• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

Saiga or bust! My god it's so easy to use. Throw slugs on that thing and people are just gone

My man! :D
bf4_stats.png

What are some mindblowing montages I NEED to watch? Thanks

Everything from Ponylion, mostly single stunts but some montages too: https://www.youtube.com/user/t4ct1x1/videos
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_nBscuFaUo

(and the classic Clint Beastwood should do more montages, cant beat this oldie golden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqvV4sxsCjU)

JJD

For the life of me, I still can't understand why Claymores and Tankmines don't despawn after you die/respawn.

Because if they did they would be pretty much worthless.

How long is the average player life time on this game? I bet it's not much more than one and a half minutes.

Do you really believe that mines or claymores that are only active for one minute and a half would be effective?

If you die and on respawn drop mines/claymores again on another place the old ones will disappear.

You may not like mines (I don't) but they are well balanced. My only complain is that no matter how much I press the spot button slams are never spotted for me while mines are really easy to spot.

How long is the average player life time on this game? I bet it's not much more than one and a half minutes.

Do you really believe that mines or claymores that are only active for one minute and a half would be effective?

If you die and on respawn drop mines/claymores again on another place the old ones will disappear.

You may not like mines (I don't) but they are well balanced. My only complain is that no matter how much I press the spot button slams are never spotted for me while mines are really easy to spot.

Indeed, they are in good balance now. In a Tank i always use the thermal optics -mode to spot mines, hate getting slammed :D

Tubie

Ok I lied.

How does one in a losing round:

Get an SPM of 969
Go 25-6 for a K/D of 4.17
Have an accuracy of 26%

and go -5 for skill?

This is madness.

That's a pretty common thing to happen. The higher your skill currently is and the better you do on average, the harder it will get to keep going up.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG

Damn son, makes sense.

After playing so much COD (Where they despawn), it was just a bit foreign to me. Especially after I know I've died 4 times after planting a claymore and get a kill... it feels cheap. But like you pointed out, if you plant another they remove the old.

Got from 40-60 with about 4 hours of playtime? Stoked on the amount of 200% Exp's I unlocked in the goldpacks. I think one of them was 200 - 50 - 50 - 25 - and a battlelog emblem. lmao.

I really, REALLY want to know what "around the corner" means.

Omni

Had an awesome moment tonight. Wish the 360 could record gameplay

I was in a tank on Siege of Shanghai travelling to Alpha from the tower. I was the only person on my team on the road. Anyway, I come across an enemy tank and we fire upon each other. I notice he has a guy repairing and I missed my first shot which usually means a death sentence. SO. I didn't think it would work, but I turned on active protection and accelerated directly into him. As our tanks collided, I jumped out and over his tank, dropped down behind him and took out the engineer repairing with my MTAR.

As I'm about to fire an RPG into the back, the tank driver panics and gets out.... so and I drop him with the last couple of rounds in my gun

Only two kills, but jeez I felt badass haha. Driver had no idea what was happening

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
i don't care, he still makes awesome stunts :D and public reactions are half of what makes that stuff fun

His stunts are all the same thing: Get in the air and then RPG-7 "Zook" a flying jet. ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Does he really complain?

If so that's lameeeeeeeeeeee

Yes. Yes indeed.

Horrible horrible person. Does these in public and when they're ruined will complain about it instead of going to the server he rents to do these in. I wish BF's social network accounts would stop giving him attention.

I like watching stunt videos, but it would be extremely annoying to be in a public server with a group of people setting them up and others watching instead of playing the objective. It's not dissimilar to players who chase assignments.

pff, far from it, if you would actually watch them there's a lot of crazy stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Osz8tnKxHE

RPG stunts never get old though! :D

Yep, losing the match while he sets up his tricks.

Man, I been trying to level shotguns and it is fucking impossible. They are useless.

I'm surprised at how rarely I come across the M1014. Its a beast with a full choke

9EC3uYW.jpg

I've playing around with the DBV-12 recently and its great fun. The saiga hasn't really clicked with me but I should give it another shot.

