• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The RPK 12 is the LMG that came with second assault?

No, that's the RPK-74M (which came with China Rising). And a lot of people sleep on "terrible" guns. Like the RFB, a lot of people thought it bad but it's actually REALLY good in the right hands. The M60E4 came with Second Assault, BTW.

The only gun that'd I'd really argue is "terribad" is the CBJ-MS. All the other PDW's will lay it flat in seconds. It's considered pretty bad by most everyone that IIRC they're thinking of changing it's damage model (buff/nerfs in range, I think?) because of it.

Cronnie

The RPK 12 is the LMG that came with second assault?

If it is, why are you using it? It's one of the worst guns in the game!

Yeah you're thinking of the RPK-74M as TheSeks pointed out, the RPK-12 is the one you get for the Support Expert assignment, and it's a laser if you tap fire it, it's actually my most used LMG;

0KL5e4G.png

No, that's the RPK-74M (which came with China Rising). And a lot of people sleep on "terrible" guns. Like the RFB, a lot of people thought it bad but it's actually REALLY good in the right hands. The M60E4 came with Second Assault, BTW.

The only gun that'd I'd really argue is "terribad" is the CBJ-MS. All the other PDW's will lay it flat in seconds. It's considered pretty bad by most everyone that IIRC they're thinking of changing it's damage model (buff/nerfs in range, I think?) because of it.

CBJ-MS feels like BF3's QBZ-95B, which is awesome.

the starter lmg sucks so bad it hurts. #icant

but i must soldier on for the mastery tags.

I like the CBJ-MS. It was my go-to weapon for a bit; 427 kills. At the time I unlocked it, it was the best gun that combined a large magazine and a really tight firing pattern. Right now I'm in an ACE 21/52 rut.

Wait did they pull ALL official servers? Because as far as I can tell there's almost no domination servers, and quick match just throws me in to empty games.

not all but most of them :/ atleast on the PS4.

obliteration, domination and tdm servers are pretty much gone, not to mention hardcore variants.

You can do it. Once you have the Type 88 it's light night and day. I don't know why they inflicted that starter gun on players. :/ Whatever about its statistical viability, it just feels lame because it's not belt-fed with a huge time between reloads.

The decision to give Support players the U-100 as a starter is baffling to me. Well, it would have been fine if the gun had a drum magazine, like it does in most real life pictures you'll find of it. Instead it has a 45 round magazine and it's just a cumbersome assualt rifle with a slow rate of fire and fairly good handling. But nothing about it bar the bipod actually encourages people to play a supporting role.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nobody could used them since battle pick ups are broken.

Real Talk, i dont even try to get Battle Pickups since theyre so damn finicky to pick up.
Did it got fixed with the new servers?

You can do it. Once you have the Type 88 it's light night and day. I don't know why they inflicted that starter gun on players. :/ Whatever about its statistical viability, it just feels lame because it's not belt-fed with a huge time between reloads.

Yep. Type-88 is a beast gun and it was my go to until I got the RPK-12. It's an amazing weapon.

TheSeks

Never understood the hate for the CBJ-MS. Not an amazing gun by any means, but I always did well when I used it.

It's not a "bad" gun but compared to the other PDW's it's really weak and not worth using. It really does need a buff because even in close-range all the other PDW's will kill someone in seconds while the CBJ requires like 6 bullets even in 5 meter range to kill someone. That's not to mention the laughable mid-long range game where the other PDW's can actually kill someone while you're better off throwing rocks at someone with the CBJ.

The only reason why I'm bothering to use it is for the Sweedish gun assignment. Otherwise the PDW-R, FN P90, PP-2000, MP7 are highly preferred to use. While the other PDW's are "good, but not as mobile." Then... the CBJ with "eh, only worth using if you're going for the assignment otherwise use the other guns because it's damage model is wack."

I'm generally one that finds some good in all the guns, but with the CBJ as it is right now it's very hard to find some good in it. Mostly because of the damage model.

The starter LMG is good. Git gud, son.

I need to go back to it to get more unlocks. I kinda dropped it by the wayside with the Type-88

Which reminds me, I'm struggling with the MX4. I don't think it's a bad gun but good lord bare-bones is crazy to handle. DICE's "beta set-up" for it like the starter LMG was crazy good, even if you dropped the lasers off them. But I dunno if it's the CTE screwing with me or not. I should check the MX4 in Live and see if they've messed with my mind.

Dice just released a new trailer for BF4 Premium that shows glimpse of gameplay from DT and Final stand... my question is who buys premium at this time when the game is pretty much over....... missed out of more than half the double xp already. 3 maps packs are out also.

