• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You know maybe the most offensive thing about BF4?

When you have the DD version... the SP installs before the MP.

#DICETROLL

Since we have our own server, any of you guys wants to do a pick up game? (on ps4)
Regular stuff you know, 2 captains, drafting, best out of 3, different game modes

Evolved1

So do the customs emblems work yet or what?

I see them in people's sharefactory vids, but mine are just the generic flags still....

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So do the customs emblems work yet or what?

I see them in people's sharefactory vids, but mine are just the generic flags still....

Have you changed a camo on a gun? I dunno why but Battlelog has to "query" itself to check for the emblem while changing the paint.

Evolved1

Have you changed a camo on a gun? I dunno why but Battlelog has to "query" itself to check for the emblem while changing the paint.

Okay thanks, I'll try that.

Means I have to cycle camos on everything lol.

Guys- How does loadout switching work in this game. I just noticed (450 matches in) that you can set different loadouts for each class, but how do you switch between matches?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EA Australia is hosting a "Battlefield Film" competition, where folk can make a film using machinima, animation, live action, or whatever, themed around Battlefield, to win $10,000.

This is out entry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7GgduhwfGU

I can't believe trigger delay is an actual thing. DICE, it just makes people not use those weapons.

I like it in theory, but it should be done differently. The trigger should break at different points on the controller trigger's stroke.

A bolt gun with a 2lb trigger in real life should break as soon as you touch the controller's trigger. A double action revolver should require you to press the trigger all the way down.

EA Australia is hosting a "Battlefield Film" competition, where folk can make a film using machinima, animation, live action, or whatever, themed around Battlefield, to win $10,000.

lol
Good stuff

I like it in theory, but it should be done differently. The trigger should break at different points on the controller trigger's stroke.

A bolt gun with a 2lb trigger in real life should break as soon as you touch the controller's trigger. A double action revolver should require you to press the trigger all the way down.

You would

terrible

Banned
I hate whenever DICE decides to try to make something "realistic". Suppression? Trigger delay? Stop that it's awful. Leave that kind of stuff to the sim shooters, it's brutal in arcadey games like Battlefield.

I hate whenever DICE decides to try to make something "realistic". Suppression? Trigger delay? Stop that it's awful. Leave that kind of stuff to the sim shooters, it's brutal in arcadey games like Battlefield.

The thing with DICE is that they seemingly go for the realistic approach when it doesn't necessarily work well for the game. Trigger delay is such a shit mechanic that absolutely nobody enjoys dealing with. If they truly think the only way to balance revolvers is to have to use this kind of mechanic then they might as well not add them in the first place. For how much they seem to talk about realism, they do jack shit for when people would generally prefer it in some aspects of the game. Hell, the Russian and Chinese tanks have the same HUD as the American one, why don't they fix that shit for the sake of realism and authenticity (seriously, the T90 HUD was in BC2 AND BF3, why the fuck did they not just copy paste it to BF4?).

Suppression essentially rewards people who can't shoot for shit by handicapping players who can aim better than the other guy trying to kill them.

Suppression + Michael Bay Screen Shake™ = kill me. It's half the reason why playing Recon is such a pain in the ass to play as. If the guy can't kill me, why am I not allowed to have a chance to take him out by aiming better.

scogoth

The thing with DICE is that they seemingly go for the realistic approach when it doesn't necessarily work well for the game. Trigger delay is such a shit mechanic that absolutely nobody enjoys dealing with. If they truly think the only way to balance revolvers is to have to use this kind of mechanic then they might as well not add them in the first place. For how much they seem to talk about realism, they do jack shit for when people would generally prefer it in some aspects of the game. Hell, the Russian and Chinese tanks have the same HUD as the American one, why don't they fix that shit for the sake of realism and authenticity (seriously, the T90 HUD was in BC2 AND BF3, why the fuck did they not just copy paste it to BF4?).

Suppression essentially rewards people who can't shoot for shit by handicapping players who can aim better than the other guy trying to kill them.

Suppression + Michael Bay Screen Shake™ = kill me. It's half the reason why playing Recon is such a pain in the ass to play as. If the guy can't kill me, why am I not allowed to have a chance to take him out by aiming better.

PEW PEW PEW.... bullets whizz by.......... guy is 10 feet away..... I have long barrel bolt action sniper rifle......... aim down sights....... perfect bulls eye on his head....... BOOM

...shot goes 90 degrees out of the barrel and flies 300 yards to the left of his head. DICE physics!

PEW PEW PEW.... bullets whizz by.......... guy is 10 feet away..... I have long barrel bolt action sniper rifle......... aim down sights....... perfect bulls eye on his head....... BOOM

...shot goes 90 degrees out of the barrel and flies 300 yards to the left of his head. DICE physics!

