• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Facism

Was just banned from a server on ps4 because I killed the administrator who had no deaths in a chopper. Disgrace tbh. This kind of behaviour is rare on PC.

the fuck it is :D

Petty admins are as much a battlefield staple as camping for the chopper/jets.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
Was just banned from a server on ps4 because I killed the administrator who had no deaths in a chopper. Disgrace tbh. This kind of behaviour is rare on PC.
Considering how few people have bitched on here for bring banned, I would say it is very rare on ps4. You are just the unlucky sob who killed the wrong admin .

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No it ain't. Don't play that console/platform war shit.

---
(Five minutes before)
"STATIONARY AT MINT TAKE IT OUT."

(Five minutes later, after jumping dodging bullets hitting my ass to a jetski, hauling ass instead of waiting for the squadmate after me)

*armin--DEATH*
Stationary A--Mint takes it out.

MY ARM, MINT. :| >:| :mad:

At least we got it.

funkypie

Banned
No it ain't. Don't play that console/platform war shit.

---
(Five minutes before)
"STATIONARY AT MINT TAKE IT OUT."

(Five minutes later, after jumping dodging bullets hitting my ass to a jetski, hauling ass instead of waiting for the squadmate after me)

*armin--DEATH*
Stationary A--Mint takes it out.

MY ARM, MINT. :| >:| :mad:

At least we got it.

not playing any platform war. in my experience playing games on pc, i've hardly come across it.

first time playing on a non dice bf4 server on console and gets banned with 10 minutes.

infe|2no

Neo Member
Haha, to think that I was anti-snipers in every shooter prior to just trying it out in BF4. Loving it

i am still anti-sniper from my the first FPS i played on PC (ghost recon 1) to the present days
except maybe in CS:Source where using the Scout was fun ^^

QLZKuVO.gif

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I know that rush in BF4 isn't the greatest implementation, but it's still crazy that it is easier to find a rush game in BC2 than it is in BF4.

TheSeks

I know that rush in BF4 isn't the greatest implementation, but it's still crazy that it is easier to find a rush game in BC2 than it is in BF4.

A lot of people, myself included, feel Rush has been badly done in BF4. I still play it because I vastly prefer it over Conquest but the set designs outside of Naval Strike (which introduced it's own problems with the Javelin spam) are just mismanaged.

Sabotage/Obliteration is the new "Rush" mode for most people. Mint and I did a few rounds yesterday and it's still relaxing.

funkypie said:
in my experience playing games on pc, i've hardly come across it.

Then you're lucky. Because there's numerous examples from others of "badmins" in PC and consoles. PC at least has a "community" of admins that counter-act most of this while rent-a-servers on consoles are bought by one person in general (with people giving them PSN/XBL Point cards for dontation/costs) given the way they work with the console buying system. Most people don't bother to put in other admins on their servers so it's "their rules" and if you piss them off, it's kicking time.

lawful

Banned
I'm not even with the clan that's plugged in a couple of my vids. Never took them down because they are so awesome. I guess I could edit the site plug out but whatever. They're nobodies anyway.

Trouble

Banned
Speaking of Metro, Russians always win on Conquest unless the teams are terrible. Map is horribly lopsided. If you spawn as US you're facing a literal uphill battle, it's stupid. I love this game, but Metro is one of those moments where I have to agree on "what were they thinking?".

Shit > Locker > Suicide > Metro.

True, but it is fun to play against a bad/undermanned team and push them all the way out of the metro.

scogoth

Speaking of Metro, Russians always win on Conquest unless the teams are terrible. Map is horribly lopsided. If you spawn as US you're facing a literal uphill battle, it's stupid. I love this game, but Metro is one of those moments where I have to agree on "what were they thinking?".

Shit > Locker > Suicide > Metro.

Except those times when US wins. Everyone is terrible

Ark

I feel like Battlefield needs a King of the Hill game mode like Halo, it'd be really fun if the maps were cut correctly.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
I feel like Battlefield needs a King of the Hill game mode like Halo, it'd be really fun if the maps were cut correctly.
I really like that idea. Maps would need to be designed with that game mode and I think it would be tough to pull off with 64 players. I think 32 might work though .

TheSeks

I really like that idea. Maps would need to be designed with that game mode and I think it would be tough to pull off with 64 players. I think 32 might work though .

I dunno. You can kinda do it with Conquest maps and making it like "Crazy King" where the hill moves after a minute or three in Halo. Just put the "hill" on Conquest flags. That'd be a lazy way of doing it, which would be typical of DICE and new modes.

I dunno. You can kinda do it with Conquest maps and making it like "Crazy King" where the hill moves after a minute or three in Halo. Just put the "hill" on Conquest flags. That'd be a lazy way of doing it, which would be typical of DICE and new modes.

