• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Basically. Any mode that isn't in at launch is 4 maps only. Because DICE doesn't plan the maps to include the later modes. :/

KCSeU4L.png

DICE™

Conversely, they don't plan the later maps to include any earlier (DLC) modes either. I could understand something like Carrier Assault not being supported, but even on the maps that are designed to go with the game modes, CTF and Air Superiority hardly have any intelligent design to begin with.

Lol, well, gotta get those service stars!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is the SP save bug still a thing? I want the P90.

Yes it is. "Reduced chances" and all that but it's not "fixed"-fixed. Basically upload your save every other level to PS+'s cloud if you're paranoid and doing it above Easy.

Otherwise you should be able to blow through the singleplayer in a few (like... 4-6?) hours.

Conversely, they don't plan the later maps to include any earlier (DLC) modes either. I could understand something like Carrier Assault not being supported, but even on the maps that are designed to go with the game modes, CTF and Air Superiority hardly have any intelligent design to begin with.

True, but this has been an issue since BF3. You'd think DICE had learned from modes being exclusive to a set of maps, NOPE. :/ I guess they do it to try to get people to buy premium instead of playing the new modes on vanilla maps, but... :/ I think it's something I should bring up in the CTE as "general feedback" but it isn't something DICE can "test" in the CTE.

Creaking

True, but this has been an issue since BF3. You'd think DICE had learned from modes being exclusive to a set of maps, NOPE. :/ I guess they do it to try to get people to buy premium instead of playing the new modes on vanilla maps, but... :/ I think it's something I should bring up in the CTE as "general feedback" but it isn't something DICE can "test" in the CTE.

If they want people to buy premium, then simply keep the modes locked non-premium/non-expansion owners. Simple as that. Well, I'm sure it's complicated somehow, but solutions do exist.

Pryce

You know I played BC2 last night. And you know what I loved about the BF games pre BF3/4? Not 10,000 weapons and combinations.

Limited weapons was much more fun than what they have now, and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

TheSeks

Limited weapons was much more fun than what they have now, and I'm not sure why I feel that way.

Because it didn't take forever to unlock everything. Because you didn't need to unlock 50 scopes for a gun. Because you didn't need to unlock the perks. Because you didn't need to unlock--...

See a theme?

I like the idea of having faction specific guns. Bad Company 2 has pretty good weapon selection and customization too, seemed like you had actual trade-offs when using perks and scopes and so on.

I wish camouflages in this game were at least half as good as the ones in BF3. The background when selecting them is also pretty annoying.

Are the weapon you get from the campaign worth having?

You get 3 weapons from the singleplayer. 1 for each ending.

M249 (LMG) is definitely worth having as it's basically like another MG4 (which is the last LMG you unlock and is pretty damn good) except with more horizontal recoil if I recall correctly. Not to mention it means you get to avoid grinding with that worthless starter LMG.

P90 (PDW) I haven't used this gun much but from what I've heard it seems to be a pretty decent weapon.

QBZ-95-1 (Assault Rifle) is outclassed by other rifles in pretty much every way and it also has sight misalignment when using red dot sights and strafing, unless they fixed it which I'm pretty sure they still haven't.

Orcus

Stats servers are probably down. Give it an hour or two and it should be back. You don't lose your unlocks, so don't worry about it too much.
For some reason I seem to have great games when the stats servers are down for the entire server, or at least they are the most enjoyable games. I'm always sad when it gets resolved or I have to quit one of those games.

terrible

Banned
Some footage. Funny thing about recording is I found myself taking less risks in an attempt to stay alive longer. I get more kills this way, but it's a lot less interesting to play, and watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W21sdcWAD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXZHofTs7Dk

Playing smart is more interesting to me than just mindless action all the time. I appreciate a bit of strategy. Videos like yours are more fun to me than short rampage clips stitched together. Maybe that's just me though.

Creaking

Because it didn't take forever to unlock everything. Because you didn't need to unlock 50 scopes for a gun. Because you didn't need to unlock the perks. Because you didn't need to unlock--...

See a theme?

I don't know if that's entirely true, at least in the case of Bad Company 2. But I don't know what the problem is with unlocking stuff that wasn't in the other games. For the most part, you still get the standard equipment fairly early on. If you don't want any of the extra stuff, you don't have to bother yourself to get it. But if you don't like a particular scope (that you would have been stuck with in the older games), you have the option of getting a different one; one of your preference.

JJD

What's stopping you?

I'm just too tired right now for work reasons...haven't played in more than 2 weeks. Every time I try to play for more than 15 minutes I get a nasty headache...

I'll be getting a break when the World Cup is up so I'll try to be online more.

That said it seems that most guys were playing in different hours than me when I was more active...including you Boa! Lol!

I'm really curious to see the new DLC maps. Seems like it was done by the guys that will be handling this years new BF title. Hopefully they will be good.

terrible

Banned
I'm really not used to playing with so many people who know what they're doing. I went Assault in CQ for probably the first time ever tonight outside of Metro/Lockers and it's surprisingly viable when your team actually takes out armor.

