• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Tubie

Yeah, Olimpia is good. But Abu is DAT POINT MACHINE.

(DICE says 2XP is supposed to be up on Premium calender and even has a count-down for it. Time passes, calender updates/rolls over to next month, 2XP isn't on. DICE™.
KCSeU4L.png
Guess I level cap tomorrow. CTE time?)

My premium calendar says: "starts tomorrow 5/24/2014 06:00 - 05/26/2014 06:00"

Doesn't say timezone but it has always been EST as far as I can recall.

hom3land

Finally finished with school and have finally been able to start playing this since I bought it during christmas. Is the 2xp only for premium? is buying premium worth it this late?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My premium calendar says: "starts tomorrow 5/24/2014 06:00 - 05/26/2014 06:00"

Doesn't say timezone but it has always been EST as far as I can recall.

I guess they moved it for memorial day. But they need to sync their Premium calender count-downs with when the thing actually goes up. :/

Dries

My game still freezes/crashes at the spawn screen upon entering any server for the first time. I can't play at all right now because of this. Does anyone else have this?

mitchman

Gold Member
My game still freezes/crashes at the spawn screen upon entering any server for the first time. I can't play at all right now because of this. Does anyone else have this?

Try reinstalling. Sounds like it crashes when it tries to load the level data.

olimpia84

Wait, some people in here are actually doubting my skillz??? Roll with me and I shall lead the team to victory
whenever I can

TheSeks

I thought he was coming back to console BF GAF? Didn't someone say that when the PS4 released? Abu was the complete package. God I miss the BC2 days so much...

That was the rumor and what Dream said. I dunno what happened. Maybe he upgraded his PC that he bought
for me?
to play BF3 on but then he got off that and then did whatever since.

Probably busy like Crack and a few of the others.
---

DING. Level cap finally reached. Now to wait until 10 more Prestige levels happen. D: If they're gonna keep introducing levels at least give me 100/200% boosts to use with 2XP to get these levels done quickly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Wait, some people in here are actually doubting my skillz??? Roll with me and I shall lead the team to victory
whenever I can

When do you usually play these days?

I played a few days ago, and luckily Dan was on... we always click right away, but I feel like when I play with you we can usually pull out the wins as well.

I've been pretty mediocre player in BF4, worse even than BF3. I've basically just stopped piloting any vehicles altogether. And I'm having trouble adjusting to the larger player counts. My aggressive style to just push the objective doesn't seem to work anymore. Frustrating at times. In BC2 I felt like I could change a match. In BF3 I felt like I could affect change in a match. If BF4 I feel like a used match.

:(

hom3land

I had this issue and turned out to be amd raptr or whatever it's called had changed my settings. Reverted back to previous setting and crashing stopped.

JJD

I played a few days ago, and luckily Dan was on... we always click right away, but I feel like when I play with you we can usually pull out the wins as well.

I've been pretty mediocre player in BF4, worse even than BF3. I've basically just stopped piloting any vehicles altogether. And I'm having trouble adjusting to the larger player counts. My aggressive style to just push the objective doesn't seem to work anymore. Frustrating at times. In BC2 I felt like I could change a match. In BF3 I felt like I could affect change in a match. If BF4 I feel like a used match.

You just have to adapt. You were always one of our best vehicle players, and as infantry you're up there with everyone else. Vehicle play is a bit different than when you left, things have gotten a little better for chopper pilots (but not that much). I feel that on maps like Dawnbreaker and Siege that offer a good chopper pilot lots of cover you could destroy people like you used to do on the older games. You just have to be a bit less aggressive and prioritize staying alive over destroying armor or killing people. I've one or two pilots on my FL that almost always stay alive the whole game on those maps unless they get greedy.

As infantry do you still hip fire and use PDWs a lot? Maybe you should look into that. The usual engagement distance on BF4 is considerably higher than on BF3 so PDWs suffer a lot, and there are some issues with hip fire as well according to LVCap (comparing to how hip fire was on BF3).

I've been playing mostly alone with randoms and I have changed my play style a lot. I'm still mostly an infantry player but since I don't usually have backup or people to support me I'm being way, way more cautious and less aggressive than I was on BF3.

My SPM and KPM suffered a lot when I started playing differently, but thankfully I started capturing more flags and defending then better so my win percentage got a lot higher (currently sitting at 83%) and that's all that matters to me so I'm satisfied considering I play mostly with randoms.

For us GAF console players making a difference on BF4 is way more difficult than on BF3. On BF3 with just 24 players a GAF squad just depended on themselves to win a game, on BF4 no matter how good we are we still need a bit of support, and we need to play smarter.

Sincerely I prefer this way. Steamrolling the other team almost every single time got kinda boring later on. The games I still remember on BF3 are the ones we had a difficult time winning.