Personally I've had the most success with shotguns on Rush, particularly on Shanghai, Dawnbreaker and Zavod.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
One thing that's really annoying about the PS4...
not recording the last 30 seconds or so of footage

...got 5 500m snipes in a row, then i remembered i wasn't recording

Thankfully turned it on for my first ever snipe-a-heli-pilot. That was awesome.

Sadly, forgot to start recording again after 15 minutes. RPG'd a jet from the back of an attack boat. Ffffff.

olimpia84

One thing that's really annoying about the PS4...
not recording the last 30 seconds or so of footage

...got 5 500m snipes in a row, then i remembered i wasn't recording

Thankfully turned it on for my first ever snipe-a-heli-pilot. That was awesome.

Sadly, forgot to start recording again after 15 minutes. RPG'd a jet from the back of an attack boat. Ffffff.

Make a twitch account and live stream your playtime, everything gets archived :)

I'm surprised at how rarely I come across the M1014. Its a beast with a full choke

I've playing around with the DBV-12 recently and its great fun. The saiga hasn't really clicked with me but I should give it another shot.

I prefer the Saiga and DBV due to the vastly superior reload speed. Same with the HAWK on pump action guns.

zoukka

Friend bought this game to me. It's been ok, though the jail level without vehicles was an absolute shitfest.

Oh and playing with randoms... nobody gives a flying fuck about the objectives.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
After a few rounds of screaming and yelling and getting super angry madface, I've finally unlocked the UCAV. No more jets for this guy :) Now all I need is... a knife? and I'll have everything unlocked until the next DLC hits! Stoked :D

Friend bought this game to me. It's been ok, though the jail level without vehicles was an absolute shitfest.

Oh and playing with randoms... nobody gives a flying fuck about the objectives.

the jail level is called Operation Locker, and yes it's pretty bad.

Good looking map though.

BF Cinematic Tools has given me the incredible power of adding blue tint and needlessly aggressive DoF while playing BF4. I don't think the world will ever be ready enough to see the screenshots I took.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I am tired of getting that no respawn glitch with the whole revive shit from the guy who killed me.

Finally unlocked the GOL Magnum last night. That was a major pain in the ass. Started working on assignments to get more enjoyment out of the game, that one was the complete opposite of fun!

Kak.efes

You keep grabbin' the MVP from me in the final few moments of a round. It's happened so many times now I've lost count, you bastard!

The Obliteration trophy is DUMB.

Actually, Obliteration is just dumb. Weird that a game with a mode as cool as Rush can have something as frustrating and pointless as Obliteration.

zoukka

In Conquest is it better to try to not die too much or to play the objective game? I feel like I'm camping if I'm not trying to cap dem flags...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
In Conquest is it better to try to not die too much or to play the objective game? I feel like I'm camping if I'm not trying to cap dem flags...

You lose tickets much faster by not having flags than you do by dying one by one. Just be smart when capturing an objective. Team up when you can. Spot dudes that you can't kill from your range. Keep your eyes ears and bananas peeled.

zoukka

You lose tickets much faster by not having flags than you do by dying one by one. Just be smart when capturing an objective. Team up when you can. Spot dudes that you can't kill from your range. Keep your eyes ears and bananas peeled.

Yeah I play pretty good, but in random games the people just camp and I have to commando the flags alone...

olimpia84

You keep grabbin' the MVP from me in the final few moments of a round. It's happened so many times now I've lost count, you bastard!

I'll try not to push as hard next time in the final moments :p

Last night was intense. Yeah, we won most games by 200+ tickets but the opposition was quite damn good and I don't know about you guys but I had to take all the rounds seriously which is why I ended up scoring a lot of points (as opposed to a few nights ago where we also won by 200+ tickets every game but the opposition was bad; I was basically just trolling them C4ing their artillery and AA units in their base).
Op. Locker continues to be GAFs weakest map, we almost lost to a bunch of level 25s that just bough the game last week lol

Play the objective 100%. Don't worry about dying at all. If there was a stat for "deads per minutes" I bet I'll be at the top of the leaderboard here in GAF. Controlling the majority of the flags is key in Conquest, don't even worry about defending and let the randoms do that. If the enemy team has more flags and you decide to go cap one to even things out try to go to the flag with less enemies (usually the one closest by their home base).

Top Bottom