That might actually make Conquest fun.

JJD

Meaning are the servers pretty good?

Rubber banding is the worst. Are those better now?

The rubber banding is almost gone on PS4. If you find it on a server just join another one and chances are you will have no problems.

The game is definitely playable. It's just a shame it hasn't launched like it is now. BF4 is a good game.

So is this pretty stable now for PS4?

I haven't experienced much rubberbanding in conquest lately, still see alot of framerate drops though, and only speaking for myself here, the game has gotten laggier for me; but unlike what most of you have experienced with bf4 before, lag wasn't much of an issue for me since until recently. So I don't know what to make of my issues with lag, or if I can even pin it on the changes Dice has made.

TheSeks

Well, in CTE they're looking at the cause of the drops. At least server-side, they're doing "restarts" to see if their improvements will stop "server degradation."

Which, ironically, was kinda an issue in BC2 through the course of that game. Oh DICE...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ok so I lied. One more rant on SKILL:

480 SPM
27/12 K/D
13 CAPS!
MVP of the match
Win match with 24 tickets.

0 on skill.

GO DIE DICE!
Chillax bro, its just a stat with no effect whatsoever.

Best RAS subplot – GAF on GAF knife or nade only matches as we wait for the server to fill up.

I'd post footage but I got massacred last night. It did, however, highlight how touchy and inconsistent the netcode is. A lot of of front-knifes that didn't give prompts, side-kifes from the front, countered back-knifes, etc.

mitchman

Gold Member
Best RAS subplot – GAF on GAF knife or nade only matches as we wait for the server to fill up.

I'd post footage but I got massacred last night. It did, however, highlight how touchy and inconsistent the netcode is. A lot of of front-knifes that didn't give prompts, side-kifes from the front, countered back-knifes, etc.

Yeah, but hilarious as f. Lots of LOL moments there until outsiders (and KahrMatri) joined which didn't know about our "rule". I think I managed to capture some footage of it. If I did, it'll be in some future video.

Also saw a new phenomenon for the first time on the Navy maps.

People kamakazing with their jets when I'm in a Fast Attack Boat.

Killed me twice...but it was a 'killed in action' death and not attributed to anyone.

Frustrating.

TheSeks

It did, however, highlight how touchy and inconsistent the netcode is. A lot of of front-knifes that didn't give prompts, side-kifes from the front, countered back-knifes, etc.

Yeah, currently CTE is on the "third patch" of testing 30Hz/tickrate increase. And while the tickrate increase has improved "reponsiveness" you still get wonky "netcode" issues. I said it in-game as "while the game is more responsive, the netcode hasn't really improved" and got a bunch of "WTF" from other players because they didn't understand.

When you're still getting vortexes and mismatches, the tickrate "response" isn't a netcode improvement. Double-so when the killcam brakes and hitmarkers/etc. aren't showing.

That's not to mention the GDLK suppression that pretty much breaks already shitty maps like Locker into terrible "chokepoint hold with the LMG good fucking luck getting through doors!" maps with the new responsiveness to getting damage faster with suppression throwing your own bullets everywhere but at the target.

scogoth

Yeah, currently CTE is on the "third patch" of testing 30Hz/tickrate increase. And while the tickrate increase has improved "reponsiveness" you still get wonky "netcode" issues. I said it in-game as "while the game is more responsive, the netcode hasn't really improved" and got a bunch of "WTF" from other players because they didn't understand.

When you're still getting vortexes and mismatches, the tickrate "response" isn't a netcode improvement. Double-so when the killcam brakes and hitmarkers/etc. aren't showing.

That's not to mention the GDLK suppression that pretty much breaks already shitty maps like Locker into terrible "chokepoint hold with the LMG good fucking luck getting through doors!" maps with the new responsiveness to getting damage faster with suppression throwing your own bullets everywhere but at the target.

Main problem with CTE is half the players have 300+ ping. Not really a great way to test problems with net code when there are players with ping so high that they shouldn't be playing.

TheSeks

Main problem with CTE is half the players have 300+ ping. Not really a great way to test problems with net code when there are players with ping so high that they shouldn't be playing.

Are you playing on Europe servers? US
only one that's filled at night
servers give me 120-130 ping while maybe 1-2 people have 200 ping if that. Rest are 30-90 ping.

But yeah, the lack of US testers hurts having an actual discussion on the code without high-pings throwing it off.

-griffy-

Banned
Also saw a new phenomenon for the first time on the Navy maps.

People kamakazing with their jets when I'm in a Fast Attack Boat.

Killed me twice...but it was a 'killed in action' death and not attributed to anyone.

Frustrating.

I'd wager that is simply an inexperienced pilot not pulling up in time.

Top Bottom