Kak.efes

Stick to the scout helicopters. You'll be fine.

Olimpia and JJD are always a joy to play with. I also had a lot of fun competing with tn2007 on BF3, one of the best infantry players I've played with it. Too bad he switched to the master race. BF4 hasnt had the hold on me that BF3 had. I've barely played in the last couple months. I should try to get on a bit more.

Olimpia and JJD are always a joy to play with. I also had a lot of fun competing with tn2007 on BF3, one of the best infantry players I've played with it. Too bad he switched to the master race. BF4 hasnt had the hold on me that BF3 had. I've barely played in the last couple months. I should try to get on a bit more.

I'm waiting for the next patch + Dragon's Teeth weapons myself. Patiently waiting for the CTE improvements to make it to the game.

Sasaki

Neo Member
Been playing on CTE, and man my performance during matches has increased significantly. It's a good thing we can use DLC weapons as I'm loving the AWS!

TheSeks

Been playing on CTE, and man my performance during matches has increased significantly. It's a good thing we can use DLC weapons as I'm loving the AWS!

Huh? Did they unlock those? Because those have to be reunlocked and I can't be fucked to reget the GOL or the AWS.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You just have to adapt. You were always one of our best vehicle players, and as infantry you're up there with everyone else. Vehicle play is a bit different than when you left, things have gotten a little better for chopper pilots (but not that much). I feel that on maps like Dawnbreaker and Siege that offer a good chopper pilot lots of cover you could destroy people like you used to do on the older games. You just have to be a bit less aggressive and prioritize staying alive over destroying armor or killing people. I've one or two pilots on my FL that almost always stay alive the whole game on those maps unless they get greedy.

As infantry do you still hip fire and use PDWs a lot? Maybe you should look into that. The usual engagement distance on BF4 is considerably higher than on BF3 so PDWs suffer a lot, and there are some issues with hip fire as well according to LVCap (comparing to how hip fire was on BF3).

I've been playing mostly alone with randoms and I have changed my play style a lot. I'm still mostly an infantry player but since I don't usually have backup or people to support me I'm being way, way more cautious and less aggressive than I was on BF3.

My SPM and KPM suffered a lot when I started playing differently, but thankfully I started capturing more flags and defending then better so my win percentage got a lot higher (currently sitting at 83%) and that's all that matters to me so I'm satisfied considering I play mostly with randoms.

For us GAF console players making a difference on BF4 is way more difficult than on BF3. On BF3 with just 24 players a GAF squad just depended on themselves to win a game, on BF4 no matter how good we are we still need a bit of support, and we need to play smarter.

Sincerely I prefer this way. Steamrolling the other team almost every single time got kinda boring later on. The games I still remember on BF3 are the ones we had a difficult time winning.

Have a few days off starting tomorrow afternoon... we'll see how it goes I guess.

I basically got back into this because I was interested in sharefactory. But I guess really, as much as BF can drive me crazy, never really lose the itch entirely.

otapnam

The key is to bait. Lmao

Finished the game today to unlock the P90. The campaign was ok for the most part, but imo the ending fucking sucked. Nothing happened. I replayed the last mission and made a different choice because I thought my choice at the end resulted in a bad ending, nope, it just sucks. Watched the 3rd one on youtube. Just sucks.

You take the ending from any CoD and compare it to this, CoD wins every goddamn time without question. Its like they just ran out of money and couldn't do a real ending.

Well I have all the guns unlocked now after finishing it AGAIN. Ugh.

Divus

Been playing on the CTE servers that last few nights and the hit detection/netcode is much improved for me. The BS thats infused into most matches in BF4 hasn't totally disappeared but its so rare now. In fact in the hour and a half I played tonight there wasn't a single instance where I didn't deserve to die or get a kill. Only 1 kill trade and 1 instance where I was shot around a corner.

Also I noticed not once could I not vault over a obstacle and that has been a constant issue with the BF series in general for me.

At first it was a bit hard to get used to since bullets don't seem to magically disappear now you tend to die fairly fast until you get used to it. Doesn't help you start at level 1 all over again with nothing unlocked. Leveling is stupid fast this weekend so its fairly easy to get everything again. Once I got a few better guns to use I started to do well again.

I also started to take shots at distance I wouldn't of bothered with trying before since its easier to kill them. Also as a bonus buckshot seems to work quite a bit better than before since pellets don't seem to disappear as they normally do. Range is the same, but those point blank shots when suppressed actually hit them instead of them 1 shotting you and they run off with full health.

TheSeks

Been playing on the CTE servers that last few nights and the hit detection/netcode is much improved for me. The BS thats infused into most matches in BF4 hasn't totally disappeared but its so rare now. In fact in the hour and a half I played tonight there wasn't a single instance where I didn't deserve to die or get a kill. Only 1 kill trade and 1 instance where I was shot around a corner.

