• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What side hall are you talking about?

From Starting Attack on Rush.

Go to third set/the Metro itself.

The second set of stairs up to the ticket count area and ticket window.

Look over where "A" would be on that set. Behind (going outside the Metro) is a side door.

Now look to the front of "A" Stair-side. Side-hallway down to the trains.

Dr Prob

Banned
From the Prima Guide (hope scans are ok):

xdSePbv.jpg

turnbuckle

So I got this a few days ago when the level cap was 110

DzN6gRj.png

I have about 50 25% boosters. They give me this nice pack when I'm already pushing the cap. Ugh.

I shouldn't complain though. I find myself not wanting to use them because I don't want to hit the level cap so soon. I'm part of the problem; one of those people who likes the game but also likes filling bars. I know it's mocked, but
if I had the option to Prestige I would. It'd give a reason to be at least ok with having all these built up XP boosters and allow us to get more battlepacks to unlock more camo etc

zma1013

From Starting Attack on Rush.

Go to third set/the Metro itself.

The second set of stairs up to the ticket count area and ticket window.

Look over where "A" would be on that set. Behind (going outside the Metro) is a side door.

Now look to the front of "A" Stair-side. Side-hallway down to the trains.

From the Prima Guide (hope scans are ok):

Is that not in conquest? I didn't notice it.

And no, I don't think scans are allowed.

TheSeks

Is that not in conquest? I didn't notice it.

And no, I don't think scans are allowed.

Again: It's there. Go look at "A" third set and move forward/left of that crate. Long side-hallway down to the lower area.

Or go to the second set of stairs to the second floor/third set. Look to the left.

It's in Conquest because I had to spend an hour on a 2000 ticket Metro 64-player server to get the FN 2000. It's there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The new 'side routes' are too close to the BATTLENECKS™ to be useful.

lem0n

(Sorry for the off topic post)

I don't want to bump the BF3 thread, so I guess I'll post here. I'm new to PC gaming, and just got BF3 on Origin. If anyone wants to play, let me know! Send me a friend request at r0ck3tbunny! Going to be spending a lot of time on there between BF3, Rivals, and Titanfall! Thanks and see ya online :]

(Sorry for the off topic post)

I don't want to bump the BF3 thread, so I guess I'll post here. I'm new to PC gaming, and just got BF3 on Origin. If anyone wants to play, let me know! Send me a friend request at r0ck3tbunny! Going to be spending a lot of time on there between BF3, Rivals, and Titanfall! Thanks and see ya online :]

Good choice. BF4 is horrible.

turnbuckle

Will they up the cap of 110?

Oh crap, for some reason I just assumed they raised the level cap by 10. So it's still at 110? That 200% boost for rank 109 I posted earlier is even more annoying now.

With how many xp boosts they give they should just get rid of level caps. As others have pointed out it looks like they were trying to monetize their battlepacks, but that ship has sailed. Customer Appreciation month should end with the news that the level cap is now 1,000. Or 100,000. I'd like to see if someone would actually try for that :p

watership

I want to play it badly! Frostbite 3 is too awesome! But yeah it's not ready yet. I will happily play 3 until 4 is stable.

3 months after launch and this unstable is incredibly bad. I defended this game in Jan, when things got a little better, but after 2 weeks of issues, and the unlocks disappearing, and now the game is crashing every time i try to run it. Even for DICE this is bad.

Oh crap, for some reason I just assumed they raised the level cap by 10. So it's still at 110? That 200% boost for rank 109 I posted earlier is even more annoying now.

With how many xp boosts they give they should just get rid of level caps. As others have pointed out it looks like they were trying to monetize their battlepacks, but that ship has sailed. Customer Appreciation month should end with the news that the level cap is now 1,000. Or 100,000. I'd like to see if someone would actually try for that :p

Its a real drag. You kind of lose the motivation to play once you cap out.

turnbuckle

Its a real drag. You kind of lose the motivation to play once you cap out.

Yeah, what is the point of all these XP boosters if the level cap is so easily attainable? I'm awful at the game, but all it took is a couple premium weekends + XP boosts to get 90% of the way there.

The problem with the metro 'fix' is that it failed to take into account its two main problems: First, that you still have to go through B to get to A, and second, that the map was never intended for 64 players.

I wouldn't be surprised if it plays better on the 360 and PS3 now, but that's kind a moot point given those console's futures.

TheSeks

I guess that "Express train" assignment needs to be done in 2 round? So hard to get those 10 assists. I am too deadly :)

2000 ticket 64-player Metro. Spam XM28 and M320 LVG and pray. Oh god, PRAY.

Jrmint

New BF player question.

The 'quick match' option works for ranking up right? Because I didn't gain any xp last night after playing for about 2 hours.

Yeah, what is the point of all these XP boosters if the level cap is so easily attainable? I'm awful at the game, but all it took is a couple premium weekends + XP boosts to get 90% of the way there.

You can do what Ive been doing to escape the monotony, try to unlock every attachment for every gun.