Yup, completely fucks over people who aim better than the moron missing every single one of his shots. It actively punishes Recon players who try to play aggressively too. :\

dLQEUOJ.gif

Shadybiz

Played a bit yesterday. Lag definitely seems to be slightly improved. I still get shot after moving into cover, but it seems that it happens with less frequency than before, which is nice. The fact that there is no perceptible rubberbanding goes a long way towards easing frustration.

I have bad games sometimes. I had one yesterday on Caspian. But you know what frustrates me more than having a bad game? Losing the round, going like 4-12, and STILL being in the top 5, because I'm one of the only people on the team to PTFO.

I got a crave to play since I haven't played in awhile. I updated it and I'm ready to play but every time I choice to play BF4, it gets stuck at the black screen but I can hear music. Do I have to reinstall the entire game? Xbox One version btw

TheSeks

Wasn't that supposed to be fixed with the bullshit "sway" they introduced to where you can "put your bullets where your sway says they'll go?"

TheSeks

Not in a round. Not in a round. Not in a round.

DICE-LA does what DICE-DICE doesn't. *bow* DICE-LA *bow*

xBladeM6x

I just found out that if I turn everything to Ultra, but turn Post Processing to "Low", I get no FPS drops anywhere, on any map. Best part, I don't notice a negative graphical difference from turning it down.

TheSeks

I just found out that if I turn everything to Ultra, but turn Post Processing to "Low", I get no FPS drops anywhere, on any map. Best part, I don't notice a negative graphical difference from turning it down.

You lose some AA, that's about it. It is a minor (though big in your case) performance hit for the GPU.

Facism

horrible weapon unlock critea.

"here, thanks for giving us money, here is your content locked up behind shitty pseudo-achievements because we think you are twats with nothing better to do than jump through these stupid fucking hoops"

TheSeks

horrible weapon unlock critea.

"here, thanks for giving us money, here is your content locked up behind shitty pseudo-achievements because we think you are twats with nothing better to do than jump through these stupid fucking hoops"

Well at least these aren't in a round like the previous two so already MILES better to get than the past.

At least the Phantom Program assignment isn't something stupid or annoying like jet kills this time. With the AWS being beast it should be easy to finish that assignment quickly. The roadkill bit is slightly annoying, but is manageable.

As for unlocking the revolver and deagle, the revolver one sounds fine, so long as it isn't all in-around and the deagle one is just stupid, needing to unlock another assignment first.

Kak.efes

They were thirteen deep, and still lost, against what, four, five GAF?

Their team wasn't great though, plenty of snipers camping the rooftops.

olimpia84

They were thirteen deep, and still lost, against what, four, five GAF?

Their team wasn't great though
, plenty of snipers camping the rooftops.

Neither was ours. When you switched squad with the other gaffers I switched with some 'FURY' clan, there were four of them all over level 100 I believe and they finished near the bottom of the scoreboard. Towards the end they kicked me out because I told them they were useless fucks via the headset lol

Kak.efes

Well, I managed to capture some decent flying footage. Couldn't get into a rhythm though, the GS guys were running dual repair.

Assholes.

A hack that shows where everyone is on the map? Dunno... I just still call bullshit.
Unlimited flares!!!
X2 splash damage!!!
X4 repair speed!!!
X2 reload speed!!!

Or a amazing pilot.. seeing that he only plays with helis, I think he's been practicing. Just like that one guy who flies the little bird in and out of zavods building. Quick turns to escape from lock ons.. that video was epic.

TheSeks

How can you hack in a vehicle? He is just a good player most likely.

The accuracy is the one that I call bullshit on. I'd have to check Splinter and Kane's accuracy stats with jets and helicopters, but there's no way he should have nearly 50% accuracy with a scout helo unless he's god (and no one was firing on him)

The kills themselves are completely within the realm of possibility though if no one is trying to take him out. You can go 25+ in a helicopter pretty easy if no anti-air is happening.

Though, I guess 35,000 kills would be a little suspect given anti-air options, but he mostly plays helicopter-enabled (jet enabled as well on some of them) air-maps so it's not COMPLETELY out of the normal for that to just be "boosting" toward their stats in helicopters.

But yeah, the only suspect thing to me is the accuracy in the helicopters of that round. But I wouldn't go so far to "hackusate" someone like that.

Speaking of Battlelog earlier though: Jesus Christ, Minty: #WINNING

Milennia

A lot of those unlocks seem quite easy on paper, I'm fine with them as of now, well see how they play out in game.

Especially since the only things i care about are the deagle, sniper and the bullpup.

Although that pdw looks nice.

Top Bottom