• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

The accuracy is the one that I call bullshit on. I'd have to check Splinter and Kane's accuracy stats with jets and helicopters, but there's no way he should have nearly 50% accuracy with a scout helo unless he's god (and no one was firing on him)

The kills themselves are completely within the realm of possibility though if no one is trying to take him out. You can go 25+ in a helicopter pretty easy if no anti-air is happening.

Though, I guess 35,000 kills would be a little suspect given anti-air options, but he mostly plays helicopter-enabled (jet enabled as well on some of them) air-maps so it's not COMPLETELY out of the normal for that to just be "boosting" toward their stats in helicopters.

But yeah, the only suspect thing to me is the accuracy in the helicopters of that round. But I wouldn't go so far to "hackusate" someone like that.

Speaking of Battlelog earlier though: Jesus Christ, Minty: #WINNING

Little Bird + 2 man repairs = easy peasy lemon squeazy

Bonus points for playing in maps with lots of cover/buildings.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Deagle seems like the hardest to unlock, and even that's not so bad, so long as the Unica has a good sight. If not... well, 30 kills to ghost ring isn't s...so bad...

The rest seem like things that will come naturally.

So shoot-em-up Wall-E is going to be a level interaction then?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
it's just going to be hilariously bad having half the team in all games from now on just sitting in water trying to shoot people with unicas...

Well you've only got to get 5 water kills (with any sidearm or whatever else) to get the Unica. No water wading after that, though yeah, there might be a spike in unwise Unica usage.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WELCOME TO THE CTE
Your account has access to the Community Test Environment! To get playing, there is a few things you need setup before getting into the game.

Well, that's as far as I can say due to TOS wording. But yeah: CTE sign-ups are open for PC people to test things on if they're premium. Go sign up if you want to test?

burnfout

WELCOME TO THE CTE
Your account has access to the Community Test Environment! To get playing, there is a few things you need setup before getting into the game.

Well, that's as far as I can say due to TOS wording. But yeah: CTE sign-ups are open for PC people to test things on if they're premium. Go sign up if you want to test?

So you're gonna PM everyone the details/experience right? :p

TheSeks

So you're gonna PM everyone the details/experience right? :p

Well, besides the fact that I can disclose that I'm part of the CTE process, I can talk about what they're testing (if I'm reading the wording right) but there's also some wording about not recording or whatever.

But that hasn't stopped people from making videos about "CTE-testing" features like the linked.

It's funky legalese and I wish they'd clarify it a little.

lem0n

I'm new to PS4 and also BF4 so if anyone wants to play with a noob and give friendly advice on how to start, add me!! RWB993. I have pulse elites so I will chat :)

Played some tashty Oblit/Rush with none other than Seks last night. The stench of my badness kept people out of our squad which made him pretty sad, so it was a good time. Even playing with a controller I was usually at or around the middle of the team. Also made my best-all-time RPG shot to nail a faraway attack boat over a hill. It's nice to be back.

TheSeks

Played some tashty Oblit/Rush with none other than Seks last night. The stench of my badness kept people out of our squad which made him pretty sad, so it was a good time. Even playing with a controller I was usually at or around the middle of the team. Also made my best-all-time RPG shot to nail a faraway attack boat over a hill. It's nice to be back.

You're playing with... a controller? No wonder you're having a negative killstreak. :p

Nah, three person squad was fine. You were doing alright. I ate shit the first few lives Golmund but I started to get back into it with the tank and AA. Problem is our team didn't support for their two arms and we could've had the third if we had more time and held them off but they were over us. That Haian round though was when our team came into our own.

I just don't like small person squads because it basically nullifies the squad-point-perk mechanic. Too many "LAST MAN IN SQUAD->SQUAD BONUS WIPED"

You're playing with... a controller? No wonder you're having a negative killstreak. :p

Nah, three person squad was fine. You were doing alright. I ate shit the first few lives Golmund but I started to get back into it with the tank and AA. Problem is our team didn't support for their two arms and we could've had the third if we had more time and held them off but they were over us. That Haian round though was when our team came into our own.

