• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Same as before. It's pretty much a set design issue than ticket issue. Though tickets kinda (KINDA) counter-act the terrible set designs depending on the map and set.

75-150 ticket 32/64 player Seige First set rooftop camping sandbagging is the same as setting it to 500%. Just now you're playing for hours because they won't get off the roof.

Without any evidence to back it up, I call bullshit. The reason high-ticket servers favor attackers has to do with psychology. Defenders straight up get bored of doing their job.

Now if someone here who has a server were to set it to Rush and adjust the ticket count slightly...

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Without any evidence to back it up, I call bullshit. The reason high-ticket servers favor attackers has to do with psychology. Defenders straight up get bored of doing their job.

Now if someone here who has a server were to set it to Rush and adjust the ticket count slightly...

Problem is getting it populated. You make any changes and it becomes a "ranked" server, not an "official" server. Only official servers auto-populate through quick match. If you up the ticket count and make it ranked, you are relying on people using server browser and it seems no one uses server browser in this game.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

I'd be happy to give it a shot though and set up a Rush play list if we are all on and everyone is down for it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So I just started playing this on PS4. I'm profoundly bad at it, but it's lots of fun and just what I needed on the system (a multiplayer timesink). I think I'll buy the naval DLC since the large scale battles are always the best. I just applied for the platoon, so whoever runs it needs to approve king-snuggles. Thanks.

Just joined a West Coast server and it was lagging like crazy! I think it was on my end but every thing was in slo-mo. Did a server test and i had an 80 ping with no packet loss... dafuq

I haven't gotten to play with PS4GAF yet due to the weird hours that I have to play right now. However, Conquest is my favorite mode followed by CTF and Carrier Assault. I fucking hate Rush in BF4 because none of the maps were built specifically for it. If BF4 had Arica Harbor Rush I'd play it like crazy.

The other small modes are only good for quick leveling of weapons and rank boosting. Obliteration would be good if not for the parachute spawn and the low playercount. I didn't get BF4 on the PS4 to play in small games, if I wanted that I would have gotten the PS3 version. 64 players or bust.

i couldn't stop laughing while playing this game yesterday

used edbot on metro and i scored 27 kills and 1 death. trolling snipers and campers was sooo much fun!!! EDBOT on metro = awesome

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i couldn't stop laughing while playing this game yesterday

used edbot on metro and i scored 27 kills and 1 death. trolling snipers and campers was sooo much fun!!! EDBOT on metro = awesome

Now use an MAV fly it around and spot people (and blow up C4) people will call you an asshole in text-chat doing both of those. Double-so in 2XP weekends in the "meatgrinder"/explosives enabled servers.

Not my fault the map is stupid and I want to do something different than chuck grenades.

The reason high-ticket servers favor attackers has to do with psychology. Defenders straight up get bored of doing their job.

No, the reason high-ticket servers favor attackers is that their consequences for their deaths (the whole reason of Rush) matters little. When you can throw yourself at the enemy for 400-ish tickets, why bother reviving or even healing? Just throw grenades, rush to the crates and arm. No big deal if you die you can just pop back up 10 seconds later to throw grenades and rush in and hold the objective again. Rinse and repeat.

Again: Anything above 150 tickets (and that's going for 64-players, which the mode isn't intended for, BTW) is stupid. It heavily lopsides the mode toward the attackers because there's no need to worry about your deaths or reviving anyone.

Sure you can win as defense in 500 ticket servers, I don't discount it. I've seen it happen. But the "evidence" is that: There's no value to death which the mode wants. You want to "rush" the defense, arm the objectives and hold while worrying about staying alive so you don't burn your "reinforcements" before the objectives blow. With 500 tickets, there's no need to worry.

But that's not the biggest deal with the mode in BF4 since the set placements and map design (Shanghai second set tank tactic, I'm looking at you) show that DICE didn't even playtest the mode.

Obliteration would be good if not for the parachute spawn and the low playercount. I didn't get BF4 on the PS4 to play in small games, if I wanted that I would have gotten the PS3 version. 64 players or bust.