Dice just released a new trailer for BF4 Premium that shows glimpse of gameplay from DT and Final stand... my question is who buys premium at this time when the game is pretty much over....... missed out of more than half the double xp already. 3 maps packs are out also.

It's more the issue that EA refuses to put Premium on sale during all this shit.

yeah, its just that either i get in close range and get instantly taken down by people using other guns with much better hipfire, or I get shot down from a distance by weapons that seem to be much better than the U-100. Feels like half the shots I take don't register/miss when shooting from a distance. Maybe it's something to do with the muzzle velocity, idk.

I need to go back to it to get more unlocks. I kinda dropped it by the wayside with the Type-88

Which reminds me, I'm struggling with the MX4. I don't think it's a bad gun but good lord bare-bones is crazy to handle. DICE's "beta set-up" for it like the starter LMG was crazy good, even if you dropped the lasers off them. But I dunno if it's the CTE screwing with me or not. I should check the MX4 in Live and see if they've messed with my mind.

This is actually pretty interesting, I'm using the MX4 too for the mastery tags and I'm having a much easier time with it than the starter lmg. I guess I just play way too aggressively and the U-100 isn't exactly well suited for that, while the MX4 is at least pretty good in close quarters. Been having a pretty good time with the SAR-21 too as of late, I just need to stay back and make use of the gun's advantages instead of going rambo like I usually do with the other assault rifles.

TheSeks

yeah, its just that either i get in close range and get instantly taken down by people using other guns with much better hipfire, or I get shot down from a distance by weapons that seem to be much better than the U-100. Feels like half the shots I take don't register/miss when shooting from a distance. Maybe it's something to do with the muzzle velocity, idk.

There's also visual recoil that isn't the actual recoil to consider. Apparently that's a game design thing. :/

I'm generally one that finds some good in all the guns, but with the CBJ as it is right now it's very hard to find some good in it. Mostly because of the damage model.

...[

Comedy gold. You're really cementing your reputation here.

I don't have premium and am still considering it.

I don't ever use double xp or any boosts so those are no incentive to me. I like to level up at my own pace.

And when I finally do pull the trigger on it, all those map packs will be new to me.

But the base maps and CR as SO strong, I just haven't felt like I needed to get the extra packs.

I don't ever use double xp or any boosts so those are no incentive to me. I like to level up at my own pace.

And when I finally do pull the trigger on it, all those map packs will be new to me.

But the base maps and CR as SO strong, I just haven't felt like I needed to get the extra packs.

Just wanted to say I highly recommend you find a way to try out Naval Strike. Now that the servers are smoothed out (crosses fingers!!!!) it is absolutely a blast. It feels very different from any of the other maps due to the water based maps.

Carrier mode is great too. Maybe not as epic as the old Titan mode, but still fantastic!

I can hardly manage to play the vanilla maps anymore. They're way too f-ing boring. Paracel Storm is the only good map. I enjoy all the CR maps, 3 of 4 SA(sorry Metro), and all 4 NS. If you played BF3 all those maps(yes, even Metro) got way better in the expansion especially Firestorm.

I wouldnt wait too long. Dice has already pulled a lot of expansion servers and you might be facing dead empty servers later on.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Thats why we have a server! We get to play the maps people want.
Though no one ever plays on it...

We need to work on filling it more. The thought crossed my Mind over the past week a few times, especially when we would have 10 gaffers on a server. Problem was that that happened around 10/10:30. Usually by that time, some people are looking to sign off for bed and it hardly seems worth it to change servers when everyone is already together.

Also, I don't give a shit on the CBJ, or whatever, but my opinion is likely just symthic.

I'm not big on PDWs in general. I just don't see where something like the MTAR doesn't come in handy more often. I like the AS-VAL and am currently using the CZ-3A1 which is pretty kick-ass as well. But I use it in Zavod and that's about it.

Maybe Dragons Teeth will help some.

pdws are more fun in the smaller game modes like tdm and domination. but then again I only played those game modes cus conquest on 360 can be boooooooring sometimes. hopefully 64 player battles will change that once I get my ps4 >:)

Tubie

Quick Match'd SA maps and got into a server with these Rules:

"No IGLA, no Stingers, no AA Mines, no SRAW, no Smart Rockets and no Camping"

lol

So, do we have a dedicated thread for our BF4 uploads or what? I don't want to spam this place up, even though I'll likely slow down after awhile?

Anyway, the point is, two-min video of some SMAW fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0h2zqsofN4

lost, Ody, its two minutes of me in a basement just polishing my SMAW in a corner, so you can just ignore it.

Top Bottom