Also I noticed not once could I not vault over a obstacle and that has been a constant issue with the BF series in general for me.

At first it was a bit hard to get used to since bullets don't seem to magically disappear now you tend to die fairly fast until you get used to it. Doesn't help you start at level 1 all over again with nothing unlocked. Leveling is stupid fast this weekend so its fairly easy to get everything again. Once I got a few better guns to use I started to do well again.

I also started to take shots at distance I wouldn't of bothered with trying before since its easier to kill them. Also as a bonus buckshot seems to work quite a bit better than before since pellets don't seem to disappear as they normally do. Range is the same, but those point blank shots when suppressed actually hit them instead of them 1 shotting you and they run off with full health.

You haven't played on Locker with LMG's lockdowning doors yet, have you?

Get to that and pray CTE's changes don't happen for a bit. Eesh, mowing people down from a Line of Sight where they can't see you, are suppressed and hit in two seconds flat. Eesh.

That tower area is just gonna get worse.

Divus

Get to that and pray CTE's changes don't happen for a bit. Eesh, mowing people down from a Line of Sight where they can't see you, are suppressed and hit in two seconds flat. Eesh.

Oh yeah definitely been there, but was on the winning side of it all but once. Managed to break thru and cap all of the flags, but still lost that game.

I still would take good hit detection on all servers than the occasional spawn trapped shit team match. You can always switch servers if your getting rolled over, but you can't currently find one where BS doesn't exist for more than a match or two from my experience.

TheSeks

Oh yeah definitely been there, but was on the winning side of it all but once. Managed to break thru and cap all of the flags, but still lost that game.

I still would take good hit detection on all servers than the occasional spawn trapped shit team match. You can always switch servers if your getting rolled over, but you can't currently find one where BS doesn't exist for more than a match or two from my experience.

It's not just that (Locker) map. The new tickrate unbalances the guns and the suppression is made worse by it. CTE needs to look into it. Yes, it has fixed the jet problems (which is something that should go into the Live game) yes it has fixed the chat-lag delay (at least it seems to me?), yes the game is "more responsive" (while still having netcode issues, so not really a fix but a band-aid) but unless they change some of the stuff to get around the new even lower TTK, no thanks.

Symax

Wasn't that always a problem on Metro and Locker?

Chaplain

Does anyone know if Dice has plans of adding more CTF maps? Four is not enough with the amount of maps presently in the game.

TheSeks

http://forum.tsgk.com/viewtopic.php?mode=attach&id=7242

Basically. Any mode that isn't in at launch is 4 maps only. Because DICE doesn't plan the maps to include the later modes. :/

GOLD BATTLEPACK said:
- Reach rank 120
  • 25% XP BOOST
  • 25% XP BOOST
  • MLR -Emblem
  • 25% XP BOOST
  • 25% XP BOOST

KCSeU4L.png

DICE™

TheSeks

lol seks nice battlepack. Definitely a bigger joke than the one i got :D

Reach max rank? MORE 25% BOOSTS FOR YOU! TEN LEVELS LATER? WHAT'S THAT! BOOST BOOST BOOST!

(Also I see you, playing early in the morning when most Americans aren't on. Uh-huh, you liar.)

TheSeks

Boosts count for weapon xp too don't they? Don't blame O̶b̶a̶m̶a̶ DICE just yet.

Yes, but when you have all the weapon/class XP unlocks... those are kinda pointless.

Honestly, if they gave me 100/200% for the next 2XP for their next 10 levels, I'd at least be somewhat happy with that shitty drop. But reaching "max rank" right now? Slap in the face, double so when it's the MINIMAL boost. :/

I'm literally swimming in 20-50 25% boosts I'll never use since they don't stack for shit with 2XP.

Facism

Reach max rank? MORE 25% BOOSTS FOR YOU! TEN LEVELS LATER? WHAT'S THAT! BOOST BOOST BOOST!

(Also I see you, playing early in the morning when most Americans aren't on. Uh-huh, you liar.)

first 2 game since april 24th. Occasionally you go back to the ex for a bit of rough. Wanted to see if they made any improvements. I also missed the German's sense of humour.

TheSeks

I was gonna join you for cross-continental lag, but you left.

So, I'm having to fix CTE's update process. :/

Heroman

Banned
Did dice just break his game again. When get into a game I start with out the beginning gear for each class,everything else is lock.

TheSeks

Did dice just break his game again. When get into a game I start with out the beginning gear for each class,everything else is lock.

Stats servers are probably down. Give it an hour or two and it should be back. You don't lose your unlocks, so don't worry about it too much.

Top Bottom