Er-So play it with 64 players via the server browser? In fact, it's probably the "only" 32-player intended mode that actually improves with 64-players because it becomes pure chaos in holding and moving the bomb. Again: Sabotage is probably the best new mode they added to BF4 because it has Rush's focus with "Conquests" defend the points mentality with map movement between both teams.

Milennia

debating on coming back to the game after months of hiatus, playing other shooters.

that squad up addition may have hooked me.
that and like half of my wow guild plays lol.

Er-So play it with 64 players via the server browser? In fact, it's probably the "only" 32-player intended mode that actually improves with 64-players because it becomes pure chaos in holding and moving the bomb. Again: Sabotage is probably the best new mode they added to BF4 because it has Rush's focus with "Conquests" defend the points mentality with map movement between both teams.
Yeah, sure. If Ranked servers were actually populated. Even with the PS4's playerbase rivaling that of the PC it is insanely hard to find a full Ranked server, and if you do it is likely a clan server and you'll get pub stomped.

No, the reason high-ticket servers favor attackers is that their consequences for their deaths (the whole reason of Rush) matters little. When you can throw yourself at the enemy for 400-ish tickets, why bother reviving or even healing? Just throw grenades, rush to the crates and arm. No big deal if you die you can just pop back up 10 seconds later to throw grenades and rush in and hold the objective again. Rinse and repeat.

Goddamn, son. If the attackers didn't heal and revive, defense would actually be easier. If Rush attack was as simple as throwing grenades and running to the crate, it would be won more frequently.

Is it hard coming up with all this horseshit on your own?

DoubleD

Just joined a West Coast server and it was lagging like crazy! I think it was on my end but every thing was in slo-mo. Did a server test and i had an 80 ping with no packet loss... dafuq
I was lagging a bit last night. I'm pretty sure it was on my end in that instance as well. Hit markers were garbage too.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got internetz back! It plays so smooth now!

Hit me up to test some Squad Up option if you see me online tonight

Conquest is such a thing of beauty. It's pretty much my favourite FPS game mode of all time I think. That's the mode I started with in BF1942 though so it's got its hooks in me. For people that started the series at BC1 or something Rush is probably the mode you'd like.

I'll play any mode really if it means playing with fun players but I'd never go out of my way to play Rush or something like that normally.
I started with 1942 and loved it, but Rush in BC2 is the series (and MP gaming in general) high point for me. It had the best feeling of teamwork out of all of the BF games I've played (which is all of them bar BF2142). Part of that is probably down to the people I played with: I was in a large social gaming clan for BFBC2 and we played pretty much every night and were always mic'd up.

I think BF3 and BF4 trying to be all things to all men has been a disservice. The maps have been jacks of all modes and master of none, unlike the entries which came before that had much more focused map design.

Acorn

Why are there a complete lack of servers mixed with dlc maps on ps4? I thought rental servers would fix that since dice weren't doing it.

Does it make the server 'ranked' instead of 'official' or something?

Anybody see any good deals on Premium lately? Thinking about making the jump but I'm also wondering if it'd be worth waiting for when EA does a pre-E3 Origin sale?

Fuck this game's lack of controller support in campaign on PC. Two games in a row now, you really have to wonder if it's gimped deliberately for some reason.

TheSeks

MPX and Desert Eagle will be interesting. I dunno how I feel about the sniper or the other guns.

Gadgets seem blech. :/ Probably like the AA mine where it sounds good on paper but isn't really practical.

I'm interested in how the Ballistic Shield will play. Probably like MW2 where someone can C4 your feet or something and boom, over. But if it has some use, it won't be a waste of time, I guess...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm interested in how the Ballistic Shield will play. Probably like MW2 where someone can C4 your feet or something and boom, over. But if it has some use, it won't be a waste of time, I guess...

It was supposed to let you use a handgun while carrying it, but memory limitations (or something of the like) on last gen versions meant that wasn't going to happen after all. Total roostersauce if you ask me, but whatever...

I like the weapons though, I've got a thing for handguns... it's not overtly sexual, but...

