• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT2| Is it fixed yet?

As for commando-ing a flag. There are certain ones I'll always take on by myself like A&E in Flooded or Shanghai or dawnbreaker, but there are some where it is almost unpossible to do solo like D on Paracel because the capture area is SO big.

I'll only approach those if I see someone else swinging in.

Irobot82

In Conquest is it better to try to not die too much or to play the objective game? I feel like I'm camping if I'm not trying to cap dem flags...

In conquest it is best to grief. Take the other teams points close to spawn (A and E). Lay slams in commonly trafficked areas, SRAW snipe pubbies and in general have a blast creating all the wonderful shenanigans you can come up with. I love Conquest so very much.

While my friends and I do great jobs retaking points and whatnot, I really don't care too much if our team loses

AmyS

^ Those are tips I am going to try to use myself to become a better player in conquest & ctf.

Any ETA on Dragon's Teeth release for Premium ? Edit: nevermind, maybe Tuesday the 15th.

The Obliteration trophy is DUMB.

Actually, Obliteration is just dumb. Weird that a game with a mode as cool as Rush can have something as frustrating and pointless as Obliteration.

Obliteration is awesome!

4nXhdSY.png

Bombless

Obliteration is shit given the randomness. Streamlining the objectives would mean always having opposition at the bomb site compared to getting lucky with a vehicle run and bombing while the enemy team is stuck on the other side of the map on foot.

I'd play it then.

I heard they were changing in the CTE to having to arm the sites in order. WTF?

wtf?!

Obliteration is shit given the randomness. Streamlining the objectives would mean always having opposition at the bomb site compared to getting lucky with a vehicle run and bombing while the enemy team is stuck on the other side of the map on foot.

I'd play it then.
nothing random about PS4 GAF playing Oblit

Klocker

Xbox one here and last two weeks since the update have gotten worse ...no rubberbanding but skipping and lagging... sucks hard.

I have tried low medium and high settings... granted only have 800k upload but still it was better before

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Why is obliteration awesome?

Fighting over the bomb for about 2-3 minutes, loading up in a jeep with two squad mates, making it about 200m out from the farthest bomb plant... hoofing it while gunning down enemies, planting, defending, and blowing that shit up.

That. Was. So. Fucking. Cool.

EPIC #2
Loading up 2 ATVs on Zavod and hitting the RU A base. Holy fuck, weaving through the trees past a tank and being chased by a chopper, STILL planting and bombing that shit!? so cool ahghghghgh gotta play this more often.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
When it's a back and forth fight in capture the flag and both teams are evenly matched = a fucking gaming high unlike any other.

So fucking GOOOOOOD

zoukka

Had a lot of fun in a squad with friends yesterday on a HC server.

Tried a normal server with randoms and I know for a fact I'll never play like that again ever.

JJD

yo gaf, when are we winning Locker?

The problem with Locker is that you have to control the outside lane to win. The team that controls the outside lane have easy access to all the flags in the map.

If you have C, you just need 2 guys to watch the lower corridor. 4 or 5 guys can watch the middle one, but usually at least half of both teams stay there doing nothing.

The thing is, watching the outside lane, specially when you are at a stalemate at C is just not fun. You're in the open making yourself a target for snipers, people usually abuse the UCAV, they drop mortars constantly on your head. Defending the outside lane when you hold C is at the same time the key to victory but not fun at all.

Usually when I'm playing alone I try to hide a tugs or a mav on just outside the C flag hoping that it will alert my team that the enemy is passing.

Another thing that I've tried with friends on hard games is always leaving one player hiding outside the closest flag to the enemy spawn serving as a spawn point. Every now and then we would switch places and another guy would be the "beacon" and just stay there doing nothing. When we do that we usually win games that are at a stalemate at C.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmmm... Haian changes. Should boot CTE up to see them, but I'm thinking set 1 hasn't been radically improved for the attackers yet.

