I even said they should've done this (make Premium/"their hardcore fans" a "beta-tester" in regards to changes) back during BF3. Oh well, maybe less "gentleman.jpg" changes will happen and stuff like the flashlights will never happen again.

Edit: Apparently the site is up but "not open to new testers" guess it'll go "Live-Live" in the next few hours/whenever DICE gets off their Sweedish asses to open it to Premium. *shrug*

terrible

Banned
What, do you only play CQ Metro and Locker or something?

I play entire rotations, I don't cherry pick maps personally. On foot I usually stick with the close flags so I spend less time going from one place to another and spend more time at an actual objective. When I go to other flags that are far away I generally Jeep it up or something to get in close quickly.

Examples:

On Zavod I focus on C, D, and E. Very close quarters.
On Shanghai I focus on B, C, and D. Most action is near C and is pretty close quarters.
On Floodzone I focus on the central flags (B, C). Lots of action in stairways and other CQ situations.

etc

Facism

Huh? Has it really been a month since Dark Souls 2 launched? I know you were playing a week or so before that.

I seriously don't get why they needed to change the DMR and Carbines (and hell, the PDW's) from what they were in BF3. They were fine there, and the DMR's at least weren't completely redundant at all ranges.

I was playing DS2 on PS3 before the PC version :3

TheSeks

I was playing DS2 on PS3 before the PC version :3

I was saying BF4 playing. You were playing it before the PC release a week before IIRC.

Ody said:
Is this sight for the F2000 not in BF3? I'm almost certain that I've used it at one time or another.

The F2000-base sight that it generally comes from the manufacture (IIRC) with? It's not in BF3. If I remember right, some of the community was (justifiably since it is manufacture default and they don't throw you the iron-sights only) pissed about so they threw it back in BF4. I don't know if it's a Battlepack or default unlock though. I haven't gone out of my way to look for that.

terrible

Banned
I was saying BF4 playing. You were playing it before the PC release a week before IIRC.

The F2000-base sight that it generally comes from the manufacture (IIRC) with? It's not in BF3. If I remember right, some of the community was (justifiably since it is manufacture default and they don't throw you the iron-sights only) pissed about so they threw it back in BF4. I don't know if it's a Battlepack or default unlock though. I haven't gone out of my way to look for that.

I think it's default. It was the first sight I used when I unlocked it right after the DLC came out at least. It's such an incredibly ugly
yet super sexy
gun and scope.

Y0j1mb0

I finally played the ps4 version for quite a bit today and finally the servers are fixed. I will not be buying BF5 for awhile until after launch, but I am now happy I can finally play the game that I bought in November.

Same experience. Played a shit ton of Conquest last night and everything was running on all cylinders. I'm still pissed it took so long to get it right but damn if it isn't fun when the game runs the way it's supposed to. I believe I'll be getting back into the fray.

You're a corner camper, you're a corner camper, everybody's a corner camper!

We all know the proper way to cap a flag is to move to the center and empty a mag into the air unsilenced, thereby alerting all enemies in the area to your dominance.

terrible

Banned
I don't always sit in a corner, but when I do, it's because I'm waiting for that mean chopper to go away while my health recharges.

terrible

Banned
You should be shooting it with frag rounds.

Challenge accepted.

I'll try to take out a Little Bird pilot with frag rounds sometime. I'll post it in here if I'm successful. I wonder what map would be best for this.

edit: I don't have frag rounds on any gun. Guess I need to unlock that first.

haven't touched this shitfest for a good month or so. Last DICE game i buy before month 6.

Same here. But these reports of decent performance are encouraging. I'm coming back tonight, maybe. Maybe. But I'm out for quite some time already, the skill drop will probably be extreme enough to question that decision. (Hope you're ready to point and laugh Seks.)

I'm not exactly a bad player lol.

I attempt to attack/defend flags as much as possible. I don't sit around.

Capping flags is sitting around. Literally. As Dakar pointed out, the most effective way to accomplish the "objective" is to lay-in-wait.

I'm not saying it makes you a bad player. I'm saying that sitting in corners isn't the best way to judge DMRs. To each his own, but Conquest is boring as hell.

When play Conquest with a competent squad, we usually empty the server. Ask Dakar and Sharp where they went during that Zavod game last night.

Come play Rush or CTF with us sometime. It's way more fun to have a concrete, focused objective.