There were several times where I revived someone while capping only to have them save me from getting killed like 15 seconds later. It feels good.

I'm really not used to playing with so many people who know what they're doing. I went Assault in CQ for probably the first time ever tonight outside of Metro/Lockers and it's surprisingly viable when your team actually takes out armor.

There were several times where I revived someone while capping only to have them save me from getting killed like 15 seconds later. It feels good.

If only I knew this feel.

No man, even on PC some teams are simply terrible. :(

Absolutely. I'm usually a factor. >.>

Looking forward to some urban combat. Kinda looks like it's taking cues from CoD, but I'm not going to put it down for that if so.

smh, according to a reddit post we can now buy battlepacks (and be randomly frustrated while throwing away money):
5YvQhQH.png

And service stars still aren't giving Battlepacks. Hmm...

TheSeks

Absolutely. I'm usually a factor. >.>

Nah, when you played with me you weren't a detriment. The rest of the team not sitting on the damn bomb where I'm having to do fifty goddamn things in addition to the bomb watching was the problem.

gl0w said:
- #BF4 #Battlefield [UPDATE 5] We will see a tickrate improvement 10hz to 30hz. For now, this will only be available for PC, PS4 & XboxOne.

Hopefully this fixes the weapon balance for said tickrate as well. Otherwise OH BOY REV UP THOSE FAST FIRING GUNS AND MAXIMUM SUPPRESSION WE AIN'T DOING SHIT.

Battlecops is hyping me from the unlocks alone. I'm not a fan of giving the IP over to other non-DICE devs, though. But THAT SMALL RANK (11 max? Bad Company 1 25-hour unlocks and then 200+ at max rank? YES PLZ) THOSE GUNS (that appeal), THOSE NEW MODES (Heist? If it's like Payday with non-stupid bots, YES PLZ). HNNNG.

Nah, when you played with me you weren't a detriment. The rest of the team not sitting on the damn bomb where I'm having to do fifty goddamn things in addition to the bomb watching was the problem.

Mreh. I just can't stop dying, which often upsets people (including me).

Hopefully this fixes the weapon balance for said tickrate as well. Otherwise OH BOY REV UP THOSE FAST FIRING GUNS AND MAXIMUM SUPPRESSION WE AIN'T DOING SHIT.

Oh, that was a thing? I hadn't been paying attention. I hope that gets sorted before they roll it out.

Battlecops is hyping me from the unlocks alone. I'm not a fan of giving the IP over to other non-DICE devs, though. But THAT SMALL RANK (11 max? Bad Company 1 25-hour unlocks and then 200+ at max rank? YES PLZ) THOSE GUNS (that appeal), THOSE NEW MODES (Heist? If it's like Payday with non-stupid bots, YES PLZ). HNNNG.

I'm slightly less hyped than this but for mostly the same reasons.

Is there a PS4 GAF clan I can join? I've had the game since launch but I didn't even think about all the gaffers probably playing :/

Edit: nvm I found it

vgamer1

I've been playing for about 10 hours now and I'm barely rank 6. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can never seem to get a clean kill or do anything to even unlock any weapons or attachments. Right now I've been playing a lot of domination as assault with the SCAR-H but I'm not sure if that's the best for a beginner...

terrible

Banned
Is there a PS4 GAF clan I can join? I've had the game since launch but I didn't even think about all the gaffers probably playing :/

There's the platoon. Apply for that!

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/5497610660692586200/

I've been playing for about 10 hours now and I'm barely rank 6. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I can never seem to get a clean kill or do anything to even unlock any weapons or attachments. Right now I've been playing a lot of domination as assault with the SCAR-H but I'm not sure if that's the best for a beginner...

The SCAR-H is a fantastic gun so you aren't doing anything wrong with your gun selection. Just try to tap fire (fire almost as if it was a semi-automatic) at medium to long distances.

Domination is a little difficult because the spawns suck and its really fast paced but at the same time the added difficulty probably helps the rate in which you improve your gunplay. Also 10 hours is nothing. If you're not seeing progress by like 100 hours then I'd be worried lol. Try to take a mental note of where you're dying and where your enemies are killing you from. Over time you should figure out where to go and where not to go just from experience.

TheSeks

Damn man, you are overly aggressive against Seks. It appears you shit every post he makes.

He's just mad because I ignore him, which a bunch of people should do if they're that angry toward me.

But you know, "stupid people" and all that.

As for "DICE shit the bed," Visceral shit the bed attempting to make Dead Space 2 multiplayer, community died in weeks. So who knows how Battlecops will fare.

Oh, that was a thing? I hadn't been paying attention. I hope that gets sorted before they roll it out.

Yes. The new hit registration is "more responsive" (though I've ran into "Nancy Drew and the Case of Balls-touching-close-no-hitmarkers" just like BF4 live right now) but brings issues with RoF and suppression. CTE changed suppression somewhat but the new blur effect is annoying as shit with the fact that LMG's can hold an entire area in Line of Sight where they can see you, but Line of Sight where you can see them is impossible.

Someone prones on C Locker they can shut down the "D" door and the stairs leading up from the underground without you being able to see them. It's crazy.

Top Bottom