• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

JJD

PlayStation 4
• Improved/reduced explosion induced camera shake
• Rental server bug fixes
• Character collision improvements
• Fix to reduce object damage mismatch between client/server.
• Fix explosion packs not being able to be shot sometimes
• Improvements for client side packet loss
• Added controller option to swap functionality of the bumper and trigger buttons
• Physics optimization for Naval Strike Wave Breaker rocks
• Carrier – Invisible walls stopping bullets fix
• High Frequency Network update
- Added High frequency “bubble” updating player movement, stance, rotation, damage and projectiles at a separate rate on foot and in vehicles
- Added option to control client side update rate setting

Finally!

Why the hell did you take this long DICE???

Akainu

This fucking game. In the middle of a game of obliteration, freezes. Restart and within minutes of just starting a game of rush freezes. The only game mode I can play without worry is team deathmatch. I'd feel really bad if I was the one that bought the game. I own 18 games played so many others and this is the only game that crashes like this.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
My favorite DICE patch note is, "Reduced the probability of corrupt game saves."

Well, I'm glad they reduced it and didn't eliminate it. I like to have a corrupt game save every now and then, I'm glad it was only reduced and not completely removed.

Because people who want the PS3 layout are stupid and dumb.

I got used to the stupid symmetrical sticks, I don't think pulling a trigger to shoot is a difficult request.

tdB6ZaB.jpg

Kak.efes

My favorite DICE patch note is,"Reduced the probability of corrupt game saves."

Well, I'm glad they reduced it and didn't eliminate it. I like to have a corrupt game save every now and then, I'm glad it was only reduced and not completely removed.

You said the same thing twice here.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You said the same thing twice here.

Reduced probability of "I'm glad they reduced the probability and didn't eliminate it," post patch should go live later today.

Splinter said:
Anyone who complains about 30 tick rate and not having 60 or higher simply has no idea what they are talking about, especially in regard to battlefield.

30 does change the game in some ways though. That "bubble" for instance is gonna REALLY screw with people because hitmarkers take a few seconds longer to register that you hit/killed someone at longer ranges than 150 meters. It's fine for about 90% of engagements but those 10% are really going to throw you off.

Plus suppression, weapon balance/RoF, etc. etc. etc.

I really couldn't imagine the game at 60Hz. That'd be utter insanity with the way the maps are built right now.

Meppi, I enjoyed the games I played with you today. Always nice to go on win streaks. I totally forgot you were in my friends list. I would sent a party chat invite.

On the map before Meppi joined (Paracel,) I took out an entire squad with the QBU-88 at close range. I had jumped down from a building at C, and they were all on the ground in front of me. I tap the trigger as fast as I could and took out two enemies. Then I reloaded my empty gun, and took out the other two without even getting hit. I was super lucky there. But another enemy hiding in the bushes killed me after that.

JJD

I got used to the stupid symmetrical sticks, I don't think pulling a trigger to shoot is a difficult request.

Using the bumper buttons is way better IMO to tap or burst fire.

I can easily adapt, and I have. But I still prefer the other way. Seems like I'm not the only one considering Dice finally allowed this.

What is really dumb and stupid, not to say outright ignorant is complaining about having more options.

meppi

Meppi, I enjoyed the games I played with you today. Always nice to go on win streaks. I totally forgot you were in my friends list. I would sent a party chat invite.

On the map before Meppi joined (Paracel,) I took out an entire squad with the QBU-88 at close range. I had jumped down from a building at C, and they were all on the ground in front of me. I tap the trigger as fast as I could and took out two enemies. Then I reloaded my empty gun, and took out the other two without even getting hit. I was super lucky there. But another enemy hiding in the bushes killed me after that.