Its fun and challenging.
Ya get the challenge of using bad guns and slowly improving them through unlocks as well as using them in general vs others using much better guns.
You get actual "useful" Battlepacks.
When you pick up a dead players gun it isnt as much as a jolt using a weapon you've never really used.

turnbuckle

You can do what Ive been doing to escape the monotony, try to unlock every attachment for every gun.

Its fun and challenging.
Ya get the challenge of using bad guns and slowly improving them through unlocks as well as using them in general vs others using much better guns.
You get actual "useful" Battlepacks.
When you pick up a dead players gun it isnt as much as a jolt using a weapon you've never really used.

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm working my way through DMRs atm.
I do not look forward to unlocking stuff with LMGs. Maybe I'd like them more with practice. Well, I suck with DMRs too. Oh, I'm bad with snipers as well.

But by the time I unlock everything...well, watch out. I'm going to be incredible.
More like, I'll just have an incredible amount of XP boosters :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I kind of miss the colors and weather of the Battlefield 3 Oman map. The 2014 edition feels too dark, and that sandstorm is more annoying than anything.

Acorn

I'm never getting that trophy for five aircraft kills on oman. As soon as the storm hits I lag the fuck out.

TheSeks

I kind of miss the colors and weather of the Battlefield 3 Oman map. The 2014 edition feels too dark, and that sandstorm is more annoying than anything.

The colors are still there... before the Sandstorm hits?

Megasoum

Banned
Fucking piece of shit game... I was really close of unlocking the F2000 after a long 2000 tickets Metro game and I got the sound loop crash... .god dammit.

Holiday

Banned
Fucking piece of shit game... I was really close of unlocking the F2000 after a long 2000 tickets Metro game and I got the sound loop crash... .god dammit.

I'm getting the same thing on Metro, consistently. If DICE were a sandwich, it'd be the sloppiest of joes.

Facism

it's fucking amazing, that in PAID DLC, you have to work for the weapons you've paid for. Just have them unlocked and keep the assignments for those who give a shit about them.

terrible

Banned
it's fucking amazing, that in PAID DLC, you have to work for the weapons you've paid for. Just have them unlocked and keep the assignments for those who give a shit about them.

You have to work for all your non DLC weapons in your paid game too though. I hate unlocks, always have and always will. Having to unlock DLC weapons is not any different than having to unlock regular weapons though.

turnbuckle

You have to work for all your non DLC weapons in your paid game too though. I hate unlocks, always have and always will. Having to unlock DLC weapons is not any different than having to unlock regular weapons though.

I agree, and I actually like that they have to be unlocked. Now, the requirements for some of the unlocks are ridiculous but that's a separate argument.

TheSeks

Metro is sound-crashing so bad. :/ Can't even complete a Rush round so I can get to the other SA maps on it.

Even more a terrible map, confirmed.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Metro is sound-crashing so bad. :/ Can't even complete a Rush round so I can get to the other SA maps on it.

Even more a terrible map, confirmed.
Yeah, Metro has a bunch of glitches.

So this crazy thing just happened to me. I booted the game up went to join a match and realized my class has restarted. I have none of the unlocks I had previously....um WTF?

TheSeks

Steal someones tank with the M60 as they're repairing it. Proceed to lay waste while auto-repairing to 40-60HP a pop. Get two sets done that way. Even GET OUT of a 10HP bail on it, LMG someone rushing to repair tool it with the M60. Get SLAM'd at the second set.

Proceed to win.

Sabotage is AWFUL on these maps because they have a fuck huge map but the sets are all close together. Like goddamn, DICE... :/

Omni

The problem with the metro 'fix' is that it failed to take into account its two main problems: First, that you still have to go through B to get to A, and second, that the map was never intended for 64 players.

I wouldn't be surprised if it plays better on the 360 and PS3 now, but that's kind a moot point given those console's futures.

From what I've noticed, people don't know how to clear the passageways and so don't use the extra hallways. It plays exactly the same as it did before on 360

But that could change with time, I guess.

Fersis

So this crazy thing just happened to me. I booted the game up went to join a match and realized my class has restarted. I have none of the unlocks I had previously....um WTF?
Stats Server Connection Issue, you didnt lose anything.
Try again later.

Alright, bought premium on PS4 yesterday (i know stupid, not worth it, shouldn't give EA/Dice more money) but if you got the cash why not right?
Overall had some fun, rubberbanding and lag were horrible at times but didn't have much FPS drops at all.

As a former BF3 player i like the maps because of the 64 man with a BIG exception called Metro. Metro is trash, comes down to camping the choke points and letting the nades rain down. The old metro had more charm due that the map was bigger (to bad they didn't reboot Bazaar and made a giant market version of it)
At least OP Meatlocker is bigger and has more chance to get behind the enemy and ass whoop em.

the F2000 is a joke compared to the BF3 version, the BF4 version shoots like a freaking laser gun with a high ROF... We will see shit loads of people run around with it. Haven't checked the M60 yet and the ASVAL is not my cup of thee.

my 2 cents on second assault.

I'm still debating whether or not to go Premium lol.

Top Bottom