• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Wish there was a *NIX port so I could just leave a terminal on and kill the process quickly. *sigh*

You can run a terminal and kill the process quickly in Windows 8 for sure, probably 7.

tasklist and taskkill are the commands you're looking for

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
All of my kits have been reset to zero.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Jrmint

Alright guys I don't know if this is me being dumb or a server issue.

I just started playing this on PS4 tonight and played about 3 conquest games. When I quit out of the server everything was still at level 1 with no experience gained. I joined the game through quick match. Do I need to choose ranked match somewhere or is this a known server issue?

k33sEpC.png

Where you at, GAF?

deadlast

So I keep losing all of my progress when I start a game. I go to battlelog, and it's still there. I restart and that sometimes works.

What do I do GAF?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The MTAR-21 is OP, right? No way in hell this thing can be balanced.

In close range, yes. In mid-long it's pretty terrible. And was before it was "nerfed."

The only claim to fame it has is the ROF that's more than the FAMAS now.

The sandstorm in Oman starts way, way, wayyyyy too early.

Agreed. It's a nice effect, but too early. Should roll in mid-to-late game.

Or be a custom server toggle.

In close range, yes. In mid-long it's pretty terrible. And was before it was "nerfed."

The only claim to fame it has is the ROF that's more than the FAMAS now.

Agreed. It's a nice effect, but too early. Should roll in mid-to-late game.

Or be a custom server toggle.

Not really. They nerfed it in the patch before last IIRC.

Now it's absolutely shocking at hitting targets more than 20m away.

Really? I feel like I've been having more luck with it at long range than I have with the M4, ACW-R, or ACE 21.

Really? I feel like I've been having more luck with it at long range than I have with the M4, ACW-R, or ACE 21.

Yeah, I've used the MTAR in a lot of mid-long engagements and did really well with it. Although that was before they fixed the damage output.

The F2000 is my jam now., soooo goooood.

TheSeks

I seriously do not get why they changed Oman first set. The Javelin change was already more than enough a nerf to the "long sight lines" that were there. Add in the rocks and cover they added that could be moved around slightly on former A/"B" and it'd been fine just like BF3's.

It really pisses me off that the first set is Haian Resort Part Deux now.

Maybe there's some key with the attack boat (which can't reach A/"B") but that boat is (IMO) worthless and since the defense still has a tank the Amtrac takes FOREVER to reach the former starting point/A to try to rush to A/"B" now.

burnfout

Man do I fucking hate the Mobile AA. Why THE FUCK was that added to Caspian Border.

Most overpowered item I've ever fucking seen in any game ever. Fuck anyone who uses the thing.

mitchman

Gold Member
Man do I fucking hate the Mobile AA. Why THE FUCK was that added to Caspian Border.

Most overpowered item I've ever fucking seen in any game ever. Fuck anyone who uses the thing.

You're welcome :)

Sure, that map is a bit special, but it seems that most planes can evade the heat seekers easily enough, though.

Try waiting a bit.
I think that The 'endless' loading screen is a mix of the Matchmaking looking for a match and + Result Screen Time (Without the result screen)
Is not an actual freeze (at least on my case)

Nope, its an actual freeze. I always use server browser, find a game, and this black screen endless blinking white line -loading comes AFTER the map-loading has finished. (and i wait for awhile ofcourse incase the server just changed maps)

burnfout

You're welcome :)

Sure, that map is a bit special, but it seems that most planes can evade the heat seekers easily enough, though.

Planes probably yeah. I used to play the Attack Chopper pretty effectively on Caspian. Now 10 seconds at best.

Mobile AA has almost unlimited range, my ECM is gone seconds, his reload way too fast, get locked again, dead.

Either: longer ECM, faster ECM reload, longer reload for Mobile AA, make Below Radar work. Something please!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!! Are you guys telling me that you don't appreciate battlelog battlepack items???

The best part about this game is everything besides playing it

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA!!! Are you guys telling me that you don't appreciate battlelog battlepack items???

The best part about this game is everything besides playing it

dmg04
#DEADWRONG
(Today, 10:42 AM)

Please tell me you got this tag just now. :eek:

Played last night, ping was 100ish, almost completely unplayable though. FPS lag as well as latency that seemed a lot more than 100ms. Noped out after one round. :/

It wasn't even a Second Assault map.
It was goddamn Paracel Storm for the love of-

Omni

I don't think I'm going to get much use out of Second Assault. Metro is good for some lazy gameplay while you're 'warming up' after first getting on... but the other maps just seem a little stale for me. Probably would have preferred Bazaar, Kiasar Railroad and one of those Aftermath maps instead of Caspian, Metro and Firestorm

Am looking forward to the next map pack though. Hopefully there are some great environments to come

Semper88

Alright, bought premium on PS4 yesterday (i know stupid, not worth it, shouldn't give EA/Dice more money) but if you got the cash why not right?
Overall had some fun, rubberbanding and lag were horrible at times but didn't have much FPS drops at all.

As a former BF3 player i like the maps because of the 64 man with a BIG exception called Metro. Metro is trash, comes down to camping the choke points and letting the nades rain down. The old metro had more charm due that the map was bigger (to bad they didn't reboot Bazaar and made a giant market version of it)
At least OP Meatlocker is bigger and has more chance to get behind the enemy and ass whoop em.

the F2000 is a joke compared to the BF3 version, the BF4 version shoots like a freaking laser gun with a high ROF... We will see shit loads of people run around with it. Haven't checked the M60 yet and the ASVAL is not my cup of thee.

my 2 cents on second assault.

Kak.efes

Has anyone been able to win Metro on the US side? I've been lucky enough to be Russian each time for the handful of times I've played it, and each time it was won handily.

32 > 64

TheSeks

Has anyone been able to win Metro on the US side? I've been lucky enough to be Russian each time for the handful of times I've played it, and each time it was won handily.

32 > 64

It's possible.

But you need your team to rush up, hold the "stairs" AND start to form a line while one or two people hang back. Just like BF3's version.

zma1013

They really needed to add an extra route to the left of the Metro stairs, just mirror the stairs on the other side. The elevators don't seem to do much to change the map.

TheSeks

They really needed to add an extra route to the left of the Metro stairs, just mirror the stairs on the other side. The elevators don't seem to do much to change the map.

Neither do the stairs on 64-player. Can't be assed to go back to that terrible map to see if those stairs help 32-players.

Spam grenades/LVG down that hallway. Lock it down with the stairs. #2EZ

TheSeks

There are different stairs on 64 players?

No.

The elevator and "side hall" they added are just as much of choke points as the original three stairs to the upper floor of the Metro, is what I mean.

Had about 5 freezes last night (PC) when playing for 30 minutes. Think I'm gonna drop out of this and come back in a month.

OR better yet, one of those sweet-ass soldier portrait images that are just like the regular-ass ones but SLIGHTLY TILTED TO A DIFFERENT ANGLE!

ru-engineer-partizan-9a77105a.png
ru-engineer-3fe89f2f.png

NEXT GEN FEEL.

You're wrong. The lighting is slightly different too lol

Top Bottom