Yeah it sure was fun. :)
Too bad you have to leave so soon. I'm not much of a talker though, so don't worry about the chat invite. My spoke English sucks big time and I have to concentrate more on talking than playing when speaking in a different language. ;)

Had some very fun moments a little later on as well, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaeYBZqUIQ

And on the other hand I had a famous BF4 WTF DICE moment as well a bit later... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPJ201Xjo

Guess some people would call that a feature, not a bug. ;P

Yeah it sure was fun. :)
Too bad you have to leave so soon. I'm not much of a talker though, so don't worry about the chat invite. My spoke English sucks big time and I have to concentrate more on talking than playing when speaking in a different language. ;)

Had some very fun moments a little later on as well, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QaeYBZqUIQ

And on the other hand I had a famous BF4 WTF DICE moment as well a bit later... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2YPJ201Xjo

Guess some people would call that a feature, not a bug. ;P

LOL at that first video. I always forget to press the share button to record stuff (not that it always works properly). When we were playing Shanghai, I was at B dropping C4 from the roof onto the street and blowing up enemy vehicles. That would have been a good clip.

meppi

LOL at that first video. I always forget to press the share button to record stuff (not that it always works properly). When we were playing Shanghai, I was at B dropping C4 from the roof onto the street and blowing up enemy vehicles. That would have been a good clip.

Yeah I really wish the share feature worked 100% of the time.
I've missed some really great stuff by not getting the option to save a clip when pushing it.

In that clip, I cut out the 30 second wait or so that I was playing bushwookie.
Since I knew there were at least 3 people around A and they also had B, I wasn't expecting any backup so Instead of running around like a chicken without a head and getting myself killed, I decided to play it smart for a change. So I waited for someone to make his presence known before making a move. Had no idea that the first type of noise I'd hear was my favourite RPG magnet. ;)

Gordeli

For some weird reason i can play BF3 with dialup speed when i go over my isp cap. What are the chances BF4 would kindly accept the retarded cap i have?

Omni

I don't know what the hell is happening. I keep dying in like one or two shots. Every time. I can't react. Either that or I'm trading

This isn't just me being bad either. My overall K/D is 3.2 with 15k kills or something. It's just that in the last week either everyone has got exponentially better or I'm considerably worse. It's making the game incredibly frustrating for me. I know it isn't all about kills, but you can't exactly do much objective wise when you're being shit on constantly

Gah.

Which ACE Carbine is the best again? I'm going to whore that until I can get good again

Maybe your filters are messed up? I have no problems finding DICE servers.

Oh i have been going through the filters and search options a lot, believe me.

They should just exclude all custom servers from the "Official" filter option. Now it shows Dice games and random custom servers too. I do not want to join a server that has some guns "banned" when i want to play a proper game of Conquest...

in clarification, im on PS4 and in Europe.

I spent a week trying to do nothing but get those 5 kills and the closest I came was 3. talk about frustration. I had to give up on that one for now.

Get on the first platform of the tower in Firestorm, play on Hardcore with a red-dot 1X scope and just kill people running around near you. One hit kills.
Plant a claymore to the top of the ladder for an extra kill if someone tries to sneak up on you.

i want the layout swap because i sometimes Remote Play this on the Vita TV and can't use L1 and R1 for aiming and shooting as there is no swap-layout option.
This is good for me :D

lord pie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MooojiuDRgw

BF4 network patch.

I'm curious, why is this just now coming out and it's only improved by 62%? Why not improve by 95%?

It's just funny that it's taking them this long to fix this game.

I know how people are probably going to react to this, but having dabbled with networking before I have to say 150ms is damn impressive when both players have a 50ms ping to the server and a likely ~50ms input delay response (typically takes about 3 frames before an input can be rendered due to various reasons).
That's basically the absolute minimum possible, which for a game the scope of BF4 is seriously impressive.

Tubie

Get on the first platform of the tower in Firestorm, play on Hardcore with a red-dot 1X scope and just kill people running around near you. One hit kills.
Plant a claymore to the top of the ladder for an extra kill if someone tries to sneak up on you.

A million times this.

I was reminded of this assignment yesterday from reading this thread and decided to try it again... it was horrible at first then I saw a hardcore (rented) server on the browser and decided to try (with very little hope).

My team didn't even have C, but somehow I managed to sneak into the tower and just camped on the first platform. I got the 5 kills easy and then some, pretty much went 12-0 there. This was all on PS4 and it was a rented server so I got really lucky with it.