At least we can blame you dying often on the CTE being closed and them not testing in live environments, eh? :p

If you like. Or, as mentioned before, my distinct lack of skill.

Oh my god, the Unica6? :eek: And Desert Eagle, we'll see how that goes. But as a pistol/handcannon lover, looks like a tashty patch for me. Interested to see how the ballistic shield works out, too.

I like the weapons though, I've got a thing for handguns... it's not overtly sexual, but...

This guy knows what's up.

On to last night, and my attempt to come back to the game. Some success, in that ping seemed more than acceptable, but these jumps and graphical/audio lag were all still there (still on lowest settings from before). In desperation I repaired the installation, no apparent change. Even when I decided to test out the graphics independent of ping in Campaign mode, the cutscenes - cutscenes! - were jerky. When I got into the mission, I bumped everything up to Ultra to see if there was any difference. In fact, things got no worse. The problems were about the same. I realised that it might truly have nothing to do with graphics, and, feeling like an idiot, tabbed out and looked suspiciously at my 30-tab Chrome. >.< Once I closed that, the campaign ran so flawlessly and looked so good that I decided to play on, and ended up finishing mission 2 and 3. Finally able to enjoy playing the damn game after more than a month. Here's hoping the same solution will allow me to at least have a fighting chance online again.

And if anyone else is experiencing general game badness, and you're a tab-saving fiend like me, try closing all of them but BL, or just the browser altogether, once you're in game. I think it may just be the solution for me.

mitchman

Gold Member
The problems were about the same. I realised that it might truly have nothing to do with graphics, and, feeling like an idiot, tabbed out and looked suspiciously at my 30-tab Chrome. >.< Once I closed that, the campaign ran so flawlessly and looked so good that I decided to play on, and ended up finishing mission 2 and 3. Finally able to enjoy playing the damn game after more than a month. Here's hoping the same solution will allow me to at least have a fighting chance online again.

And if anyone else is experiencing general game badness, and you're a tab-saving fiend like me, try closing all of them but BL, or just the browser altogether, once you're in game. I think it may just be the solution for me.

Yeah, running any web browser that uses hardware acceleration and gfx memory per tab (Chrome, Opera et all) might cause games to swap in and out between gfx and computer memory, which will cause lag. Opera (chromium-based version) got experimental support for hibernation of tabs which could remove this issue for the most part, though.

Yeah, running any web browser that uses hardware acceleration and gfx memory per tab (Chrome, Opera et all) might cause games to swap in and out between gfx and computer memory, which will cause lag. Opera (chromium-based version) got experimental support for hibernation of tabs which could remove this issue for the most part, though.

Yeah, it all made sense as soon as I thought of it. I'm just mad I never thought of it previously. >.< So many wasted hours messing about. Just embarrassing.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I got a weird bug last night (Oman), my character started to fall into the geometry even after i respwaned several times.
And some of the debris and other physic objects had a constant velocity all moving on the same direction. It was pretty weird

1369.gif

Dubz

After a six month wait I can confidently say that BF4 is working in the PS4. No rubber band lag in 64 player conquest...w00t?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I've had a little lag and a lot of framerate issues. A pain that conquest is the only good way to get XP.

i've had no lag issues after the update, buuuut a lot of framerate drops in DLC maps and more random "you have lost connection to the server" messages.

olimpia84

i've had no lag issues after the update, buuuut a lot of framerate drops in DLC maps and more random "you have lost connection to the server" messages.

Last night we (gaffers) played for about 2 hours straight and I did not have any issues; no rubberbanding, no lag, no framerate drops. When this game works is fantastic.

TheSeks

Last night we (gaffers) played for about 2 hours straight and I did not have any issues; no rubberbanding, no lag, no framerate drops. When this game works is fantastic.

Too bad those times are rare, eh?

(New ranks: DICE be trolling. FUUUUU)

olimpia84

Too bad those times are rare, eh?

(New ranks: DICE be trolling. FUUUUU)

Not as of late. In fact ever since they upgraded the servers (which was a few weeks ago I believe) I haven't had a single rubberbanding issue with the exception of one european DICE server I jumped in to play with meppi.

