• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

See mitchman join the GAF server so I join. Play a round of Oman and the server is starting to grow...14 people or so and then everyone quits on the next map besides mitch, me and kathryn. Yeah...why did someone throw their money down the toilet again?

See mitchman join the GAF server so I join. Play a round of Oman and the server is starting to grow...14 people or so and then everyone quits on the next map besides mitch, me and kathryn. Yeah...why did someone throw their money down the toilet again?
Was the map after Oman from a different batch of DLC?

Anastasia

The RPG came in handy there! :p

The first one, then the second.
Because I control you apparently.

Because DICE didn't mention the common sense changes coming to how servers work. It wasn't well executed last night, but I feel like we still should have had some success.

Two assholes get into the ceiling in metro. Somehow I outscore both of them even though I'm on the losing team. And of course the fuckers quit after the game.

Seems like a lot of servers have dropped on PC lately. Team play isn't too common on public servers either. Add me if you're looking to play with someone. I'll play any game mode with any settings. Origin ID: makeitawkward

GenericUser

Really need your advice guy. I've been googling for minutes and couldn't find a proper answer. I'm on the fence of finally buying a PS4 together with BF4.

Is that game fixed on that platform? I'm specifically talking about 64 player matches which interest me the most as a dirty 24 player ps3 console peasant.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Really need your advice guy. I've been googling for minutes and couldn't find a proper answer. I'm on the fence of finally buying a PS4 together with BF4.

Is that game fixed on that platform? I'm specifically talking about 64 player matches which interest me the most as a dirty 24 player ps3 console peasant.

There is no rubberbanding or lag on ps4 anymore. Game plays very well now, but there are frame rate drops at time of heavy action and some levolutions. Net code issues persist, but it seems like dice will be addressing this shortly .

I enjoy this game a lot and even more now tgat the servers have been upgraded. There is a very good size group of gaffers that play very consistantly on ps4, I would recommend jumping in.

meppi

There is no rubberbanding or lag on ps4 anymore.

That is simply not true. Most of the time it plays fine but on several maps rubber banding is still an issue, mostly in the latter part of a match.
Sometimes up to the point where the game is unplayable and you need to find a different server.

mitchman

Gold Member
That is simply not true. Most of the time it plays fine but on several maps rubber banding is still an issue, mostly in the latter part of a match.
Sometimes up to the point where the game is unplayable and you need to find a different server.

I haven't seen any of that for weeks. Could be a specific server with an issue?

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Yeah man, I'm in the same boat as Mitch and haven't had a rubberbanding server in weeks. Is there the occasional lag spike? Sure, but nothing I wouldn't expect from any online multiplayer game.

mitchman

Gold Member
The NeoGAF server has now switched to a regular rotation of maps and is accessible via quick join. I filled up to the max in seconds.

The NeoGAF server has now switched to a 24/7 Locker Only and is accessible via quick join. I filled up to the max in seconds.

Fixed.

Hahahaha I changed the server to 24/7 locker while we're not playing anymore in hopes of making it live till we play tomorrow!

Edit: Anddd the server has just restarted with Locker Only! 56/64

GenericUser

There is no rubberbanding or lag on ps4 anymore. Game plays very well now, but there are frame rate drops at time of heavy action and some levolutions. Net code issues persist, but it seems like dice will be addressing this shortly .

I enjoy this game a lot and even more now tgat the servers have been upgraded. There is a very good size group of gaffers that play very consistantly on ps4, I would recommend jumping in.

thanks man, gonna join next gen within the next 1 or 2 week then

Anyone got a good video showcasing any aim-assist features in this game? Someone is debating whether BF4 has it or not and I'm struggling to find a clear video showing one way or another.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Anyone got a good video showcasing any aim-assist features in this game? Someone is debating whether BF4 has it or not and I'm struggling to find a clear video showing one way or another.

You can enable or disable aim assist in the options. If that's not proof, I don't know what is. It's definitely got some, and sometimes it's helpful, other times it's screwed me up. More than once I've been trying to get a bead on a specific target, only to have my sights drawn away by someone running directly in front of them. It's fairly easy to see for yourself on the multiplayer test map with the moving targets.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh geez, this small variant. I think I like it, but it needs some fixes.

Kabuto

I'm getting the hang of the M4. Long range with a Muzzle Brake/Angled Grip it's a beast.

It's weird though; I feel like the M16A4 jams a lot more often even though it's like the exact same gun.

I'm getting the hang of the M4. Long range with a Muzzle Brake/Angled Grip it's a beast.

It's weird though; I feel like the M16A4 jams a lot more often even though it's like the exact same gun.
Whats long range for you? 100m+ it takes me one whole clip to kill... I use a suppressor though. 529 kills with it, 101 headshot.

It's there, and both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes you'll snap off a random shot and a guy drops dead from a headshot 60 yards away. Other times, two guys will be rushing you and your reticle won't stay focused on the person you are aiming at but will bounce between them. I've turned it off before, but I think the lucky headshots tip the scales towards it on.

Fixed.

Hahahaha I changed the server to 24/7 locker while we're not playing anymore in hopes of making it live till we play tomorrow!

Edit: Anddd the server has just restarted with Locker Only! 56/64

We should probably make it Locker/Metro. The goal is to get the DLC mix running regularly, and the last time we did Locker > DLC we lost 12-24 people.

Top Bottom