Of course, I've got Titanflop's demo on Origin to run. So CTE'll probably wait until Sunday. :/

The problem with Locker is that you have to control the outside lane to win. The team that controls the outside lane have easy access to all the flags in the map.
100% correct. A few months ago, after the the xmas noobs got bored and left, I noticed we were hvaing semi-competitive Locker games again and the reason was clear: No team mates went outside when we held C. Of course, if you'e beating the crap out of a shitty team, all that means is more points for capping and such.

Omni

I've started sniping again. Aggressively, mind you. ACOG on the M40. Very awesome

But the thing that bothers me is the stupid bullet trail. I swear it just goes straight and curves downwards at a random point depending on the zeroing distance. I feel like it's a guessing game when it comes to moving targets too

Much preferred BF3's projectile system. Much more consistent

Kak.efes

Nice, a couple of weeks before The Last of Us.

Wasn't BF4 DLC supposed to be a timed exclusive to XB1? Or did they terminate that agreement?

TheSeks

Nice, a couple of weeks before The Last of Us.

Wasn't BF4 DLC supposed to be a timed exclusive to XB1? Or did they terminate that agreement?

Just Second Assault/BF3's maps. No other timed exclusives.
---

So, Titanflop:

-Campaign is rightfully dead.
-CTF/Marked For Death/most any other mode:

Me: Level 50's Gen 6 versus a bunch of level 3-7's non-Gen/prestige.
Me: GG there MS matchmaking/Respawn.
Me: No wonder this game is dead.

olimpia84

If you have C, you just need 2 guys to watch the lower corridor. 4 or 5 guys can watch the middle one, but usually at least half of both teams stay there doing nothing.

The thing is, watching the outside lane, specially when you are at a stalemate at C is just not fun. You're in the open making yourself a target for snipers, people usually abuse the UCAV, they drop mortars constantly on your head. Defending the outside lane when you hold C is at the same time the key to victory but not fun at all.

Usually when I'm playing alone I try to hide a tugs or a mav on just outside the C flag hoping that it will alert my team that the enemy is passing.

Another thing that I've tried with friends on hard games is always leaving one player hiding outside the closest flag to the enemy spawn serving as a spawn point. Every now and then we would switch places and another guy would be the "beacon" and just stay there doing nothing. When we do that we usually win games that are at a stalemate at C.

Yeah, the mountain area is the big problem, always. Yesterday 2 of us went through the snow side plus one random so it was 3 of us then a sea of enemies just ran us through and then capped E and D. I never understand why gaf goes for the C flags, let the useless randoms get that flag/fight for it. And then when I finally manage to sneak by and get to A I'm usually the only person placing a beacon. Yesterday was the exception since there were two of us doing that but still lost because the other team kept using the snow area to go to our spawn.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
lmao did they just emp all of shanghai? yeah because that's only the worst possible idea you could have

who wrote this shit?

TheSeks

i hope the other guys in the team are still busy fixing the glitches in the game rather than all focusing on sparkly explosions :E

They are. These are just added with the map updates/revisions they make us download with the patches.

TheSeks

Well, got my Gunship deployments done in Live for the rank 100 assignment before the nerf. So yay. Leaves killing people and launching cruise missiles at them to do.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I know how to balance suppression very easily. Completely remove it from the game and forget it ever existed.
I'm late to this party, but I feel like suppression is partly there to solve the problem of sniper stalemates, and it doesn't really do a great job of it anymore. DICE is probably going to balance the suppression nerf with an accuracy buff, and turn the LMG into the same old boring weapon it is in every other FPS, which is a shame. And it still doesn't solve the wookie problem because the idea was to suppress on the move instead of laying down the pod and getting into protracted counter-sniper battles.

And I don't know why they took smoke mortars out. It sure would have came in handy on some of the really crappy Rush maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I have not won a single match tonight. This is ridiculous. Every time I join a game, the team I join are getting destroyed badly. I don't mind losing, but at least put me in games that aren't completely unbalanced.

thenexus6

I don't think I've ever won a game of rush that's why I don't play it muxh.. used to love it on BC2 and BF3. always getting shite teams

Top Bottom