• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Anyone here has the Sony Pulse PS4 headset? Any impressions?
I need a headset and i was thinking on grabbing that one.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member
For you perhaps :) But yeah, too bad about the PSN friends list being broken right now so no party chat.
I had to call playstation support today on unrelated matter and first thing the automated menu said was network was under maintenance today and services might go out.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I've seen some Japanese players with really good ones, but I didn't recognize the characters they made. This Gengar is on par with those. I just use the GAF logo.

Yeah, I'm amazed at some of the emblems people have made with the web editor. Some crazy talent in moving shapes into things like this.

TheSeks

Idiot: "GUYZ IMMA CRUISE THE ROOF WITH SIX SNIPERS ON IT OKAY!?"

(Cruise Missile Launched right as they arm C Flood Zone overpass)

Me: "No, fuck that. Cruise A/B/C, commander."

(Roadkills five people on C and gets hit by an RPG from ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP)

C is blown.

Me: "Why didn't you Cruise C/objectives? They're fucking important, snipers can't do shit!"

Idiot: "I DIDN'T HAVE A CRUISE OKAY!?"
----
WHY.jpg The Battlefield community in a nutshell it seems.

Mully

Damn, it looks like a full 60 dollar game!

On a more serious note, It's pretty sad how much stuff is copy pasted and re-skinned. Battlefield 4 already has a good amount of stuff straight from BF3, but to me this takes it to a whole new level.

I was amazed to see that the Chinese holo sight has made it into the a Battlefield: Cops game.

TheSeks

Geez, that menu is so bad. It's taking BF4's spawn map and just putting the equip screen bigger (good) with poor color choices (bad) and icons for teams (no opinion).

I miss BF3's "digitized" score presentation. :/ Hardline is just gonna be that slate-grey score presentation BF4 has. :/

BF3 has some personality (don't know how else to put it) going for it despite the shitty blue tint on some of the maps in the game unlike BF4. They should've went for switching it up between spin-offs like the Bad Company series and the mainline series, that way they could've kept things feel a little more different and fresh IMO.

TheSeks

As for the Chinese scope, is it exclusive to the Chinese army? My inner /k/ommando is failing me so I have no clue on that front.

Also: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED, KANE?
Got the kill on the bomb carrier since the bomb was a straight line on the spawn, only had to dive nail them and pull up (only to get shot down, eject, Jihad C4 as support their AA north of the Radome from a ATV on their Spawn area)

/I'm still buying the air vehicle unlocks sometime this year... :p

/I'm still buying the air vehicle unlocks sometime this year... :p

5SiyNIC.gif

TheSeks

Hahaha.

But it's basically a TL;DWTFATU situation.

Jets: That kill is a total fluke, I'm telling you.
Helicopter/Attack: LOL @ getting someone good enough to fly those while avoiding Stingers out the ass to point at what they're shooting so I can steal get kills while supporting them. D:

AmyS

I wonder if with the last two BF4 DLCs, Dragon's Teeth or Final Stand, there might be a map as massive as Bandar Desert from BF3's Armored Kill.

mitchman

Gold Member
New update rolling out for PC: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2979150493962966647/last/

June 03 PC Game Update Notes:
- Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
- Character collision improvements
- Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
- Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
- Improvements for client side packet loss
- Client crash fixes
- AMD Mantle multi-GPU improvements
- Carrier Assault game mode reports bug fix
- High Frequency Network update
-Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
-Added option to control client side update rate setting

TheSeks

Oh boy that "bubble" hopefully it isn't the 30Hz/10Hz bubble they were testing.

People still play BF4?

still the best multiplayer game on the PS4 by far!

Yesterday I played a few games after not having played it for monhts. No lag or rubberbanding whatsoever, that was pretty cool after all the shit the game has been/is going trough.

i have terrible framerate issues on DLC maps, vanilla maps are good.

and finding any Official DICE servers now is a huge pain, theres like 3 official servers per game mode online.

All others have been replaced with horrible custom servers with "NO SNIPERS, SHOTGUNS OR C4 AND YOU WILL BE KICKED" rules.

Alpende

still the best multiplayer game on the PS4 by far!

i have terrible framerate issues on DLC maps, vanilla maps are good.

and finding any Official DICE servers now is a huge pain, theres like 3 official servers per game mode online.