I just don't like small person squads because it basically nullifies the squad-point-perk mechanic. Too many "LAST MAN IN SQUAD->SQUAD BONUS WIPED"

I don't normally. It was only because I enjoyed playing the campaign missions with it. I was doing better with the controller than I was with M&K last time you were spectating. Totally get why small squads are annoying, but it's always funny/sad when there's one guy on the team who is clearly the only person actually caring and using chat. :(

Regrettably the horrifying rubberbanding returned in force tonight. Played a couple of grand games, then suddenly ping spikes to 300 and unplayable situations out the wazoo. BF4 seems to update your ping verrrrry slowly as well which is never helpful. I'll just hope it doesn't stick this time, and know to keep an eye on my browser if things get jerky without rubberbanding.

burnfout

Upcoming:

FboQz.png

oh wow, gotta give props for someone at DICE who is still implementing actual new features, and a good one at that, not just Battlelog BS :D

you do know that the battlelog developers aren't the actual game developers, right? they have their own team

well technically yeah but as far as updates to things concerning Battlefield 4, this is better than loadouts in battlelog :p (and i hope there is a third team fixing issues with the game instead of all focusing on new features, still a lot of small glitches and bugs in there)

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Its in BF3 but again cut from BF4? Sequels are supposed to take the previous game and improve upon it, not start from scratch every time! :E
No, you misunderstand,it was not a feature in bf3. The image was created in bf3 when this individual was suggesting that they should add this feature into bf3. The feature has come back up again and hopefully will be instituted, but the same bf3 image is used as demonstration.

TheSeks

Its in BF3 but again cut from BF4? Sequels are supposed to take the previous game and improve upon it, not start from scratch every time! :E

No, I think it was suggested and it then was added later. But it's been a while since I've played BF3 so I'm not 100% sure.

No, you misunderstand,it was not a feature in bf3. The image was created in bf3 when this individual was suggesting that they should add this feature into bf3. The feature has come back up again and hopefully will be instituted, but the same bf3 image is used as demonstration.

Right. The GUI and Metro is BF3. The suggestion is from BF3. But I'm fuzzy on if it was added. I could swear a "timer-to-live" was patched in later, but I'm not sure.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I should add this, I am speaking from 360 experience on bf3 and can say that it was not added in consoles. I never remember hearing about it on PC or seeing it in any commentator videos, but I can't speak to whether it was added on PC.

No, I think it was suggested and it then was added later. But it's been a while since I've played BF3 so I'm not 100% sure.

Right. The GUI and Metro is BF3. The suggestion is from BF3. But I'm fuzzy on if it was added. I could swear a "timer-to-live" was patched in later, but I'm not sure.

BF3 never had this system, you might be confusing it with BC2 perhaps.

didn't the revive icon start fading the closer they got the not being able to be revived?

That was in BC2, not in BF3.

I should add this, I am speaking from 360 experience on bf3 and can say that it was not added in consoles. I never remember hearing about it on PC or seeing it in any commentator videos, but I can't speak to whether it was added on PC.

Yeah this thing was never in BF3, I believe the closest thing we have to this kind of system is the one in BC2 where the revive icon fades away like how Poofynamanama mentioned.

No new LMG for support :(

I play Support way more than any other class so I'm glad we get the shield. I think it would fuck up the game if it was a gadget all classes could use.

When does Dragon's Teeth come out roughly/exactly?

Also, still jubilant today after getting 35 kills in one life with the A-10 on lost Islands. JDAM bomb kills are the most satisfying kills. Immediately went out for a victory cigarette and listened to this

My browser at work is too outdated for Battlelog but look me up if you doubters so desire, my PSN ID and account name are the same.

we have The Patriot(AWS) already? It's the LMG to end all LMG's.

in other news, TOP10 used weapons -time again! :D

The AWS is nice but so are new toys.

Besides, I'm sure on paper the statistics put it at the top end of the LMGs but I prefer the MG4 and M60. The latter would be even better if DICE were to remove the front iron sight which is quite obtrusive when using any mid range optic.

As for your weapons, all fairly nice selections. When I went through my shotgun phase a while back the Saiga was my go to weapon. I don't know how the stats compare against the DV12 but it got the job done.

TheSeks

Pffft. 274 kills. Try to remember the basics of LMG, Snake.

I'm kinda tempted to go back to the RPK simply because everyone and their mother is using the Boss. :( That and the AK's in BF4 aren't the classic AK iron-sights like the RPK. Blech.

Although the AK-5C is apparently Sweedish which discounts it.

mitchman

Gold Member
Pffft. 274 kills. Try to remember the basics of LMG, Snake.

I'm kinda tempted to go back to the RPK simply because everyone and their mother is using the Boss. :( That and the AK's in BF4 aren't the classic AK iron-sights like the RPK. Blech.

Although the AK-5C is apparently Sweedish which discounts it.

AK 5C is the Swedish version of the FN FNC assault rifle. There's no doubt that quite a few DICE employees used it in the army, hence it's good performance.

Top Bottom