TheSeks

Same here. But these reports of decent performance are encouraging. I'm coming back tonight, maybe. Maybe. But I'm out for quite some time already, the skill drop will probably be extreme enough to question that decision. (Hope you're ready to point and laugh Seks.)

At least we can blame you dying often on the CTE being closed and them not testing in live environments, eh? :p

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Capping flags is sitting around. Literally. As Dakar pointed out, the most effective way to accomplish the "objective" is to lay-in-wait.

I'm not saying it makes you a bad player. I'm saying that sitting in corners isn't the best way to judge DMRs. To each his own, but Conquest is boring as hell.

When play Conquest with a competent squad, we usually empty the server. Ask Dakar and Sharp where they went during that Zavod game last night.

Come play Rush or CTF with us sometime. It's way more fun to have a concrete, focused objective.

It was the end of the night and we got switched to a bad fucking team. You want to act like you wouldn't have left and called it a night? Most in here would laugh hysterically if you tried.

Dakar, I think the new BFF season starts next week.

terrible

Banned
Conquest is such a thing of beauty. It's pretty much my favourite FPS game mode of all time I think. That's the mode I started with in BF1942 though so it's got its hooks in me. For people that started the series at BC1 or something Rush is probably the mode you'd like.

I'll play any mode really if it means playing with fun players but I'd never go out of my way to play Rush or something like that normally.

TheSeks

Conquest is pretty boring. Also the only gametype in BF4 that isn't terrible, though.

O NO U DIDN'

Gurl, hold my purse. I'm about to run a train on this fool talking bad about my Sabotage.

It's only sitting around if the cap is undefended. That applies more to bad/big maps like Golmud and such. The rest of time you're fighting to take it or keep it.

You mean the game where we got team switched, were pinned to one cap within one minute and had 24 people in a 64 player server?

Anyway, as someone who hates GAF v GAF you're last person that should be remarking on it.

It was a ranked server rather than official – there was no way to fill it out with quick join.

CTF is great, and a lot less frustrating than rush. I just wish there were more maps (Speaking as someone who like 3 out of the 4 maps).

Obliteration is good too. I don't recall what your objection to that is.

Conquest is such a thing of beauty. It's pretty much my favourite FPS game mode of all time I think. That's the mode I started with in BF1942 though so it's got its hooks in me. For people that started the series at BC1 or something Rush is probably the mode you'd like.

I'll play any mode really if it means playing with fun players but I'd never go out of my way to play Rush or something like that normally.
Back when I played Halo 3, Big Team Battle used to occasionally have a game mode that I loved come up – Land Grab. Conquest is pretty much the same thing.

It's only sitting around if the cap is undefended. That applies more to bad/big maps like Golmud and such. The rest of time you're fighting to take it or keep it.

You mean the game where we got team switched, were pinned to one cap within one minute and had 24 people in a 64 player server?

Anyway, as someone who hates GAF v GAF you're last person that should be remarking on it.

It was a ranked server rather than official – there was no way to fill it out with quick join.

CTF is great, and a lot less frustrating than rush. I just wish there were more maps (Speaking as someone who like 3 out of the 4 maps).

Obliteration is good too. I don't recall what your objection to that is.

The parachute spawn is why I don't like Obliteration. Airburst spam from infinitely spawning enemies is the wackest.

I wasn't calling you out for leaving. Let me be clear--I rage quit more than the rest of you combined. What I should have said is that Conquest is usually a steamroll. When we have a competent team, that is a team of participants (they don't even have to be decent, they just have to care a little about the flags), people on the other side quit. When we get stuck on the team with three squads trying to snipe from the deployment, I quit. That's not fun to me.

What's fun to me is when we have two minutes left to cap the last flag as both teams are fighting it out around the flag carrier as he slogs across the map.

TheSeks

5v5 CoD gametypes are the reason I buy Battlefield.

That's S&D, and I'll agree that's a terrible thought out mode.

Sabotage meanwhile is the best thing to come from BF4. Fighting over a bomb in the seas never gets old.

TheSeks

Is rush better with an adjusted ticket count now, or is it the same as before?

Same as before. It's pretty much a set design issue than ticket issue. Though tickets kinda (KINDA) counter-act the terrible set designs depending on the map and set.

75-150 ticket 32/64 player Seige First set rooftop camping sandbagging is the same as setting it to 500%. Just now you're playing for hours because they won't get off the roof.

Top Bottom