All others have been replaced with horrible custom servers with "NO SNIPERS, SHOTGUNS OR C4 AND YOU WILL BE KICKED" rules.

Maybe your filters are messed up? I have no problems finding DICE servers. I can't say anything about frame rate issues on DLC maps because I don't have them. As much as I like BF I won't buy them when the game is bugged.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
New Post about the netcode changes, gotta give them props
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/0...-tw-prev-site-sust&cid=22069&ts=1401811599895

Heads up bros, the High Frecuency Update is turned OFF by default (Which kinda makes sense):
The High Frequency Update is by default turned OFF in this release. You will have to enable this setting to take advantage of the improved networking. To support players with a limited bandwidth connection, we support three different levels: LOW, MEDIUM and HIGH. Most players with a connection faster than 1Mbit should be fine using the HIGH setting. If you experience any issues, lower or turn off the setting completely.

PS4 patch coming this week YAY!!

TheSeks

Ahhh, speaking of which. I just got into the CTE. Haven't played it though. Is it any different from the normal game?

Before this patch: Yes. After this patch: Not hugely.

Also for that network update (I guess they were smart for once and went AGAINST their decision to remove that after CTE which was the plan): Go Medium or High.

Though if the 30Hz/10Hz "bubble" is still there, it's going to really fuck about mid-long range combat, severely.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to do all the assignments now to add more life to this game and it is destroying my stats. Not that I ever cared about k/d but man going 1/30'ish over and over trying to learn how to fly has induced much rage.

Anyone playing on the bone please add me- helvetica237. I play nightly 9-10/11PST

Tubie

I'm trying to do all the assignments now to add more life to this game and it is destroying my stats. Not that I ever cared about k/d but man going 1/30'ish over and over trying to learn how to fly has induced much rage.

Anyone playing on the bone please add me- helvetica237. I play nightly 9-10/11PST

Oh man, this is why I'm never getting the UCAV. It only took me a few games of air superiority to realize I should give up on that assignment. That and the GOL Magnum are the only assignment weapons I haven't unlocked. GOL Magnum one is just miserable, you get shot at from everywhere in that tower.

Did they remove the test area?

meppi

Oh man, this is why I'm never getting the UCAV. It only took me a few games of air superiority to realize I should give up on that assignment. That and the GOL Magnum are the only assignment weapons I haven't unlocked. GOL Magnum one is just miserable, you get shot at from everywhere in that tower.

Go into a hardcore game and that way it should at least be a little easier to unlock the GOL.

JJD

If you're having that much trouble with the GOL assignment you probably don't play bolt action recon that much right? If you don't, then why bother?

I would like to have the GOL, but I doubt it I would used it for more than 30 minutes in my total BF4 playtime...

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
Did they remove the test area?

I guess I should have said learning to get a kill rather than fly. I can fly just fine until I join a battle and get shot down by a heatseekers in 10 seconds. That and It seems like everyone that uses the air vehicles, use only the air vehicles. So it's like david vs goliath.

Spl1nter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooojiuDRgw

BF4 network patch.

I'm curious, why is this just now coming out and it's only improved by 62%? Why not improve by 95%?

It's just funny that it's taking them this long to fix this game.

62% is already a massive difference. There is very little that can be done now to lower it further. 100ms of that delay is just based on the situation and than time is needed to process the information. The cost to lower it further would be too exorbitant.

Anyone who complains about 30 tick rate and not having 60 or higher simply has no idea what they are talking about, especially in regard to battlefield.

Tubie

If you're having that much trouble with the GOL assignment you probably don't play bolt action recon that much right? If you don't, then why bother?

I would like to have the GOL, but I doubt it I would used it for more than 30 minutes in my total BF4 playtime...

Edit: NVM I just got it, it was so easy on a hardcore server....

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
I spent a week trying to do nothing but get those 5 kills and the closest I came was 3. talk about frustration. I had to give up on that one for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooojiuDRgw

BF4 network patch.

I'm curious, why is this just now coming out and it's only improved by 62%? Why not improve by 95%?

It's just funny that it's taking them this long to fix this game.

It has to add digital farting noises at the end for good measure...

So sad really how it it's been how it's been over 7 months since release and this still needs to be fixed... and not even fully fixed either.

Top Bottom