Once I died, I left that tower to help cap objectives, but I did horribly. How do people play/enjoy hardcore? It's an orgy of campers everywhere.

terrible

Banned
I don't know what the hell is happening. I keep dying in like one or two shots. Every time. I can't react. Either that or I'm trading

This isn't just me being bad either. My overall K/D is 3.2 with 15k kills or something. It's just that in the last week either everyone has got exponentially better or I'm considerably worse. It's making the game incredibly frustrating for me. I know it isn't all about kills, but you can't exactly do much objective wise when you're being shit on constantly

Gah.

Which ACE Carbine is the best again? I'm going to whore that until I can get good again

That happens to me once in a while. It irritates me and then because I'm irritated I take more risks than I normally would and do even worse. I haven't gone through that in quite a while though.

The Ace 52 is the carbine you're looking for.

How do people play/enjoy hardcore? It's an orgy of campers everywhere.

just play TDM or Domination, the small maps make it fun with all guns.

I mainly rank up pistol kills or PDW kills on Hardcore games. Conquest is a nightmare as theres no spotting or proper assistance symbols on screen.(medics etc)

rafaelr

Just got kicked out of a server on PS4. Update file is live in Europe.
1311MB

nice, looking forward to try this.
still not sure if i´ll go back to L1/R1, since most games seemto use the triggers now. otoh, jamming pistols and burst fire weapons can be rather aggravating.

meppi

The server update yesterday did improve things, but I can't say that I actually encountered any more improvements with the downloadable patch today.
Bit strange.

Using the bumper buttons is way better IMO to tap or burst fire.
Sounds like an unfair advantage.

Seems like I'm not the only one considering Dice finally allowed this.
No one said you were the only one.

What is really dumb and stupid, not to say outright ignorant is complaining about having more options.
How much thicker did I need to lay it on for it to be obvious sarcasm? I mean, I do think wanting the bumpers are dumb, but not much dumber than wanting non symmetrical joysticks, which is my preference.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Played a bit after the patch on "Medium" Update rate or whatever its called.
It's like a new game. @____________@

NS maps seem to have better framerate too.
Real rap, it's fixed now. It took half a year almost but it's fixed. =/

TheSeks

Wait until the servers are "long in tooth" for a bit and then the game has you dying around corners again.

Then they'll reset servers and it'll be fine temporary again
. It's a band-aid. A nice "fix" but not a "fix-fix."

---

Get frustrated to the point of wanting to ban a spectator from your servers, bros.

JJD

Sounds like an unfair advantage.

No one said you were the only one.

How much thicker did I need to lay it on for it to be obvious sarcasm? I mean, I do think wanting the bumpers are dumb, but not much dumber than wanting non symmetrical joysticks, which is my preference.

Heh...so that was you attempting to be sarcastic? Really?

Whatever man, I'm just happy because now I have a choice. Even people that prefer the current set up can still find a good use for the swap functionality like Noise pointed.

meppi

high is best for all circumstances unless you have a slower internet than 1MBit

Ah thanks, will be using that then.
Sniper rounds seem to actually be hitting when they should now, at least at medium distance which is all I care about since I'm still a Rambo wookie from the old days and really never "properly" snipe. ;)

TheSeks

Get HVT'd twice in the same life while killing people with DMR's while keeping them off the bomb. Slightly annoying to play cat and mouse while diving in and out of vehicles flying at me/away from me as rockets try to pelt them instead of going for the bomb.

And then arm the bomb for the win by climbing the stairs and avoiding LAV suppression fire to arm.

I think my greatest fear is with the new netcode, DMRs will become hellbeasts.

On the bright side, I get a lot of shots that feel like they should have hit with the DMRs, so maybe I become the hellbest.

TheSeks

On the bright side, I get a lot of shots that feel like they should have hit with the DMRs, so maybe I become the hellbest.

I think they tweaked the recoil or the ACOG is really screwing with me since doing mid-close 50-100 meter shots is like 25-40% hit rate for me. :/ I should try the SKS and see if it's in my head. But the DMR's definitely do some work in good hands.

SharpAttorney

Neo Member

My first thought after reading your first sentence was actually your conclusion.

Top Bottom