TheSeks

Yeah, transcontent lag this outing is wonky. I tried playing on German servers when DICE was testing their "rubberbanding" on PC and had a few hiccups. Hopefully that CTE about the netcode (which is/was the first thing they were testing) garners some improvement on that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Recent Sharefactory release is giving me a bit of an itch for Battlefield... helps there's like nothing else to play on PS4.

I'll just follow Seks around doing commentary on everything he does wrong every moment.

Edit: Btw, is BF4 fixed yet?

Edit: Btw, is BF4 fixed yet?

Nope.

BTW, some folks from Symthic reporting the packet sending on CTE servers tripled compared to the standard servers apparently. (tickrate increase basically). So there seems to be genuinely some interesting stuff happening with the CTE stuff DICE is doing.

The SW40 has trigger delay, AWS has new recoil values, and the CBJ (the nail gun PDW I presume) has a new damage model on the CTE servers.
This is may or may not make its way to the non-CTE servers.

All Dragon's Teeth Weapons In-Game

Weapons clearly unfinished, but dat unica6 reload doe, and LOL at the new and improved edition of Wall-E.

Ballistic Shield will be a support exclusive gadget as far as I'm aware. The new Wall-E bot is probably gonna be Recon exclusive.

New Ranks:
J03cMnJ-l.jpg

Sources: Reddit /r/Battlefield_4, Symthic.com, and mp1st.com

The rubberbanding is gone, but frame drops and netcode problems persist.

It's playable, but the real issue with enjoying this game is its balance problems. Those don't seem to be going anywhere.

TheSeks

CBJ defo needs a new damage model. Using it for the assignment and it's just bad. Other PDW's lay it out in seconds, FFS.

AWS getting further nerfs is needed but ultimately sad.

Jarrod38

Nope.

BTW, some folks from Symthic reporting the packet sending on CTE servers tripled compared to the standard servers apparently. (tickrate increase basically). So there seems to be genuinely some interesting stuff happening with the CTE stuff DICE is doing.

The SW40 has trigger delay, AWS has new recoil values, and the CBJ (the nail gun PDW I presume) has a new damage model on the CTE servers.
This is may or may not make its way to the non-CTE servers.

All Dragon's Teeth Weapons In-Game

Weapons clearly unfinished, but dat unica6 reload doe, and LOL at the new and improved edition of Wall-E.

Ballistic Shield will be a support exclusive gadget as far as I'm aware. The new Wall-E bot is probably gonna be Recon exclusive.

New Ranks:
J03cMnJ-l.jpg

Sources: Reddit /r/Battlefield_4, Symthic.com, and mp1st.com

I see the desert eagle is coming, but why do we need another .44 caliber gun.

Jb

Hola amigos! Now that I feel that I've gotten pretty decent at the game I'd love for someone to add me to the Gaf PS4 platoon: lashlak78
Thanks!

The rubberbanding is gone, but frame drops and netcode problems persist.

It's playable, but the real issue with enjoying this game is its balance problems. Those don't seem to be going anywhere.

Yeah, very much agree. Netcode + balance problems are what's really hurting the game as of now IMO. Although the netcode stuff seems to be improving according to the people playing the in CTE servers.

The altitude bug where aircrafts are invincible to cannon damage is also a major issue that still hasn't been fixed, and has been around for at least a month. This bug has made the OP gunship even more powerful because it can be so damn hard to kill, especially moreso on some maps. Other jet pilots now intentionally abuse the bug to avoid being shot down now too.

I see the desert eagle is coming, but why do we need another .44 caliber gun.
DICE decides to choose what weapons to add, so IDK. That new revolver is probably gonna have a trigger delay too, which begs the question; why use any of the revolvers when the Desert Eagle uses a .44 like the magnum (meaning probably the same damage output) and has no trigger delay? Not to mention the recoil doesn't seem to be too bad either according to the game files that people checked.

.50 AE isn't the same as .44 Mag. If you want to talk about ordnance redundancy, count how many 5.56 NATO weapons are in this game.
The Desert Eagle in this game will be using a .44 Mag, not the .50 AE.

Top Bottom