• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

raindoc

Something very awkward just happened on lost islands....
My attack boat blew up... for no reason. Everyone inside, Alive. Now the enemy has two boats.

....Is that the balancing of this map? One team gets two boats on a water map and the other only gets one?
one attack boat spawns at a flag iirc. if the enemy team captures that flag, it will probably blow up the attack boat in your possesion, just like the gunship.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Gotcha. I know I had the attack boat from our spawn, though. That's the weird thing.
It's been so long since I've played any NS maps. Had to redo all of the challenges, as I first completed them on a friends account before getting my own PSN.

mmmmm

Noob question: Is there a way of checking the time/tickets remaining on a server on PS4?

Trying to get Gulf of Oman, joined 4 servers in a row (Make that 7, now....) that were either ending or in the middle of a mapchange. ugh.

The problem with wideopen maps like Railway or Resort is that pdws and shotgun are borderline useless.

Autoshotguns are still very fun to use, and are viable in:

I'd love to know what the people who love Golmud and Rogue Transmission do all game. I have to assume they either use vehicles near exclusively, snipe, or mostly hang out at the busiest spot(i.e., Golmud A - B).

And yeah, railway is too open. No cover whatsoever except at flags. Not alot of strategi behind the traveling.

why would you be anywhere else except at the flags capturing or defending them? the map also has 3 choppers, several tanks and superfast jeeps to get around in. you are not supposed to be running in the open fields, that's just stupid :D

Golmud is a lot of fun for infantry if you focus exclusively on A, B and C.

Yep, the short range between A,B and C are very fun and hectic battlegrounds.There is also quite a lot of buildings to use as cover, although most of them are destructible. Destructible environments is what most Battlefield fans have been asking for, right?

And the factory at F does provide lots of cover and crazy fights when both teams and all choppers converge around it.

mitchman

Gold Member
On Golmud, A/B/C is all I ever need unless we got the map locked down so hard there is no action there. Tend to happen when the GAF pain train is playing, though..

On Golmud, A/B/C is all I ever need unless we got the map locked down so hard there is no action there. Tend to happen when the GAF pain train is playing, though..

yeah then you take a Jihad-Jeep, Tank or Attack Chopper and go after OP Mobile Anti-Air that is in the enemy base shooting everything down!

wait, spending time traveling is now a negative? play Domination?
Since when is traveling more fun than fighting?

And no, I don't care for Domination. Ignoring the terrible spawns and cramped maps, its a constant game of whack-a-mole.

Making a stand on an invaded cap, or a heavy conflict in taking one, that's exciting.

BTW, if your strategy to have fun on a map is ignore half of it, like everyone is citing with Golmud, then that would indicate the map is poorly designed.

BTW, if your strategy to have fun on a map is ignore half of it, like everyone is citing with Golmud, then that would indicate the map is poorly designed.

No, it means you can dominate majority of the map and focus on hotspots.

You can, and are free to do strikes to the few capture-points that are in the rural areas of the map too for variety. Most points are in different environments too! in Golmud especially, the moving train, the hardwalled factory, a small village, a construction site that is in a small digsite...

No, it means you can dominate majority of the map and focus on hotspots.
If you can dominate just focusing on those three, again bad map design. There's clearly an imbalance on the amount of effort vs. reward on capping those points. Who the hell would want to focus on E – F – G?

It's the same reason it's rare to see a team win capping A - D - E on flood zone. B – C are a much easier hold, leaving you only needing to cap one more point.

Omni

Australian server list
pDMyqGF.png

Asian server list

Hmmm. Been like this for over a day now. Haven't heard a damn word about what's going on. Definetly not an issue on my end

joecanada

interesting patch notes... I don't see anyone talking about connection but I haven't found it to be fixed at all. Was good when they advertised the "fix" about a month ago, then went on 2 days ago and the rubberbanding was so bad I quit after 5 minutes....

F this game is just crazy - 2/10.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I'm so happy :D

All campaign weapons unlocked! For the longest time those slots have been locked up! Now I can focus on finishing the shotties, DMR's, and the damn DLC sniper!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You can't even lean against stuff like that in MP... lol.

I'm so happy :D

All campaign weapons unlocked! For the longest time those slots have been locked up! Now I can focus on finishing the shotties, DMR's, and the damn DLC sniper!

So they unlocked the weapons but did they ever fix the save glitch? I actually liked playing the campaign, and wanted to beat it on hard.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
So they unlocked the weapons but did they ever fix the save glitch? I actually liked playing the campaign, and wanted to beat it on hard.

I played through on Normal yesterday, and all of my files seem to be fine.
I backed them up to the playstation online servers as well

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CTE said:
Added automatic destruction of the wire bases after base 1 is taken to disallow people running up the wires

Finally. No more snipers camping higher the action on Rouge Rush.

CozMick

Banned
Just finished off my first game for a while.

When did Dice add new death animations? They seem area specific so if they get shot in the chest they go down rolling around the floor.

They look awesome.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Man, so happy.

100xp+200xp
getting a service star for something every game. I think i'll be going from 40-50 within an hour of playtime.

TheSeks

Man, so happy.

100xp+200xp
getting a service star for something every game. I think i'll be going from 40-50 within an hour of playtime.

Using the 200% while you're in the 40's... come on.

Getting to 100 doesn't take that long even with 2XP. You could use the 25/50% and get those done quickly. You really should save the 100/200%'s for Prestige 1-30.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just finished off my first game for a while.

When did Dice add new death animations? They seem area specific so if they get shot in the chest they go down rolling around the floor.

They look awesome.
I think those been there forever but real talk, BF4 animations dont get enough love.
Easily some of the best ive seen, they look so natural its creepy. @__@

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Using the 200% while you're in the 40's... come on.

Getting to 100 doesn't take that long even with 2XP. You could use the 25/50% and get those done quickly. You really should save the 100/200%'s for Prestige 1-30.
Is there any incentive to prestiging in this game?

Tubie

It's been a long time since I've seen XP from a conquest service star. Now I just realized Battlelog keeps adding them to my total as if I've earned them, but I'm not getting them to pop up in game or give me any XP. Is this normal?

Last time I saw one was like months ago but according to Battlelog I have 108, just today I've added like 4, but no XP.

TheSeks

Man, I been trying to level shotguns and it is fucking impossible. They are useless.

LOL no. The starting shotgun you get is EXTREMELY good until you get the SPAS-12 or the DAO (if you go for the DAO assignment).

The M26 MASS is also extremely good, but not a shotgun. The Shorty/pistol Shotgun counts toward Shotguns instead of pistols IIRC.

Only shame.

Indeed. TOO MUCH TIME SPENT WITH THE GAME.

And DICE taking forever to unlock those so I can actually use the last few 2XP's to hit the Prestige 30 cap from Prestige 20. DICE PLZ.

MechDX

Just started playing this on the X One tonight and quickly was reminded how utterly braindead half the players on a given server are.

Need to get to the islands fast? Don't use one of the numerous jet skis floating around, use the chopper! get to a control point and slam it into the control point while the opposition has armored parked at spots pounding your team mates.

olimpia84

Last night was fun, my mission was to C4 the artillery and AA that the enemy had deep back in their base. Feels so good when you disrupt their stupid plans xD

Man, I been trying to level shotguns and it is fucking impossible. They are useless.

Try using the QBO9 (?) which is the first shotgun on the list on Op. Locker. It's semi auto and it's actually pretty decent. Don't remember to use XP boosts to help you level up quicker. Once you unlock the Saiga you're good to go, I've unlocked it recently and all I've been doing is trolling the enemy with it :)

Last night was fun, my mission was to C4 the artillery and AA that the enemy had deep back in their base. Feels so good when you disrupt their stupid plans xD

last night was fun indeed, and a great comeback for me personally after not playing over a week since i was on vacation! plus i went up 3 ranks!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I just had a 1-0 match on Conquest in Caspian Border. I managed to get the last kills to win the game. It was so intense, holy shit. Never had it been that close before!!!

Erban1

Randomly ran into a gaffer today (MS1582) when i joined a friend's game, always a pleasant suprise. Too bad we were teamed up with the most incompetent team i've ever had the displeasure of playing with.

Made the decision to finally drop DMR's about a week or so ago, damn what a handicap.

moris

Randomly ran into a gaffer today (MS1582) when i joined a friend's game, always a pleasant suprise. Too bad we were teamed up with the most incompetent team i've ever had the displeasure of playing with.

Made the decision to finally drop DMR's about a week or so ago, damn what a handicap.

Yeah... that one was a really awful team. At one point I recall counting 5 spawn beacons on rooftops all over the map. smh

Top Bottom